• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

I haven't actually played with 2checkout but is that the only payment module you are running?

if it is... then you need to make sure you have all of the 510b in place because the way osc is written it does not like to run through order_total correctly with only one payment module.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry I didn't see your other post.

for some reason I thought you said you were running stock 2checkout(is there such a thing hell who knows)

anyway test for credit_clears==true before calling 2checkout and it should work ok

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Also, just curious if any of you all have had to combat the problem where a customer sign's up.. gets a gift voucher. Doesn't purchase but rather signs up with another e-mail address.. (gets another gift voucher) and so on and so forth then right before checkout uses the codes to get his voucher balance high enough to purchase without spending a red ?

I just tried it. It worked like a charm.  Speaking of which.. does Amazon give you a gift voucher for registering on their site? :>

Hobbzilla brought up the very thing I was searching for a solution for. This security risk could bankrupt us! Is there any way to limit One account Per IP address to minimize the possibility of this fraud?

Other than that, this mod is one of the most awesome I have ever seen! Thanks for all your hard work everyone!

btw you can do discounts for fixed amounts or percentages. No one has ever said you needed to give gift vouchers away. I don't know anyone that does actually.

do discounts instead of gift vouchers for signup you can only do one at a time

When I try this, the coupon id is not shown in my email. The text appears as "To use the coupon enter the redeem code: during checkout." I create a coupon in Vouchers/Coupons->Coupons Admin and then enter that coupon ID for new account sign-up id. Am I doing it wrong? If I do a GV instead, the GV code does appear in the email.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I can't seem to get a coupon with restrict_to_products has a product with attributes.

I.e.

I have a 50% coupon "FIFTY"

WHERE: Valid Product List :: 1,7

1 x You've Got Mail $34.99

1 x Matrox G200 MMS

- Memory: 4 mb

- Model: Value $299.99

Sub-Total: $334.98

Flat Rate (Best Way): $5.00

Discount Coupons:FIFTY: -$17.50

FL TAX 7.0%: $12.07

Total: $334.55

Is this a bug/feature?? Anyone have a fix for it?

Any suggestions / comments on my first posted question??

Hi Strider.....I would REALLY appreciate any help on this.....

I have the GV/CC contribution installed and configured to par, but I try to use a redeemed gift voucher, and it goes to the confirmation screen, then when I hit confirm, and it jumps back to checkout_payment.php and says "There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again.", this is becoming increasingly bothersome, and I am just going out of my mind.

The only payment option I am using is Authorize.net.

I would suggest that a payment module be developed so that users can select "Gift Voucher" if paying solely by a GV, this would eliminate confusion over how to redeem gift certificate balances.

Again, ANY help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S., when I enable another b/s payment option like paypal. I am able to use the GV, and the order is completed, but it does not deduct the used amount from the voucher balance....right now I am repeating "life is great....life is great..." in the hopes that I do not go insane over this! ;)

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It was the checkout_process file. Now everything is queueing great. The link is in the e-mail and everything seems fine on that end. The problem I have just noticed is this: I have the gv weight set to 0. All other products do have weights attached to them, although I am using table rate. When I purchase JUST a gift voucher, no shipping is added, which is correct. When I purchase JUST a tangible product, the proper shipping is added. When I purchase a gv AND a tangible product, the shipping reflects the total order, not just the tangible product. I.E. My table rates are based on price. If total purchases equal $15.00, then shipping is $2.95. So when I purchase an item for $15.00 AND a gv for $50.00, I would still like the shipping cost to be $2.95 since only the tangible product is charged shipping. Right now, when you purchase a $15.00 item AND a $50.00 gv, since the total is now $65.00, the shipping reflects the higher total and charges $4.95 shipping. Is there any solution to this?

We will not regret what we have done. We will regret what we didn't do.

lovely work strider.. i uploaded everything. but i think i have missed something.

in admin i am getting the titles under

Vouchers/Coupons

but they link to links like

/admin/FILENAME_COUPON_ADMIN

and

1146 - Table 'films_store.TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

any ideas :(

Edited by poorapagal

Its not the .sql file that you are missing... its the Table define that you are missing.

Depending on the version of osCommerce that you are using, this will either go in catalog/includes/application_top.php OR database_tables.php.

This also is the same for the Admin section, too.

-R

Dusty: depends on which authorize net you are using and which paypal actually. Dusty are you running with 510b ? and do you have the correct checkout process installed?

Jamoor: try setting the download enabled to true

poorapagal: it sounds like you didn't follow the directions as to modifying the selected files on the admin as well as the catalog side. You have about 20 edits give or take 10 that are needed. Those instructions are in the install.html file. You have edits on both the catalog side and the admin side.

hobbzilla: Give the man a cigar he found a bug I think. I thought for sure we rang out that code but I see it blows with a percentage discount on attributed items. I will have to look at it. It does work with fixed amounts on attributed items though. I will try to look at it this weekend. There is another patch I need to add to that portion anyway so it will be good to get them both out.

JackMCS: You need to use the coupon code not the id in the welcome discount coupon in the admin->configuration->my store area

Guys sorry may I check if this credit module does what I want. Tried reading through but mainly support questions and answers.

If I want to send a customer a discount code say FEB2004 and it will expire for that customer on the end of Feb 2004, does this GV or credit module do it?

Thanks a million

I also tried looking through for a customer loyalty mod... is there one? and how is it? Anyone tried using it?

Thanks

JackMCS: You need to use the coupon code not the id in the welcome discount coupon in the admin->configuration->my store area

I may not have used the right word. I don't see an ID and a code. If I go to Coupon Admin, I see a coupon listed there that I created. In the column titled Coupon Code it has something like a8cb32. This is what I used when setting up for a new account signup. Is this correct? If so, what might be the reason for it not showing up in the email?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

tradertt: Not familiar with that contrib sorry

Jack_mcs: Yes that is the right thing value to use I think. I think you said you were using sec and the new version of 510b changed the language files and create_account.php in how they attain this information. You might check there.