The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon,

Thanks for your answer. I thought so too that it is my payment module (Linkpoint) creating such problem. Still can't find a resolution on this forum. I've tried to set the sort order that you've mentioned, but still nothing.

I've also tried to change checkout_process.php as described on that page but it didn't help either.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1629

I've no idea what to do now... :(

Thanks Simon,

I'm a wee bit stumped as to where to start in ot_coupon, as to how to debug it to see why it deducts only postage when I have the coupon limited to a certain product.

I have this contirb working in another store and it restricts to products with out a problem so I dont really know where to start.

If you can give any advice that would be appreciated, or if anyone else has seen this problem and resolved it please post how you did this.

Thanks,

Ally

Hey Amy,

is the product you're trying to discount a gift voucher itself?

I ran into this issue once. Sort of as a "feature," gift certs are not discountable. Otherwise people could basically buy money from your store at less than you paid for it, as many times as they want.

So, the result is that the discountable subtotal of your order is 0. If you also have it set to discount shipping as well [i believe, either thru the module config, OR thru your order total module order], then shipping is added to your discountable subtotal, which is then discounted in whatever way your coupon works... if its 10% then you get 10% of shipping.. if its a $5 off coupon and shipping was $4.80, then the discount is $4.80 as well [the contrib is too smart to let a discount be greater than the subtotal].

Hope this helps :)

-a.

Simon,

Thanks for your answer. I thought so too that it is my payment module (Linkpoint) creating such problem. Still can't find a resolution on this forum. I've tried to set the sort order that you've mentioned, but still nothing.

I've also tried to change checkout_process.php as described on that page but it didn't help either.

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1629

I've no idea what to do now... :(

I'm having an unrelated problem that might come from a related place...

I'm not having trouble with payment gateways, but instead, QBI quickbooks integration. It's telling me my transaction is out of balance, which it seems to me is basically what linkpoint is saying to you.

So I suggest that you start where I did -- make the same order, and when you get to the order total page, grab a calculator and add those values up in the order theyre spozed to go, and make sure you get the same total that osC says.

In my case, I found that there was a discrepency between the totals it gave and the totals I made on the calc even when I messed with the order of operations...and this only appears to be an issue when a coupon was redeemed during the course of the order. I THINK some funky rounding is to blame somewhere (in this module, i presume) but I don't klnow where.

If you check this, please let me know what results you have.

Si, or anyone else- any suggestions for the problem I'm describing?

Thanks,

allen

after doing a clean install of osCommerce a few more times and slowly adding one file at a time, then checking to see if the patient was still alive, i was able to narrow my problems down to a few of the changes listed in the "hand edits" section of the "install.html" document. specifically it is the following two files that misbehave after they've been changed according to directions:

catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php

and

catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php

if i leave them unedited my admin and catalog continue to work and i can even configure a discount coupon... unfortunately, perhaps as a result of these two files, a few persistent bugs appear throughout the catalog. the gift voucher FAQs don't link to anything, the footer seems to have gone on holiday, and the shopping cart box is populated with the following error...

"1146 - Table 'mysqljump978believe62.TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]"

i'm fixing to drink a few beers and have some dinner.

anyone see any clear answers here in light of these additional data points?

Edited by monsterofNone

"remember sparky, you can never have too much sugar."

i need some help using this.

I installed clean version of MS2.2, then overwrite files with this CCGV 5.14... I went to admin and added a coupon for all, $10.

Then i want to test this out... where can customer enter coupon code?... like... i check out -> payment option, i dont see any place to enter coupon code.

My test site: http://shop2.sabrinalingerie.com/

I am getting the following errors after a fresh install of Osc.

