• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Shootpaint,

I hope you did a manual install and not the drag and drop because if so at a guess you have just missed something in the catalog\includes\boxes\shopping_cart.php since the coupon code is there which you can check by going to the next page and paypal, they both have the discount applied.

HTH

Si.

I choose the COD payment option and then finalized the order. At the end of the payment page it has the coupon shown but it is not discounted.

I have another question, in reguards to the 5.14 Jessman easy install.

I had this version working previously but there was a server crash. When the backups were loaded the CCGV no longer worked.

I then decided to DL OSC 2.2MS2 from the OSC site. Once I dl'd this and installed it to my server I zipped up the folders dl'd it to my PC and tried to apply the 5.14 patch but it comes up with several errors saying they are wrong files.

I noticed that the DL I have currently is a newer version that I originally DL'd but no longer have. Have there been some minor changes to OSC 2.2MS2 in the last couple of months that no longer allow the 5.14 easy install to work with a fresh install of OSC 2.2MS2???

Sorry for the double post.

Here is a finalized order from the shop. I agree the coupon shows up but it isnt not deducted from teh total price.

Products Model Tax Price (ex) Price (inc) Total (ex) Total (inc)

1 x Custom Products ProBarrel Complete kit.

- Base color: 4 mb

- Finish: Gloss

- Tip Color: 8 mb CPPROBRLcmpk 0% $260.00 $260.00 $260.00 $260.00

Sub-Total: $260.00

Flat Rate (Best Way): $5.00

Total: $265.00

Discount Coupons:20: -$20.00

In the previous version I had working, Jessman 5.14 easy install, the discount was taken off of the total cost unlike the above.

I am simply wanting to change the location of the coupon so the calculated total will include the discount instead of simply showing the discount at the bottom of the price.

For example

Products Model Tax Price (ex) Price (inc) Total (ex) Total (inc)

1 x Custom Products ProBarrel Complete kit.

- Base color: 4 mb

- Finish: Gloss

- Tip Color: 8 mb CPPROBRLcmpk 0% $260.00 $260.00 $260.00 $260.00

Sub-Total: $260.00

Flat Rate (Best Way): $5.00

Discount Coupons:20: -$20.00

Total: $245.00

This would be my disired output instead of the first way shown.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Si

i just noticed a bug in your super-fantastic contribution for the ccgv checkout payment

if the total final payment is less than the gift voucherrt balance then it affects the final payment confirmation page because even if nochex/paypal are selected it just bypasses them and confirms a non-existent payment and confirms the order

if the final order including shipping is greater than the gift voucher balance then it works fine, no matter what method of payment is used.

it is possible that the fault lay with my coding, if so i can PM it to you or post it here but if you or anyone else that has installed this add-on please check it out for yourselves first then i shall we shall all know.

if possible can you please place an order on your website that has a final grand total value LESS than whatever your gift voucher balance is......

...... then use paypal on checkout and do NOT use the voucher balance. What happens when you confirm the order? does it take you to the paypal payment page or just confirm the order there and then even though paypal was selected?

looking forward to your reply

thanks

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Hi Si

i just noticed a bug in your super-fantastic contribution for the ccgv checkout payment

if the total final payment is less than the gift voucherrt balance then it affects the final payment confirmation page because even if nochex/paypal are selected it just bypasses them and confirms a non-existent payment and confirms the order

if the final order including shipping is greater than the gift voucher balance then it works fine, no matter what method of payment is used.

it is possible that the fault lay with my coding, if so i can PM it to you or post it here but if you or anyone else that has installed this add-on please check it out for yourselves first then i shall we shall all know.

if possible can you please place an order on your website that has a final grand total value LESS than whatever your gift voucher balance is......

...... then use paypal on checkout and do NOT use the voucher balance. What happens when you confirm the order? does it take you to the paypal payment page or just confirm the order there and then even though paypal was selected?

looking forward to your reply

thanks

No its not your coding, its the same issue that I'm having. I'm looking into the payment module, but I'm not sure I have a final answer yet. It's a weird bug, but should be fairly easy to trace. Hopefully I can get an answer for us all, unless someone else gets it first.........

:-"

I want to add CCGV on my site. I'm so confused which file I should download 1st?

I tried the "Use this to easily install CCGV 5.14" there is a EXE file. However, I'm using Mac. It is no use for me.

Cheers

I want to add CCGV on my site. I'm so confused which file I should download 1st?

I tried the "Use this to easily install CCGV 5.14" there is a EXE file. However, I'm using Mac. It is no use for me.

Cheers

The executable is to patch and repair a vanilla install. Use the 5.14 contrib, it works well

Use the one that is described:

Since the last 2 upgrade haven't been added, here is an update for ya'll labeled as CCGV 5.14, no major updated, but 5.13 was getting a little outdated.

