• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

You could try to put some debugs in ot_coupon and find if the cc_id or which other fields it is thats is not set the first but then the second time, check the order total amount passed in is correct, then work back from there.

:blink: Over my head!

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Can you tell me if this is correct

I have added a free shipping voucher, and a 10% voucher, so one person who has both codes should be able to get both discounts.

however on checkout only the 1st redemption shows ... is it supposed to be like this, can it be made to be able to use both / multiple codes

thanks

Hi

Can you tell me if this is correct

I have added a free shipping voucher, and a 10% voucher, so one person who has both codes should be able to get both discounts.

however on checkout only the 1st redemption shows ... is it supposed to be like this, can it be made to be able to use both / multiple codes

thanks

No, you can only use one coupon-by design. You can-however, use both a coupon and a gift voucher.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

with the email I have done the following

Very simple, backup, backup, back up!

This replaces the non-clickable link in sent gift voucher/coupons to clickable. Much simpler for the receiver!

In catalog/gv_send.php replace (around line 81)

$gv_email .= EMAIL_GV_LINK . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_REDEEM, 'gv_no=' . $id1,'NONSSL',false);;

with

$gv_email .= EMAIL_GV_LINK . ' ' . "<a HREF='" .

tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_REDEEM, 'gv_no=' . $id1,'NONSSL',false) . "'>" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_REDEEM, 'gv_no=' . $id1,'NONSSL',false) . "</a>\n" .

but the email still turns out like this :

this is a test

The Gift Voucher is worth $5.00

To redeem this Gift Voucher, please click on the link below. Please also write down the

redemption code which is cfdbb4 in case you have any problems.

/gv_redeem.php?gv_no=cfdbb4

or visit / and enter the code during the checkout process

no link and no web address, am I missing something in the code?

yep thats all good I think

[/code]

if ($connection == 'NONSSL') {

$link = HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG;

} elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {

if (ENABLE_SSL == true) {

$link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG;

} else {

the mail is being sent just doesnt inlude my website address at the bottom and it doesnt have the begin of the address or the hyperlink

[quote name='scranmer' post='738209' date='Nov 11 2005, 03:58 AM']
Gamefuse,

Cant see anything wrong with this. I have not implimented this code as I have a clickable link from the original (maybe because Im using a recent version of outlook). Looking through the code it should work fine, the funtion tep_href_link (look in /includes/functions/html_output.php) will automaticaly put the rest of the link together on line 23,  so I would sugest you just check your variables 

HTTP_SERVER
DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG

just before the call and in the function. If these are empty I dont know why because they should be automaticaly imported from your configure.php
Si.
[/quote]

yep thats all good I think

if ($connection == 'NONSSL') {

} elseif ($connection == 'SSL') {

if (ENABLE_SSL == true) {

$link = HTTPS_SERVER . DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG;

} else {

the mail is being sent just doesnt inlude my website address at the bottom and it doesnt have the begin of the address or the hyperlink

Im sure my error lies within the following line on the catologue/gv_send.php

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['to_name'])) {
	  $gv_email .= sprintf(EMAIL_GV_SEND_TO, stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['to_name'])) . "\n\n";
	}
	$gv_email .= stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['message']) . "\n\n";
  } 
  $gv_email .= sprintf(EMAIL_GV_REDEEM, $id1) . "\n\n";
  $gv_email .= EMAIL_GV_LINK . ' ' . "<a HREF='" . 
tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_REDEEM, 'gv_no=' . $id1,'NONSSL',false) . "'>" . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_REDEEM, 'gv_no=' . $id1,'NONSSL',false) . "</a>\n" .
  $gv_email .= "\n\n";  
  $gv_email .= EMAIL_GV_FIXED_FOOTER . "\n\n";
  $gv_email .= EMAIL_GV_SHOP_FOOTER . "\n\n";;
  $gv_email_subject = sprintf(EMAIL_GV_TEXT_SUBJECT, stripslashes($HTTP_POST_VARS['send_name']));			 
  tep_mail('', $HTTP_POST_VARS['email'], $gv_email_subject, nl2br($gv_email), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, '');
}
 }
 $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE);

could someone post there lines 75--->90 of there gv_send so I can compare please. Thanks

I'm trying to fix the problem with having to enter a credit card number even though the coupon covers the cost. Is the file that I need to look at catalog/includes/classes/cc_validation.php? and if so I'm kinda lost as of what to put and where? I understand the checks to see if the information entered is numerical and if the expiration date is not expired.

Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to fix the problem with having to enter a credit card number even though the coupon covers the cost. Is the file that I need to look at catalog/includes/classes/cc_validation.php? and if so I'm kinda lost as of what to put and where? I understand the checks to see if the information entered is numerical and if the expiration date is not expired.

Thanks in advance.

