The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello there,

I have a big problem: if a customer is buying only buying gift vouchers he cannot check out: after clicking to send the order, he is redirected to the checkout_payment site. Nothing happens - no order is done and so on. I searched this forum, but found only stewart yesterday to have the same problem.

Please help fast - it is christmas time and gift-time!

Sue

for shipping not to be charged you must have downloads enabled and the weight of the voucher must be zero

Mibble.

I have a zero weight and I have enabled downloads.

Enable download

true

Download by redirect

false

?

Expiry delay (days)

?

Maximum number of downloads

I use a modified Table rate module for shipping. I chose the SMC shipping module which is based on sip codes and percentage rates by amount of purchase.

Here is an example.

25:9.00,499:13%,999999:5%

This could be my problem. But let me just ask.

Is there anything I might not know about creating a virtual product?

I just use the admin catalog to create my gift voucher.

Why are downloads enabled. My gift voucher is not downloaded it is chosen from categories gift voucher and added to the cart.

Lee

A mod which may help someone. I wanted to make it easier to track vouchers vs orders, so i'm showing order numbers in Admin > Customers > Orders and in Admin > Vouchers/Coupons > Coupon Admin > Report. Quick & dirty, not multi-language but we only have English in admin.

1) In /admin/coupon_admin.php:

Under the section case 'voucherreport':

Find these:

<tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo CUSTOMER_ID; ?></td>

Add this right below them:

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent">Order #</td>

And a little further down, where the rows are written out, find:

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo $cc_list['customer_id']; ?></td>

Add this under it:

<td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo $cc_list['order_id']; ?></td>

2) in admin/orders.php

In the section with:

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS; ?></td>

Add a row between those two like this:

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent">#</td>

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent"><?php echo TABLE_HEADING_CUSTOMERS; ?></td>

A little further down, where the rows are written out, find the line starting with:

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('oID'

And add a line above it like this:

<td class="dataTableContent"><?php echo $orders['orders_id'];?></td>

HTH. We needed to ease matching of vouchers to orders & this helps.

Hi,

I am really concerned that my post is ignored :sweating: so I am posting it again (please forgive me!!)

I have a big problem: if a customer is buying only gift vouchers he cannot check out: after clicking to send the order, he is redirected to the checkout_payment site. Nothing happens - no order is done or anything else. I searched this forum, but found only stewart yesterday to have the same problem.

Please help fast - it is christmas time and gift-time!

Sue

double check your checkout_shipping.php as that is where it is all determined for virtual products shipping

Okay I found that section and it looks like this:

// if the order contains only virtual products, forward the customer to the billing page as

// a shipping address is not needed

if ($order->content_type == 'virtual') {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');

$shipping = false;

$sendto = false;

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

}

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();

$total_count = $cart->count_contents();

I have a question here.

Are the shipping and sendto with the right value. I don't have a clue but thought maybe someone could point out if they are wrong for getting my vouchers to not be charged shipping.

Second. How exactly do you make a virtual product as in if ($order->content_type =='virtual')

I see nothing in the catalog section of admin that allows you to set the product up as virtual. Am I missing something in my set up of the GIFT vouchers?

Lee

OKay...After searching 30 plus some pages. I am getting frustrated. Probably for some reason on my part. The voucher area works great. No problems with that. The problem I am having is with the discount code. I set up a code for a discount. It is for a certain percentage off. No big deal. It works for some items and multiplies the discount for some others giving them an even bigger discount. Can so I cannot even say it is giving a flat percentage to any one person.

Hi,

you said, I set up a code. I realy urgently need the folowwing information.

Is it possible to set up any code you want manual?

I need this info because i did not yet installed this contribution bit need 1 discount code that can be use unlimited times. I need to publish this in an 100,000 readers magazine and the deadline of this paper magazine is shortly. After the deadline i can install this contribution but as made clear (I hope) i need a code now!

Keesjan

I have a version of this contib installed.

1) How can I tell which version I have? I may need an upgrade.

2) When I try to send a $10 gift voucher, the amount received by the customer is $0.00. The amount in the gv Queue is $0.00

3) my 15% off $20 or more coupon shows in gv queue every time it is sent. Why?

4) Is it possible to stack coupons?

Thanks!

I'm having exactly the same problem.

I'm using the latest FEDEX module and CanadaPost.

I noticed when I mixed virtual( GV's) and non virtual items, just adding the the GV would change the shipping amount.

The funny thing about that was... it wouldn't change it if the GV was 25$

anything higher or multiples would increase the shipping by about $1 in both the fedex and canadapost modules.

