• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Hi

Just installed this yesterday and had a problem when I create a coupon, the coupon amount does not transfer to the preview page?! :blink:

Must be something really small to fix and wondered if I can some help please, been sitting here for while now trying to see whats wrong. :mellow:

Which file is the most likely one to need checking?

Many thanks in advance

Diaz

DOH! Silly me, it was the "free shipping" that was ticked :D

This is another "Top Drawer" contrib, many thanks

Diaz

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not seeing a place to enter coupon codes during checkout. What could the possible problems be. All I am seeing is the normal checkout page but I copied the page directly and did not enter the changes manually. I am not getting any error in my apache logs either. It just seems like a bad algorithm.

Modules installed:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57259 - Options attributes

- wysiwyg editor

- cats on main page

- policies and terms

Hi, Is there way to deduct the credit from a gift card from a standalone page without having to purchase from the shopping card.

I need an option so my customer can use the gift card online and on our retail store as well.

ANYONE?

I am not seeing a place to enter coupon codes during checkout. What could the possible problems be. All I am seeing is the normal checkout page but I copied the page directly and did not enter the changes manually. I am not getting any error in my apache logs either. It just seems like a bad algorithm.

I am having same problem. anyone?

Edited by mdr_mike

I am having same problem. anyone?

figured it out... in addition to creating a coupon, i missed the setup step to INSTALL the coupon module.

(e.g., under admin --> modules --> order total --> discount coupons = install+ )

figured it out... in addition to creating a coupon, i missed the setup step to INSTALL the coupon module.

(e.g., under admin --> modules --> order total --> discount coupons = install+ )

Can you explain something to me?

If the GV is enabled in admin, where should I see it if I am a customer? wouldn't I see it in the catalog?

Elaine

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don't. "

Hi

I've waited until now to install this wonderful contribution in the hope that most of the problems would be sorted out. It installed very easily, bit time consuming but I did it and it worked straight away. :rolleyes:

Too good to be true, now showing the following error and can not find the answer:

"missing argument 1 for javascript_validation () in home/takingtheluk/public_html/catalog/includes/classes/payment.php on line 82"

I've looked around line 82 and this is all there is:

// #################### Begin Added CGV JONYO ######################

// function javascript_validation() {

function javascript_validation($coversAll) {

//added the $coversAll to be able to pass whether or not the voucher will cover the whole

//price or not. If it does, then let checkout proceed when just it is passed.

$js = '';

if (is_array($this->modules)) {

if ($coversAll) {

$addThis='if (document.checkout_payment.cot_gv.checked) {

payment_value=cot_gv; alert (\'hey yo\');

} else ';

} else {

$addThis='';

}

$js = '<script language="javascript"><!-- ' . "\n" .

'function check_form() {' . "\n" .

' var error = 0;' . "\n" .

' var error_message = "' . JS_ERROR . '";' . "\n" .

' var payment_value = null;' . "\n" .$addThis . //added by jonyo, yo

' if (document.checkout_payment.payment.length) {' . "\n" .

' for (var i=0; i<document.checkout_payment.payment.length; i++) {' . "\n" .

' if (document.checkout_payment.payment.checked) {' . "\n" .

' payment_value = document.checkout_payment.payment.value;' . "\n" .

' }' . "\n" .

' }' . "\n" .

' } else if (document.checkout_payment.payment.checked) {' . "\n" .

' } else if (document.checkout_payment.payment.value) {' . "\n" .

' }' . "\n\n";

reset($this->modules);

while (list(, $value) = each($this->modules)) {

$class = substr($value, 0, strrpos($value, '.'));

if ($GLOBALS[$class]->enabled) {

$js .= $GLOBALS[$class]->javascript_validation();

}

}

// ############ Added CCGV Contribution ##########

// $js .= "\n" . ' if (payment_value == null) {' . "\n" .

$js .= "\n" . ' if (payment_value == null && submitter != 1) {' . "\n" . // CCGV Contribution

// ############ End Added CCGV Contribution #########

Can anyone help me please.

