The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for my naive questions, but...

1. After I got CCGV installed I can't find where should I buy Gift Vouchers. I haven't found any useful hint or link inside the distribution (neither thought-out documentation).

2. In admin I created a coupon. But through the whole checkout process I haven't met any field to enter coupon code in.

Any help will be appreciated.

Sorry for my naive questions, but...

1. After I got CCGV installed I can't find where should I buy Gift Vouchers. I haven't found any useful hint or link inside the distribution (neither thought-out documentation).

2. In admin I created a coupon. But through the whole checkout process I haven't met any field to enter coupon code in.

Any help will be appreciated.

1. read the install.html that came with the download. The part that is labeled "Creating and Enabling the Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons"

2. read the install.html that came with the download. The part is labeled "Enabling Gift Vouchers and Discount Coupons"

1. read the install.html that came with the download...

Thank you a lot. In my turn I would suggest to the guy who wrote this install.html to create a table of content just after header. It is hard to imagine that after "Change log" might be a bunch of useful information.

problems i'm still having

/admin/gv_mail.php - Send Gift Voucher To Customers

i click send mail when I fill in form get a blank page? why?

/admin/coupon_admin.php?page=1&cID=5&action=new - create a new coupon

start and end date don't load up so don't get a full page but when i remove the following code

<?php echo tep_draw_date_selector('coupon_startdate', mktime(0,0,0, $coupon_startdate[1], $coupon_startdate[2], $coupon_startdate[0], 0)); ?>

<?php echo tep_draw_date_selector('coupon_finishdate', mktime(0,0,0, $coupon_finishdate[1], $coupon_finishdate[2], $coupon_finishdate[0], 0)); ?>

then the whole page loads up including the preview and cancel buttons - so where am i going wrong?

Hello, I am hoping to get some help with the redemption part of the gift voucher / discount coupon contribution.

The scenario is this:

When i get to the payment section, the customer has a choice to enter in credit card info, gift voucher/discount code, etc. If the customer just enter the code and clicks redeem, they are presented with a credit card error javascript message. (even though the redemption will still work).

If they enter all the info on the screen such as credit card number and discount coupon, and then click redeem, they get the redemption, but then are being taken back to the exact same screen so they will have to enter their credit card number again, and they also may be confused on whether or not they will need to enter the discount code again.

I assume this must be happening to all of you guys with this contribution installed. Is there a fix out there for this to make it easy for the customer to know how to redeem their discount code.

Thanks for your help.

Liquido :o

Liquido, have you found a workaround on this yet? I need to fix this as well. Can anyone help?

Edited by sturmdogg

Liquido, have you found a workaround on this yet? I need to fix this as well. Can anyone help?

I need this fix as well. They enter code and get the message in checkout_payment.php(albeit in the error box) that the dedcution has successfully been processed. Problem is that they have to input their credit card information again. What gives? Shouldn't the redeem box be a stand alone module with no submit button?

I need some help please.

In the admin area under Discount Coupons when setting the coupon amount, it will not stay when viewing.

Here is an example after setting the coupon amount to $10.00

Coupon Name : gift voucher
Coupon Amount : $0.00
Coupon Minimum Order : $10.00
Start Date : 02/11/2006
End Date : 02/11/2007
Uses per Coupon : 1
Uses per Customer : 1
Valid Product List : NONE
Valid Categories List : NONE
Date Created : 02/11/2006
Date Modified : 02/13/2006

Can anyone tell me how to fix it so the coupon amount will stay and not go back to $0.00.

Thanks.

This is probably a stupid question, but where do I install the sql file?

i figured out that you need to use phpmyadmin, which i have installed, so how do i upload the file to it so it can be executed?

Edited by jakeklem

i figured out that you need to use phpmyadmin, which i have installed, so how do i upload the file to it so it can be executed?

On the far right of phpmyadim there is an import tab.

or open the sql file inside notepad and copy it then paste it into the phpMyAdmin page marked SQL and press go.

if this is your first contribution you are installing i would advise against this gift voucher contribution, unless you have about a week to throw yourself into a mess of problems that are sometimes your own fault, othertimes bugs, and the rest of the time simple on off settings. <_<

problems i'm still having

/admin/gv_mail.php - Send Gift Voucher To Customers

i click send mail when I fill in form get a blank page? why?