This is the error I recieve after entering the catalog.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/shootp/shootpaint.com/products/catalog/includes/functions/general.php:17) in /hsphere/local/home/shootp/shootpaint.com/products/catalog/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php on line 36

This is the error I recieve when trying to enter the admin console.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/shootp/shootpaint.com/products/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php:18) in /hsphere/local/home/shootp/shootpaint.com/products/catalog/admin/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php on line 25

I am trying to use the

Use this to easily install CCVG 5.14 Jessman 7 Aug 2005

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

store url

www.shootpaint.com/products/catalog

RollingStone,

JavaRoaster & I were doing this but we all have other commitments and this has slipped. Remind him and you may be able to be his first guineepig.

monsterofNone,

Not sure what version you are installing but that may be your problem. Application_top is the link that loads all of the base data, filename, db links etc and also to add_ccgvdc_application_top which holds all of the ccgv info which is why you are missing filenames and getting TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER instead of coupon_gv_customer.

monki,

read the notes on how to use. You have most likely not setup the admin order totals correctly. When it appears I would also add the ?Credit Class & Gift Voucher - checkout layout mod? by ckyshop.co.uk on 29 Aug 2005.

ShootPaint,

This has been answered many times before. Read back about 2/3 pages, you need to remove the ccgv functions from general (I think).

HTH

Si.

Simon

Couldn't get anything useful from Linkpoint so far. I'm afraid there aren't any logs...

Allen

I've added up all values and got exactly the same amount as shown in the total. It is definitely an issue only when I apply a discount coupon to a product. Moreover, even in this case everything works fine when I select check/money order payment option for testing.

Nikolai,

Instead of check/money order payment option try the std credit card processing module. As mentioned in an earlier post, I have noticed myself that within checkout_payment.php the vouchers (I think) value could be a net value depending on your ot sequence.

Si.

si,

I'm installing from "Credit Class and Gift Voucher 5.14". and have added "ccgv 5.14-fixes" as well as made the changes noted in "5.14 corrections."

in the latter there is a note that reads "As it says in the "fix for 5.14" file, both catalog/admin/includes/database_tables.php and catalog/includes/database_tables.php must be edited to include the new table definitions--this is not reflected in the install instructions."

For the life of me I can't find a reference to these two files in my "instal.html" doc.

Any advice on fixing my application_top.php and column_left.php files or finding what edits to make to the two files mentioned in the correction would be appreciated.

monki,

read the notes on how to use. You have most likely not setup the admin order totals correctly. When it appears I would also add the ?Credit Class & Gift Voucher - checkout layout mod? by ckyshop.co.uk on 29 Aug 2005.

Si.

It ma sound dumb but where is the user guide? I unzipped the package I only see install instructions I cannot find where I can read about how to use this.

Admin order totals -> do you mean setting up the coupon, or setting up the contribution?

Thanks a lot!!

Well I seem to have resolved all of my issues. Clearly, for anyone new to osCommerce contributions, this particular contribution is fraught with plenty of landmines. I recommend to anyone trying to get this mutha up and running (with less than a few days to explore this forum or read all of the posts under the contribution page) that they start by reading brian175's saga and follow his scheme for coming up with a useable install.

I'd also recommend that someone go through and package up a single set of files that correspond to the labyrnth he's blazed a trail through.

ShootPaint,

This has been answered many times before. Read back about 2/3 pages, you need to remove the ccgv functions from general (I think).

HTH

Si.

Thankyou for the general page to look for. I searched but had a listing of 100 plus threads and after reading for an hour had found nothing directly dealing with my issue.

Next questions is there a way to allow for multipal coupons???

I want to offer a free shipping coupon after the order reaches a given amount as well as special sales coupons to discount only certain products in the store.

I have both coupons working by themself but I cant enter more than one coupon. The store only uses the last coupon entered.

Thanks to anyone and everyone that maybe able to help.

Edited by ShootPaint

I just sold a gift voucher. Can someone please confirm the steps involved?

My understanding is:

1. Voucher is sold through shopping cart

2. Store admin releases the voucher purchased

3. Customer received an e-mail indicating coupon code

4. Customer can then log-on to their account and send the voucher code (and whatever amount they wish to send) to the recipient of the gift voucher.

5. Recipient shops on the website and enters redemption code at checkout. Corresponding amount is deducted from original purchaser's GV account.

Is this right?

I'm a wee bit stumped as to where to start in ot_coupon, as to how to debug it to see why it deducts only postage when I have the coupon limited to a certain product.

I have this contirb working in another store and it restricts to products with out a problem so I dont really know where to start.

---

Hey Amy,

is the product you're trying to discount a gift voucher itself?

I ran into this issue once. Sort of as a "feature," gift certs are not discountable. Otherwise people could basically buy money from your store at less than you paid for it, as many times as they want.

