• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Hey Jan,

I know I was telling you how to remove the french info from the configuration table, I just read the forum incorrectly... sorry 'bout that...

ermmm... I have an issue hopefully someone can help me with... in the forum there is a post that say replace the javascript code for the popup window, and it will fix the error and the fact that nothing happens.. well the 'fix' didn't fix that problem for me...

this is what I had originally

$cart_contents_string ="

<script language=\"javascript\">

function couponpopupWindow(url) {  window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,re

sizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=450,height=280,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,l

eft=150')

}

//--></script>";

I tried replacing that with

<!-- shopping_cart //-->

<script language="javascript"><!--

function couponpopupWindow(url) {

window.open(url,'popupWindow',& #39;toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,re

sizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=450,height=280,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,l

eft=150')

}

//--></script>

but this didn't work, I noticed that the 2nd line of the fix was

<script language="javascript"><!--

when in fact to get around a string error showing onscreen, it should've been

<script language=\"javascript\"><!--

however.. even this did not work.. the error of T_STRING disappeared, but the  coupon more info popup still did nothing, and error showed in IE...

hmmmmmmmmmmm...

anyone ?

I suggest someone using another browser than IE should test this, preferably the mozilla users and if possible firefox too.

I guess it's an IE only problem ?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

im still having the same problem i was before, i install CCGV and then my main page comes up blank and my admin page the same, how do i solve this? i was told i could solve it by copying the general.php files from the previous versions so i downloaded them and no general.php files are in there. Im now stuck, i need this to work, any help please?

If I am right the problem is alreday been duscussed in this topic before and the answer to it is given, please re-read and I'm almost certain you'll find the answer.

Greetz, Jan

I think I have the problem sorted with the more info link for the shopping cart, looking at the code with fresh eye's this morning, I noticed that there is an error in the code, or at least, there seemed to be (I'm not up to speed woth PHP)...

look just below the javascript code, there is an IF statement...

this is the original code:

//  $cart_contents_string = '';

// ############ End Added CCGV Contribution ##########

if ($cart->count_contents() > 0) {

// ############ Added CCGV Contribution ##########

$cart_contents_string = '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">';

$cart_contents_string .= '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">'; // Modified in v5.13 by Rigadin for STS compatibility

Notice any difference between the two lines after the IF ?

I changed it to this:

$cart_contents_string .= '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">';

$cart_contents_string .= '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">'; // Modified in v5.13 by Rigadin for STS compatibility

Notice the period ? (( $cart_contents_string .= ))

This worked for me...

hopefully it will work for you guys too..

Could you be more specific and tell us in which file this is to be changed ??

Jan

I think I have the problem sorted with the more info link for the shopping cart, looking at the code with fresh eye's this morning, I noticed that there is an error in the code, or at least, there seemed to be (I'm not up to speed woth PHP)...

look just below the javascript code, there is an IF statement...

this is the original code:

$cart_contents_string = '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">';

Notice any difference between the two lines after the IF ?

I changed it to this:

$cart_contents_string .= '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">';

Notice the period ? (( $cart_contents_string .= ))

This worked for me...

hopefully it will work for you guys too..

Q;

Why are there 2 equal lines after your change ?

Can't it be solved by just swapping the 2 lines so the line with the dot comes first and leaves the first one without the dot intact ?

I guess the line without the dot is there for a reason, why else did Rigadin put the one with the dot in ther in the first place ? I guess he already found the problem ?

any way, I need t know in which file this code is in to try it in the first place.

Greetz, Jan

Anyone caring to reply to my post or is it too obvious ?

??? give me a hint to what's your problem and I'll try to read it and see what can be done ( only if I can help offcourse )

And, uh, bumping does help, but only if the original post is linked to it ;-)

I've searched through the first 10 or so pages (most recent) of this thread but found no reference to an issue that I'm having. I'm hoping that someone can point me in the right direction as far as a fix goes or offer up any other advice that might help:

Quite simply, some of my client's customers are able to re-use Gift Vouchers on multiple orders. They are simply entering the same redeem code (on the checkout payment page) that they received in an email.

Any leads on this issue are greatly appreciated.

I guess you mean a coupon because for all I know Gift Vouchers are sent only once with an accompnying value and can only be redeemed once ( in my shop it can )

there is a setting for that when you create your coupon that states how many times a voucher can be used, I guss you have it set on a value bigber than 1 ?

Edited by jans

I've gone through the install, everything seems to be present, but I'm still getting these errors.