/admin/coupon_admin.php?page=1&cID=5&action=new - create a new coupon

start and end date don't load up so don't get a full page but when i remove the following code

<?php echo tep_draw_date_selector('coupon_startdate', mktime(0,0,0, $coupon_startdate[1], $coupon_startdate[2], $coupon_startdate[0], 0)); ?>

<?php echo tep_draw_date_selector('coupon_finishdate', mktime(0,0,0, $coupon_finishdate[1], $coupon_finishdate[2], $coupon_finishdate[0], 0)); ?>

then the whole page loads up including the preview and cancel buttons - so where am i going wrong?

still need help can anyone help me out here

I'm letting everybody know that there is a problem with the gift voucher system and the paypal IPN module which is included with the gift voucher system.

(1) When a gift voucher is added to your cart and you reach the confirmation screen, if you have chosen the PayPal option your gift voucher gets added to your account before you pay for it. (this only happens when using pay pal (Credit/Debit) which is included with the GV contribution, if another payment option is used it does not happen). and once the payment is completed your voucher gets added again.

this is because the pay pal (Credit Card/Debit) module stores the order prematurely in the orderstable before the payment is processed and then is re added as changes are made or the payment is processed, then the administrator needs to delete the non completed orders. This is fine because it allows you to check on people who reach the confirmation screen but don't make purchases, however it is stuffing up the GV system. please somebody fix this.

Summary: i can add gift vouchers without paying for them.

(2) When you have a gift voucher worth $50 and you purchase an item worth less, then continue to the checkout and do not choose to use the gift voucher option but instead choose to pay for it using pay pal, then when you reach pay pal you press the back button before entering you information, and once you get back to the store you press continue again. Your payment is then processed, without going back to pay pal and without the amount being deducted from the gift voucher.

Summary: i can continue to make purchases without paying for them.

If anybody can prove me wrong please do, if you have installed this module and don't have the problem i do, then post a reply. I've installed this 3 times and get the same results each time.

If anybody has the same problem i do then please post a reply to show your support.

I'm using the latest osCommerce2.2 and CCGV5.16

still need help can anyone help me out here

check your email options in the admin SMTP or Send Mail

also

check other email functions in your store, can you send a contact us email?

also

make sure your email addresses in the configuration screen are "[email protected]" not "myName <[email protected]>"

then if that doesn't work:

i know it sucks, but download a fresh copy of osCommerce 2.2 and CCGV follow the instructions again and write down your steps. this fixed most of my problems, and you get fast at it once youve done it a few times.

if you need to intergrate it with an already modded store, still install it on a fresh osCommerce2.2 store first so you know it works, then try and merge it. (use a compare/merge program like beyond compare)

:thumbsup:

On the far right of phpmyadim there is an import tab.

or open the sql file inside notepad and copy it then paste it into the phpMyAdmin page marked SQL and press go.

if this is your first contribution you are installing i would advise against this gift voucher contribution, unless you have about a week to throw yourself into a mess of problems that are sometimes your own fault, othertimes bugs, and the rest of the time simple on off settings. <_<

YAY! it seems to have worked ...so far... This isnt my first contribution to install and I do infact have a week to fix bugs/problems!

Thanks a ton man

Hi all!

I've got this installed and nicely running, but have a couple quick questions now that it is.

Has anyone done a quick way to automatically insert the redeem/discount code for logged in users, so it doesn't need to be typed in during the checkout process?

Has anyone done the above, but replaced the redeem/discount code with XXXXs so it can be used, but not displayed? Limits the sharing of longer term % discounts. =)

Anyone done a quick way of using discount coupons automatically, without clicking the redeem button?

Any help, thoughts, pointers is much appreciated.

Best,

-C

I'm letting everybody know that there is a problem with the gift voucher system and the paypal IPN module....

Would that be the cause of getting this...

