• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Hi,

You should edit the file gv_mail.php present in the english dir (not gv_sent.php).

Also note that if u want to add some extra information to the message or format the existing message of the email edit the file admin/gv_sent.php. The code in that file which needs to be modified is

From here the email message starts

$message = $HTTP_POST_VARS['message'];

$message .= "\n\n" . TEXT_GV_WORTH  . $currencies->format($HTTP_POST_VARS['amount']) . "\n\n";

$message .= TEXT_TO_REDEEM;

//      $message .= TEXT_WHICH_IS . $id1 . TEXT_IN_CASE . "\n\n";

$message .= TEXT_WHICH_IS . "\n====================\n".$id1 ."\n====================\n". TEXT_IN_CASE . "\n\n";

if (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') {

$message .= HTTP_SERVER  . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'gv_redeem.php' . '/gv_no,'.$id1 . "\n\n";

} else {

$message .= HTTP_SERVER  . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'gv_redeem.php' . '?gv_no='.$id1 . "\n\n";

}

$message .= TEXT_OR_VISIT . HTTP_SERVER  . DIR_WS_CATALOG . TEXT_ENTER_CODE;

Till here

Infact if u will notice i have formatted the message a bit to highlight the giftvoucher code (by using -------).

Hope this helps...

Alright I have changed my code in the admin/languages/english/gv_mail.php file to what I would like it to say. I even made the changes shown above in the admin/gv_mail.php file (above says it is in gv_sent.php file, but I found it in mail). Everytime I test buying a voucher, redeem it, and receive the email, it reverts back to the original message. None of my changes come through. I went back in to make sure I saved my changes, and all the alterations I did are still there. Does anyone know if there is another file I need to change? I altered almost every word in this email, but it still comes through as if it is unaltered. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just my setup, or is it default behavior for ccgv to require payment information even when the item being purchased is less than the voucher value?

Quidquid latine dictum sit, profundum viditur.

Hello,

I wonder if anybody experienced similar problem or if you could help me please, I don't really know what to do or try now...

I'm unable to purchase gift vouchers with Credit Card or PayPal.

I've tried 5 different settings and none of them work for Credit Cards but ALL work for Cheque / Money order! As soon as I purchase a voucher with money order, I can see it in a queue. However if I try to purchase it with PP or CC, I'm being charged, however nothing appears in the queue.

The settings I've been trying so far are:

Weight is 0, download enabled, model GIFT-025.

If there is someone who could help me, or at least try to tell me what to check for, I appreciate it.

Alex

Hi Alex,

I'm not shure why but I had to use the underscore _ i.e GIFT_25. Also GIFT_25 had to be the model only not the name. Hope this helps.

Marty

I have just installed the gift voucher/credit class contribution, and thought that it was all going well. I can create gift vouchers/discount codes in my admin suite, and the shop hasn?t broken down either. I tried to test purchasing an item as the shopping cart pages have been fairly modified ? I get as far as the payment method page (checkout_payment.php), where I can enter credit card details/or select using a cheque/money order. But, when I click ?redeem? (with a gift code) or click ?continue? to confirm the order I get Fatal Error messages (on the checkout_confirmation.php page).

This is the error message with the cheque/money order module enabled:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class moneyorder in /home/readingniguk/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/moneyorder.php on line 13

This is error message with the cheque/money order module removed (leaving just credit card as an option):

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class cc in /home/readingniguk/public_html/catalog/includes/modules/payment/cc.php on line 13

Different error message ? but same line 13 ? and same redeclaring of class problem.

Is it something to do with different files parsing the same file at the same time or something? Is the above problem easy to identify or solve?

I have a delivery date picker, Product Attribute text input, Purchase without account, STS and X-sell contributions all installed. But I didn?t think they?d conflict ? none of the modified code was ever in the same place.

Please advise!!!! Many Thanks in advance!