:'(

Hello All,

My catalog produces this error:

Warning: main(includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/test/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 604

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/test/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 604

And I get this in the admin:

Warning: main(includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/test/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php on line 365

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/test/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php on line

But all the "Missing" files are present.

anyone have some ideas for me.

thanks

rudy

I am having a tax calculation problem with the voucher. The voucher is not being taxed. The tax rate is 5%. The 10$ voucher should be taxed .5 cents

Sub-Total: $72.00

Discount Coupons:lampshades: -$36.00

Gift Vouchers: $10.00

GA TAX: $1.80

Federal Express (FEDEX) ( lbs) (Ground): $0.00

Total: $27.80

Here are my config's:

Discount Coupons 740

Gift Vouchers 760

Low Order Fee

Shipping 850

Sub-Total 1

Tax 800

Total 900

Gift Vouchers

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Queue Purchases

true

Include Shipping

false

Include Tax

false

Re-calculate Tax

None

Tax Class

--none--

Credit including Tax

false

Discount Coupon

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Include Shipping

false

Include Tax

false

Re-calculate Tax

Standard

Tax Class

--none--

THANKS!!!!!

DANNY

bump for computerwiz5

I am having a tax calculation problem with the voucher.  The voucher is not being taxed. The tax rate is 5%. The 10$ voucher should be taxed .5 cents

Sub-Total:  $72.00

Discount Coupons:lampshades:  -$36.00

Gift Vouchers:  $10.00

GA TAX:  $1.80

Federal Express (FEDEX) ( lbs) (Ground):  $0.00

Total:  $27.80

Here are my config's:

Discount Coupons  740

Gift Vouchers            760

Low Order Fee   

Shipping              850

Sub-Total                1

Tax                        800

Total                        900

Gift Vouchers

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Queue Purchases

true

Include Shipping

false

Include Tax

false

Re-calculate Tax

None

Tax Class

--none--

Credit including Tax

false

Discount Coupon

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Include Shipping

false

Include Tax

false

Re-calculate Tax

Standard

Tax Class

--none--

THANKS!!!!!

DANNY

I've gone through the install, everything seems to be present, but I'm still getting these errors.

:'(

somehow I think it has something to do wit the path starting with .: ? I've never seen a path statement like that before

Evening I am testing and just wanted to clarify something... when I buy a gift voucher tax is applied, but the Welcome Cpupon is not applied.. is this ture for all coupons? They are not applied to the purchase of a gift voucher?

Thanks

Maddie

Bumping my post up again. Any solutions for having it subtract for two different tax rates in the same class?

New error I've found:

It seems that CCGV cannot calculate Tax Classes with 2 different rates.  I have an Ontario store so I need to collect 8% tax in Ontario and 7% tax for all of canada.  It re-calculates the tax when it only has to deal with one tax class, but it doesn't work if it has to deal with the two tax classes.

Go here and you'll see what I'm talking about if you follow the instructions for your store (not a contribution file, just set up notes).

Okay, I've found a workaround. While it'd be preferable to re-calculate the tax on the new discounted value, applying the include tax option so it adds tax to the discount gives me the final price that I'm looking for.

Bumping my post up again.  Any solutions for having it subtract for two different tax rates in the same class?

What is the path statement generate from?

Its part of the webserver's environment.

A path is a ':' separated list of directories that are searched in order, so

.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear

means look in . (the current directory) and then /usr/share/php and then /usr/share/pear for the file in question.

If it isn't found, then it can't be loaded.

Now, I know you have said that the files are in place, but PHP isn't going to get this wrong, so check and double check (including spelling, case, extenstion etc.). Also, check the permissions of the files to ensure that the webserver can read them.

If you are using Apache, then the error logs may help, too.

Quentin

Q;

Why are there 2 equal lines after your change ?

Can't it be solved by just swapping the 2 lines so the line with the dot comes first and leaves the first one without the dot intact ?

I guess the line without the dot is there for a reason, why else did Rigadin put the one with the dot in ther in the first place ? I guess he already found the problem ?

any way, I need t know in which file this code is in to try it in the first place.

Greetz, Jan

as you can tell, I am new to this.. the file this code is in is...

catalog\includes\boxes\shopping_cart.php around line 34

actually you had a point about the code.. adding the period makes that line, and the line below identical, unless I need sleep drastically.. too many late nights, I tried swapping the line with the period, and the line without the period around, and the more info link still failed to popup the info when the cart was empty, so I took out completely the line without the period.. and it worked with items in the cart, and with no items in the cart... my code now works like this

//$cart_contents_string = '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">'; // Modified in v5.13 by Rigadin for STS compatibility

as you can see, I have totally commented out the second line, as adding the period makes both lines identical.. I too wonder if the line that originally was without a period was for a purpose, or tired eyes.. logically you would assume it is there for a reason.. the modifier mentions STS compatibility, but seeing as I dont use STS, I am not too concerned...

gawddd.. I am gonna get some sleep now.. 3am yesterday, after 1am today, and probably gonna be 2am... uugghhhh..

but.. another question on the redeem aspect of this great contribution.. anyone know how to show a redeem box on the left/right column ?, I have seen it on a site which is so using oscommerce, so it is possible, I am too tired to look at that tonight.. so anyone who has managed that, I would appreciate the help..

here is the site with the box http://www.inkcycle.co.uk/

regards

John.