This is the FULL PACKAGE and included the PayPal fix and brettsg's 4 fixes. I don't take no credit for this, just re-packaged and included all of the replaced files for everybody to have the updated version.

Enjoy!

You'll need to add the redeem coupon fix after the fact

Chris

Sorry all I have asked for the mods to pull the 5.13 contribution since there are troubles. It was supposed to be a stop gap until there is a new full version with everything but it has cause yet more problems. >_<

On top of that our estate is having power issues ; we keep loosing power for 1-3 hours at a time and they are due to dig our road up tomorrow to have a look OH JOY! :angry:

So support may be a bit erratic

Si.

No its not your coding, its the same issue that I'm having. I'm looking into the payment module, but I'm not sure I have a final answer yet. It's a weird bug, but should be fairly easy to trace. Hopefully I can get an answer for us all, unless someone else gets it first.........

:-"

thanks kittmaster

the contribution is a good one.. it makes the payment page look so much better and customer friendly

i hope you or someone else can sort it out because i can't find a solution!

thanks

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

I have this contribution installed and no matter WHAT i do - it wont deduct the coupon amount from the order total. I have it set correctly in admin order total to show:

1. Subtotal

9. Coupons

740. GV

900. Total

It shows the coupon in the shopping cat box and yet for the life of me it just wont deduct it from the order total.

Anyone please?

I am running 5.10 after giving up on the 5.14 loop of redemption hell.

$gv_email .= EMAIL_GV_LINK . ' ' . "<a HREF='" . 
  tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_REDEEM, 'gv_no=' . $id1,'NONSSL',false) . "'>" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_REDEEM, 'gv_no=' . $id1,'NONSSL',false) . "</a>\n" .

In gv_send.php, used this code, I received an mail with click link. however, I got an email as the following

Avitt Shopping Mall

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations, You have received a Gift Certificate worth HK$10.00

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Gift Certificate has been sent to you by vicky suen

With a message saying

Hi, avitt

test mail

To redeem this Gift Certificate, please click on the link below. Please also write down the redemption code which is cf67013951. In case you have problems.

To redeem please click http://avitt.com/shopping/gv_redeem.php?gv_no=cf67013951

Avitt Shopping Mall

Congratulations, You have received a Gift Certificate worth HK$10.00

This Gift Certificate has been sent to you by vicky suen

With a message saying

Hi, avitt

test mail

To redeem this Gift Certificate, please click on the link below. Please also write down the redemption code which is cf67013951. In case you have problems.

Partially double

PLEASE HELP ME!!

I installed the package according to the instructions but now my front page says this:

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_group_id' in 'where clause'

select specials_new_products_price from specials where products_id = '1405' and status and customers_group_id = '0'

[TEP STOP]

And when I go to my customers via Admin it show this:

1146 - Table 'paperc_paperc_newoscomm.customers_groups' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from customers c left join address_book a on c.customers_id = a.customers_id and c.customers_default_address_id = a.address_book_id left join customers_groups cg on c.customers_group_id = cg.customers_group_id

[TEP STOP]

PLEASE HELP ME - My client is going to kill me and I dont want to die I am to young (and apperntly stupid)

Just for clarity I installed the NEW separate pricing per customer

Pixy

One day at a time - we all have to learn

The executable is to patch and repair a vanilla install........

I have an ms2 that is populated and the only change in it is that the right column has been removed, can i use the "Use this to easily install CCGV 5.14" still to add the CCGV?

I have 2 sites that are using the CCGV, i am having 2 small problems with them

SITE 1: Coupon code is being accepted during checkout, but not applying discount

SITE 2: When attempting to send a gift voucher via admin tools, it is not sending it out and comes up with an error.

any thoughts???

I have an ms2 that is populated and the only change in it is that the right column has been removed, can i use the "Use this to easily install CCGV 5.14" still to add the CCGV?

I have 2 sites that are using the CCGV, i am having 2 small problems with them

SITE 1: Coupon code is being accepted during checkout, but not applying discount

SITE 2: When attempting to send a gift voucher via admin tools, it is not sending it out and comes up with an error.

any thoughts???

to your first question about the MS2 populated right column missing, i think the answer is yes

Site 1: this may happen for a variety of reasons from DB to checkout

Site 2: again, could be DB.

if i were you i would tackle Site 1 because of the handful of reasons it may not work properly, it seems to be from coding not DB

CHOOCH

vincenzo,

search back a few pages someone else was having this problem and Im sure he found and posted the solution.

