• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

hi,

when i have a gift voucher in my account, and i buy an item that is more expensive then the amount of my voucher, there is no calculation off the amount i still have to pay (ordertotal - voucher amount).

What can i do about that?

other question: what is the payment module ccerr.php for?

Can anyone answer these?

thanks!

Matthias Thoen

my contribution: Photo Gallery for osCommerce

--check my homepage in my CARD--

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Dont use 5.15a as it has some problems. I started over and redid the updates to 5.15 and included some new updates as well and all seems to be working fine now. I uploaded it but not sure why it has not been added to the contribution section yet....

so here is a link to download it.

landandhomes4sale <dot> com/download <dot> <htm>

Sorry if this is a violation of the rules but I wanted to go ahead and make it available......

Please let me know if you find any errors in the files

Thanks

ok, so i downloaded shanejackson's 5.15a, installed it, and added the lines as required per the install instructions. the sql file has been added to the db via myphpadmin. everything works good.

i enter a coupon "test" for 15% discount, for a certain product. i enable coupons and gift vouchers, put them above total in the order total module.

i then create a test account, select the product, and proceed to checkout. i select my shipping method and click continue. i then get a blank white page, on checkout_payment.php.

i change the coupon, so there is no valid product, and even selected another product in the store, and it does the same thing.

it also does this when i disable coupons and gift vouchers

what's wrong?

Hey Phil,

The only time I have experienced a complete white blank screen is when I accidentally upload the same named language php file to the /catalog folder.

Example of my past error causing a complete blank white screen:

/catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_confirmation.php is accidentally copied to /catalog/checkout_payment.php

I have done this a couple of times even if I am meticulous about trying not to (unfortunately). Anyway, this might be your problem and if so, just upload the correct file and overwrite /catalog/checkout_confirmation.php. Hope this helps.

Joe

Hi there, maybe you're willing and able to help me....

1) I still have a problem when cart total is less than Voucher amount.

The final costs on the checkout_confirmation page show up right now in these cases but.. the value passed tot paypal is zero! (i use paypal.php) where there still is something to pay for (shipping and taxes e.g), the ordere total is calculated correctly and reflects the remaining costs but paypal receives an amount of ? 0,-

In other cases where the cart total is more than the GV balance everything is fine and paypal receives the correct value.

2) The GV balance is subtracted from the productprice (excl. shipping and tax) where there is still some balance on the GV account! Is this meant to be this way?

Thnx,

Sokos.

For the "Cart Total Less Than Voucher Amount" error:

Instead of modifying the checkout_confirmation.php, I did a fix in the pre_confirmation_check() "function" of the payment.php "class" instead:

function pre_confirmation_check() {

// global $credit_covers, $payment_modules; //ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher System

// *** Add the $cot_gv global variable.

global $credit_covers, $cot_gv, $payment_modules; //ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher System

if (is_array($this->modules)) {

if (is_object($GLOBALS[$this->selected_module]) && ($GLOBALS[$this->selected_module]->enabled) ) {

// if ($credit_covers) { // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher System

// *** Add the conditional check to execute the else condition if the apply gift voucher box isn't checked

if ($credit_covers && $cot_gv) { // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher System

$GLOBALS[$this->selected_module]->enabled = false; //ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher System

$GLOBALS[$this->selected_module] = NULL; //ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher System

$payment_modules = ''; //ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher System

} else { //ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher System

$GLOBALS[$this->selected_module]->pre_confirmation_check();

}

}

}

} //ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher System

:thumbsup:

Ok now you can download it in 2 parts in the contribution section.

shanejackson,

Can you list the actual file changes you made from 5.15a to 5.15a1? I spent a few hours making all changes for 5.15a and now i would have to go bakc file by file again.

Register_globals?

Hi,

Is there a problem with register_globals and the CCGV contributions? I've tried two different versions and I end up with the same problem. After a clean install osC 2.2 and CCGV 5.10c and 5.15 I've encountered the

same problem in checkout_payment when ticking for using the gift voucher balance. At first try nothing is deducted in the order total box in checkout_confirmation, but if I click back in the browser and try again it appears :blink: This is really annoying. Please if anyone have any clue about what's happening send me PM or answer this post...

I had to install the v1.3 of register_globals patch to get osC installed on my site. Anyone else with similar problems? I'm close to giving up installing this contrib, but I've installed it successfully before (not register_globals problem then..) and it's a really nice contrib when it works :rolleyes:

Cheers,

Anouar

Hello here is my problem.

Now this is the amount of the discount that is saved in the dababase, and I need that also

that the rate could be saved in the dabase.

For example, if somebody has a discount of 10% on 120 ?, the discount amount is 12 ?

I need to be saved in the database, the amount like now ,it do 12 ? , but I need also to have to be saved the 10 of the rate of discount.

How could I do ?

I hope you will understand, I'm french ;)

Sincerely,

No?l

Nobody has an idea ;(

This new update v5.15a1 seems to stil have anumebr of bugs.