Kristy,

I cannot be 100%sure if this will fix all your problems but try the following halfway through function validate

} elseif (ereg('^(3[0-9]{4}|2131|1800)[0-9]{11}$', $this->cc_number)) {

$this->cc_type = 'JCB';

if ( strtolower(MODULE_PAYMENT_CC_ACCEPT_ORIG_JCB) != 'true' ) return -5;

} else {

//

//**si**

//

//ensure gift voucher system installed and if we are using the balance we do not require cc info

global $credit_covers;

//check to see if gv installed

if (isset($credit_covers)) {

//check to see if credit balance>order total & no cc info entered

if ( $credit_covers

&& strlen($number.$cc_cvv.$cc_issue)==0

&& ( strlen($expiry_m)==0 || $expiry_m='mm' )

&& ( strlen($expiry_y)==0 || $expiry_y='yy' )

&& ( strlen($start_m)==0 || $start_m='mm' )

&& ( strlen($start_y)==0 || $start_y='yy' )

) {

return true;

}

}

//

//**si** end

//

return -1;

}

Edited by scranmer

I was hoping that the install would go smoothly but it didn't. I installed CCVG 5.14 on a fresh osc 2.2 using the "easy install" patch provided by Jessman. (Also, I had to copy about 8 files from regular 5.14 install)

Upon the installation, when I go to the website, I get a blank screen with the following error message.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code() (previously declared in /home/lgc/public_html/includes/functions/general.php:17) in /home/lgc/public_html/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php on line 36

What did I do wrong? On the admin console, it looks fine...

See www.litttlegirlchic.com

Thanks for the help.

Edited by fromSharon

Sharon,

This has been discussed many time previously in this thread, there's a mistake in the instructions and removing the duped function from general.php should fix it or you could just restore your includes/functions/general.php

HTH

Si.

Untitled-1.gif

I have searched through the forum,

the correct

everything has been double checked, and

define('ERROR_REDEEMED_AMOUNT', 'Congratulations, you have redeemed '); is in as per instructions.

all files have been checked

please PLEASE tell me how to get rid of these errors

it looks really naff on a live store

this is the url that comes up

/shop/checkout_payment.php/payment_error/ot_coupon/error/Congratulations%2C+you+have+redeemed+ERROR_REDEEMED_AMOUNT_ZERO]http://www.*******/shop/checkout_payment.p...MED_AMOUNT_ZERO

it does however take the discount off correctly

HELLLP

vERSION 1.14 WITH FRENCH FIX, AND NEW MESSAGE FIX

Edited by fernyburn

I have installed this for the first time without any apparent problems other than:

I have created a discount coupon for $2 .

On the checkout payment page for a product worth $2 I can successfully redeem the coupon however the payment options still show and I am required to select one even though the order total is $0

Is this an omission/bug or have I missed something?

Thanks! :D

Matti

I have installed this for the first time without any apparent problems other than:

On the checkout payment page for a product worth $2 I can successfully redeem the coupon however the payment options still show and I am required to select one even though the order total is $0

Matti

Hey there Matti,

I am working my way through this as well with a 100% discount coupon. As best as I can tell and with a semi-confirmation from Monica the credit_covers function applies to gift vouchers but not coupons so I'm digging through CCGV trying to figure out how to approach this.

I'm happy and thankful to have bigger brains than mine on the case as well though!

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

Matti

I'm having the same problem. I'm assuming that it is a bug with the contribution. If you look a few posts above Scranmer posted some code to place in the catalog/includes/classes/cc_validation.php file to help with this. I haven't been able to get this to work for my shop yet. I may be putting the code in the wrong place or something. Anyways here is the code:

$this->cc_type = 'JCB';
} else {

//
//**si**
//
//ensure gift voucher system installed and if we are using the balance we do not require cc info
global $credit_covers;

if ( $credit_covers
) {
return true;
}
}
//
//**si** end
//

return -1;
}

Hi,

I just installed a new store with a template monster template.

Wanted to add this mod first to make it simple

can you tell me where to start. which is the stable version. I heard .14 is not , so should i start with .13 and apply all patches or how should i go about it .

Thanks

Aman

Or should i just wait .. as i dont really need it right now ! just thought it would be easier to install now rather than installing after installing other mods like paypal pro, QT pro, etc .

So should i go ahead with other mods and wait for a stable release ?

Thanks a lot

Or should i just wait .. as i dont really need it right now ! just thought it would be easier to install now rather than installing after installing other mods like paypal pro, QT pro, etc .

So should i go ahead with other mods and wait for a stable release ?

Thanks a lot

now im cofused

5.14 complete states this

Since the last 2 upgrade haven't been added, here is an update for ya'll labeled as CCGV 5.14, no major updated, but 5.13 was getting a little outdated.

This is the FULL PACKAGE and included the PayPal fix and brettsg's 4 fixes. I don't take no credit for this, just re-packaged and included all of the replaced files for everybody to have the updated version.

Enjoy!

so isnt 5.14 (22nd July) just 5.13 repackaged with all the inclusions - as that is what it states

yeah but the install notes contribution says that the problem started for him when he installed 5.14, so he rolled back and started with last stable version 5.13 by Rigadin and then explained installation process.. to me it is confusing , the steps listed by him.. so i asked if i should wait for next stable.

