osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see anybody answer this - but just to verify, don't put in the "$" sign into the amount field, or you'll always get $0.00. Just put in the number. (I know I had that problem the first few times I tested it and was baffled.)  :P

Jacob

That did it! I can't believe it was that simple!!!

Does anyone have instructions to upgrade from 5.10 to 5.11? I'd start of a vanilla install of OSC, but I have quite a bit of modification in my store. Would BeyoneCompare probably be my best bet?

I want to know if its possible to add a module that can give codes for a buy one get one free or get one half off, etc kind od promotions. Is there a seperate contribution that does it this or do i have to code it. Is it even possible to do with ccgv? Also I havent installed ccgv, but can someone explain how the promotional codes work. Where they get entered and how they update the prices? And are there any known issues with authorize.net and this module?

Thanks

Danny

I am setting up an os site for a client of mine that sells "real" (hard plastic kind :))

gift cards. I've read the install.html file and some posts here in this forum but I get the sinking feeling that I'm going to have to create a custom module that will support his gift cards. Has anyone else set up a store that sold "real" gift cards using this contribution?

Thanks-

Lisa

"You can't be a smart cookie if you have a crummy attitude." - John Maxwell

I am setting up an os site for a client of mine that sells "real" (hard plastic kind :))

gift cards.  I've read the install.html file and some posts here in this forum but I get the sinking feeling that I'm going to have to create a custom module that will support his gift cards.  Has anyone else set up a store that sold "real" gift cards using this contribution?

Thanks-

Lisa

Lisa,

If your client sells 'real' gift cards, then will they be mailed to the customer? If so, wouldn't they be purchased just like a normal product? You could use attributes to designate demonination of the cards, unless your client wants a customer to be able to purchase a gift card for any arbitrary amount. (e.g. The product is "Best Buy Gift Card" and the attribute says "Amount:" with a drop down that has $10, $25, $50, $100, etc).

Or maybe I'm totally misunderstanding and your client sells hard plastic cards to their own store and for whatever reason wants to mail the online customer a tangible giftcard to be used on the same site it was purchased from? That seems like it would unneccessarily eat into profits, but that's just MHO.

Jacob

I've gone through all 91 pages now :wacko: and I've seen a few people post similar questions, but I don't think any of them were fully answered.

Im using 5.11 and MS2. Payment modules installed are CC and Paypal (stock OSC version).

Here's my problems:

1. When the voucher balance covers the order total it still wants me to select a payment method - as if credit_covers isn't being calculated properly.

2. If you select Paypal it checks out then goes to the Paypal page with a negative value equal to the shipping charge to be paid.

I've got my order totals sorted out as per the numerous posts on the matter, but seem to stuck at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Lisa,

If your client sells 'real' gift cards, then will they be mailed to the customer? If so, wouldn't they be purchased just like a normal product? You could use attributes to designate demonination of the cards, unless your client wants a customer to be able to purchase a gift card for any arbitrary amount. (e.g. The product is "Best Buy Gift Card" and the attribute says "Amount:" with a drop down that has $10, $25, $50, $100, etc).

Or maybe I'm totally misunderstanding and your client sells hard plastic cards to their own store and for whatever reason wants to mail the online customer a tangible giftcard to be used on the same site it was purchased from? That seems like it would unneccessarily eat into profits, but that's just MHO.

Jacob

Jacob-

Yes, the 'real' gift cards will be mailed to the customer. I believe he may have already gotten the gift card program started a few months ago (he has an Ebay store). I don't know if they are fixed or arbitrary amounts. If we sell them as a "regular" product - will the gift card balance show up under the customer's account? I got the impression that it would not.

Here's a scenario for you:

A customer calls on the phone and wants to purchase gift card via the phone. Let's assume this customer is purchasing this card as a gift for someone. The person who receives the gift intends to buy online so we need to be able to accomodate both 'real' and virtual cards, right? If this customer who used his 'real' gift card was so impressed with the product and quality of the site that he decided to purchase a gift card online. Hence, he downloads a virtual card.

How often will this happen? Probably not too often. But can this module support both 'real' and 'virtual' cards?

If my client keeps the 'real' cards - can the database table accomodate the card numbers and balances via PHPMyAdmin? I'm not sure what the best way is to handle this.

I welcome any comments by those who have some experience with this module.

Happy New Year!