Pixy,

I’m not even sure this is the correct forum for this is it??? Is so which mod and version did you install as it looks like maybe something else crept into the code.

tec,

my learned friend chooch is right it will fit but don’t forget to take a copy of the site BEFORE you install . You will need to then check which files clash and reapply any mods which if I remember is none as its just the file catalog\includes\column_right.php.

site1: another thought for the discount problem is to check in your admin the order total modules sequence is correct

site2: you need to post the exact error. Can you send out emails from the std admin email section? Are you sure you have the ccgv filenames included correctly in admin? And as cooch says check your sql was applied correctly in the db for the admin section.

HTH

Si.

Edited by scranmer

glad to see you up and running after the power failure probs :-)

now that you are back, any chance you could please help out on my post number 3154?

i know kittmaster is looking in to a solution for this too

many thanks

CHOOCH

I have come across a problem to try and resolve. I use this great contrib. with my store and have a few codes in use and everything works perfectly.

I have discounts given on separate categories due to our regular price layout which we stay consistent with online and in our store. When items from different categories are ordered only one code per order can be used. I have searched the topic and found an entry that states, to the effect, that more than one code can not be entered by design. So... by an altered design this might be possible?

What I need to know is how it may be possible to add another text box for a second or third discount code, and have them process correctly. I know how to add the text boxes, but after that I'm not sure how to implicate this properly, it seems a little tricky. However, given the complexity of this contrib. already I know it must be possible. Please, any helpful tip in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

You may respond here or PM me for private discussion before public posting.

Thank you

James Tomasello

James Tomasello

$gv_email .= EMAIL_GV_LINK . ' ' . "<a HREF='" . 
  tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_REDEEM, 'gv_no=' . $id1,'NONSSL',false) . "'>" . 
  tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_REDEEM, 'gv_no=' . $id1,'NONSSL',false) . "</a>\n" . "\n\n";;

Finally I added the "\n\n";;" at the end it solve my problem

Chooch,

Not back fully yet :angry: they just lead me into a false sense of security this morning. Went down to complain and they have the whole road shut 4xvans, 1xlorry, 1xlarge digger and 10xmen there which is never a promising site. :(

Anyway I am only using my enhanced CC module for payment which is why I never seem to have many of these other problems. And since I?m not having this problem I would say it?s possibly within the catalog\includes\modules\payment or catalog\includes\classes\payment.php (since cc has its own class in here)

Sorry

Si.

After 2 hours of search......I still cannot find a solution.

Note: I'm have only the Coupon module installed in the Admin since I will not be using the Gift Vouchers function

Basically I have the 5.14 installed and everything seems to work smoothly until the checkout_payment.php page.

Here is the situation:

1. If someone enter the coupon code and press "redeem" it give the user a message saying it has been accepted and the I suppose the user needs to enter the Credit Card information. Once they enter the CC info the transaction will go smoothly. BUT

2. If someone DO NOT enter a coupon at all then simply enter the Credit Card information the checkout_payment.php will go to checkout_confirm.php - click continue - and then go back to checkout_payment.php and give the user a message saying: Approved but Please try again or sometimes it says the credit card information is invalid.

I disable the Coupon module and everything is back to normal without any credit card errors messages.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Chooch,

Not back fully yet :angry: they just lead me into a false sense of security this morning. Went down to complain and they have the whole road shut 4xvans, 1xlorry, 1xlarge digger and 10xmen there which is never a promising site. :(

Anyway I am only using my enhanced CC module for payment which is why I never seem to have many of these other problems. And since I?m not having this problem I would say it?s possibly within the catalog\includes\modules\payment or catalog\includes\classes\payment.php (since cc has its own class in here)

Sorry

Si.

no probs....

.. good luck

CHOOCH

Hi,

I would like some advice regarding VAT and discount coupons

I want the total payable to be the subtotal minus the value of the voucher and the tax to be in relation to te revised total (not the pre discount amount)

I have tried trial and error but im getting nowhere.

Any help on setting this up would be appreciated.

HEY, YOU! STOP, HELP!! lol. It seems this problem and those like it are being steadfastly ignored... ;)

seriously, though, i know theres a lot of questi/probli floating around, but ive seen 3 posts of this nature go unanswered. It seems like a bug(s) somewhere in the contrib, that might affect lots of people, especially those using other contribs [i use QBI and thats how I found the bug]. WORSE YET- this bug might create a situation where your totals are SOMETIMES wrong. It seems to me that order total, tax, and proper discount calculation/reporting issues are good things to think about when releasing new versions.

