• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Hi

I would like to use the discount coupon and not the gift voucher. Are there anyways to separate the two. I would like to install the discount coupon only. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

All you have to do is install the contrib and in the admin control don't install the vouchers.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I would like to use the discount coupon and not the gift voucher. Are there anyways to separate the two. I would like to install the discount coupon only. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

All you have to do is install the contrib and in the admin control don't install the vouchers.

Hi.

Yes, I know what you mean but my site is heavily modified. If possible, I would like to install the voucher portion so as to reduce any possible errors...

Please Listen to what I have to say and tell me if it is possible (I am no programmer that is for sure)

1) Someone with all of the fixes should release a new version of ccgv

2) With discount coupon, I wish that I could have a coupon that would allow buy Product 1 and get product 2 half price, or buy product 2, and get product 3 free! or if product 1 is in cart, give 10% off, and if product 1 & 2 is added to cart then you get 22% so on and so forth!

if anyone could do something like this, I would be forever in debt to them!

Thanks so much for reading what I have to say!

Let me know what you think!

Thanks,

Steve

Hmm, I've still not got this sorted.

User browses and chooses items, goes to basket (not cart, hate that term) and then checkout. At checkout they opt for the payment method, then they have the area to place vousher/discount code. They enter the code and press 'redeem'. The page is returned with exactly the same information, which s ocnfusing as it could be assumed it didn't work.

The URL shows up with 'error_code' and text like 'Congratulations_You' etc. I tried to repeat this just now but it did not work. How cone this does ont happen all the time??

Also, I have this in my basket infobox; "coupon, more info" with a javascript code on the 'more info' looking for

<a href="javascript:couponpopupWindow('http://localhost/Development/voucher/popup_coupon_help.php?cID=1&osCsid=d3b0fcfc78adb31dadde28739311cb6d')">more info</a>

but there is no javascript 'couponpopupWindow' in the page source.

PS. have this working with STS, Header Tag Controller, and Article Manager.

Edited by wondernet

Hi,

I've installed the Credit Class module, and all seems to be working OK in the Admin section. However, if I try to send a voucher to a customer for a value of say ?10, the email the customer receives states the value of the voucher as ?0.00. If I then check the admin section for Vouchers Sent, the records confirm the voucher amount as 0.00. I have tried this a number of times to make sure I'm not making mistakes when sending the voucher, and can't work out what is going wrong. Can anyone help? PS - sorry for the double post - I should have added this message to this thread in the first place!

Hmm, I've still not got this sorted.

User browses and chooses items, goes to basket (not cart, hate that term) and then checkout. At checkout they opt for the payment method, then they have the area to place vousher/discount code. They enter the code and press 'redeem'. The page is returned with exactly the same information, which s ocnfusing as it could be assumed it didn't work.

The URL shows up with 'error_code' and text like 'Congratulations_You' etc. I tried to repeat this just now but it did not work. How cone this does ont happen all the time??

Also, I have this in my basket infobox; "coupon, more info" with a javascript code on the 'more info' looking for

<a href="javascript:couponpopupWindow('http://localhost/Development/voucher/popup_coupon_help.php?cID=1&osCsid=d3b0fcfc78adb31dadde28739311cb6d')">more info</a>

but there is no javascript 'couponpopupWindow' in the page source.

PS. have this working with STS, Header Tag Controller, and Article Manager.

this is the 'error' I get;

http://localhost/Development/voucher/checkout_payment.php?error_message=Congratulations%2C+you+have+redeemed+%A320.00&osCsid=76e649535382dabdc93f6bd965eccb70

Is this supposed to be shown in the page somewhere?? It looks like it should

Just a thought, you may have missed some of the steps of the installation procedure.

Check that you have the java function "couponpopupWindow" at the top of "catalog\includes\boxes\shopping_cart.php"

<!-- shopping_cart //-->
<script language="javascript"><!--
function couponpopupWindow(url) {
 window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,re
sizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=450,height=355,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,l
eft=150')
}
//--></script>

/Fred

Fred - you star, thanks for this. DOn't know how I missed this out of the install notes.

Another quick question. In the shopping basket info box, where this code didn't work before is the text 'voucher balance: ?xx'. How does this work?? I can't figure out where this comes from, how it's calculated, etc.

Edited by wondernet

Just a thought, you may have missed some of the steps of the installation procedure.

Check that you have the java function "couponpopupWindow" at the top of "catalog\includes\boxes\shopping_cart.php"

<!-- shopping_cart //-->
?window.open(url,'popupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,re
sizable=yes,copyhistory=no,width=450,height=355,screenX=150,screenY=150,top=150,l
eft=150')
}
//--></script>

/Fred

need to change this to;

<!-- shopping_cart //-->
 window.open(url,'couponpopupWindow','toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=yes,re
eft=150')
}
//--></script>

I am a complete newbie to this concept -- I would like to install this module but before I do that I would like to understand what the module does!!

1. Do Discount Coupons have a code on them. And if the customer specifies the code they get the discount associated with the coupon having that code?? Where in the checkout process do clients redeem their coupons??