Jacob-

If my client keeps the 'real' cards - can the database table accomodate the card numbers and balances via PHPMyAdmin?  I'm not sure what the best way is to handle this.

I welcome any comments by those who have some experience with this module.

Happy New Year!

Hi! One time-consuming workaround for this might be to email the customer a gift voucher, then write the code on the plastic card and mail it. That way it can be only redeemed once, but the same code is on both.

Hope that helps,

Susan

I've gone through all 91 pages now  :wacko: and I've seen a few people post similar questions, but I don't think any of them were fully answered.

Im using 5.11 and MS2. Payment modules installed are CC and Paypal (stock OSC version).

Here's my problems:

1. When the voucher balance covers the order total it still wants me to select a payment method - as if credit_covers isn't being calculated properly.

2. If you select Paypal it checks out then goes to the Paypal page with a negative value equal to the shipping charge to be paid.

I've got my order totals sorted out as per the numerous posts on the matter, but seem to stuck at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

I read the same 91 pages and the .html file included with the gift voucher module and still haven't found a clear answer to your question, ... if the gift voucher covers the total order, is it possible to NOT choose a payment method and rely solely on the gift voucher for payment?

Dearest oscommerce contributors,

PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP with the coupon system.

I have installed everything and it is working great!. Great Job!!!!

I just have one problem. The amount that gets charged is full price, without the discount. The discount is shown on checkout_confirmation.php But the full price is visable in the form code of that page that gets submitted to the payment gateway.

i am using bank of america merchant.

Again, PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP.

I have been working on this for the past month and cannot get it to work. Any help or comments are greatly appreciated.

PS. PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP PLEASE HELP.

I just put this in today and I had a few problems (my fault) that I took care of and it seemed to be working so I sent myself a gv and went through the process of redeeming it etc.

It appears to be working fine except: when I get to the end of the checkout process it simply doesn't apply the gv to the order total (neither does it reduce the gv total which is a good thing I guess). I tried using the link and simply inputting the gv number and while both will tell me I've successfully redeemed my gv I get the same end result (it doesn't get applied to the total). I haven't tried the coupon end of it yet as I'd like to get this figured out first. Any suggestions?

Queue is set to 'false' and my sort order follows:

Discount Coupons 3

Customer Discount

Gift Vouchers 4

Low Order Fee

Quantity Discount 5

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax

Total 6

I just put this in today and I had a few problems (my fault) that I took care of and it seemed to be working so I sent myself a gv and went through the process of redeeming it etc.

It appears to be working fine except: when I get to the end of the checkout process it simply doesn't apply the gv to the order total (neither does it reduce the gv total which is a good thing I guess). I tried using the link and simply inputting the gv number and while both will tell me I've successfully redeemed my gv I get the same end result (it doesn't get applied to the total). I haven't tried the coupon end of it yet as I'd like to get this figured out first. Any suggestions?

Queue is set to 'false' and my sort order follows:

Discount Coupons  3 

Customer Discount 

Gift Vouchers              4 

Low Order Fee             

Quantity Discount    5   

Shipping                2     

Sub-Total                1     

Tax                           

Total                          6

Mine looks to be fixed- there was a section in includes/shopping_cart that didn't have 'ICW' (just designated as 'Credit Class Amendment' instead) in it but I found it using Beyond Compare and once I copied it over seems to be working fine. Now to try out the coupons!

Hi! One time-consuming workaround for this might be to email the customer a gift voucher, then write the code on the plastic card and mail it. That way it can be only redeemed once, but the same code is on both.

Hope that helps,

Susan

Thanks Susan - it is an option I had not thought of. I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Jacob-

Yes, the 'real' gift cards will be mailed to the customer.  I believe he may have already gotten the gift card program started a few months ago (he has an Ebay store).  I don't know if they are fixed or arbitrary amounts.  If we sell them as a "regular" product - will the gift card balance show up under the customer's account?  I got the impression that it would not.

Here's a scenario for you:

A customer calls on the phone and wants to purchase gift card via the phone.  Let's assume this customer is purchasing this card as a gift for someone.  The person who receives the gift intends to buy online so we need to be able to accomodate both 'real' and virtual cards, right?  If this customer who used his 'real' gift card was so impressed with the product and quality of the site that he decided to purchase a gift card online.  Hence, he downloads a virtual card.

How often will this happen?  Probably not too often.  But can this module support both 'real' and 'virtual' cards?

