• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

[Q]was also wondering the same thing, is there a way to make the ship in cart not show when someone's just purchasing a gift certificate or something that's downloaded rather than shipped?[/Q]

I haven't tried this but supposedly, if u set the shipping weight to 0 (zero) shipping is free if you turn on downloadable products in your configuration.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[Q]was also wondering the same thing, is there a way to make the ship in cart not show when someone's just purchasing a gift certificate or something that's downloaded rather than shipped?[/Q]

I haven't tried this but supposedly, if u set the shipping weight to 0 (zero) shipping is free if you turn on downloadable products in your configuration.

You're right on that, but the shipping quote still shows up and says for example $5.04 for home delivery although when u click continue it shows 0, because this item is 0 lbs and is downloadable, but people will probably be confused with the shipping estimator.

Thanks.

the shipping estimator is an add on I believe so you will probably need to modify that instead of the ccgv. You might test this with the unreal product to see if it is handled correctly in your shipping estimator

mattwho: please read the install instructions again I think you probably missed something.

knokenet: I don't seem to be having the problem you are having with products/categories. Please explain more

naomi: The answer to your question where would the signup values be for an older version of ccgv would be in languages/create_account.php

I would suggest though that you upgrade to 5.10b

EcstasyGlass: I didn't notice that you had paid for support

matarali: Yes you can 'send' a coupon or gift voucher to whomever. I haven't actually tested the use of a coupon with a non member.

Fred: I have found that on some systems it works and some systems it doesn't. I also found a couple of other bugs depending on the server you are running on and I suppose the way php was compiled and which math package you are running.

bug 1) in ot_coupon on about line 49

replace

$order->info['total'] = $order->info['total'] - $od_amount;

with

$order->info['total'] = $order->info['total'] - (tep_round($od_amount,2));

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

EcstasyGlass: I didn't notice that you had paid for support

paid support? i wasn't aware you charged...is there some level of support thing?

Have you activated coupons?

Try Admin | Modules | Order Total | Discount Coupons.

You should then see a redeem box in stage "Payment" of the checkout process.

/Fred

I want to try the coupons, only one problemen

I can't activated the coupons the option discount copuns is not there!! :huh:

Customer Discount? ?

Fixed Payment Type Charge? ?

Low Order Fee? ?

Shipping 2? 

Sub-Total 1? 

Tax 3? 

Total 4?

what did i mis??(i can't find it from page 60 til 96)

i use ccgb-510b

thx

Lighthouse

Edited by Lighthouse

yes i know my english is bad, but you understand wath i mean;) if not ask

This mod is great, got it working for my setup, the only thing I wish I could find out now is how to let the user know how much their balance is on their account info page or in places they need to know, and also if someone emails a gift certificate to a friend, how much balance they have when they go to their account info.

Thanks.

I just installed the ccgv 5.10 on os 2.2 and have gone through the pages here, but can't find what I need to fix my problem.

I have gone through the step by step instructions, and double-checked the code on the pages that needed editing (I don't know a single line of php code, so am just following instructions). At the end of the installation, my vouchers function work fine - from sending off the vouchers to invoicing via email.

However I have a few problems:

1. I can't redeem coupons. Where the "check box" appears automatically for Vouchers on the checkout_payment.php page, there is no box for me to enter the coupon redemption code. The store does not seem to have a record that I have been issued a coupon too. I tried with a coupon with a percentage discount, applicable for a specific product which has product attributes. I read somewhere in this thread that if attributes are entered for a product, the coupon feature does not work. Is this true for 5.10?

2. I can't see anywhere on my store where I can purchase vouchers, gift certificates, or vouchers. Where are these options supposed to appear?

Will appreciate all your help as my store needs to be up end of this week. Thanks a million!!

1. I can't redeem coupons. Where the "check box" appears automatically for Vouchers on the checkout_payment.php page

There is not a check box for coupons. The check box shows up if there is a gift voucher redeemed.

1. I can't redeem coupons.

If this is still the case, check your sort order, many people have found success with the coupons set to 9, and the gift vouchers set to 740 instead of the other way around. (modules-> order total)

there is no box for me to enter the coupon redemption code.

You should be able to use the exact same box you did for the gift voucher to redeem coupons.

I read somewhere in this thread that if attributes are entered for a product, the coupon feature does not work. Is this true for 5.10?

You should be able to use a coupon on items with attributes. I have been able to just fine. Test it and see.