1. If using % coupon that incldues shipping amount, when same coupon is redeemed more than 1 time, the 'coupon redeemed' meesage calculates the wrong amount. For more detail, go to:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=772893

2. TEXT_ENTER_GV_CODE error. Also see the above thread for reason and answer.

3. The 5.15a1 contribution does not include the CGV JONYO changes in the checkout_payment.php because it seems to give an error.

Here's a thread on this.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=772613

Should this 'fix' be disregarded?

4. The changes to catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php in the 5.15a release are not inlcuding in the 5.15a1 release but need to be.

Hey Phil,

The only time I have experienced a complete white blank screen is when I accidentally upload the same named language php file to the /catalog folder.

/catalog/includes/languages/english/checkout_confirmation.php is accidentally copied to /catalog/checkout_payment.php

I have done this a couple of times even if I am meticulous about trying not to (unfortunately). Anyway, this might be your problem and if so, just upload the correct file and overwrite /catalog/checkout_confirmation.php. Hope this helps.

Joe

Hi Joe

There are many OSC files that have the same name, so maybe all of the OSC files should have their location included in their header.

When the same thing happened to me, I had a look at the source and the correct info seemed to be there.

Hi,

Sorry if this had been answered before but i have spent days reading through this forum trying to get things sorted.

After having all sorts of problems with this contrib I started with a fresh install of osC and installed only the latest version of this contrib (5.15a1) but it still doesn't work.

I only really need the coupon part (at the moment anyway).

I installed it using the easy install (since i had a fresh osc install)

now when i use a coupon it is correctly applied but I need to get around the payment options problem - that is that a customer enters their credit card details, enters the coupon code, clicks redeem - this applies the discount but then wipes the details and they have to re-enter the credit card details again!! The same happens if you enter payment details and a coupon code but click continue not redeem - it redeems coupon but wipes payment details which have to be entered again.

Has anyone come up with a solution for this?

Thanks.

PS - i have also done an install of zen cart to play with - this has the coupons/gift vouchers per-installed a works without any problems but i'd rather stick with osC - i personally prefer it and it's better supported by you guys.

This new update v5.15a1 seems to stil have anumebr of bugs.

1. If using % coupon that incldues shipping amount, when same coupon is redeemed more than 1 time, the 'coupon redeemed' meesage calculates the wrong amount. For more detail, go to:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=772893

2. TEXT_ENTER_GV_CODE error. Also see the above thread for reason and answer.

3. The 5.15a1 contribution does not include the CGV JONYO changes in the checkout_payment.php because it seems to give an error.

Here's a thread on this.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...ndpost&p=772613

Should this 'fix' be disregarded?

4. The changes to catalog\admin\includes\functions\general.php in the 5.15a release are not inlcuding in the 5.15a1 release but need to be.

Problems 1 and 2 must be tied to something else as I am not having the problem (yet??) I am no coder so I am not sure.... All I did was compile everything to try and make it easier for someone new..........

#3 Instead of using JONYO's fix I used clustersolutions fix (look at page 169)

#4 general.php files are not needed in a fresh install if you use 5.15a1. In 5.15 the general.php files had the ccgv code as well as the add_ccgvdc_english.php which caused an error - only needed to be in one of the 2 places. 5.15a was in the general.php file as apposed to the add_ccgvdc_english.php and then I realized that was stupid so I put it back in the add_ccgvdc_english.php and took out the general.php file all togather......

I've spent the past few hour searching but can't find an answer to my quesion:

Has anyone got this working with the Linkpoint CC Payment Gateway? I see that several folks have the issue with the subtotal, shipping and total not adding up, and I'm having the same problem.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

John Skurka

I am so happy!!

5.15a1 is, so far, the best version.

It only took slightly over 1 hour to install the new 5.15a1. (compared to over 40 hours of fussing with 2 previous versions that never were functional)

I spent nearly 2 hours testing all possible situations... and everything that I need is working!

ShaneJackson, thanks for the help and for putting together a functional package.

On aside, the new customer's Welcome Email still shows a message about a gift voucher and a discount code (but no code appears regardless of whether or not I enter an amount or a zero in the configuration section).

And, Gift vouchers cannot be issued because they can only be entered once and it takes 2 attempts to redeem anything... and on the second attempt the cart thinks that it was all ready redeemed although the value has never been credited. (My fix for this is - don't send GVs, send Discount Coupons because they can be set to allow the customer to enter it twice and be able to make it all the way through the check-out section.

Anyway, there are still a couple of the same bugs that existed for years... but all other little errors are gone and I didn't have to go back and correct a dozen pages.

Kym - doing a happy dance

Hey Phil,

Joe

Joe, i tried your suggestion, and it still does not work.

the way i uploaded the files, was made a complete copy of the unzipped files. i matched directories between my ftp and local folder. i slelected each file for that folder from local, and uploaded. once loaded, i deleted them.

i might try to do another stock store, and redownload the files again, and try it again tomorrow.

Geez.

Things really went to hell in a handbasket with this.

We need to take a step back and add relevant changes to a working version.

I'm one of the guys that was working hard on a good repack for this, and now I'm back in the game (finally).

This is what I suggest for us to fix this incredibly jumbled mess of a contribution:

I will finish up my extensive documentation of all the changes between version to version lately, and upload a *working* install based on 5.13 with hand picked fixes since 5.13.

