The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I am having a issue I have the Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution installed everything seems to work fine, aside from when I use paypal for the checkout. The coupon discount is not subtracting from the order total on the paypal site .

It shows up fine in the checkout (below) (coupon for 50% off)

=====================

Sub-Total: $0.10

FedEx Ground (FedEx Ground 3-7 days): $8.00

Discount Coupons:test1: -$4.05

Total: $4.05

but when sent to paypal is shows

====================

Payment For: Shopping Cart

Currency: U.S. Dollars

Amount: $0.10 USD

Shipping & Handling: $8.00 USD

Total Amount: $8.10 USD

I cannot seem to figure it out I am using the new papal_IPN 1.0. (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679/category,1/search,PayPal+IPN)

Everything works fine when used with authorize.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

That is an easy fix, at least it was for me once I figured it out.....I hope you have the same luck...

My guesss is that you installed the PayPal Contribution first then install the CCGV Contribution. If so then you will have to do the following:

1. Go to the Admin Utility/Payment Modules, then press the remove/uninstall button on the PayPal module.

2. Next Select the PayPal Module Again and hit the Install Button........

3. Next do a dance cause your done......I spent about 15 hours trying to figure that out, I hope I saved you some time. Do a dance for me too......

Just realized I am using PayPal IPN 3.0a.....Maybe you want to update, I am not sure what the update consist of.... I am sure that this will fix your problem though.

That is an easy fix, at least it was for me once I figured it out.....I hope you have the same luck...

My guesss is that you installed the PayPal Contribution first then install the CCGV Contribution. If so then you will have to do the following:

1. Go to the Admin Utility/Payment Modules, then press the remove/uninstall button on the PayPal module.

3. Next do a dance cause your done......I spent about 15 hours trying to figure that out, I hope I saved you some time. Do a dance for me too......

Just realized I am using PayPal IPN 3.0a.....Maybe you want to update, I am not sure what the update consist of.... I am sure that this will fix your problem though.

webtrek, I tried this and still no luck. The discount that I apply to my order is doubled once I get to PayPal, thus I see a negative number for the order total. Which PayPal module are you using - the one contributed by devosc or the osC team? I'm using the former.

Maybe the problem is in my sort order for the order total module. Can you share with me how you have yours set up? Thanks in advance.

cxdi_logo_100x45.gif

Hello,

I am having a issue I have the Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution installed everything seems to work fine, aside from when I use paypal for the checkout. The coupon discount is not subtracting from the order total on the paypal site .

It shows up fine in the checkout (below) (coupon for 50% off)

=====================

Sub-Total: $0.10

FedEx Ground (FedEx Ground 3-7 days): $8.00

Discount Coupons:test1: -$4.05

Total: $4.05

but when sent to paypal is shows

====================

Payment For: Shopping Cart

Currency: U.S. Dollars

Amount: $0.10 USD

Shipping & Handling: $8.00 USD

Total Amount: $8.10 USD

I cannot seem to figure it out I am using the new papal_IPN 1.0. (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679/category,1/search,PayPal+IPN)

Everything works fine when used with authorize.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the help webtrek,

Unfortunately I am using a different paypal ipn I am using the one made by Harald Ponce de Leon (http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2679/category,1/search,PayPal+IPN)

There are a few people having the same issue any help would be greatly appreciated!

nevermind, I got it to work.  I do have a question on selling gift certificates though.  I have my admin set up to put GC orders into the queue.  I just placed a sample order for a $25 GC and I received the order confirmation but nothing showed up in the queue.  I have my product name set to GIFT25 as recommended, how am I supposed to get the GC code to my customer?

Thanks!!