2. How do gift vouchers work?? If I buy a gift voucher for my girlfriend, then do I specify her email. When she creates an account will her gift vouchers automatically show up during checkout. Will she be able to select the voucher she would like to use. Where in the checkout process will this happen.

Please can someone email me a link to their site which uses both these features. I would like to see how checkout works.

Thanks,

Saleem

Hi Saleem,

You have the concept pretty well right as far as I can tell.

In answer to your query - Discount Coupons

1. You allocate a code for your discount coupons - you can have a number of them and different codes for different coupons - I have one selected the option to send a 20% discount voucher to all new accounts when they sign up and this get sent to them automatically - they are given instructions in the welcome email on how to redeem - basically just putting the code (which is good for 1 use per customer - selectable in the setup as well) into the section at checkout.

2. Gift Vouchers - I have set up gift vouchers with various denominations - they get released to the purchaser upon payment (you select them to queue in your setup) once released the purchaser then logs on to their account and the gift voucher is in their account and then they can email all or part to anyone they choose, in the email there is a link for the receiver to click on and it takes them to my site and confirms that they have redeemed a voucher worth 'x' this then shows in their Shopping Cart and they can choose to redeem it when they check out in a similar way to the discount voucher.

Hope this helps - link to my LIVE site - no real purchases please!!

is here :- http://www.scrapboxx.com.au

regards,

Maria

I have located a somewhat BUG but am unable to fix it because of my non-programming abilities ;) ...

During Checkout When someone enters a coupon into the coupon code boxm, 2 things Should happen that dont...

A) In the shopping cart box, it says

Coupon: ? ? ?[u]More info[/u]

-It should say after you input a coupon

Coupon: **Coupon name here**
more info

B ) When you send an email or a gift voucher via admin, you get those green bars at the top of the screen that says Your email has been sent... Or something of the sort...

After someone enters a code for a gift vouchers or coupon, A similar bar be displayed at the top of the page, under the breadcrumb bar...

This would at least make them more aware that they have done something that worked...

What do you think?

Edited by mijman2

Hello, I am interested installing this contribution, but I am totally confused of which is the latest file i should download? Also does this contri let me set a particular price when customers purchase over that price then they can have a particular discount??

OS-commerce is great, but with other magical contributions, that is just so "COOL"!

I have located a somewhat BUG but am unable to fix it because of my non-programming abilities ;) ...

During Checkout When someone enters a coupon into the coupon code boxm, 2 things Should happen that dont...

A) In the shopping cart box, it says

Coupon: ? ? ?[u]More info[/u]

-It should say after you input a coupon

Coupon: **Coupon name here**
more info

B ) When you send an email or a gift voucher via admin, you get those green bars at the top of the screen that says Your email has been sent... Or something of the sort...

After someone enters a code for a gift vouchers or coupon, A similar bar be displayed at the top of the page, under the breadcrumb bar...

This would at least make them more aware that they have done something that worked...

What do you think?

Yes to both ... any ideas??

Hi there

I have installed this moduel "sucessfully", but it won't let me add any coupons. Whenever I create a new coupong and hit the Preview button, I am always taken back to the coupon-admin page, with no coupons.

If I do a manual insert in the database, I have no problems editing the coupon.

Any ideas?

Hi

I have this contribution installed and all works great except for one tinsy bit -

my problem is that I offer free shipping for all orders over $30.00 - but I want this to apply to orders after discount - i.e. invoiced orders over $30.00

ie. as an example if I have a 20% discount coupon for a customers first order and an item they purchase costs $35.00 - they would normally get free shipping o.k. on this item but when you apply 20% discount the invoiced total then = $28.00- basically I want shipping to be charged for this total, but it is not.

Is there a way to make it re-calcutate order total after discount and charge for shipping if discounted total = less than my free shipping total after all???

any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Maria

Hi wondernet

I don't know - I don't quite understand it enough - would this work and if so how do I do it???

thanks

Maria

I have a question about the GV contribution which I've installed:

One particular user (that I know of) has had reuse of what appears to be teh same coupon in 3 of his orders because his coupon value (2.50) isn't deducted from his account each time he uses it.

I don't know much about the DB structure for the GV contrib, but it seems

that an order_id of 0 is assigned to ALL of the entries in the

coupon_redeem_track table. I don't know if this is cause, or effect - but

would you be able to tell me what I should check to ensure that GVs are

removed once used?

I have installed contribution, but it goes wrong at check_out confirmation with the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'customer_discount' in 'field list'

select customer_discount from customers where customers_id = '137'

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone suggest what this might mean. Have I done something wrong with the database or with the files?

I have installed contribution, but it goes wrong at check_out confirmation with the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'customer_discount' in 'field list'

select customer_discount from customers where customers_id = '137'

[TEP STOP]

Can anyone suggest what this might mean. Have I done something wrong with the database or with the files?

And I cannot see anything in the SQL file about a customer_discount column?

Any ideas?

I installed this contribution on 2.2 OcS, and I think it doesn't work correctly.

On my processing pages, I do not have any fields for Gift Voucher, is there supposed to be one?

I'm using authorize.net, and everytime I input Payment Information and click on the Confirmation page on Confirm Order, it throws me back to Payment Information page?!?!?!

Any suggestions?

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sincerely,

Dr. DK