• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

I am thinking that the issue lies in here somewhere.

I am noticing a few classes that do not exist in my build such as 'payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php' and 'payment/paypal/catalog/checkout_process.inc.php'

Line 142 is if(!class_exists('PayPal_osC')) include_once (DIR_WS_MODULES . 'payment/paypal/classes/osC/osC.class.php');

I am going to play around and see if i can get the error to go away but I would really like to know if this is an isolated case or if more than two people are seeing this. I may be looking at the wrong file and be getting mis lead by the php error.

Squintz,

I removed the old paypal option and enabled the paypal IPN option instead. That works the same way if you use express checkout like I do. The built in paypal module was replaced with the IPN module.

Believe me, I had to send customers a regular money request because my website was broken all day.

Just fill in the information and go live with it and run a quick test.

I am having a problem now with a coupon more than the purchase, still sends me to paypal.

I know there is a fix in this thread somewhere.

DaveV

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK

I have most of the bugs worked out I guess.

My paypal is fine,

My screens look fine (except that aweful stock redeem button)

Problem 1

Even if the amount of the gift voucher is more than the product I get this popup

Maybe if I edit the text in the pop up box for "If you are redeeming a coupon or Gift Voucher click OK to apply discount"

forum.jpg

Any help will be greatfully appreciated.

Problem 2

If the Gift Voucher is used and then the same customer goes back and uses it again, the amount is not deducted from his voucher. Am I missing something?

Problem 3

If the gift voucher is more than the total sale then you have paypal selected, it still sends you to paypal and wants any amount greater than zero. Instead of sending you to the confirmation screen.

Thanks,

Dave

Edited by davev

Ok I was using a coupon not a voucher.

The voucher is working fine and deducts from voucher total

New Issue.

I enabled downloads but I cant for the life of me, buy a gift voucher from my website.

I made one called

GIFT_test

and has a weight of 0

I pay through check/money order

Go into admin and process and deliver the voucher.

Do I need to create one manually (use the email voucher option) with this payment method?

Shouldnt it send the voucher number to the customer when I mark it delivered?

Thanks

Dave

Sleep.....I need sleeeeeeeep.... or coke..hehe nite folks

Ok I was using a coupon not a voucher.

The voucher is working fine and deducts from voucher total

New Issue.

I enabled downloads but I cant for the life of me, buy a gift voucher from my website.

I made one called

GIFT_test

and has a weight of 0

I pay through check/money order

Go into admin and process and deliver the voucher.

Do I need to create one manually (use the email voucher option) with this payment method?

Shouldnt it send the voucher number to the customer when I mark it delivered?

Thanks

Dave

Sleep.....I need sleeeeeeeep.... or coke..hehe nite folks

I don't know, I might be wrong, but I think GV are not something that you download, the amount is added to your account. At least that's what I read in the contributions readme file.

It should be interesting to test buying a GV and sending it to a hypotetical friend who's got no account with the store. I haven't gotten to that stage yet, still trying to fix the problem of GV balance not showing at all.

Elaine

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't. "

I don't know, I might be wrong, but I think GV are not something that you download, the amount is added to your account. At least that's what I read in the contributions readme file.

It should be interesting to test buying a GV and sending it to a hypotetical friend who's got no account with the store. I haven't gotten to that stage yet, still trying to fix the problem of GV balance not showing at all.

Elaine

Ok,

It sent me an email once I manually redeemed the voucher in admin. I believe it is that way because of the payment method I used.

It should automatic redeem through a paypal payment. I'll be testing that today with my partner.

Is there a way to clear a voucher account amount? I have voucher account credit building on my test account and I dont see anywhere to change it. I'll email a negative credit amount and see if that resets it.

Haha... That worked out fine. I sent the test account an equal negative amount and the voucher text is gone from my account.

Is there any way to view the amount of credit everyones account has that redeemed vouchers? And maybe administer the amount per customer?

Thanks,

Dave

BTW - Great Contrib once you get it all worked out, but definately a can of worms for a live site.

Newbie in need of help!

I have read through the threads and haven't found any solution for "excluding" items.

Right now the CCGV enables you to restrict to certain products (i.e. exclude all others not specified), but I want to do the opposite, exlcude certain products and include all others not specified.

The reason for this is that only few of my products don't qualify for discount coupons and would rather specify the 1-2 items that don't qualify than all the others that do.