I'm wondering if it has something to do with the way the shipping is being calculated... I noticed that the items in the shipping quote... if I added a virtual item, would increase the item count in the shipping. I made one change in the code to fix that problem, yet I still wonder if the increased value of the oder total is causing the shipping to change.

Here's the change:

checkout_shipping.php

I added this:

$total_count = $cart->count_contents_virtual(); //ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

That reduced my count... and if i look at the debugs from fedex and canadapost, I can see what's being sent to get the quote. Neither show an increase in weight.

So, I'm wondering if it's in the order total.

I'm hoping someone comes up with a possible fix for this problem.

As for setting up a gift certificate.... there's no button. It's in the model number you use. It's looking for GIFT in the model number to determine if it's virtual or not.

// if the order contains only virtual products, forward the customer to the billing page as

? if ($order->content_type == 'virtual') {

? ? if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');

? ? $shipping = false;

? ? $sendto = false;

? ? tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

? }

? $total_weight = $cart->show_weight();

? $total_count = $cart->count_contents();

I have a question here.

Are the shipping and sendto with the right value.? I don't have a clue but thought maybe someone could point out if they are wrong for getting my vouchers to not be charged shipping.

Second.? How exactly do you make a virtual product as in if ($order->content_type =='virtual')

I see nothing in the catalog section of admin that allows you to set the product up as virtual.? Am I missing something in my set up of the GIFT vouchers?

Lee

Edited by jonathn

Error on fresh install. I get this error when I click on the gift voucher system

I had the gift coucher system working when I was using previous version of MYSQL

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '-20, 20' at line 1

select coupon_id, coupon_code, coupon_amount, coupon_type, coupon_start_date,coupon_expire_date,uses_per_user,uses_per_coupon,restrict_to_p

roducts, restrict_to_categories, date_created,date_modified from coupons where coupon_active='Y' and coupon_type != 'G' limit -20, 20

Thanks!

KM

I have installed CCGV 5.10c (with bug fix) into MS2 2.2. I have discovered two issues with the installation.

1) If a gift voucher is purchased singularly, no shipping is charged, but then the customer cannot chekout. The customer is constantly redircted to the Payment Information page (checkout_payment.php) at the final step. No purchase confirmation. Nothing gets charged, no email sent, no reported errors, etc.

2) If a gift voucher is purchased with other products, then shipping is charged for the voucher, but checkout proceeds smoothly.

<snip>

Using the SEC version of osc 2.2 MS2, I had the same problem -- being returned to payment page from order confirmation. It seems to have been the session_unregister statements used in this contrib conflicted with the session_unregister statements in Linda's SEC -- the payment process works since I've removed the following:

from checkout_payment.php

// if we have been here before and are coming back get rid of the credit covers variable

if(tep_session_is_registered('credit_covers')) tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');  //ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

This may only apply to the SEC version of oscommerce but looking for duplication may help.

Shipping is also working...

downloads enabled

free shipping installed and set to true

GIFT model items with 0 weight

Maureen

I have a question I have been using this for a while and so far it is great! I had a prblem the other day where the discount coupon amount was added instead of deducted but only on the invoice?? The emails were correct and the order shown in amdin was correct. Any ideas how to fix it? thanks!

I am using osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 I found the page of contributions http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,coupons

, but it is totally out of control, when you go in there, and try and find the one you want to use, when they say fixes, bugs, errors, I forgot to include this file, and updated.

I have a US store, english speaking. What one do I download, that works.

I dowloaded one, and it says in the installation/readme

If you have a clean OSC 2.2 ms2 (dated mid July 2003) then you may just be able to copy files from the zip file directly to your osCommerce installation and after editing a couple of files be up and running.

But I have added mods to the store, so I cannot, just copy over the files. And the download does not include what needs to be changed.

Please advise.

Edited by spherica

I am using osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2  I found the page of contributions  http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,coupons

, but it is totally out of control, when you go in there, and try and find the one you want to use, when they say fixes, bugs, errors, I forgot to include this file, and updated.

I have a US store, english speaking. What one do I download, that works.

I dowloaded one, and it says in the installation/readme

But I have added mods to the store, so I cannot, just copy over the files. And the download does not include what needs to be changed.

Please advise.

spherica:

As stated in this thread earlier, the author will try to put a package together with the latest updates. Untill that time though, I have found that the following four "versions" of this great contrib are needed to make this work for me. Other versions would be required if any language other than english is desired.