Install the PayPal for this contribution and then uninstall and reinstall PayPal from admin

Most Valuable OsCommerce Contributions:

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

FedEx Automated Labels -- Contribution 2244

RMA Returns system -- Contribution 1136

Sort Products By Dropdown -- Contribution 4312

Ultimate SEO URLs -- Contribution 2823

Credit Class & Gift Voucher -- Contribution 282

Cross-Sell -- Contribution 5347

Hi,

Next, I have also made some other changes to this file.? Using this code, instead of having

"coupon: more info"

in the shopping cart infobox, you will have:

"coupon: (name of coupon you entered in admin)

more info"

To me this makes more sense, but that's a matter of opinion.? Here is the code for includes/boxes/shopping_cart:

Find ~line 90:

if (tep_session_is_registered('cc_id') && $cc_id) {
? ?$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left','text' => tep_draw_separator());
? ?$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left','text' => '<table cellpadding="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><td class="smalltext">' . CART_COUPON . '</td><td class="smalltext" align="right" valign="bottom">' . '<a href="javascript:couponpopupWindow(\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_COUPON_HELP, 'cID=' . $cc_id) . '\')">' . CART_COUPON_INFO . '</a>' . '</td></tr></table>');

Replace with:

if (tep_session_is_registered('cc_id') && $cc_id) {
?$coupon_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_COUPONS . " where coupon_id = '" . $cc_id . "'");
?$coupon = tep_db_fetch_array($coupon_query);
?$coupon_desc_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_COUPONS_DESCRIPTION . " where coupon_id = '" . $cc_id . "' and language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
?$coupon_desc = tep_db_fetch_array($coupon_desc_query);
?$text_coupon_help = sprintf($coupon_desc['coupon_name']);
? ?$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left','text' => tep_draw_separator());
? ?$info_box_contents[] = array('align' => 'left','text' => '<table cellpadding="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr><td class="infoBoxContents">' . CART_COUPON . $text_coupon_help . '<br>' . '<a href="javascript:couponpopupWindow(\'' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_COUPON_HELP, 'cID=' . $cc_id) . '\')">' . CART_COUPON_INFO . '</a>' . '</td></tr></table>');

-Christian

You cannot use a % sign in the coupon name with this code or it will not display, can you suggest a work around? Thanks!

Edited by homewetbar

Also Purchased (AP) Preselection (cuts this resource hogging query down to nothing) -- Contribution 3294

Hi,

I am having an issue with something that I hope someone can help me with.

I have made some changes on my checkout confirmation page (moving things around) and need to display the subtotal seperate from tax, and total.

Right now the code calling the order total info is:

<?php
                            if (MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_INSTALLED) {
                            $order_total_modules->process();
                            echo $order_total_modules->output();
                            }
                       ?>

It is displaying the following info now:

Shipping Amount (I turned this off in admin)

Subtotal

Tax

Total

And I want to seperate Subtotal and move it up above some other code.

Let me know if anyone can tell me how to do this.

Thanks!!

Craig

I've been working on installing this all day and I've got most of it ready but I encountered a strange error that affects everyone I would think.

If you are paying with paypal: when you redeem your voucher and if your voucher is more than the purchase less tax it sends you to paypal and puts a negative amount due, no big deal. Now here is the catch 22, if your tax + item adds up to more than the gift voucher but your item is less than the gift voucher amount it sends you to paypal saying you owe a negative amount but really you owe for tax so you cannot complete payment!

Any ideas on a fix?

Hello --

I am trying to put up purchasable gift vouchers on my site for the first time, and I did this per the install instructions. However, when I do a test purchase, the GV never shows up anywhere after purchase. Get regular "Order Process" email, but never receive an email with a code in it (not sure if this should happen or cart should update). Nothing showing in Queue.

Haven't seen anything else on this when searching forums.

I would appreciate any suggestions!

Wendy

--created product

--gave it model # beginning with "GIFT"

--everything else installed & has been running properly for some time . . .

I seem to be having a problem with PayPal as well (v1.0 or v1.1) it goes fine to paypal and you can complete your payment, and I've installed the paypal mod, but it does not change the status like it used to from paypal "ipn processing" to "pending" after they successfully complete the sale.