Thanks for any help, I know some others have been looking for a solution for this one too.

:blink:

R.

:angry:

So I've got the program installed, and it seems to accept my coupon codes with no problem, but I have two issues which are bugging the crap out of me.

First is the issue with the Paypal TEXT info being all borked in the order page.

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_TEXT

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_DESCRIPTION MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_URL_TEXT

I couldn't find the place to replace the information... It seems to have been overwritten and I don't know where to look.

Second, when I click the "Confirm Order" button after having chosen "Paypal" it always takes me to a blank page.

It worked before. :(

Apparently it screwed up the default "paypal" module somehow... I just need to fix it back. Any suggestions?

So I've got the program installed, and it seems to accept my coupon codes with no problem, but I have two issues which are bugging the crap out of me.

First is the issue with the Paypal TEXT info being all borked in the order page.

I couldn't find the place to replace the information... It seems to have been overwritten and I don't know where to look.

Second, when I click the "Confirm Order" button after having chosen "Paypal" it always takes me to a blank page.

Apparently it screwed up the default "paypal" module somehow... I just need to fix it back. Any suggestions?

The old paypal module seems to be replaced by the paypal IPM module.

I was having the same issues you are and I disabled the old paypal and installed the new paypal module.

I am NOT using paypal pro just express checkout.

I have a major issue with this change atm

I have flat rate shipping setup and the shipping shows on the order confirmation screen but when it transfers to paypal, the shipping is lost.

I need to continue testing but right now that is my top issue.

Dave

The old paypal module seems to be replaced by the paypal IPM module.

I was having the same issues you are and I disabled the old paypal and installed the new paypal module.

I am NOT using paypal pro just express checkout.

I have a major issue with this change atm

I have flat rate shipping setup and the shipping shows on the order confirmation screen but when it transfers to paypal, the shipping is lost.

I need to continue testing but right now that is my top issue.

Dave

In case anyone is wondering about the "Gift Voucher" being applied to the order during checkout, here are a few things I found out:

1. When a customer inputs their Gift Voucher code, it reads at the top:

The coupon has been successfully applied for $xx.xx

However, there is no sign of this discount applied to the order amount.

2. To apply this to the order the customer must select "Pay with Gift Voucher" under the "Payment Method" box. However, nobody will know that upon checkout.

3. Here is what I have done to fix the problem:

in catalog/includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php I added the following to line 18-19:

define('ERROR_REDEEMED_AMOUNT_INSTRUCTIONS', '.  To apply this amount to your order select the "Pay with Gift Voucher" option under "Payment Method."  
										   If this is less than the amount of your order, please select an additonal payment method for the remaining balance.');

Then in catalog/includes/modules/order_total/ot_gv.php I replaced line 255 which reads:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'payment_error='.$this->code.'&error=' . urlencode(ERROR_REDEEMED_AMOUNT. $currencies->format($gv_amount)), 'SSL'));

with the following:

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, 'payment_error='.$this->code.'&error=' . urlencode(ERROR_REDEEMED_AMOUNT. $currencies->format($gv_amount) . ERROR_REDEEMED_AMOUNT_INSTRUCTIONS), 'SSL'));

This now gives the following result so that the customer has instructions on how to apply the Gift Voucher amount to their order:

The coupon has been successfully applied for $xx.xx. To apply this amount to your order select the "Pay with Gift Voucher" option under "Payment Method." If this is less than the amount of your order, please select an additonal payment method for the remaining balance.

Hope this helps someone :D

I still haven't found a fix for shipping charges not going to paypal

heres what the paypal page says

Payment For: Wermie Ernie Kustom Baits osCommerce

Currency: U.S. Dollars Help

Amount: $42.25 USD

Shipping & Handling: $0.00 USD

Total Amount: $42.25 USD

Any suggestions?

Dave

I still haven't found a fix for shipping charges not going to paypal

heres what the paypal page says

Payment For: Wermie Ernie Kustom Baits osCommerce

Currency: U.S. Dollars Help

Amount: $42.25 USD

Shipping & Handling: $0.00 USD

Total Amount: $42.25 USD

Any suggestions?

Dave

My shipping issue was resolved by uninstalling the module and reinstalling it.

It needs to be reconfigured for price and shipping amounts and all seems to work fine.

Dave

Ok I read though this forum and I still cant figure out how to fix the width and the funny text problem can anyone point me in the right direction. Also is there anything else that I need to change. I am using standard pay pal not ipn or pro.

