• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

I think my PHP knowledge is far too little to write that function :(

but your suggestion is great, maybe I should work on java script or something else

that sounds like my level :P

Can you tell me the flow such as which page and where should I start?

Because this mod is so complicated I don't even know where should I modify :o

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

leafi:

The way it is currently setup a gift voucher can be redeemed through a pop up in the gv_redeem if entered through that method i.e. when a person clicks on the link in the email that was sent them with a gift voucher link. If the gift voucher code is entered through the checkout_payment page as is now the checkbox is only displayed if there is an amount in the gift vouchers bank.

If it is a discount coupon you are trying to alert your customer to it is displayed in the checkout confirmation page as a discount.

I was thinking it would be nice to have a redeem box so when the customer logs in there would be a place to enter the redeem code of either the voucher or the coupon and a screen would come up telling them the amount they could use. In discussing it with others they said it wouldn't be that good of an idea.

How to popup a window when customer enter a coupon code and redeem sucessfully?

Because some of my testers report that they have to spend a little time to find out they have redeemed their coupon and the new balance on the check out page.

So, I think it will be more confidence if a window popup and tell them information directly, such as:" You have sucessfully redeem a coupon" then show them the code, coupon credit and the new order total

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

In my previous post I said that my CC and GV install was working, but I was wrong, I have the following problem now:

The shopping cart is not being cleared on checkout when using payment methods like 'Paypal IPN' and 'Nochex'. (I tested it on Paypal by paying ?1.00 for an item and got a IPN back from Paypal). It does clear when using 'cheque/money order'.

The Admin > Orders is showing up the order after the checkout process for 'Paypal' and 'Check/Money Order' BUT NOT FOR 'Nochex'.

The Gift Voucher Queue does not show the gv when paying by 'Paypal' and Nochex, only for Check/MO.

What could be the problem? Something has changed in the one of the checkout files. :(

Mary-Ann

Chief Cook and Bottlewasher

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

I was thinking it would be nice to have a redeem box so when the customer logs in there would be a place to enter the redeem code of either the voucher or the coupon and a screen would come up telling them the amount they could use. In discussing it with others they said it wouldn't be that good of an idea.

Oops...I think that would be very nice if there is a redeem box.

If I am a customer, I will be so happy and feel satisify

when I see the seller is showing off the goodies

but not hiding it up after I signup or meet some limit.

(since using a coupon means losing profit to the seller although actually not ;) )

Especially these are all related to their $$$ :lol:

If it is a discount coupon you are trying to alert your customer to it is displayed in the checkout confirmation page as a discount.?

Yes, I always use discount coupon as a signup gift.

It's easlier for customers to use, I think.

One more question, in the config page in admin, the line "Welcome Gift Voucher"

and "Welcome Discount Coupon" keep show up 5 times! :ph34r:

Looks like this :

Welcome Gift Voucher 0

Welcome Gift Voucher 0

Welcome Gift Voucher 0

Welcome Gift Voucher 0

Welcome Gift Voucher 0

Welcome Discount Coupon 0

can you tell me which file is going wrong?

Edited by leafi

Two things:

Slider: when you enable downloads so that you can offer gift certificates as an item without shipping/delivery, your advice to set the weight if the GIFT_certificate to "0" was right on. However, I want to let others know that when you ENABLE downloads and have all your product weights set to the default "0" as I do, the delivery screen is completely bypassed on checkout and NO shipping/delivery fee is charged. I use flat rate delivery so weight is not an issue and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one. You will have to go back through and set the weight on all items that SHOULD have shipping/deliver included at checkout, to a weight greater than zero. Just a consideration before you add 1000's of flat rate ship products.

The suggestion to highlist the coupon redeem box and check box is a great idea. I didn't want to use a javascript popup box because more and more people are using popup blockers which can defeat an js popup. Here is how I did it by highlighting just the text.

"Aliiiiive, it's alive, it's ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!"

sorry....browser crashed....

