osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i made a coupon in order to offer free shipping. however, i was testing it out and it gives free shipping for all methods that UPS will ship. is there a way to make the free shipping coupon good for UPS ground shipping only? i don't want someone to get free shipping for something like 3 day select or next day air.

thanks in advance

Anybody willing to help with a teeny bit of code?

I have 510b installed, working fine.

What I'm looking to do is <echo> a specific coupon code on another web page (like a portal page that people get to my site from, hosted on same server, same domain, etc). The specific coupon code would match a coupon description for that page.

I'd like a piece of code that establishes the coupon description for the page as "xyz" (coupon_name) followed by <echo 'coupon_code'> that matches that coupon_name.

In English, if a person links to my site from "site.com," site.com would display "use this code for a discount: xyzpdq" and the code would change if I changed the code in admin.

I don't know enough about php to do this.

Thanks in advance--

--Jeff

Using the very latest versions, on the checkout payment, if someone forgets to enter credit card info, and clicks REDEEM, it does not go through the proper credit card validation process, and I end up getting this message:

------

The first four digits of the number entered are: <br>If that number is correct, we do not accept that type of credit card.<br>If it is wrong, please try again

------

Normally, if you click continue, you would get an alert to fill in the credit card info.

Has anyone got a fix for this, or is it just me?

Thanks

Edited by notset4life

I recently installed PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN and I thought it was working perfectly until I noticed that it is not passing the tax value nor the Discount Coupon value from my shopping cart. The discount coupon comes from this contribution:

Credit Class & Gift Voucher

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...discount+coupon

Here is the information from the checkout_confirmation.php page:

Sub-Total: $249.00

Utah Tax - 6.25%: $15.56

Discount Coupons:BC: -$62.25

Consultant Kit Flat Rate (Consultant Kit): $35.00

Total: $237.31

All of this output is correct. When it goes to paypal however you only see the subtotal and the shipping rate. $249.00 and $35.00

Any ideas????

THANKS!

Sorry, I read through page 50 or so of the IPN module string and did not make it to the 70s where it mentions putting the IPN module in aggregate mode to fix this issue.

All is well.

Thanks....

I hope someone can help me. I have oscommerce ms 2.2 and ccgb-510b. Everything seems to work fine except that I am getting 2 instances of "Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons" in the Credit Avaibles section.

voucher.jpg

What may be the cause of this? Any help is much appreciated.

Tim

Hi Guys,

I haven't installed this contribution yet so was hoping somebody could confirm if it is the right thing for my intended use:

Basically I want to send out a viral email to my customers, which they can then forward to their friends. The email will contain a discount code which entitles them to 10% off an order. They can only claim the discount once.

So just to be clear: the discount / voucher code is not unique per customer, but I will only allow each registered customer to be able to claim it once.

Thanks for your help.

BR /h.

Hi Guys,

I haven't installed this contribution yet so was hoping somebody could confirm if it is the right thing for my intended use:

Basically I want to send out a viral email to my customers, which they can then forward to their friends. The email will contain a discount code which entitles them to 10% off an order. They can only claim the discount once.

So just to be clear: the discount / voucher code is not unique per customer, but I will only allow each registered customer to be able to claim it once.

Thanks for your help.

BR /h.

Yup this contributino should work fine..

I'm having a little problem with this contrib. When I purchase something with a coupon, the payment method field ends up being blank after the purchase has been made. Something tells me this ain't right. Has this happened to anyone else?

When I am looking at which gift vouchers have been sent all entries are live. I mean that the triangle at the right hand edge of each entry is solid!

Is this because all the GVs have the same ID? i.e. They all have the same code because they are used as a sign-up voucher?

Is this a problem with my installation of gv_sent.php or is it somewhere else.

Anyones help with this would be greatfully recieved.

Can it be overcome as I need to see who is using and who is not using their voucher and going into the database to do this is not ideal!

Mark

B)

mark, i don't think any gvs have the same ID.

and let me clarify my problem. if a user plans on paying for something using ONLY a discount coupon no payment method shows up at checkout confirmation time and no payment_method shows up in the payment_method field in the orders table. ;) weird. has this happened to anyone? ill keep searching this thread.