2. I can't see anywhere on my store where I can purchase vouchers, gift certificates, or vouchers. Where are these options supposed to appear?

You need to create a gift voucher product just like you would normally create a regular product. You can only create gift vouchers in order for cutstomers to purchase, they cannot purchase coupons; coupons you issue yourself.

When you create a gift voucher item, be sure that the "products model" begins with GIFT (yes, all caps).

Also, be sure the weight is set to 0, and you have downlaods enabled (configuration-> download-> enable download (in admin)) in order that shipping is not charged on your gift vouchers. (NOTE: If you have not already enabled downloads, and you have items that you have not assigned weight to, you need to go back in and add at least 1 to the weight or else shipping will not be added to the cart for those products.) (BONUS: Knowing this also gives you a way to have certain items have free or no shipping by setting their weight to 0.)

Also, when you create a gift voucher item, create a new category in the top for them so customers can find them easily.

This mod is great, got it working for my setup, the only thing I wish I could find out now is how to let the user know how much their balance is on their account info page or in places they need to know, and also if someone emails a gift certificate to a friend, how much balance they have when they go to their account info.

If you have the shopping cart infobox enabled in your column_right, this should appear there.

OK, i figured out how to get them into the cart and for people to buy them [gift certificates]

but it won't let me redeem them when I go to checkout, and there is no heading for gift certificates in account info like it says there should be

any ideas? please....

When a gift voucher is purchased, it is not automatically available for redemption. You need to go into admin-> vouchers/coupns-> gift voucher queue and release (it says redeem) the gift voucher in order for it to be redeemable and used by the customer. If you have done this already and are still having problems, then I don't know what to tell you. :)

Also, from what I am aware of, there is not a heading in account info for gift vouchers, it should just be in the shopping cart infobox.

Good luck to all of you!

I need to do the tax calculation after reducing the corresponding quantities with the discount coupon and the gift voucher.

Example:

Sub-Total: 79.99

Discount Coupons 5% :e0af5d: - 4.00

Gift Voucher: - 50.00

Shipping: + 7.00

Tax 16%: + 1.67 <---- It's wrong

Total: 34.66 <---- It's wrong

Sub-Total: 79.99

Discount Coupons 5% :e0af5d: - 4.00

Gift Voucher: - 50.00

Shipping: + 7.00

These quantities add: 32.99 and the value of the taxes (16%) would have to be of: 5.28 and Total: 38.26 not 1.67 and 34.66 as occurs.

I have tested all the possible combinations as include tax, re-calculate tax, etc. and the quantity goes changing but never is the correct one.

Someone can help me. Is urgent! :(

Sorry for my english. I'm spanish. Thanks

Great contribution!!!

Edited by josep

HELP ME!!

Discount suppose to be 10% off

Sub-Total: $512.81

Discount Coupons:10% off $500 Purchase: -$113.96

Flat Rate (Best Way): $5.00

Total: $403.85

$51.29 is 10% off, not $113.96

Sort Order

Discount Coupons 9

Gift Vouchers 740

Low Order Fee

Shipping 850

Sub-Total 1

Tax 800

Total 900

Discount Coupons

Display Total true

Sort Order 9

Include Shipping false

Include Tax false

Re-calculate Tax None

2.2 MS2 with 5.10b installed completely (three times, just to make sure it wasn't me)

Please List Why or a fix.

Its doubling the LIST or orginal price

say This

Keyboard 69.99

Movie 54.99

Discount of 10% would be $12.50

comes up in checkout as $25.00

When I double the order double(2 of Each), so does the coupon to $50

Help ME!!

Hi all. I just downloaded and installed the CCGV module and it seems to work ok except for when I purchase a gift voucher what should happen? Should I see in in the shopping cart and be able to send or redeem it? The model was GIFT25 when I created it.

My dev site is http://twillusa.portalplanet.net/ if anyone wants to check it out and maybe see what is going on. The only payment method is COD so you can order it and not really pay.

Thanks,

Justin

:D

/Fred

Customer Discount? ?

Low Order Fee? ?

Shipping 2??

Sub-Total 1??

Tax 3??

Total 4?

i use ccgb-510b

thx

Lighthouse

i have found the problem

its easy if you know it

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/virtual/site13/fst/var/www/html/'); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

this is gooooooood

define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/virtual/site13/fst/var/www/catalog/'); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

a newbie as me found out how to usea sub-domain

so now i go and try it :D :D

keep up the good work!