Has anyone else been able to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance!

I've installed this contribution, version 5.10, with OSC 2.2 ms2. Everything works in good order, except for a nagging problem. When setting up the discount coupons, I've entered the a list of valid categories of products that can receive the coupon. Problem is, if any product in those categories has options (i.e. an item of clothing with different sizes, or a video with VHS and DVD as options for purchase) when the product goes into the cart, the module isn't recognising it as part of the categories listed, and as such, it isn't applying the discount at all. I've tried entering the product individually in the products list, and entering the product along with the selection option (i.e. 396{9}36 instead of just 396). It is still not working.

I've verified it with other products in the same category that have no options, and the discount applies to them correctly.

The client is suggesting making one full "product" per option so the discount works. Needless to say, I think this is madness, and will generate lots of unnecessary work in the future.

Questions then, has anybody else found this problem, and more importantly, has anybody actually solved it, or know of a solution?

Thank you!

I figured out how to call the subtotal seperately by using the following code:

<?php echo $currencies->format($cart->show_total()); ?>

Now I need to know how to do something else. In checkout_process I am trying to rearange everything to make it look better. One thing I am doing is listing products first, then a subtotal, then shipping type with cost to the right (managed to do all of this without problems) and then display the total "blob" with credits, tax, total. I have been able to do everything I wanted to except there is one issue:

In order to only have the shipping cost listed next to shipping type (in my new arrangement) I turned off "display shipping cost" in the order_total admin. This works great in the checkout but then when you look at orders in the admin the shipping is not there (because I turned it off : )

I cannot figure out how to get around this. Is there a way to maybe create another function in the order_total class that would return everything that "$order_total_modules->output()" does EXCEPT shipping?

I know there is some PHP genius out there that knows how to do this! Flex your muscle and show me how! : )

Craig

Hi ,

I have upgraded the Paypal IPN to 3.1.2 and using together with CCGV 5.11.

If i use Paypal for buying a Gift Voucher, i found that "Order No" is always show to "0" but not the real order number in Gift Voucher Release Queue of Admin.

Any one have this problem and any idea to solve it?

Thanks,

Anita. :(

Welcome to vist my Site:

Anita.

Update: the search function for each topic is a blessing.

I found the solution to my problem, and everything is working fine. Just for the record, the solution can be found in this post

I've done preliminary testing; it works: products in the category listing have discounts applied whether or not they have attributes, products outside of the allowed listing do not get discounts.

Thank you anyway.

I installed this contribution a few days ago, and of course made a backup of everything, with it being such a large install... It doesn't seem to be working right, and I'm only testing the first of the features I decided to test, which was emailing a Gift Voucher and redeeming it from the email... I haven't even moved past that step yet, to see if everything else is working (though I did have some other problems with something in my shipping module spitting out an error saying i couldn't redefine the cod class when i was trying to checkout)...

So anyways, the version of this contribution that i went with was the Feb. 4, 2005 release of it, called "The final" by Kayode Muyibi... well, it had some parse errors in the gv_redeem.php file in the catalog root that I tried to fix, but when i nailed those, and clicked the link from the email i sent myself to redeem a test voucher, the page just loaded blank... at that point, i decided i would paste in one of the newer versions of gv_redeem that was supposed to fix the sql injection that this version was prone to, and even that file had some errors in it, namely the fact that it made the precompiler exit from php mode (?>) and then had sections of code commented in php style that output in the web page, and when i fixed that, it had a parse error that i had to fix... also the layout wasn't correct for lining up the column_right along the right side of the window, it was missing an additional <table> element, and once i got all of that taken care of, now it seems to be reading every test voucher i redeem as $0...