If my client keeps the 'real' cards - can the database table accomodate the card numbers and balances via PHPMyAdmin?  I'm not sure what the best way is to handle this.

The module doesn't know the difference between "real" or "virtual", etc - it's just numbers to it :)

If you sell them as a "regular" product, yes, the gift card balance appears in the purchasor's Gift Voucher Bank or whatever it is called (I changed the name of it and can't remember the default.) The purchasor can then forward that gift card balance on to a friend, etc in the form of an email. You can even set it up so that you have to authorize the gift card - so the person purchases the card and then in the admin you have to "ok" the amount to be credited to their GC Bank. The requirement is in the instructions - that you have to use GIFT in the beginning of the model number of the "product" for your gift card. e.g. GiFT25, GIFT100, etc.

Basically, with your scenario, you will just need to design a workflow around how the system works - so if a customer calls and orders a "real" gift card that you will mail them in plastic form, then you need to generate that number in the backend admin (through the email a GV interface) - so you could either set that up to email the number to yourself, or you could tell it to email the purchasor so they have the code as a backup to the plastic getting lost in the mail, etc.

Then just print the code however you would on the tangible card, and mail that out. If the person who received the card wants to purchase additional gift cards for their friends, they can do so at the store, virtually, which would put the amount in their GC Bank, able to be sent out the friends as a gift, or tangibly, forcing you to go through the whole process of printing the number and mailing it out.

The step-by-step of the module is a bit convoluted in my eyes (if you receive a GC and want to buy something, you technically put the amount of the GC in your GC Bank, and then have to click the checkbox to utilize those funds for your purchase), but the one nice factor is that it makes it super easy for people to pass on GC funds from friend to friend, which could, in theory, expand your customer list through word-of-mouth with just a few clicks. Be sure to setup all of those automated emails so they look pretty! ;)

Hopefully this gives you a little more insight into the module... hopefully... :-"

Jacob

I've gone through all 91 pages now  :wacko: and I've seen a few people post similar questions, but I don't think any of them were fully answered.

Here's my problems:

Cheers

I think I have a fix for this issue, but it needs a bit of community help to test in all scenarios.

Basically, I've been looking at how the javascript validation checks the form to see if a payment method has been selected. Obviously, if the voucher balance covers the order total then you should not need to choose credit card, for example.

My PHP skills are probably way behind those of many forum members so please free to rip my fix apart :thumbsup:

In /includes/classes/payment.php on line 110 you will find:

$js .= "\n" . ' if (payment_value == null && submitter != 1) {' . "\n" . // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher System

I have changed this to:

$js .= "\n" . ' if (payment_value == null && credit_covers="false") {' . "\n" . // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher System

This seems to have done the trick in the limited testing I have carried out. Like I say, I would appreciate some feedback from other users on this.

I have no idea if this will work with live payment gateways as mine is still in development, but early indications look quite positive. I've also run it with voucher balances less than the order total and the amount payable seems to be calculated correctly.

The only problem I have seen so far is that when you click redeem or confirm and look in the bottom left corner of the browser (IE users) you will see a page error warning triangle briefly appear. I have tracked this down to line 73, which is:

$GLOBALS[$this->selected_module]->update_status();

I'm not sure why this is, and does not seem to affect functionality. Perhaps some PHP guru could shed some light?

I hope this helps the 5 or 6 people who posted about this issue and didn't get any help :D

Ok

I try to fallow all the installation instructions;

I uploaded all the files in my clean osc 2.2 ms2

After that I uploaded the sql file in my phpadmin, and everything looks good.

But in my admin panel appears BOX HEADING GV ADMIN however when I make click on it apearr the error 404 /q/admin/FILENAME_COUPON_ADMIN was not found on this server.

Other concern is that when I edit the files, ie:

24) catalog/includes/languages/english.php (EDIT)

Add the following line to the end of the file just before the closing ?> tag

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'add_ccgvdc_english.php'); // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Addittion

And so on

Suddenly appears at the store header and at the admin panel the falowing.

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'add_ccgvdc_english.php'); // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Addittion require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_ccgvdc_application_top.php'); // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Addittion

what am I doing wrong.

Ok

I try to fallow all the installation instructions;

I uploaded all the files in my clean osc 2.2 ms2

After that I uploaded the sql file in my phpadmin, and everything looks good.

But in my admin panel appears BOX HEADING GV ADMIN however when I make click on it apearr the error 404 /q/admin/FILENAME_COUPON_ADMIN was not found on this server.