John

I have just found a couple of other problems as well :(

1. When something is purchased from the shop and paid for by voucher - I get the message that "coupon successfully applied to this order" - but it will not continue to the final screen, it asks however for "select payment method" again. It will not accept voucher button checked and the only way forward is to check one of the other payment methods. - Any ideas?

2. Do not know if these two problems are connected - but I have noticed that the voucher balance in my shopping cart does not reduce. I can not tell how much voucher money i have left to spend. - Any ideas?

Thanks

John

I have just found a couple of other problems as well

1. When something is purchased from the shop and paid for by voucher - I get the message that "coupon successfully applied to this order" - but it will not continue to the final screen, it asks however for "select payment method" again. It will not accept voucher button checked and the only way forward is to check one of the other payment methods. - Any ideas?

2. Do not know if these two problems are connected - but I have noticed that the voucher balance in my shopping cart does not reduce. I can not tell how much voucher money i have left to spend. - Any ideas?

Thanks

John

John, I'm having the same problem as you. When the coupon is entered through and accepted, the amount doesn't subtract from the total. Maybe we have the payment sort orders wrong?

Somewhere back in this post which consist of a bunch of pages, i remembering reading that if the amount of the total is less than the amount of the voucher, it gives some type of problem. i'm still trying to figure out if it has been resolved yet.

Just wondering here.

Are your purchases being queued? Mine aren't. Seems that all my vouchers are not being queued.

Is this the way that it is supposed to work?

Any help from anyone would be great.

thanks

can some one inform me what each bit of code added to checkout process.php does with all code added my sales go through checkout confirmation and success and then just goes straight to the default home page not paypal? with them all removed it goes through to paypal no problem. But with this done of course i can use gift vouchers as payment no problem but it doesn't deduct from the total of gift vouchers i have in my account.

can some one inform me what each bit of code added to checkout process.php does with all code added my sales go through checkout confirmation and success and then just goes straight to the default home page not paypal? with them all removed it goes through to paypal no problem. But with this done of course i can use gift vouchers as payment no problem but it doesn't deduct from the total of gift vouchers i have in my account.

so you're pretty much having the same issue. WAs the gift voucher amount more than the total of your order?

Hey how do you format the look?

Mine looks horrible...

In the box, it has "Enter code below if you have any gift certificates or coupons you have not redeemed yet." on the right side up top, then below on the left it says "enter redeem code and click redeem" but it's all smashed on the left side and takes up 2 lines to do it.

Login and see what I mean. There's something in the cart, just go as far as checkout_payment.php

http://www.jassepaintball.com

user: [email protected]

pass: temporary

I have just found a couple of other problems as well :(

Thanks

John

Hey John,

1.If your voucher is less than the total amount in your shopping cart, then you will need to use another method of payment to pay for the rest of the order.

2. Not sure about this one.

Hey John,

1.If your voucher is less than the total amount in your shopping cart, then you will need to use another method of payment to pay for the rest of the order.

Actually....I think the amount of the voucher is more than the amount of the purchase. Or maybe I am mistaken from above. A few posts back, someone brought up that if the total amount was less than the voucher amount, it gives some type of error.

there should still be a balance of the voucher for a customer credit.

Hey how do you format the look?

Mine looks horrible...

In the box, it has "Enter code below if you have any gift certificates or coupons you have not redeemed yet." on the right side up top, then below on the left it says "enter redeem code and click redeem" but it's all smashed on the left side and takes up 2 lines to do it.

Login and see what I mean. There's something in the cart, just go as far as checkout_payment.php

http://www.jassepaintball.com

user: [email protected]

pass: temporary

Look at post 3672 on the previous page.

Michael

Hey John,

Sethman

Actually I have tried it twice - once with same amount as goods and again with more than the price of the goods - both times it gets "stuck" and will not go onto the confirmation screen.

John

So then is there anyone out there that can inform me what each bit of code that is added to the checkout process file does so i can work it all out??????

Hey,

I just installed this last night and everything looked to be functioning properly until a customer called me today.