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_TEXT

MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_DESCRIPTION MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPAL_CC_URL_TEXT

...in the payment box under Paypal on the payment info page of check out?

I asked the same question under the new topic "CCGV Discount Coupon Redemption Difficulty" today, 2/12/06. As yet I have not received a reply. You should probably follow this topic also in case someone replies to it. I'll try to watch both. Please let me know if you find a solution. I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem.

do a search i think that problem has already been answered

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?act..._PAYPAL_CC_TEXT

and no the pay pal module i'm talking about is not the one included with osCommerce but the new one that is included with the latest version of CCGV5.16

If anybody can prove me wrong please do, if you have installed this module and don't have the problem i do, then post a reply. I've installed this 3 times and get the same results each time.

If anybody has the same problem i do then please post a reply to show your support.

I too have this problem. I see which module you are talking about now.

fixed this issue by installing both discount coupons and gift vouchers in admin:

modules->Order Total

:) thanks for the help!

I need some help please.

In the admin area under Discount Coupons when setting the coupon amount, it will not stay when viewing.

Can anyone tell me how to fix it so the coupon amount will stay and not go back to $0.00.

Thanks.

Bump .. I really need help if anyone can help me with this. Thanks.

I need some help please.

Thanks.

One thing that doesn't show above in your setttings is whether you checked Free Shipping. I have found that you can't have both an amount or percentage and Free Shipping. I have a situation where I would definitely need both, ie. In Store purchases for friends and family. If this is your situation maybe someone can help us both.

One thing that doesn't show above in your setttings is whether you checked Free Shipping. I have found that you can't have both an amount or percentage and Free Shipping. I have a situation where I would definitely need both, ie. In Store purchases for friends and family. If this is your situation maybe someone can help us both.

This is a note on the side of the coupon edit screen:

The coupon gives free shipping on an order. Note. This overrides the coupon_amount figure but respects the minimum order value

and looking at the database there is a coupon type field which denotes how to handle the coupon amount, so somebody would need to change the database structure to get this working.

However, i did change the settings in the coupon admin and watch the changes in phpmyadmin and these were the finding.

coupon type of s means free shipping

coupon type of p means discount percentage and uses the coupon_amount field to get the percentage

coupon type of f means um full amount? and uses the coupon_amount field to get the full discount amount

so when i edited the database through phpmyadmin so the coupon_type was S for free shipping and the coupon_amount was 10 for a $10 or 10% discount. And i tried to make a purchase it gave me a free shipping + $10 discount at the same time.

This is a complete hack, as soon as you try to view it in the coupon admin it will get overwritten but hey its doing something it was never designed to do.

now how about you guys help me out and look at my post above for the paypal module error, please read it carefully as the error only happens in specific situations.

Bump .. I really need help if anyone can help me with this. Thanks.

also, you sould open phpMyAdmin and watch the coupon table as you are looking at these things on your screen, you will notice the values you see are not the values listed in your database, as i've got the same issue for some reason when you edit a coupon and preview the settings they somehow get lost and mixed up. don't worry the coupon itself doesn't actually change unless you press confirm, so just make sure the settings are correct when you press confirm. Sorry i'm not a programmer so i don't know how to fix this, i've just learnt enought to bug test by playing around with things like this.

when in doubt check the database

also are you getting the same problem i'm getting with pay pal (credit/debit) module included with the latest CCGV5.16

I also discovered another problem I am having. When a customer selects PayPal (Credit Card / Debit) and there is tax, the tax is excluded when the amount is sent to paypal. Here is an example:

OSC order confirmation page:

Sub-Total: $40.00

United Parcel Service (1 x 3lbs) (Ground): $7.64

TAX 7.0%: $2.80

Total: $50.44

Sent to paypal checkout:

Amount: $40.00 USD

Shipping & Handling: $7.64 USD

Total Amount: $47.64 USD

Its seems as if the "Total" is not being sent, but it sends the "sub-total" and "shipping" seperately, which excludes any taxes.

Does this happen with anyone else? Any ideas how to fix this?

Edited by jakeklem