Now I'm an awesome debugger when it comes to C, and as such, most of that has transferred directly over to php since they're so similar... but, since this is such a large contribution, and i'm not exactly sure what the interface is supposed to look like when it *is* working properly, it's hard for me to know where to look to debug, and when i read through the gv_redeem.php file itself, it almost looks like it was meant to be part of the installation instructions about where to put different sections of code if you were manually splicing this into your store (every section of code begins with something like: create_account.php, before *this*, add *this*, followed by a code chunk), and it all just got combined into 1 file... it also appears that some of those code chunks are repeated, though i haven't read them in enough detail to determine that they're identical yet...

can anyone point me to a stable release of this contribution? I think i'd rather start over w/ the install from my last snapshot and add the various tweaks and bug fixes since that release, than try to debug this when i'm not even sure how it's supposed to behave when it's actually working right... i really would like to have this functionality in my store, however... also, if any of you out there are using this release and/or have had the same kinds of problems i'm having, if you have some light to shed on my situation, i would appreciate it, thanks :)

Richard Lindsey

i have a fresh install of 2.2 MS2 and tried installing this but get the following errors:

Warning: main(includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bower515/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php on line 302

Warning: main(includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bower515/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php on line 302

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/bower515/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english.php on line 302

everything's in place so I'm just at a loss at this point. any thoughts?

webtrek, I tried this and still no luck. The discount that I apply to my order is doubled once I get to PayPal, thus I see a negative number for the order total. Which PayPal module are you using - the one contributed by devosc or the osC team? I'm using the former.

Maybe the problem is in my sort order for the order total module. Can you share with me how you have yours set up? Thanks in advance.

Here is what I have, sorry It took so long, I didn't see your post,

Sub-Total 1

Discount Coupons 2

Tax 3

Shipping 4

Gift Vouchers 5

Total 50

and I get this in Payment/order Confirmation:

Sub-Total: $208.00

(Free Shipping)Shipping: $0.00

Gift Vouchers: $130.00

Total: $78.00

And $78.00 due once you hit Paypal.....all is as it should be

Webtrek,

I see you have numbers beside each item (total, tax, etc). Is that to order them? How can I change the order of mine?

I am actually trying to remove one entry in order_confirmation (but not anywhere else), can you help?

Craig

Webtrek,

I see you have numbers beside each item (total, tax, etc). Is that to order them? How can I change the order of mine?

The numbers are the sort order as you figured out. To change your sort order go to your online administrative tool: ADMIN/MODULES/ORDER TOTAL and adjust the order accordingly. If you need it, shoot me an email and I will send you a screenshot of my setup.

I am actually trying to remove one entry in order_confirmation (but not anywhere else), can you help?

Craig

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do here? Which entry are you trying to remove? and for what purpose......That might give me an idea of how to help....

The numbers are the sort order as you figured out. To change your sort order go to your online administrative tool: ADMIN/MODULES/ORDER TOTAL and adjust the order accordingly. If you need it, shoot me an email and I will send you a screenshot of my setup.

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do here? Which entry are you trying to remove? and for what purpose......That might give me an idea of how to help....

Here I added a screenshot:

ordertotal.gif

My coupon code works like a charm. But my shopping cart skips the checkout_shipping.php page.  I believe I may have the sort order wrong. Here is what I have:

Discount Coupons 740

Gift Vouchers 760

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Subtotal 1

Tax 0

Total 900

Did you ever find the answer for this problem. I have the same issue.

Thanks,

Steve

Webtrek,

I want to remove the shipping desc and amount from my total "blob".

In my order_confirmation page I have moved things around to make them look better as you can see below. I added the description of the shipping under "Shipping Method" and also put the price out to the right. I also added the subtotal under the items in the cart. Now I need to remove the shipping cost from in the total "blob". I know I can turn it off in the admin but when I do that it then no longer shows when looking at invoices or the order in the admin. That is bad because I DO need it there.

I can't figure out how to call everything BUT the shipping in the total "blob". I know I could probably call each other item seperately but I am not sure if that is a good thing to do as it may mess up calculations or something.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Craig

checkout.JPG

Edited by zboyblue