Anybody willing to test it can help me decide what's still broken, and then we'll come up with the right fixes for the problems we still have. I noticed several "solutions" lately that might cause some serious harm to the checkout process.

I was already aware of several bugs that were present in 5.14. And many have not been addressed by 5.15. In addition, as many have commented, 5.15 introduces more bugs.

Be patient, and we'll turn this mess into a rock stable release with cool new features.

Please, nobody get offended. I am not discrediting any of your hard work. In fact, I would appreciate personal messages from any of you who wish to help code and test (Shanejackson,etc).

This is the way I see things progressing:

1. Fix order process

- including annoying reentry of credit info after applying coupon

2. Add extra admin interface functionality

3. Distribute language packs with images alongside CCGV

4. Look at other payment modules compatability(PayPal has known problems that seem to have been fixed in a couple of forgotten releases)

5. ?

We will all benefit by working together on this. Even those of you who are posting that you are waiting for a fix because you don't know how to code can still help.

For instance, you can play with photoshop to make images...

If you have ftp access and extra room for another database, then you can help by letting us install a test osC + CCGV install on it.

That would be greatly appreciated, as currently I do not have room to do such on my servers.

More news to come in several hours. In the meantime I will be working on what I said I would.

molafish,

Great! I am glad that I read this before attempting to install the contribution. I have some bad experience installing problematic incomplete contributions, thus now I have learnt to study the forum discussion before installing...

I hope a working release will be upload soon...Thanks!

Best regards,

Koh Kho King

Joe, i tried your suggestion, and it still does not work.

the way i uploaded the files, was made a complete copy of the unzipped files. i matched directories between my ftp and local folder. i slelected each file for that folder from local, and uploaded. once loaded, i deleted them.

i might try to do another stock store, and redownload the files again, and try it again tomorrow.

Are you using 5.15a?? If so it is an error in the files. You need to use 5.15a1 instead.....

Geez.

Things really went to hell in a handbasket with this.

We need to take a step back and add relevant changes to a working version.

I'm one of the guys that was working hard on a good repack for this, and now I'm back in the game (finally).

This is what I suggest for us to fix this incredibly jumbled mess of a contribution:

I will finish up my extensive documentation of all the changes between version to version lately, and upload a *working* install based on 5.13 with hand picked fixes since 5.13.

Anybody willing to test it can help me decide what's still broken, and then we'll come up with the right fixes for the problems we still have. I noticed several "solutions" lately that might cause some serious harm to the checkout process.

I was already aware of several bugs that were present in 5.14. And many have not been addressed by 5.15. In addition, as many have commented, 5.15 introduces more bugs.

Be patient, and we'll turn this mess into a rock stable release with cool new features.

Please, nobody get offended. I am not discrediting any of your hard work. In fact, I would appreciate personal messages from any of you who wish to help code and test (Shanejackson,etc).

This is the way I see things progressing:

1. Fix order process

- including annoying reentry of credit info after applying coupon

2. Add extra admin interface functionality

3. Distribute language packs with images alongside CCGV

4. Look at other payment modules compatability(PayPal has known problems that seem to have been fixed in a couple of forgotten releases)

5. ?

We will all benefit by working together on this. Even those of you who are posting that you are waiting for a fix because you don't know how to code can still help.

For instance, you can play with photoshop to make images...

If you have ftp access and extra room for another database, then you can help by letting us install a test osC + CCGV install on it.

That would be greatly appreciated, as currently I do not have room to do such on my servers.

More news to come in several hours. In the meantime I will be working on what I said I would.

oops

Edited by shanejackson

I have had this contribution setup for weeks with no issues using voucher system. I am now attempting to utilize the coupons and all is smooth except for "Standard Tax Re-Calculation". The credit voucher works, but is not what I need. Is there a way to test where the problem is?

Sort Order:

Discount Coupons 15

Gift Vouchers 10

Shipping 5

Sub-Total 1

Tax 20

Total 800

Order Total Setup:

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Include Shipping

false

Include Tax

false

Re-calculate Tax

Standard

Tax Class

--none--

Can I print_r an array to see if it is missing the recalculate settting?

ok, it works now...woo hoo

there is just one thing i might suggest. in the /catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php

the original instructions say to add this line to the end

require(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'gv_admin.php');  // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Addittion

however, it is already there, and the file with 5.15a1 has this line in there, so the CCGV menu shows up twice

i'm getting this error, and i have not seen any code that actually fixes it. some people says that it works, but it does not work for me.

Congratulations, you have redeemed <BR>***HOWEVER:No reducion available, please see the coupon restrictions***

i'm getting this error, and i have not seen any code that actually fixes it. some people says that it works, but it does not work for me.

Congratulations, you have redeemed <BR>***HOWEVER:No reducion available, please see the coupon restrictions***

ive got the same problem..i tried several fixes people have posted and none worked :\

ive got the same problem..i tried several fixes people have posted and none worked :\

and i just realized the problem also occurs with gift vouchers, and not just coupons. I need to go back and recheck the voucher checkbox and only on the 2nd attempt will the voucher work. So both gift and coupons need 2 attempts.. :|