Marty,

I'm not shure why but I had to use the underscore _ i.e GIFT_25. Also GIFT_25 had to be the model only not the name. Hope this helps.
That didn't help I'm afraid, I've been trying to use model GIFT-025 and GIFT_025 and result is still the same, after paying with Credit Card or PayPal, no vouchers will appear in the queue. :(

Absinthe Original Liquor Store

Wow,

read the first 35 pages of this thread... BUT I didn't find the answer to why my customers have to enter their credit card details when a gift voucher covers the whole cost of an item. Is it not possible to send the people who's cart contents=less than their voucher balance directly to the confirmation page? Or at least hide the payment module(s)? Thanks!

I'll get back to reading now.

Only 120 pages to go... =)

I'm confused, maybe i just dont understand.

I have a "voucher balance" of $50 in my shopping cart, but they are not deducted when trying to by something for $40. Instead I am informed that "You have funds in your Gift Voucher Account. If you want you can send those funds by email to someone" in checkout success.

Is this normal? Are they just meant to be sent to someone else?

I'm confused, maybe i just dont understand.

I have a "voucher balance" of $50 in my shopping cart, but they are not deducted when trying to by something for $40. Instead I am informed that "You have funds in your Gift Voucher Account. If you want you can send those funds by email to someone" in checkout success.

Is this normal? Are they just meant to be sent to someone else?

No... if you have $50 in Vouchers in your accoun then you can check the redeem voucher box at the checkout - the only item it doesn't work on is if you buy a gift voucher! (because it doesn't make sense to pay for a gift voucher using... a gift voucher)

you can redeem your voucher balance against any final fee at the checkout - even if you add any item to cart and then buy another gift voucher it WILL allow you to redeem at the checkout.

you can of-course email them to other people too..

if you need help, get back

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Wow,

read the first 35 pages of this thread...  BUT I didn't find the answer to why my customers have to enter their credit card details when a gift voucher covers the whole cost of an item.  Is it not possible to send the people who's cart contents=less than their voucher balance directly to the confirmation page?  Or at least hide the payment module(s)?  Thanks!

I'll get back to reading now.

Only 120 pages to go...  =)

on my payment page customer can leave the payment options and go straight to 'redeem voucher' part..

it shouldn't take too long for a talented person to put in the mod that you want - but what if the customer wants to keep the voucher balance there for later and actually want to use cc, or paypal?

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Thanks for answering chooch.

I have tested all kind of situations, and came up with this;

1, I did a coupon in admin (10% rebate) that was only supposed to be used in category 'hardware'. I tried to buy something in 'software', entered my redeem code and got a kind of thank you message. In checkout_confirmation.php the amount wasn't deducted (of course) but the message on the page before is quite confusing (?).

2, The bigger problem: Same situation as above but i tried to buy products both from hardware and software. I thought that the rebate should only affect hardware, but i got 10% off on both products!

3, When I mail gift vouchers from the admin to a test account the show up but I'm not able to choose "Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons" in "Credit Availabe" in checkout_payment.php. The radio button is gone.. Does it have something to do with that it is the same IP address for all my test email accounts? :)

3, When I mail gift vouchers from the admin to a test account the show up but I'm not able to choose "Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons" in "Credit Availabe" in checkout_payment.php. The radio button is gone.. Does it have something to do with that it is the same IP address for all my test email accounts? :)

Yeah... my radio button is gone too. what's the deal here? I clean install it. "Invalid Gift Voucher Code"????

I have some other questions...

Buying gift vouchers donnot need delivery and therefore no COD option. Then how do I test it using credit card?

Secondly, do they have an online example where I can play with? Coz I simply have no idea how CCGV exactly works. The install.html isn't helpful at all. To add, the latest version is an .exe file that doesn't even support modded site... *stress*

Edited by eddyvlad

Yeah... my radio button is gone too. what's the deal here? I clean install it. "Invalid Gift Voucher Code"????

Buying gift vouchers donnot need delivery and therefore no COD option. Then how do I test it using credit card?

