[email protected]

Password: 99999

http://www.whiteperfect.custom-hosting.net/catalog/

Can anyone tell me why I am getting this error? Thank you very much

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I get another problem. When the coupon is a fixed amount and there is no tax to be applied (customer is out of state), then the value passed to the payment gateway is the total before any discounts.

What a great mod! I have been using it for a couple of weeks now with great results. Now I want to add a discount coupon code for all 200 of my clients so that they can give them out to people they know for a referral discount. I want them each to have their own unique discount code so that I can properly track them to see where the orders are coming from. Rather than me having to manually enter 200 discount codes through the admin panel - slooooowww - is there any way to enter a bulk amount of discount codes? Please advise.

Thanks!!

Sean Gum

www.magmoney.com

Seangum,

Your Idea looks like an affiliate programm without commission ^_^

Actually I don't think there is any hack in this mod that would fit your need but my suggestion is to go into your cc coupon table and copy past your coupon and than enter manually your coupon code... Not really a solution but better than going trough the admin ;)

On my side I was thinking about another ad that coulde be great to generate referal and I might make this little change just need to know if you guys did allready something similar.

Here is the idea:

The feature is to be able for a customer to send an email to a friend to give a wellcome CC coupon or a GV coupon but not trough his credit (as a promotion from the website owner). If the referal subscibe, the customer who refered get a CC coupon or GV coupon credited to his account.

This viral marketing tool works great and you can get tons of new customers this way.

I don't think there is a lot of work to do just some hack in a few table and use some of the allready existing feature of this great mod...

What do you think guys?

kinetek: just change your sort order. make tax 5 and discount 9 and it should work

seangum: interesting idea.. if you make a mod tell us about it

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

you are right tradertt,

In the other hand you can generate codes that can only be used once by a customer and you don't need to generate tonns of codes for the referal

My Idea is to send a unique code to the referal so you avoid this problem and for the referer you generate others codes that can be used once... Still the "pirat" could create mutiple account but than it is the website owner responsability to create referal vouchers with a minumum amount of purchase that feet his discount strategy.

another issue would be to check the emails in the database to avoid sending voucher to somebody who allready subscribe...

Tell me if you have an other way to avoid this problem, maybe there is a better way...

Edited by hal1

At the moment I cannot think of anything to combat that problem :-)

Can I check for the COUPON ADMIN when I email coupon .. I can only email to a fix list ... Can it be sent to someone out of the list as in I key in my own email?

Or should that be done with a gift voucher?

2)

When the email is sent, can more details be sent together with the email like, COUPON EXPIRY DATE, MIN PURCHASE AMOUNT, CATEOGORY (if any)

Can all these be done and how? Thanks :-)

tradertt,

Seriously. Did you even attemp to read the install.html?

GV: account credits. Ever purchase a gift certificate?

Coupon: product discounts. Ever read the Sunday paper (coupons for 50? of the board game "Clue")

Voucher Balance not being used?? Did you try enabling them? and checking the tick box?

/me wonders why I am even explaining this!

Edited by hobbzilla

Hobbzilla,

Even if tradertt is a newbee, he doesn't need such of answer. And I don't think this forum is the place to flame.

What goes around comes around! ever heard that?

Hi

Sorry about all this. Its alright. Its my fault. I was too anxious to read a installation guide. Will try to read it now. :-)

I understand how people feel when they keep seeing the same question pop up though hob was not very "polite"

Thanks hal1 and thanks hob

tradertt,

Coupon: product discounts. Ever read the Sunday paper (coupons for 50? of the board game "Clue")

Voucher Balance not being used?? Did you try enabling them? and checking the tick box?

Acutallly I personally feel Coupons and GV are very similar. Both gives an amount off the total price right?

tradertt,

Hi

I have read the install.html but it seems that I have done everything inside that could be done even posting the previous post.

Gift Vouchers had been installed and 1 problem is that there is no tick box for me to tick to use the Gift Vouchers.

I will try to attach a screenshot later if possible.

Could it be due to the sort order?

HEre is my sort order:

Discount Coupons: 740

Gift Vouchers: 9

Shipping: 2

Sub Total: 1

Tax: 3

Total: 900

Anyone can help?

I have reviewed this thread over and over and still cannot find the answer to the problem I am experiencing. I see many people having the same problem, however I tried everything that people suggested and still cannot get it to work.

I'm having trouble with the discount tick box appearing so people can enter their coupon code and receive their discount.

Here's my sort order:

Discount Coupons 4

Gift Vouchers

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 5

I have also tried:

Discount Coupons 740

Gift Vouchers

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 900

Gift Vouchers is not installed. Tried installing it and still no luck.

If anyone can help thanks!

S. Cole

p.s. Thanks Strider for you previous help.

Edited by scole

I have reviewed this thread over and over and still cannot find the answer to the problem I am experiencing.  I see many people having the same problem, however I tried everything that people suggested and still cannot get it to work.

I'm having trouble with the discount tick box appearing so people can enter their coupon code and receive their discount.

Here's my sort order:

Discount Coupons 4 

Gift Vouchers   

Low Order Fee   

Shipping 2 

Sub-Total 1 

Tax 3 

Total 5

I have also tried:

Discount Coupons 740

Gift Vouchers   

Low Order Fee   

Shipping 2 

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 900

Gift Vouchers is not installed. Tried installing it and still no luck.

If anyone can help thanks!

S. Cole

p.s.    Thanks Strider for you previous help.

Here the sort I did and that works...

Discount Coupons 740

Gift Vouchers 760

Low Order Fee

Shipping 750

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 900

I did it this way because I did not want the customer to have discount on the shipping aspecially I don't have any margin on that <_<

Hal1,

Still didn't work. I'm going to have to check the code again. Maybe I missed something when installing the mod. I checked it twice already, can't see I missed anything. Strange indeed.

Thanks for the help.

S. Cole

To continue our earliest discussion about referral coupon, I?m starting to look at the code to make and would like to share my ideas before doing it:

To redeem the coupon I was thinking about two ways of doing it.

The first way was giving a link that could track the referred customer but I found it too tricky and with to many security problems to solve so I decided to look at the create_account.php page and will do the hack this way:

1. create a gv_email.sql table to track the email sent to the referral

in this table you will find 3 field: email field, customer ID (the referrer to track), the redeem value (to redeem the refferer coupon)

2. add a line in create_account that will check this table to see if the referral address exist while creating the account.

3. if the email exist than use the same code as the ICW - CREDIT CLASS CODE but with 2 new lines in the configure.sql table for referral gift voucher or referral discount voucher.

4. If the email exist in the gv-email.sql, alter the value from 0 to 1 in the redeem field in order to redeem the coupon for the referrer when the registration process is done.

5. if the subscription succeed send automaticly by email to the referrer an new coupon that have to be set as gift or discount in a new line in configure.sql table

I?ll check later how to send the invitation to subscribe but I think It should go the same way as the gv_send.php

Anyone can see any error in the way I?ll develop this?

To not bugg this thread I created a new one that you can find below:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76693

If I wanted to troubleshot a problem with the tick box and the box for the coupons not appearing on the checkout process, what files should I be debugging?

Keep in mind, I do have the contrib installed, the gv and dc's "installed" under Mudules|Order Total|DC/GV, and I have tried every sort order I came across within this thread.

Thanks,

S. Cole