• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

hi guys sorry to cut into the conversation here, but i just finished the modification manually rather than just copy over as i have a few other mod there that i like to keep. thank god i back up.. but here is the error im getting and i already installed the mod through the mod section and created a test coupon

but when i go to the site im still getting this error, although half of the page do show and it load awefully slow..

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code() (previously declared in /home/virtual/site222/fst/var/www/html/estore/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php:36) in /home/virtual/site222/fst/var/www/html/estore/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php on line 36

also on the other note, when i create a test coupon and delete it after, im unable to re-create the coupon using the same code as it give me a error msg saying the coupon id already exist..

thanks for your help! :)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Everyone. I have been thinking about installing this contribution for a couple weeks now, but I have become hesitant to install. I have a few question that I hope can finally make me choose what to do.

Are there alot of problems with this contribution?

Once it has been installed, do you think it is a great contribution and worth the time to install it?

Thanks

TCwho

Yep, it was that easy...

or any other page you want ... I went back over directions from Ian:

* Add this line to the very end of catalog/includes/footer.php after the final ?> or any other HTML you have placed or find at the end of this file:

<!-- Visitors Start -->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'visitors_count.php'); ?>

<!-- Visitors End -->

@ TCwho

Well for me it's not a matter of it being a great contribution. It is a necessary confrib. There are some bugs. First the instructions for setting up the sort order are wrong (Atleast on my server they were) look back a couple of pages for the right sort orders.

I had a problem with it working with percent off coupons. They would show on the cart, but never deduct. Somewhere someone changed a couple of lines to fix one bug and made another. If percent off gives you trouble post back here I'll dig out that fix for you.

The installation documantation is very good if you follow it to the letter you will get the contrib installed and working, there WILL be bugs to swat. Don't even think of installing this in a live shop.

The configuration documentation could probably use another look. This thing is a bear to get dialed in.

Yep, it was that easy...

or any other page you want ... I went back over directions from Ian:

*  Add this line to the very end of catalog/includes/footer.php after the final ?> or any other HTML you have placed or find at the end of this file:

<!-- Visitors Start -->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'visitors_count.php'); ?>

<!-- Visitors End -->

Ooops! Sorry about this post above... I meant to post in another thread

@ TCwho

Well for me it's not a matter of it being a great contribution. It is a necessary confrib. There are some bugs. First the instructions for setting up the sort order are wrong (Atleast on my server they were) look back a couple of pages for the right sort orders.

I had a problem with it working with percent off coupons. They would show on the cart, but never deduct. Somewhere someone changed a couple of lines to fix one bug and made another.  If percent off gives you trouble post back here I'll dig out that fix for you.

The installation documantation is very good if you follow it to the letter you will get the contrib installed and working, there WILL be bugs to swat. Don't even think of installing this in a live shop.

The configuration documentation could probably use another look. This thing is a bear to get dialed in.

hey nerd3d, thanks for your reply.... you sort of confirmed my fears about this contribution... If I do install it, it will certainly be locally.

I have weight for my gift vouchers set to "0.00" and downloads enabled, but on checkout it still brings me to my shipping page.

FedEx does this:

Federal Express (1 x 0lbs)

USPS does this:

United States Postal Service (1 x 0.1lbs)

and UPS outputs this message:

United Parcel Service United Parcel Service

An error occured with the UPS shipping calculations.

The requested service is invalid from the selected origin.

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Help!!!

I have weight for my gift vouchers set to "0.00" and downloads enabled, but on checkout it still brings me to my shipping page.

FedEx does this:

Federal Express (1 x 0lbs)

USPS does this:

United States Postal Service (1 x 0.1lbs)

and UPS outputs this message:

United Parcel Service  United Parcel Service 

An error occured with the UPS shipping calculations.

The requested service is invalid from the selected origin.

If you prefer to use UPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

Help!!!

It seems as though enabling downloads is what caused this problem, which makes no sense. If downloads are on, the above happens. But if I set downloads to "false", everything works fine. The directions clearly state to set downloads to "true". What's going on??

Ok,

Fixed the problem with the gift vouchers not appearing in the queue when using the PayPal IPN contribution :P  , please see:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,282

Cheers,

Al.

This still doesn't work for me, also this contrib doesn't acknowledge the order in 'orders' within the admin?

Strange

Hi All,

Does anyone else get a message if they attempt to use a discount coupon but the minimum order has not been reached?

e.g. if someone is trying to use a "?2 off your next order over ?10" coupon, but is spending only ?8, my store currently acts correctly by making no discount, but gives no message. :huh:

>> Have I broken the message or is it not there for everyone else too?

Anna

Subject: Per Product Sales Reports broken?

We have been using this mod successfully for a couple months now (figured out most of the bugs ourselves). But we have one major issue. When we run reports on our total sales, the amount is obviously correct. But when we report on sales PER PRODUCT, there is no way to report the totals correctly.

In other words, the coupons are verified per product, but applied per order. This is an issue for us because we are paying royalties to vendors for whom we are selling for. So if a customer buys 5 products, one of which has a coupon, we cannot report accurately for that one product - we'd lose money, especially since the coupons are usually pretty big.

So my question is - has anyone modified this contribution to perhaps store the modified price in an extra field or SOMETHING so that we can run reports and get the correct info? I personally am a bit shocked that the "final_price" field is not being used for this.