Lighthouse

yes i know my english is bad, but you understand wath i mean;) if not ask

HELP ME!!

Discount suppose to be 10% off

Sub-Total: $512.81

Discount Coupons:10% off $500 Purchase: -$113.96

Flat Rate (Best Way): $5.00

Total: $403.85

$51.29 is 10% off, not $113.96

Sort Order

Discount Coupons 9

Gift Vouchers 740

Low Order Fee

Shipping 850

Sub-Total 1

Tax 800

Total 900

Discount Coupons

Display Total true

Sort Order 9

Include Shipping false

Include Tax false

Re-calculate Tax None

2.2 MS2 with 5.10b installed completely (three times, just to make sure it wasn't me)

Please List Why or a fix.

I really Need help fixing this! PLEASE!!!!!

/Fred

Customer Discount? ?

Low Order Fee? ?

Shipping 2??

Sub-Total 1??

Tax 3??

Total 4?

i use ccgb-510b

thx

Lighthouse

i have found the problem

its easy if you know it

? define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/virtual/site13/fst/var/www/html/'); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

this is gooooooood

? define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', '/home/virtual/site13/fst/var/www/catalog/'); // where your pages are located on the server. if $DOCUMENT_ROOT doesnt suit you, replace with your local path. (eg, /usr/local/apache/htdocs)

a newbie as me found out how to usea sub-domain

so now i go and try it :D :D

keep up the good work!

Lighthouse

Hi. I bought one and it doesn't show up in my shopping cart. I also went in and approved the order. Am I missing something? I have downloads enabled but I don't see any way to make a product that is available for download? I created an order and everything. I can give someone an e-mail and password to get in and make a test purchase. The only way to pay is COD so you won't really be billed.

Thanks!

Justin

:huh:

I just finished uploading Version 5.10 of this beautiful program, but an error occured when I tried to access the admin section to start with cofiguring it for my site. When I goto my admin addy (i.e. http://mydomain.com/admin) I get the following error:

Warning: main(includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/osirisen/public_html/ecommerce/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 208

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/osirisen/public_html/ecommerce/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 208

Upon seeing thisI went back and double checked the manual edits, made sure that all the files were uploaded into their proper directories and everything appears to be in order. I tried searching this thread for the answer, but I didn't see it. Maybe I passed over it without noticing (98 pages IS a lot of posts); and if it was answered can you point me to an approx. page? If not what could be causing this error?

Thanks in Advance;

OsirisPhnx

Hello!

I've installed this:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,596

and have added the hack that's included with it which puts the order total into a session variable.

I'm having a problem with the credit class calculating correctly and actually sending the correct sub-total off to the LinkPoint gateway. I can get my credited(coupon) order to go through in a non-taxed state without a problem but am having odd results when using it combined in a taxed state purchase(Florida is the taxed state).

I've been messing with the settings in the admin for Discount Coupons to include or to exclude the tax, to recalculate the tax, ... anything to see if it allows the order to process successfully.

Currently, I have this setting for the Discount Coupon in the admin:

Discount Coupon

Display Total: true
Sort Order: 10
Include Shipping: false
Include Tax: false
Re-calculate Tax: None
Tax Class: Taxable Goods

and I'm only using one coupon. The result is that the order goes through to LinkPoint and my osCommerce store records the order total with the discount successfully reducing the sub-total ... but LinkPointCentral shows that the discount was ignored completely and the order was charged full price...(but at least it goes through! ha!)

If I change the settings in the admin to include the tax in the calculation of the discount, my osCommerce store thinks I'm a different session and pushes me to the store login page.

I'm very confused and don't know what settings to use nor do I know which file to adequately modify to get this coupon calculation to work correctly with the state tax. Does anyone who wrote this have some ideas on where I should look in the code to update the sub_total, tax and total just prior to it sending off to the linkpoint gateway?

- klyder

paul at_klyder dot calm

I fixed my prior error, I found the file I thought uploaded, but missed; but a whole new error is showing up. I have the discount coupon set up to e-mail automatically to new customers, but when I opened the test e-mails, no coupon code was present even after I set it up in admin>Configuration>Welcom Discount Coupon Code.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

OsirisPhnx

OsirisPhnx,

In order to have a coupon sent in the welcome email you need to set up a coupon in admin-> vouchers/coupons-> coupon admin. Whatever you make the coupon code be is what you would put into the welcome coupon data field in configuration. Don't enter a discount amount, just the coupon code itself.