The suggestion to highlist the coupon redeem box and check box is a great idea. I didn't want to use a javascript popup box because more and more people are using popup blockers which can defeat an js popup. Here is how I did it by highlighting just the text.

Please note that I am using ccgb-510b

go to file "includes/languages/english/modules/order_total/ot_gv.php"

MAKE BACKUP FIRST

Add the following highlighted text tot he line of code below:

define('MODULE_ORDER_TOTAL_GV_USER_PROMPT', '<span STYLE="background-color:yellow">Tick to use Gift Voucher account balance -></span> ');

This will allow you to highlight just the text and not the entire row/column. You can insert any standard color name or code that you prefer. You can use the <span> tags for any of the items you want to highlight on you website in any lang file.

"Aliiiiive, it's alive, it's ALIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!!!"

ptrau: excellent ideas ... I think you said the right things about virtual products and the problems there

leafi: on your multiple welcome msg's it appears that you installed the sql about 5 times.

Mary-at-Milton: sounds like you didn't install a few modules possibly.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Hello. I'm having a problem with taxes. I want to charge state sales tax to residents only and am pretty sure I have it set up properly. I do have the Credit Class and Gift Voucher contrib installed. Are there any known problems with taxes and this contrib? Could this be the reason why?

leafi: on your multiple welcome msg's it appears that you installed the sql about 5 times.

I think I did do that!

Bacause I have install and reinstall the mod serval times to get it work.

Maybe I backup after I install the sql..so what can I do now?

I know nothing about sql :(

Hey,

Everything in my site is working nicely, except the gift certificate link sent when you email someone a discount. the dv_redeem.php/gv_no,3434 doesn't work. It opens a browswer and looks like its spinning its wheels and not going anywhere.

The code works if you type it in at the confirmation screen.

Using MS2 and the latest gc contribution.

Much thanks in advance.

Brad

Slider: when you enable downloads so that you can offer gift certificates as an item without shipping/delivery, your advice to set the weight if the GIFT_certificate to "0" was right on. However, I want to let others know that when you ENABLE downloads and have all your product weights set to the default "0" as I do, the delivery screen is completely bypassed on checkout and NO shipping/delivery fee is charged. I use flat rate delivery so weight is not an issue and I am pretty sure that I am not the only one. You will have to go back through and set the weight on all items that SHOULD have shipping/deliver included at checkout, to a weight greater than zero. Just a consideration before you add 1000's of flat rate ship products.

Well my SQL knowledge is not what it should be. Is there any way to update the weight in the products table to like 1 all the way down without doing it manually. :( I already have about 900 products in and would take me more than a minute to do this. :)

osjunkie...

the link should read...

gv_redeem.php/gv_no=3434

somehow, you have a comma that shouldn't be there. Track down where the comman is and you will fix your problem.

-R

I'm having problems with having to select a payment method even if the Gift voucher fully covers the amount. I know it's been talked about on pages 4 and 6 of this 72 page monster topic, but has there been a definate answer? Sorry if this is an easy one, but I've been looking over this topic for two days now to no avail.

Thanks

Tim

Edited by nyderrn

You still have to click the redeem voucher tick box. And depending on how you have your sort order setup it should work fine. Where exactly is it making you check the check box also, will it not let you off the checkout_payment page or another location?

Sorry but I have to try one more time and then I'll go away quietly.

Does anybody know if there's a way to add zones to the coupon...or if the functionality is already there, if you could tell me how to enable that?

thanks...

Strider: Yes; whenever, you get to the payment page, just tick the gift voucher box, and there is enough in the voucher account ot cover the charges, it gives the please select a payment method error. I was wondering if there was a fix for this or if it is normal and I should provide a little more explanation on the payment page when customers recieve this error. It doesn't seem like you should have to select a payment method when you choose to use your gift voucher credit that equals or exceeds the purchase amount.

Great Contribution (just wish I knew more about php to help out more) :(

Thanks

Tim