I have some mo

Include Shipping

false

Include Tax

true

Re-calculate Tax

Standard

Tax Class

--none--

this setting gives:

Sub-Total: $100.00

United Parcel Service (1 x 10.307lbs) (Ground): $11.75

Discount Coupons:FAM: -$21.45

Sales Tax: $5.80

Total: $97.55

the same settings with Include Tax = false:

Sub-Total: $100.00

United Parcel Service (1 x 9.9lbs) (Ground): $11.75

Discount Coupons:FAM: -$20.00

Sales Tax: $5.80

Total: $98.99

In the top scenario, "Sales Tax" is calculated, displayed, and even exported to quickbooks correctly [7.25% of subtotal minus discount IS, in fact, 5.80]. HOWEVER the discount actually used in the math must be the $20.00 discount it (that it doesnt display) -- when you do the math by hand, you get $96.10 instead of 97.55. Clearly there's something wrong here...

In the lower scenario, we actually do get 97.55... but unfortunately, thats not what it's reporting as a total!

Now back to my specific situation... I import sales to QB through the QBI contrib. It won't let any of these faulty transactions pass, which I guess is to it's merit. But somewhere, each line of the osC transaction is recorded...QBI uses this when it descrives the transaction in an iif file for import. The thing is: Discount Coupons are reported as negative amounts, same as real items [QB accounting is reverse of logical: the prices of items are negative, discounts and payments are positive, so the transaction should balance to zero]. Discount coupons should be listed as positive in...this...place....wherever it might be. So I would imagine that anyone trying to use both of these contribs will hit a hard stop when it comes to this point.

If there arent plans made to fix this one, maybe someone in the know could point me to where this order data is stored so that I might change this, hopefully without making osC think the discount is now positive too so it adds surcharges!

argh...lets lift one to the light at the end of the tunnel... may it appear soon and not be a train.

-allen

I would like to add CCVG to my already modded site. But have no clue what version to use. After reading all 159 pages of this thread I'm still lost as to which version to use.

So far from reading I'm guessing v5.14 the one with this description --

Credit Class and Gift Voucher 5.14 Baby Boy 22 Jul 2005

Since the last 2 upgrade haven't been added, here is an update for ya'll labeled as CCGV 5.14, no major updated, but 5.13 was getting a little outdated.

This is the FULL PACKAGE and included the PayPal fix and brettsg's 4 fixes. I don't take no credit for this, just re-packaged and included all of the replaced files for everybody to have the updated version.

Several posts have made mention to using this version noted above then using the patch from Jessman on Aug 7th. But since I have a modded version of OSC using PWA and WPP I'm afraid it won't work since it states later on in the contrib section it only works on a vanilla install of OSC..

Is it at all possible that some one could please point me into the right direction on which to use for the install?

Thanks So Much In Advance -- Mindy

FOUND AN INTERESTING BUG!

Ok, I have 5.14 installed, I sent myself a $210.00 voucher, I purchase a product for $49.95 and I DO NOT use the voucher for this purchase........unchecked, I use paypal IPN to check out..........the problem is it goes directly to the checkout_success page........never goes to paypal......> congrats order processed????????????

But, if I order something or quantity 4 X 49.95 (+shipping > greater than $210.00) which is MORE than the $210 voucher value while it is still unchecked, the entire order and correct amount goes to paypal for normal processing. And returns to checkout_success.php

I thought it was a coding or copy and paste error, but this is a very specific failure method.

I then USED the $210.00 voucher for something that cost more than $210 just to get rid of it and the difference was applied, the difference passed normally to paypal no problem.

I went BACK and repurchased a single $49.95 item with no voucher and it passed normally to paypal. So having a voucher balance without using it and purchasing something with shipping that does not exceed the voucher value causes the paypal IPN to malfunction.

Any ideas? Its on my beta site now and you can email me for an account for real time testing if needed. I'd like to get this resolved asap.

Any help or ideas??????????

Thanks

Chris

any joy on this one please?

CHOOCH

I'm using CCGV 5.14 with Download controller. Everything seems to be working ok, but how am I supposed to set my download status for Download Controller? Becuase if I set it to '1' to have downloads available immediately after purchase or using the gift coupon, people can get free downloads with the check or money order option before I have confirmed payment, and if I set it to '2' for default, the customers will not be able to download the track untill I have marked the status to delivered.

I have searched and searched for days for this answer but still no luck.

p.s. my payment options are paypal and check or money order.

I have one other question please.

I am a little confused about how this works. I am using ver. 5.14. I have it installed and everything is working fine. But I made a category with a Gift Voucher in my store, I set it up in the Coupon Admin pannel for 25.00. I made a gif file with the coupon code 123456 on it. I set it up as a downloadable product. So when someone purchases it, they download the gift certificate with the code 123456 on it. It works, but when they log in and put the code in to redeem, it doesn't subtract the amount of the gift certificate and show how much is left for them to use? Also, there isn't anywhere for them to email it to a friend. Is this how I'm supposed to be setting this up?

Just a little confused thanks.