OK I just came up with a super ghetto hack fix for this, sorta. Since payment modules and order_total modules are two separate things (and I'm not exactly sure how they interact with each other as of yet) so here goes.

in checkout_confirmation.php find this code:

if (is_array($payment_modules->modules))
{
       if ($confirmation = $payment_modules->confirmation())
       {
               echo '<table cellspacing="0">';
               echo '<tr><td>' . $confirmation['title'] . '</td></tr>';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($confirmation['fields']); $i<$n; $i++)
               {
                       echo '<tr><td><strong>' . $confirmation['fields'][$i]['title'] . '</strong></td>';
                       echo '<td>' . $confirmation['fields'][$i]['field'] . '</td></tr>';
               }
               echo '</table>';
       }
}

and change it to this

if (is_array($payment_modules->modules))
{
       if ($confirmation = $payment_modules->confirmation())
       {
               echo '<table cellspacing="0">';
               echo '<tr><td>' . $confirmation['title'] . '</td></tr>';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($confirmation['fields']); $i<$n; $i++)
               {
                       echo '<tr><td><strong>' . $confirmation['fields'][$i]['title'] . '</strong></td>';
                       echo '<td>' . $confirmation['fields'][$i]['field'] . '</td></tr>';
               }
               echo '</table>';
       }
       else
       {
               echo '<strong>Payment Method:</strong> Discount Coupon or Gift Voucher';
       }
}

:) told you it was ghetto, OK so now to fix the payment method not being set in checkout_process.php i did this right before the huge $sql_data_array array.

if($order->info['payment_method'] == "")
       $order->info['payment_method'] = "Discount Coupon or Gift Voucher";

i hope this helps someone....i really only plan on using this as a temp bandaid until i can figure something else out.

In my admin panal under Vouchers/Coupons (with the coupon class and gift vouture contrib.) when I click on Mail Gift Voucher I get the following error

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /homepages/44/d97025904/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /homepages/44/d97025904/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

can anyone help me been trying to fix it for a few days.

I've got this contrib installed but does anyone know why the checkbox refuses to show up checkout_payment.php I've changed the sort order to 740 for Discount Coupons and 760 for Gift Vouchers but that didn't work. I feel like an idiot for not being able to figure this out. it seems so simple!

-tom

HI

I just installed a fresh oscommerce release mid 2003, and than I installed the credit class and gift voucher contribution.

the admin area seen to be working fine, but when I try to check the normal area of the catalog, I come with the following error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_not_null() in /home/public_html/includes/classes/language.php on line 74

I have check the language file and uploaded a back up to it, the I cannot get pass this error.

Can anyone help please.

Thank you

Artie

Using Gift Voucher System v1.0

From several customers.

I have made 2 purchases, and have yet been able to use the Redeem code I got when I first signed up? I put in the code, but it doesn't allow me to go to the next step, it just takes me right back. Once I don't add the redeem code, and continue with my checkout, everything is ok.

How did you stop the email gift voucher incentive?

Thanks,

~spectr17

Excellent contribution. But how do I uninstall the Gift Voucher part of it.. It seems very confusing and unstable. The Discount Coupon seems suffient. Can anybody really explain the difference anyways and the benefits of the Gift Vouchers besides customers being able to buy Gift Cards for their friends?

ok this is driving me nuts I have been posting this question for the past week and have receven no responce at all does anyone know why I would be getting the following error?

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_db_connect() (previously declared in /homepages/44/d97025904/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:13) in /homepages/44/d97025904/htdocs/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 13

I'd really like to get this function working again so I can get some vouchers sent out. I only get this error when I click on the "Mail Gift Voucher" link under " Vouchers/Coupons" in the admin panal thats all that I get on the screen nothing elce but that error, I have tried to reupload the original gv_mail.php file but I still get this error. does anyone know anything?

Edited by KaoticSnow

I posted this in another post somehow

tomhole: your correct it doesn't show up in the payment method. Usually you wouldn't have a full payment method with either a coupon or a voucher and where this is stored is in the order table. the coupon and or voucher value is placed in the orders_total table as it should be and is included in the invoice total area where taxes, shipping and other modifications to the total are stored and displayed. If by the rare chance that the voucher or coupon do obtain 100% of the total this field is blank/null........ look at the sort orders in the install.html file

netuser: I think you might have edited the order_totals.php file where there should be a = instead of a =. within the output, or at least that is what it appears to be.

talon: grins

ModYourCar: it would depend on how you have your products set up and the type of products taxation.

99darkgreenGT: shipping is shipping and is not differentiated

KaoticSnow: sounds like you included application_top twice somehow

mybaby: if your osc is past the 2.2. ms2 i.e. a cvs release then it probably won't work

spectr17: Gift Voucher System v1.0 ????? why such an old version?

dimports: you shut off the gift vouchers in admin->modules->order totals->gift vouchers

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)