I get this error when attempting to input a credit card #:

The server cannot connect to Authorize.net. Please check your cURL and server settings

Any ideas what might have changed to cause this?

Edited by Sethman

Hi Moumentai, did you manage to solve your 2nd issue? I got this problem also.

I checked the following:

path 1. catalog\includes\modules\order_total\ot_coupon.php and ot_gv.php

path 2. catalog\includes\languages\english\modules\order_total\ot_coupon.php and ot_gv.php

The quickest way is to delete TEXT_ENTER_GV_CODE at path 1 (ot_coupon.php)

But, i still want to find out why this happen.... Can someone advise?

function credit_selection() {

global $customer_id, $currencies, $language;

$selection_string = '';

$selection_string .= '' . "\n";

$selection_string .= ' </tr><tr><td class="main">' . "\n";

$selection_string .= TEXT_ENTER_GV_CODE . tep_draw_input_field('gv_redeem_code');

$image_submit = '<input type="image" name="submit_redeem" onClick="return check_form(), submitFunction()" src="' . DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/images/buttons/button_redeem.gif" class="contbutton" alt="' . IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER . '" title = "' . IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER . '">';

$selection_string .= '';

$selection_string .= '' . $image_submit . '</td>';

$selection_string .= '';

$selection_string .= '' . "\n";

return $selection_string;

I saw this too, then realized the TEXT_ENTER_GV_CODE variable is set in the ot_gv.php file, which is probably only utilized if the Gift Voucher module is installed in the admin section. and it was so.

Install the Gift Voucher (or whatever its called) and you will find the problem solved.

Hey is there any way to "Delete" a voucher once it has been issued to a customer? (I know you can delete coupons) Is this possible through the admin side, or is it just done by manually editing the DB?

Thanks,

Seth

Hey,

I just installed this last night and everything looked to be functioning properly until a customer called me today.

I get this error when attempting to input a credit card #:

Any ideas what might have changed to cause this?

Ok, sorry if I'm pushing it with my posts, but I think I've finally got this contribution going properly, though I am not running PayPal so any issues arising from PayPal I've left unresolved. I'm hoping this can help someone, and I apologize beforehand if I've overlooked something.

osCommerce version installed: oscommerce-2.2ms2-051113

Contributions installed preceding the ccgv contribution:

AUTH.NET CCV MOD 1.7B

Email_Subject_OrderNumber_Status_v1.5

User Tracking with Admin 1.4.2

"we accept box" contribution (tiny mod)

STS templates version 2.00

ccgv installations (in order of install)

CCGV1.51a

adminrollup3

CCGV5.16_fixes_v1.1

Debugging process:

1. TEXT_ENTER_GV_CODE was showing instead of the default "Enter redeem code" directly before the coupon input box.

- this variable is defined in catalog/includes/languages/[language]/modules/order_total/ot_gv.php and as such, the Gift Voucher module (admin: modules > order_total > Gift Vouchers) must be enabled/installed. Once installed, it worked fine.

2. As in the previous post #3700, I got the error:

The server cannot connect to Authorize.net. Please check your cURL and server settings

Now, in catalog/checkout_process.php:

I found this:

(X)

// load the before_process function from the payment modules
 $payment_modules->before_process();

before

(Y)

// Make sure the /catalog/includes/class/order.php is included
// and $order object is created before this!!!
if(MODULE_PAYMENT_AUTHORIZENET_STATUS) {
	include(DIR_WS_MODULES . 'authorizenet_direct.php');
}

and I found the before_process() function is defined in MANY files, including the authorizenet_direct.php. So I changed the code so that (Y) now precedes (X), and this error

disappeared.

3. After this, I looked at my transaction on the authorize.net website, and it was correct although the oscommerce transaction recorded the order without the discount. This was corrected by going into the admin settings again (admin: modules > order_total ) and increased the sort order number on the "total" variable to 10. (my discount coupon sort order is 9, and I want the total to follow it)

After trying another test transaction, the authorize.net total and the oscommerce order total resolved properly.

A big thanks to previous posters for helping me resolve these problems and get this contribution off the ground! All the best.

Edited by _belly