• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

besheer: nope just one coupon at a time

_g_: percentages are done like 10% notice there are no spaces. please see earlier posts. you really should upgrade to 5.10b

blucollarguy: please read the install doc on creating a gv product ... on your other problems you might want to either reinstall or do a comparison of the files you are trying to run against 5.10b

wendys: please read earlier post on categories and discount coupons

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

besheer: nope just one coupon at a time

_g_: percentages are done like 10% notice there are no spaces. please see earlier posts. you really should upgrade to 5.10b

blucollarguy: please read the install doc on creating a gv product ... on your other problems you might want to either reinstall or do a comparison of the files you are trying to run against 5.10b

Okay, my stupidity. I'm not sure how I missed that. Thanks for the help. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

I'm not sure this was the best solution, but it worked for me. foe anyone who has had the error

ERROR!

Unable to determine the page link!

In the catalog/gv_send.php file I found several things that weren't "right". The thing that was causing this error was: from lines 191 to 194

<?php

$back = sizeof($navigation->path)-2;

?>

<td class="main"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link($navigation->path[$back]['page'], tep_array_to_string($navigation->path[$back]['get'], array('action')), $navigation->path[$back]['mode']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>

For some reason this did not work on any of the 3 test installations I did this week. When I replaced these lines with:

<?php

//  $back = sizeof($navigation->path)-2;

?>

<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_back.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BACK) . '</a>'; ?></td>

Everything works fine. I also found a bunch of quotes that aren't supposed to be there, like this:
<td><form action="<?php echo tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_SEND, 'action=send', 'NONSSL'); ?>" method="post"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

The quotes before the php tag should not be there technically. This often still works, but they should not be there. I removed all the extra quotes I could find, made the change I noted and I think it all works great now. This is such a great piece of work I really wanted to use it. Thanks for all the work you and many others have put into this Strider. Craig :)

Happy Coding!

Craig Garrison Sr

Anything worth having, is worth working for.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Catalog

3 Vendors, each category, "buy" a product from each category to see how MVS works during checkout.

Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1 Demo Admin

login: [email protected]

pass: mvs_demo

MVS Thread:

Multi-Vendor Shipping

My contribs:

Download Multi Vendor Shipping V1.1

Vendor Email

Vendor Info in easypopulate

EZ Price Updater

And more to come!

Thanks for the reply!

I was using it without spaces.

I dunno y the % isn't working with categories only but is working fine with the products....if no one has this problem then I would try upgrading to 5.10b I did a fresh instal for the CCGV yesterday but downloaded an old version :|

Thanks for your help

Strider,

Thanks for your reply.

I read some earlier posts regarding the category restriction and coupons. I think you mentioned in one post the coupon doesn't apply to product with attibute even though this product is in the valid category.

My situation is different. First, the produts I tried don't have attibutes. Second, when I restrict a coupon to a category, and if the customer picks products in that category and out of that category, the coupon applies to all products regardless of categories.

I did find another problem -- sometimes the redeemed portion of gift certificate is not properly deducted from the available credit. For example. a customer had $10 credit and she redeemed $6 for an order. I then realize that her available credit is still $10, instead of $4. It occurs some times but not all the time. It's quite annoying.

Are these problem all related in some way? If you could give me some clue on where to look for errors, I would really appreciate.

Thanks so much.

Wendy

Requests to add features... ha !! It would be nice just to stabalize this mod.

Wendy- Thank you for pointing out that BIG FLAW.... That really sux! Now we actually have a way of loosing money.

Wonder what could be causing that issue? I will have to test that on my end and see if it reproduces.

EricR: in using the authorize.net directx modules etc there is a bug in the checkout_process file. It is actually a logic design within the osc logic methodology explained here

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/bugs,1...yment%2BModules

this actually does not have anything to do with normal payment modules such like besheer is using...

Hi Strider.

I have made the modifications recommended at:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=333815

I've also modified my sort order per:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...90entry377490

I have a $3 voucher balance and am attempting to make a $3 order. If I leave the credit card field blank, it still complains that I've entered no credit card.

If I type in a valid credit card number the order total is shown as $0, but if I attempt to checkout it fails with "There has been an error processing your credit card."

Any thoughts? Desperate to get this working. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx.

- Eric

I just tested it, and if I have a voucher balance of $3, and place an order for $4, it properly charges my credit card $1 through authorize.net. So I think my sort order is fine.

I just need to skip the pre_confirmation_check() of includes/modules/payment/authorizenet.php if the voucher balance covers the order total.

It appears to me that if $credit_covers were getting set properly in includes/classes/order_total.php, then the pre_confirmation_check function in includes/classes/order_total.php should disable all payment modules. Am I on the right track?

Thanx again.

- Eric

Hi,

Just a follow up on my previous post.

I did a dozen of tests and found the problem of gift certificate not being properly deducted are all related to Paypal payment.

When a paypal payment option is chosen, the used credit part is not deducted at all. Credit card and check/mo work fine.

If someone can direct me to the files that may cause this problem I would really really appreciate since I now have to go the database and manually adjust customer's GV balance. What a pain.

Thanks.