Thank you for the help in advance.

Can someone let me know if they're having this problem. When I click the redeem button everything is applied as it should but the credit card error message pops up since I haven't a credit card into the field.

Can some one else try and see if they get this error also and let me know.

I have an issue with CGV Contribution.

Someone wants to purchase products from your site, has an active voucher, but chooses NOT to use it at the time of purchase because they are saving it for something else in the future.

They want to pay for an item via paypal or CC or MO, the bug would not pass the data to the proper payment module, yet an order is still placed in the database for something that hasn't been paid for.

I have tried with CC and the process did not even go thru the credit card validation.

I am using CCGV5.16

Any ideas

Thanks,

Uncas

I have read through the threads and haven't found any solution for "excluding" items.

Right now the CCGV enables you to restrict to certain products (i.e. exclude all others not specified), but I want to do the opposite, exlcude certain products and include all others not specified.

The reason for this is that only few of my products don't qualify for discount coupons and would rather specify the 1-2 items that don't qualify than all the others that do.

Thanks for any help, I know some others have been looking for a solution for this one too.

R.

R.

Hmm, not sure if I'm on the right path here, but I'd say in your admin section, revise the "products that qualify" box to a "products that don't qualify" box, then change the underlying SQL statement to do something like "check off all products (or set to 1 or whatever) EXCEPT the products submitted in the "products that don't qualify box". It seems the easiest way to me, as it won't really require any modification outside the admin module. Sorry I don't know where theSQL query is but it will be in the admin somewhere.

Hope this helps, but sorry I can't be clearer... just no friggin time ya know?

Does anyone have this contrib working.

yes, but I don't use the Paypal extension and I'm still in testing. I'm setting up the easy checkout mod on top of this and I've read some posts from users in easy checkout forum that completed ccgv and are doing the same.

yes, but I don't use the Paypal extension and I'm still in testing. I'm setting up the easy checkout mod on top of this and I've read some posts from users in easy checkout forum that completed ccgv and are doing the same.

Hey Belly

does your gift voucher queue work as well? as in, does it queue gift voucher until you allow it to redeem?

I do have mine marked as true to queue purchases.

thanks for your help

Does anyone have this contrib working.

Mine seems to be working so far. I'm on a live shop and have used every bit of the GV and DC portion.

I have the following contribs:

CCGV 1.51a

SPPC (forget version)

Authorize.net 1.7

Paypal IPN

My queue works and emailing GV & DC works as well.

The only thing that I want to add now is the ability to delete gift vouchers via the admin rather than manually in the DB.

I'll cross my fingers since this is contrib seems to be working for me. :lol:

I got paypal working....

It was actually a very simple fix. I simply turned off PayPal IPN module that came with this mod and droped the original paypal.php module back into the correct folder. Then I simply used the original module. I am not even sure what the IPN module is but it certainly does not work properly in build 5.16. Hopefully someone will fix this contribution and update it.

The only problem I seem to have now is figuring out how to use the gift vouchers. I have the coupons working well. I did run into a stumble with the coupon mod because there was a change the checked for the weight of an item and did not load the shipping module if the weight was 0. I simply added a weight to my actually goods so that they would not be considered virtual goods.

So if I could only figure out how to allow customers to purchase gift vouchers and redeem them I would be a happy customer. I guess I am off to read the ReadMe file to see if I missed anything.

Modules installed:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57259 - Options attributes

- wysiwyg editor

- cats on main page

- policies and terms

I am in desperate need of a fully working CCGV for several clients. All my work is delayed because of CCGV. Right now I'm using version 5.14 from 22 july 2005 and I have checked updates in the contribution area until 10 august 2005. But this have never been set to live since I am not sure it works fully.

Could someone please advice me which versions and fixes to use? That would be of very great value to me. Thanks!

Edited by Fredrik.r

I am in desperate need of a fully working CCGV for several clients. All my work is delayed because of CCGV. Right now I'm using version 5.14 from 22 july 2005 and I have checked updates in the contribution area until 10 august 2005. But this have never been set to live since I am not sure it works fully.

Could someone please advice me which versions and fixes to use? That would be of very great value to me. Thanks!

Post #3703 lists what version / fixes I used. and a couple pointers to boot, but I'd personally test the crap out of it before going live.

Edited by _belly