Secondly, do they have an online example where I can play with? Coz I simply have no idea how CCGV exactly works. The install.html isn't helpful at all. To add, the latest version is an .exe file that doesn't even support modded site... *stress*

which version of the CCGV are you using?

CHOOCH

on my payment page customer can leave the payment options and go straight to 'redeem voucher' part..

it shouldn't take too long for a talented person to put in the mod that you want - but what if the customer wants to keep the voucher balance there for later and actually want to use cc, or paypal?

Thanks for the reply chooch! My issue is that my customer cannot advance to the confirmation page without entering credit card information. I think it's related to only having one payment option-which I do not want to change.

If they already have a voucher balance that covers the total cost, and they check "use voucher balance" and then "continue", they get an invalid card number error.

If they enter the code and click "redeem", the voucher amount is correctly added, but when they select "use voucher balance" they get the same error.

Also,

I sent my test account a gift voucher for $50.00. I then used the test account to purchase an item for $65.00, using the gift voucher. Oscommerce showed me the correct numbers (that my total charge would be the $15.00 difference), but then the card number I entered to cover the difference was charged the whole $65.00.

I remember others having this issue, and it somehow being related (possibly?) to only having one payment option available (trustcommerce-credit cards). However, I have not been able to find a fix. Is anyone familiar with thiese issues, and know a fix?

Also,

I sent my test account a gift voucher for $50.00.  I then used the test account to purchase an item for $65.00, using the gift voucher.  Oscommerce showed me the correct numbers (that my total charge would be the $15.00 difference), but then the card number I entered to cover the difference was charged the whole $65.00.

I remember others having this issue, and it somehow being related (possibly?) to only having one payment option available (trustcommerce-credit cards).  However, I have not been able to find a fix.  Is anyone familiar with thiese issues, and know a fix?

that is a strange problem.... logic dictates that if it can't be fixed you should add a second payment module to make it work - such as paypal

which version of CCGV are you using? you can paste your catalog/checkout_payment.php here and hopefully someone might be able to do something for you :-)

CHOOCH

I've having a syntax error on my checkout payment page, it still works but the error is there in Internet explorer.

Here is the line of code I think is causing the problem:

if (payment_value == null && credit_covers="false") {
   error_message = error_message + "* Please select a payment method for your order.\n";
   error = 1;
 }

I don't think its found in the the checkout_payment.php page rahter a related page. Can anyone point me to which file this would be in PLEASE. Thank you!

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

hi

can someone please advise me on how to get the info on #611 (post number 611) to work on my site

it concerns the Gift Voucher and Coupon details for ther acount.php

i have no idea so any help will be appreciated

thanks

CHOOCH

I've having a syntax error on my checkout payment page, it still works but the error is there in Internet explorer.

Here is the line of code I think is causing the problem:

?if (payment_value == null && credit_covers="false") {
? ?error_message = error_message + "* Please select a payment method for your order.\n";
? ?error = 1;
?}

I don't think its found in the the checkout_payment.php page rahter a related page. Can anyone point me to which file this would be in PLEASE. Thank you!

looks like checkout_payment.php to me.....

don't know anywhere else it should go

CHOOCH

looks like checkout_payment.php to me.....

don't know anywhere else it should go

Finally found it! It was from an older version bad code that was in my includes/classes/payment.php

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

I just found out that you must use sort order 740 for 'Gift Vouchers' in 'Order Total Modules'. I therefor changed sub-total, shipping and total to sort order 741-743 and now it works. The radio button is back! :)

Alright I have changed my code in the admin/languages/english/gv_mail.php file to what I would like it to say. I even made the changes shown above in the admin/gv_mail.php file (above says it is in gv_sent.php file, but I found it in mail). Everytime I test buying a voucher, redeem it, and receive the email, it reverts back to the original message. None of my changes come through. I went back in to make sure I saved my changes, and all the alterations I did are still there. Does anyone know if there is another file I need to change? I altered almost every word in this email, but it still comes through as if it is unaltered. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

Does anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

ljh23