I am having a tax calculation problem with the voucher.  The voucher is not being taxed. The tax rate is 5%. The 10$ voucher should be taxed .5 cents

Sub-Total:  $72.00

Discount Coupons:lampshades:  -$36.00

Gift Vouchers:  $10.00

GA TAX:  $1.80

Federal Express (FEDEX) ( lbs) (Ground):  $0.00

Total:  $27.80

Here are my config's:

Discount Coupons  740

Gift Vouchers            760

Low Order Fee   

Shipping              850

Sub-Total                1

Tax                        800

Total                        900

Gift Vouchers

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Queue Purchases

true

Include Shipping

false

Include Tax

false

Re-calculate Tax

None

Tax Class

--none--

Credit including Tax

false

Discount Coupon

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Include Shipping

false

Include Tax

false

Re-calculate Tax

Standard

Tax Class

--none--

THANKS!!!!!

DANNY

Mine does here is what I have

Discount Coupons 9

Gift Vouchers 740

Low Order Fee

Shipping 3

Sub-Total 1

Tax 2

Total 800

Gift Vouchers

Display Total true

Sort Order 740

Queue Purchases true

Include Shipping false

Include Tax false

Re-calculate Tax None

Tax Class --none--

Credit including Tax false

Discount Coupon

Display Total true

Sort Order 9

Include Shipping false

Include Tax false

Re-calculate Tax none

Tax Class --none--

hope this helps

Maddie

Hey just wondering if anyone had a solution for the above quote?

Barret

Hi,

There is no DELETE button for this, but you can delete them from your database. Here is deal, if you have phpMyAdmin, select your database from left top side, then click on "COUPONS" in the left window. Then in right top section click on "browse". Now you can see all the coupons (including credits) with all the details. just simply select the ones that you like to delete and hit delete.

Good luck

Regards,

Hey, I have a few problems when I install the newest release of this CCGV v5.13. I get this error in my shopping cart:

1146 - Table 'salvaged_osc1.TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

and I do not have any way to redeem my gift voucher once I create one in the admin section.

If you have any advice as to what may be the cause of this any and all help will be appreciated immensely. Thank you in advance for your time.

Hello Everyone,

... the issue that I'm having is that if a make a coupon for 20% off without specifying a product or cpath catagory, it works perfectly, but if I want to limit the coupon to be 20% off only certain products or catagories, it simply stops working altogether.

Any help is appreciated, and thanks for this great contribution!  Even with the current snafu, it's saved me a ton of time.

Adrienne

Thought I'd try one more time to see if anyone else had this problem or knew how to fix it. No coupons will work at all if I restrict products or catagories. I even tried listing just one product in case it was reading the commas incorrectly.

Any thoughts?

Hey, I have a few problems when I install the newest release of this CCGV v5.13.  I get this error in my shopping cart: 

1146 - Table 'salvaged_osc1.TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

and I do not have any way to redeem my gift voucher once I create one in the admin section.

If you have any advice as to what may be the cause of this any and all help will be appreciated immensely.  Thank you in advance for your time.

Bump Bump I have the same problem

Does anyone know the last stable release of ccgv?

Thanks i think the newest release is buggy ( possibly corrupting? )

Anyways if someone has a fix for this or knows the last stable release please let us know

Cheers and TIA

J

I have the same problem, even if i try to trick the system it still displays that i redeemed the coupon while it should say that its not valid........

Big problems.....

Danny

Edited by computerwiz5

Hello There...

I have ran into a problem I am unable to find a solution for... I have tried searching, but to no avail. Then again, I can be pretty dumb.

After installing Credit Class $ GV, editing the files and uploading the sql text into the database, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code() (previously declared in /home/virtual/site17/fst/var/www/html/includes/functions/general.php:17) in /home/virtual/site17/fst/var/www/html/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php on line 36

How should I proceed? Or should I just restore the site to what it was before?

Thanks for your help,

dan

Full Speed Ahead, Damn the Torpedoes!

Hi there,

Managed to get ccgv 5.13d installed after becoming too familiar with this thread :)

One thing I haven't found though. When a customer redeems a coupon successfully the cart currently drops them back on the checkout_payment.php page with a nice message about how their coupon has been redeemed.

Is that standard behavior? If it is I'd like to modify it to just pass through to the confirmation page. Any idea where to start on that?

If it's not the expected behavior where do you think I went wrong and in what file?

Thanks a bunch!

Iggy

Everything's funny but nothing's a joke...