No its a real product, I tried disallowing another product just in case but it still just discounted the postage amount instead of taking ?5 off the sub total

Anyone any thoughts.

Thanks again

ally

(welp sorry I couldn?t help you guys more- now back to MY problem! ;)

I became aware of this problem while I was working on exporting orders to Quickbooks. On import, QB reported that the transaction was not in balance.

I hunted around and finally I found that there was a discrepency between the totals it gave and the totals I made on the calculator even when I messed with the order of operations...and this only appears to be an issue when a coupon was redeemed during the course of the order. I THINK some funky rounding is to blame somewhere (in this module, i presume) but I don't know where. Certianly, no matter what, the program should show the correct total or some total that makes sense given the other values...

Sub-Total: $10.00

United States Postal Service (1 x 0.363lbs) (First-Class Mail):

$2.77

Discount Coupons:DEBN473: -$1.00

Sales Tax: $0.65

Total: $12.50

(debn473 is a 10% off coupon. Sales tax here is 7.25%.)

And when I do this math, I get $12.42, not $12.50! (subtot -

disc) + tax-on-(subtot - disc) + shipping... (10-1) + .65 + 2.77 = 12.42 every time I do it.

Here's my module sort order.. tho I don?t think it should matter, since this -only- happens with discount coupons, and if I actually take ((subtotal+shipping)-discount) * tax[1.0725] I get 12.63.

Discount Coupons 760

Gift Vouchers 740

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 800

Total 900

Can anyone help me??

Thanks in advance-

allen

All,

I have another version of the install if some people would like to test it, but have all my mates around this weekend for the football and rugby so will not be around much to support you for another 24 hours. PM me if you would like to try it out.

Si.

All,

I have another version of the install if some people would like to test it, but have all my mates around this weekend for the football and rugby so will not be around much to support you for another 24 hours. PM me if you would like to try it out.

Si.

Si - is this a complete package or do we need to pull info/fixes/updates from any previous threads on this one?

Cheers

Steve

Si - is this a complete package or do we need to pull info/fixes/updates from any previous threads on this one?

Cheers

Steve

No it should will be a complete package. Anyone willing to try it will need to PM me an email address.

Si.

First off, this contribution is great.

My question is, has anyone come up with a way for the customers credit card info (ie- number & expire date) to be saved temporary perhaps using JAVA when the coupon is submited.

I have found that when the 'Redeem' button is pushed it refreshes the page and looses all the credit card info that the customer has inputed.

Is there no way around this?

Thanks in advance,

Nate

First off, this contribution is great.

My question is, has anyone come up with a way for the customers credit card info (ie- number & expire date) to be saved temporary perhaps using JAVA when the coupon is submited.

I have found that when the 'Redeem' button is pushed it refreshes the page and looses all the credit card info that the customer has inputed.

Is there no way around this?

Thanks in advance,

Nate

Nate,

Dont think anyone has looked into this, most people just changed the sequence around so that the redeem box is before the payment module. See the contribution for the checkout changes.

HTH

Si.

Hello,

I'm having some troubles with the correct settings of the tax in the order total settings.

Here's my problem:

Subtotal (incl. VAT): 4.50 EUR

Discount Coupon:xxxx: -0.90 EUR

VAT 19.6%: 0.74 EUR

Shipping: 6.00 EUR

Total: 9.60 EUR

The settings in the admin interface are:

Discount Coupon

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Include Shipping

false

Include Tax

true

Re-calculate Tax

None

Tax Class

Taxable Goods

But the VAT is calculated from the original price (4.50 EUR), instead of the discounted price.

If I change the re-calculate tax to this value: Re-calculate Tax Standard

Then I get this output in the order confirmation page:

Subtotal (incl. VAT): 4.50 EUR

Discount Coupon:xxxx: -0.90 EUR

VAT 19.6%: 0.59 EUR

Shipping: 6.00 EUR

Total: 9.45 EUR

The VAT is based on the correct discounted price, but the Total is to low, it subtracts 0.15 EUR of the discount coupon value from the total.

How must I change the module, so that correct VAT is displayed, but the total amount is calculated correctly (without subtracting the VAT from the discount coupon value)?

Thanks a lot for your answers.