Wendy

eric and wendy: I know this is going to sound quite naive on my part but there are about 4 different ways to use each of your respective payment gateway classes, one included in the distribution and 3 other contribs for both authorizenet and paypal, and 3 of them don't use normal osc methodologies. I wonder which ones and which ones you are using? No one has said. If you are using other ones than the stock ones yes they probably aren't working as you would expect because you haven't made the changes that are needed to use them properly. i.e. paypal ipn(depending on which paypal ipn you are using will also depend on how many mods need to be made) has it's own checkout_process procedure and the others do not use the normal one for all the contribs. if you look at the directions for the authorizenet direct, which I believe is documented elsewhere in this thread, it actually does a call before anything is setup for the order information and this also needs to be handled. but as explained earlier in the thread can be handled within checkout_process ...

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Good Morning! I had this contribution running perfectly but I noticed today that the invoice via admin is adding the amount of the gift voucher being used to the order total?? I did recently go into the database vis phpMyAdmin and clean it up...did I dump something I needed? Can anyone help me fix this? I can manually go in and edit the order invoice but I need it to do itlike it did before... thanks so much!

Strider,

Thanks so much replying my post.

Sorry I forgot to mention that the Paypal version. I've tried both Paypal IPN v0.98 and the Paypal Shopping cart IPN v2.7. And both give me the same problem.

Also, do you think the failure of restricted category coupon is related to the payment gateway or not?

Thanks for your help.

Wendy

eric and wendy: I know this is going to sound quite naive on my part but there are about 4 different ways to use each of your respective  payment gateway classes, one included in the distribution and 3 other contribs for both authorizenet and paypal, and 3 of them don't use normal osc methodologies. I wonder which ones and which ones you are using? No one has said. If you are using other ones than the stock ones yes they probably aren't working as you would expect because you haven't made the changes that are needed to use them properly. i.e. paypal ipn(depending on which paypal ipn you are using will also depend on how many mods need to be made) has it's own checkout_process procedure and the others do not use the normal one for all the contribs. if you look at the directions for the authorizenet direct, which I believe is documented elsewhere in this thread, it actually does a call before anything is setup for the order information and this also needs to be handled. but as explained earlier in the thread can be handled within checkout_process ...

wendys: yes both the paypal ipn and Paypal Shopping cart IPN v2.7 (which is a rather old version now) both need mods. Lots of mods fo the v2.7 and mods for paypals checkout proces for the paypal ipn. Most of the mods for the 2.7 are listed within gregs forum. as far as the categories, I wouldn't think so. You might start out with one category and work your way up. Also if you have products within multiple categories and don't have them listed right then you will run into problems. remember that though you might see cpath=27_48 the actual category is 48 also the categories are 27,48,63 etc...

MzBeanz: have no idea. you might reinstall the tables but that is no guarantee. it is always nice to have backups before modifications though especially to the data

Hey again,

Been looking through the code trying to find out at least where the calculations are made in hope to see why products restictions wont work with a percentage when there are attributes.... If anyone can piont out where I should start looking it would be great..

Is there an older version where this actually did work at some point? Any help would be apprecieated.. We have been using it thinking it works but now with all products having attributes we have stoped the % and now only giving away $$ off wich just doesnt have the same impact marketing wise..

Thanks again,

Mike

Can anyone shed any light as to why we get this error when confirming purchase of a voucher and sent to pay at Paypal:

Error Detected

The link you have used to enter the PayPal system contains an incorrectly formatted shipping amount

Steve

Strider,

Thanks so much replying my post. 

Sorry I forgot to mention that the Paypal version.  I've tried both Paypal IPN v0.98 and the Paypal Shopping cart IPN v2.7.  And both give me the same problem. 

Also, do you think the failure of restricted category coupon is related to the payment gateway or not?

Thanks for your help.

Wendy

Strider, would this mean that the 2.7 related changes might have been folded into 2.8 ??

Thanks, David

Strider,

Sorry it is Paypal IPN v2.8. Yes, the aggregate mode works for passing the correct total to Paypal.

Now two things are still bothering me.

1. Category Restriction doesn't work. When I created a coupon for a single category, and then add items from that category as well as out of that category to shopping cart and checkout, the coupon applies to total rather than just the items within that category. So there is no restriction indeed. And this happens regardless of payment method.

2. Redeemed gift certificate amount is not deducted from available credit when Paypal option is chosen. This happens for both Paypal IPN v0.981 and Greg's paypal v2.8. I've pretty much gone through Greg's thread but didn't see a solution.

I'm wondering if you could direct me to the possible files that may cause the above problem. Your help is highly appreciated.

Wendy

wendys: yes both the paypal ipn and Paypal Shopping cart IPN v2.7 (which is a rather old version now) both need mods. Lots of mods fo the v2.7 and mods for paypals checkout proces for the paypal ipn. Most of the mods for the 2.7 are listed within gregs forum. as far as the categories, I wouldn't think so. You might start out with one category and work your way up. Also if you have products within multiple categories and don't have them listed right then you will run into problems. remember that though you might see cpath=27_48 the actual category is 48 also the categories are 27,48,63 etc...

peterr: yes it is

wendys: I think you need to upgrade to 5.10b

David: I don't know. I haven't looked at greg's changemods.