With some trial and error, I have installed this contrib in this order:

1. 26 Jun 2004 - ccgv 510c

2. 11 Jul 2004 - Credit Class & Gift Voucher

3. 4 Sep 2004 - CCGV bug fix

4. 18 Nov 2004 - Class creates a TAX problem

Mind you, only the first verion was the intial install where most of the work is done. The other files only required a few lines of changes here and there. When I installed these four versions, I did it by using the program "Beyond Compare". This software is intuitive, and is easy use. It compares two files, and shows the differences.

You make only the indicated required changes to make this or any contribution, an integrated part of your store, if you do not have a clean install of osCommerce.

Read, understand and follow, the install or readme files that are included with each iteration mentioned above (or any contrib for that matter).

Hope this helps you, and others.

Stewart

ahhhhh, another beyond comparer! yes, it works so well i put it into my store! and also windows grep has proven invaluable, to search for whatever text you want to find in any directory. i work with over 50 web sites and it has been a life saver. actually both have been. now i just have to search for the code changes for bypassing submission of a cc if the voucher amount is higher than the balance due.

ATTENTION: There is a security flaw within a single file of the ccgv install. All versions I believe have this problem. I have uploaded securityflaw.zip which is

the contrib 10 Dec 2004 - security flaw within the contribution section. Though this sounds devestating, it is not on a file that will give lots of headaches but does need to be fixed.

to anyone concerned: please do not use maureen's fix stated above in this thread. Believe me it will mess quite a bit up for you.

helohelo: yes it is possible to setup a discount coupon to be used unlimited times and can be setup to be used unlimited times by the same person or just once.

hendrickson: sounds like you are running 5.10 I think the 0.00 was fixed in 5.10b .. No you can't stack discount coupons. The reason it is shown in the admin is just to let you know someone has it.

jonathn: it sounds like you have a tare weight setup in your shipping configuration. I think mibble explained this in a recent post

KieranMullen: What version of mysql are you using now and is it a beta version? Are you having any problems with lists of 20 or more products?

spherica: If you will look at the rest of the readme it will tell you exactly which files to modify. The modifications in the files are all setup where it as

//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM added to the side of a single line insert or has a begin and end statement. To install it by hand takes a good four hours for most people. Have some strong coffee and a bottle of champagne at the ready.

mibble: csdiff works very good also and is free.

Yes, I am working on the documentation of the new contrib and hopefully it will be out within the next week or two. Now don't tell anyone I said that because there is only 24 hours in a day and I am running on 28

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Actually, that wasn't what I was talking about, some of the contribution areas, have so many entries, what do you pick from.

There are so many, fixes, and "oops forgot this" bug found.

I think it would be nice if old and outdated entries could be deleted by the powers that be.

Sorry, off topic.

Thanks for the list Steward, going to setup a work space and try it out on a dummy store.

the part of knowing which is the right one to install, has been discussed many times and there is even a contribution guidelines however there are a few 'bad apples' out there who dont follow the guidelines, so i am hoping soon that there is a 'contribution moderation team' who polices that. the downside? people may say the heck with contributing. anyway, if everyone followed the rules it would be no problem.

<snip>

to anyone concerned: please do not use maureen's fix stated above in this thread. Believe me it will mess quite a bit up for you.

<snip>

Strider,

I know there is no official support for the SEC version of ocs2.2 MS2, but if there is a better way of fixing this problem maybe you can help. I've had no problems with this 'fix' - it was the only way I could get the checkout process to continue past the payment select page and from purchase to redeem, the gift voucher is working. If there are ramifications I am unaware of it would be helpful to know about and fixing this, properly, would be wonderful. B)

Can I post my checkout_payment code and have you take a look?

Maureen

I have a zero weight and I have enabled downloads.

Enable download

true

Download by redirect

false

?

Expiry delay (days)

?

Maximum number of downloads

I use a modified Table rate module for shipping.  I chose the SMC shipping module which is based on sip codes and percentage rates by amount of purchase.

Here is an example.

25:9.00,499:13%,999999:5%

This could be my problem.  But let me just ask.

Is there anything I might not know about creating a virtual product?

I just use the admin catalog to create my gift voucher.

Why are downloads enabled.  My gift voucher is not downloaded it is chosen from categories gift voucher and added to the cart.

I am still having this problem

if ($order->content_type == 'virtual') {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');

$shipping = false;

$sendto = false;

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

}

I have a question here.

Are the shipping and sendto with the right value.  I don't have a clue but thought maybe someone could point out if they are wrong for getting my vouchers to not be charged shipping.

Second.  How exactly do you make a virtual product as in if ($order->content_type =='virtual')

I see nothing in the catalog section of admin that allows you to set the product up as virtual.  Am I missing something in my set up of the GIFT vouchers?

Following up to see if maybe someone can come up with an answer.

Lee