Other concern is that when I edit the files, ie:

24) catalog/includes/languages/english.php (EDIT)

Add the following line to the end of the file just before the closing ?> tag

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'add_ccgvdc_english.php'); // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Addittion

And so on

Suddenly appears at the store header and at the admin panel the falowing.

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . 'add_ccgvdc_english.php'); // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Addittion require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_ccgvdc_application_top.php'); // ICW CREDIT CLASS Gift Voucher Addittion

what am I doing wrong.

Looks like some files were not uploaded, or uploaded to the wrong folder. When I installed this I mixed up some of the files for the Admin section and put them in catalog. Watch the folde paths carefully!

I'm able to redeem Gift Vouchers and even send them to somebody else. But I can't get them to actually come off the order. The amount available shows in the cart, but it never gets applied to the order.

If the order is for $5.00 and I have $10 worth of discount I don't think payment options should be showing... They do. The credit amount is not taken off the payment (It gets sent to the gateway at the full amount) The voucher balance is not reduced after checkout.

My Order Total settings...

Discount Coupons 740

Gift Vouchers 9

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax (No tax settings)

Total 900

Installed MODs... Download Controller w/ free charger and free shipper. I tried simply the "easy" install, replacing all the changed files. Didn't work that way either. It must be a setting I over looked. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I should add that, and since I can't edit my post for some mysterious reason, I'll respond to my self.

Coupons work fine. It's only the gift vouchers that don't work. I think there's supposed to be a check box on the payment page that is not displayed. I can't figure out where it's called from and why it does not show.

Here's my problems:

Cheers

I have the same problems.

I added 2 products $5.49 and $19.99 from category A and B in my cart, had shipping charges = $3.50 and tax = $2.10

Total = 31.08

I issued myself with a "discount coupon" for 31.05 and redeemed it. When I confirmed the order and was forwarded to the Paypal, it showed that I had to pay "-3.47" that is my shipping cost - the balance I had to pay "$0.03"

Moreover I assigned the discount coupon to category A and it should have given discount only on $5.49 and not $19.99.

Gift Voucher also have weird problems, where I sent a GV worth $10.00 to a customer, he redeemed it and it showed that he has the amount credited but couldn't use it, instead it had a link to send it to someone else.

A few weeks back I also created a GV worth $20.00 and bought it and sent $10.00 to another email address. Later I checked that the other person got $10.00 and I still had $20.00 with me.

Does anybody has this whole contrib working fine for them? then please upload all the files as it is too confusing and one doesn't know which package to download.

I have the same problems.

I added 2 products $5.49 and $19.99  from category A and B in my cart, had shipping charges = $3.50 and tax = $2.10

Total = 31.08

I issued myself with a "discount coupon" for 31.05 and redeemed it. When I confirmed the order and was forwarded to the Paypal, it showed that I had to pay "-3.47" that is my shipping cost - the balance I had to pay "$0.03"

Moreover I assigned the discount coupon to category A and it should have given discount only on $5.49 and not $19.99.

Gift Voucher also have weird problems, where I sent a GV worth $10.00 to a customer, he redeemed it and it showed that he has the amount credited but couldn't use it, instead it had a link to send it to someone else.

A few weeks back I also created a GV worth $20.00 and bought it and sent $10.00 to another email address. Later I checked that the other person got $10.00 and I still had $20.00 with me.

Does anybody has this whole contrib working fine for them? then please upload all the files as it is too confusing and one doesn't know which package to download.

In your payment page do you get the check box to redeem the gift vouchers. I believe it should be right above the "Redeem" button. That little goodie will not show up on my site. I've spent hours trying to unwind the 1000 mile of spagetti that the credit_selection function is made out of. The thing calls it's self and I can't figure out why. When it does it blows out it's own variables. I wish I knew what author was trying to do.

Edited by nerd3d

In your payment page do you get the check box to redeem the gift vouchers. I believe it should be right above the "Redeem" button. That little goodie will not show up on my site. I've spent hours trying to unwind the 1000 mile of spagetti that the credit_selection function is made out of. The thing calls it's self and I can't figure out why. When it does it blows out it's own variables. I wish I knew what author was trying to do.

No :huh: & I didn't even know about that. It is possible that I have an old version as the download section was too confusing.

I just see "Enter Redeem Code" an input box for inputting the code and the Redeem button.

Thanks for replying