So any help would be _GREATLY_ appreciated.

Ok,

Fixed the problem with the gift vouchers not appearing in the queue when using the PayPal IPN contribution :P  , please see:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,282

Cheers,

Al.

I noticed this is for:

For those people wanting to use this contribution with: osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.0 For 2.2MS2.

how about for:

12 Jan 2005 - osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2

I have v1.1 however I have not installed cc&gv. I have just finished dl contribution and exploit fix after 5.11 release and saw your update for paypal ipn module 1.1

...just want to make sure as I have been told this is extensive install....

Feel Silly now.....

well just finished installing cc&gv .... and just compared update by Author: Allan Knabe : 27 Jan 2005 - PayPal IPN Update ... it is update for 12 Jan 2005 - osCommerce PayPal IPN Module v1.1 For 2.2MS2

Thank You Allan. Good Job! Now time for me to go and try out cc&gv and add some eye drops to my eyes. LOL

Hi Dehaw,

It sounds like you have a problem with your installation of the contrib, I suggest that you repeat the steps in case you missed anything.... The version is working correctly on my website, send me an email and I will activate the PayPal developers area so that you can test what it should look like...

Hi TCWho,

Glad I could help, I know the sore eye feeling very well... :blink:

Al.

Hi there,

Well I've done a search on this error, but haven't come up with anything. I know a lot of people have had it, but despite trying all of the things suggested, I'm still getting problems.

I'm getting:

1146 - Table 'xxxx_osc3.TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

I don't know if it's linked or indicative of what I've done wrong, but the module is also showing up twice in the admin section (ie the Voucher/Coupons section on the bottom left under "Tools")...is that bad?

I need to go live soon, so any help is gratefully received!

cheers

Autumn

OMFG!!! I just found this thread, all 95 pages of it. Now, my shop is a highly modified shop, so to install it, I'm gonna have to modify every file individually, which is gonna take ages.

Now, before I go ahead and do this, could someone tell me if this module will allow you to do this:

I want to have it so when a customer buys 4 products from a single category, I want the customer to get one of them for free.

Is this possible with this module?

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

This means that you have not create the table called 'coupon_gv_customer.

Below is the query which you should run in mysql to make this table:

CREATE TABLE coupon_gv_customer (

customer_id int(5) NOT NULL default '0',

amount decimal(8,4) NOT NULL default '0.0000',

PRIMARY KEY  (customer_id),

KEY customer_id (customer_id)

) TYPE=MyISAM;

The query is there in the sql file. Use a good tool such as phpmyadmin to add this table.

I don't know if it's linked or indicative of what I've done wrong, but the module is also showing up twice in the admin section (ie the Voucher/Coupons section on the bottom left under "Tools")...is that bad?

It indicates that you have pasted the code used to print the button twice. I haven't looked at the code so can't say anything surely. Check out admin/coupon_admin.php file.

Irfan,

This means that you have not create the table called 'coupon_gv_customer.

Below is the query which you should run in mysql to make this table:

The query is there in the sql file. Use a good tool such as phpmyadmin to add this table.

It indicates that you have pasted the code used to print the button twice. I haven't looked at the code so can't say anything surely. Check out  admin/coupon_admin.php file.

Well I had run the SQL wotsit and it appears that the table was there. However, I tried deleting it and running that code again and no dice. This is very frustrating!

I even tried un-installing the module, but still that error!

Hi Autumn,

means you haven't added files:

admin/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php or

includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php

or

you haven't added the references to them needed in:

admin/includes/application_top.php or

includes/application_top.php

(You see it says TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER doesn't exist, not coupon_gv_customer doesn't exist. So you have the table - it just doesn't know its real name until you add those bits above.)

Hope that helps!

Anna

I want to have it so when a customer buys 4 products from a single category, I want the customer to get one of them for free.

Is this possible with this module?

Not as far as I can tell sorry!

If you find a way to do this easily (also a heavily modified store) let me know !

Anna

Hi Autumn,

means you haven't added files:

admin/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php or

includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php

or

you haven't added the references to them needed in:

admin/includes/application_top.php or

includes/application_top.php

(You see it says TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER doesn't exist, not coupon_gv_customer doesn't exist.  So you have the table - it just doesn't know its real name until you add those bits above.)

Hope that helps!

Anna

Woo! Thanks Anna. I realised I'd pasted the wrong code into the includes\admin\application_top.php file!

I'm now feeling jubilant! Just have to fix the shipping module now!

Actually, ALL I need is the discount coupon addition. I hate to install/modify all this extra stuff do to things that I don't want. EVERYONE says this contrib. is the greatest, SO, is it possible for someone to separate the Discount Coupon part from the rest of the contribution and make a single contribution dedicated to a "Coupon Code" being entered somewhere in the checkout process?

As of right now, there is not a single contrib. for this single purpose.

If the "Coupon Code" part of this contribution is as great as everything I've read indicates, doesn't warrant being a contribution of its own?

ANYWAY, thats what I'm hoping for.

Its my understanding that the voucher actually changes the "account balance" while a coupon code changes the product price, 2 separate things. By having these 2 separate things combined into 1 contrib. you inevitably make some people install unnecessary things.

I just wish there was a separate contrib. dedicated to JUST entering a coupon code somewhere in the checkout process. This single specialized contrib. would be smaller and require less changes/mods/additions and would be much easier for n00bz like me.