I am not installing 5.14 as i know (from all the post in forums ) that it is not stable.

installation notes contribution is what is suggested by people now, but to me its a little confusing (new to osc).

so i think i would rather wait for the next stable version..

Thanks everyone.

Any ideas when can we expect the next version. I know time is precious and i do appreciate all the efforts taken by all of you to make such cool contribs.

Yes, it's the full package. Meaning all the files are there to do a full install. But what does that mean? Not many people have kept continuity logs when they posted files to the contribution page.

Look at all the packages released between 5.13 Full Package by Rigaden and 5.14!

Look at all the different contributors. There are a lot of changes, not all of them necessary.

Some of the changes have detrimental effects. And many of the authors didn't bother to release different language files, so you might make changes to a file to find that something is in french or spanish all the time, when you want it to be english.

I am almost complete repackaging what will be 5.15, by starting at 5.13 and selecting updates and adding others to a configurable admin interface.

Until me or someone else does this, you have to do your best to sort through the updates and only apply what you need or deem is appropriate.

A good start is to follow the instructions in the 6 Oct contrib.

I hope to release something within a week or two.

Edited by molafish

I seem to be having more errors than ever, nothing seems to work on this contribution.

Please can anyone answer the following. (though not holding my breath)

1) gift voucher -- email to someone, when i click the link it takes me to this error page.

http://www.*******.com/shop/FILENAME_GV_SEND

how do i fix this

2) I have a ?5 gift voucher, but cannot redeem it myself (and cant send it either) , am i supposed to have a code sent to me,

I have installed this contribution on account.php

Account Page Box chooch 15 Sep 2005

Adds a box on the account.php page which shows the Gift Voucher Balance and an FAQ link

--- ha ha no faqs link

I have installed this contribution

Credit Class & Gift Voucher - checkout layout mod ckyshop.co.uk 29 Aug 2005

doesnt add a tickbox to redeem any giftvoucher on checkout_payment.php as it says it will

I really want to offer a FREE SHIPPING coupon.

Is there a way to prevent the coupon user from choosing an expensive (i.e., Overnight) shipping method?

Any help greatly appreciated since I am planning on sending out a coupon to all my customers this week.

Best Regards, Ted

PS. I thought this would have been a common question/problem for others, but I couldn't find a similar thread.

I'm having the same problem. I'm assuming that it is a bug with the contribution. If you look a few posts above Scranmer posted some code to place in the catalog/includes/classes/cc_validation.php file to help with this. I haven't been able to get this to work for my shop yet. I may be putting the code in the wrong place or something. Anyways here is the code:

$this->cc_type = 'JCB';
} else {

//
//**si**
//
global $credit_covers;

if ( $credit_covers
) {
return true;
}
}
//
//**si** end
//

return -1;
}

I think the issue there, aside from parse errors, is that the credit_covers isn't set for the coupon. I'm still poking about so I may be wrong there. In any case I can't get this snippet to function either.

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...

I seem to be having more errors than ever, nothing seems to work on this contribution.

Please can anyone answer the following. (though not holding my breath)

1) gift voucher -- email to someone, when i click the link it takes me to this error page.

http://www.*******.com/shop/FILENAME_GV_SEND

how do i fix this

2) I have a ?5 gift voucher, but cannot redeem it myself (and cant send it either) , am i supposed to have a code sent to me,

I have installed this contribution on account.php

Account Page Box chooch 15 Sep 2005

Adds a box on the account.php page which shows the Gift Voucher Balance and an FAQ link

--- ha ha no faqs link

I have installed this contribution

Credit Class & Gift Voucher - checkout layout mod ckyshop.co.uk 29 Aug 2005

doesnt add a tickbox to redeem any giftvoucher on checkout_payment.php as it says it will

oh, and i forgot this one as well ---

when i email myself a gift voucher, the link takes me to this page

ww.s*******s.com/shop/gv_redeem.php/gv_no/f66190

when i get their this is what i see

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_GV_REDEEM): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sunshine/public_html/shop/gv_redeem.php on line 56

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_GV_REDEEM): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sunshine/public_html/shop/gv_redeem.php on line 56

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_GV_REDEEM' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sunshine/public_html/shop/gv_redeem.php on line 56

line 56 shows

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_GV_REDEEM);

gv_redeem.php IS in the english language gile, and shows this

define('NAVBAR_TITLE', 'Redeem Gift Certificate');
define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Redeem Gift Certificate');
define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'For more information regarding Gift Certificates, please see our <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_FAQ,'','NONSSL').'">'.GV_FAQ.'.</a>');
define('TEXT_INVALID_GV', 'The Gift Certificate number may be invalid or has already been redeemed. To contact the shop owner please use the Contact Page');
define('TEXT_VALID_GV', 'Congratulations, you have redeemed a Gift Certificate worth %s');
?>

Edited by fernyburn

when i get their this is what i see

does your catalog/includes/add_ccgv_appliation_top have the following line?

define('FILENAME_GV_REDEEM', 'gv_redeem.php');

have a look

Edited by chooch

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH