• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Me again, sorry to clog up this post but thought this might be needed -

seeing as sort order is such a 'big' issue - here is mine just incase it makes a difference

Discount Coupons 9 

Giftwrap 5 

Gift Vouchers 740 

Low Order Fee   

Customer Loyalty Discount 897 

Shipping 2 

Sub-Total 1 

Tax 800 

Total 900 

Members Discount 899

Any ideas?

cheers

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

me again - in reference to point 1. in my previous post

1. Even though I have Welcome discount coupon to new customers - set to send a 20% dicount to new customers that sign up - this is not happening now - it has worked in the past.

Sorry this is working I just had a glitch in my new account setups!

but still have problem number 2.

2. I have 'enable downloads' - true in my store config setup and Gift voucher weight set to 'o' but I am being charged shipping for my Gift Vouchers - it has also worked in the past.

so any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Maria

Hi maria,

Check if the gift voucher that u have created has Model number (i.e the field Products Model) has a value starting with the word GIFT. Remember it can be anything GIFT_25 or GIFT_FOR_YOU. The only necessity is that it should start with the word GIFT. Only then it will be treated as a gift voucher).

Hi indian_druid,

and thanks for your quick response - yes gift vouchers have the correct prefix in model number - in fact I only have one and it is GIFT_00 and I have assigned product attributes to it so you can add to cart and then choose the denomination - another work around I found for it not adding a gift voucher to the cart when that is all you are buying.

It had all been working perfectly so I have since gone back and disabled the Customer Loyalty - Members discount and Gift Wrap contributions that I installed over the last couple of days and still have the problem so I am scratching my head of this one.

the only work around I can think of is to set free shipping at $25.00 and only provide gift vouchers for $25.00 and over amounts.

Not totally satisfactory - any other clues would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Maria

Not sure if this problem was posted on the forum, maybe someone could point me the right way.. i've successfully installed ccgv into my ms2, and the links work find in admin. only thingi i'm wondering is, where is the box supposed to be at checkout? i don't see any boxes to enter coupon codes, and redeeming a gift voucher shows up but doesn' t seem to calculate. please help! thanks in advanced!

mindy

PROBLEM WITH COUPONS

=================

I have created a coupon set to give customers 20% off on any purchase within category X. However, when I test this out, it doesnt work. It shows that the coupon is being redeemed, but it is not deducting it from the user's balance. Order totals are set correctly...coupons work as long as the scope is not restricted. Here are my settings:

Coupon Name: blah

Coupon desc: blah

coupon amt: 20%

coupon min order: 0

coupon code: 53000

uses per coupon: 99999

uses per customer: 1

Valid Category list: 44

Date: june 14 - june 28

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

Quick question?!

What would be the easiest way of installing this mod? I have already installed the coolemenu contribution & I'm not sure what needs to be changed on this contribution.

So, any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks a lot!

I am having the following error...

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: box in /home/xxx/public_html/shop/includes/boxes/configuration.php on line 33

Please help. I'm a newbie to this. I believe I'm running V 1.97...if that's possible. I'm actually picking this up from someone who already created the store.

Ok, got everything installed & working great, well ya sort of great.... My question is this

How do I get the shipping charges to not charge if I have it set up to be by price instead of weight?

I hope that someone can guide me in this....

Thanks a lot!

Hi there. I get the following message on the administration side:

1146 - Table 'airuma_products.coupons' doesn't exist

select count(*) as total from coupons where coupon_type != 'G'

My brain may be fried by now, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks for any help~

Lua

PROBLEM WITH COUPONS

=================

I have created a coupon set to give customers 20% off on any purchase within category X. However, when I test this out, it doesnt work.

I'm having the same problem - my coupons all work as they should, unless I use a category limitation - making me wacky.

I am just starting to install this contribution and I ran across an extra line in checkout_process.php that wasn't marked with the //ICW.

The red line is not marked, but is not found in the default osC installation. Do I include it as part of this contribution? or just ignore it? It is at the bottom oc checkout_process.php.

? tep_session_unregister('comments');

if(tep_session_is_registered('credit_covers')) tep_session_unregister('credit_covers');

? $order_total_modules->clear_posts();//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

? tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

? require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php');

?>

Hi,

You have to keep that line. it is a part of credit class gift voucher contribution (ccgb510b).

I know there may be an answer here but I can't search it out. So, need to ask repeated question. Sorry.

How do I change the word in the gift voucher email sent to customer?

I have tried edit the gv_send.php in english dir. And still getting the email with nothing changed. Please let me know what should I do in order to change word in gift voucher email. Thanks

Hi,

You should edit the file gv_mail.php present in the english dir (not gv_sent.php).

Also note that if u want to add some extra information to the message or format the existing message of the email edit the file admin/gv_sent.php. The code in that file which needs to be modified is

From here the email message starts

$message = $HTTP_POST_VARS['message'];

$message .= "\n\n" . TEXT_GV_WORTH . $currencies->format($HTTP_POST_VARS['amount']) . "\n\n";

$message .= TEXT_TO_REDEEM;

// $message .= TEXT_WHICH_IS . $id1 . TEXT_IN_CASE . "\n\n";

$message .= TEXT_WHICH_IS . "\n====================\n".$id1 ."\n====================\n". TEXT_IN_CASE . "\n\n";

if (SEARCH_ENGINE_FRIENDLY_URLS == 'true') {

$message .= HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'gv_redeem.php' . '/gv_no,'.$id1 . "\n\n";

} else {

$message .= HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'gv_redeem.php' . '?gv_no='.$id1 . "\n\n";

}

$message .= TEXT_OR_VISIT . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . TEXT_ENTER_CODE;

Till here

Infact if u will notice i have formatted the message a bit to highlight the giftvoucher code (by using -------).

Hope this helps...

Hi, I really need a hand here! I am getting error messages all over my administration side after installing this contribution. The catalog seems to be ok, but since I can't do much with the admin, I can't even create the cupons.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Love the mod and am using it...but how do I create a different kind of credit? I want to have returns captured in the system as a separate line item, not just a gift certificate..is that possible with this mod?

On my administrative side - every page:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/airuma/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1309) in /home/airuma/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/airuma/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1309) in /home/airuma/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

On the Cupon/Voucher area of administration:

select count(*) as total from coupons where coupon_active='Y' and coupon_type != 'G'

Any ideas?

Hi airuma

On my administrative side - every page:

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/airuma/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1309) in /home/airuma/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/airuma/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:1309) in /home/airuma/public_html/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

check that you don't have a space before the ?> at the bottom of any of the files showing errors - I had the same problem is this fixed it - apparently if these is a space it causes this error.

On the Cupon/Voucher area of administration:

select count(*) as total from coupons where coupon_active='Y' and coupon_type != 'G'

Have you installed the Coupon in Store - configuration and given it a special code number??

hope my little bit of knowledge helps

Maria

airuma, it sounds like you did not uploade the .sql file that creates the necessary tables.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

I created two coupons, one as a "Large Order Thank You" and one as a "Welcome" coupon. I want both coupons to be able to be used once per customer, but these coupons will be sent to numerous customers.

Given this description, is this what I should set these two coupon properties to:

Uses per Coupon: <blank>

Uses per Customer: 1

Deleting a coupon makes it "inactive" how do I really delete it.. Deleting it from inactive does not work. I created several test coupons to figure out how every thing would work. I would really like to get rid of them.

Woah I jsut found something wierd, i hope someone can help. Here's what I did. I bought a gift certificate of 5 dollars. Now next time i did a test shop and clicked on redeem when making a purchase using paypal and then I reach the paypal website and it shows the totals but when i accidently clicked back, it went back to the website and my 5 dollars disappeared allthough i never bought anything. Anyone ever experience this?