• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Hi,

I...

1. Selected the Money Order payment option.

2. Ticked the Gift Voucher option.

3. Hit the continue button

This is what I get:

Sub-Total: $59.85

Table Rate (Best Way): $4.00

Tax 0.06%: $3.83

Gift Vouchers: $59.85

Total: $7.83<-- Is this how it is supposed to work, subtracks 59.85, leaving the customer to pay for the shipping and tax?

I'm trying to use part of a Gift Voucher Balance of $150.00!

I just like to know if it looks like it working correctly or not. :unsure:

----------------------------------

If it is working correctly, then I'll have to add an entry to the GV FAQ, explaining that shipping and tax are NOT covered when using a GV as payment.

Sound good? ;)

Thanks!

P.S. I won't be back until after Christmas, so again, Happy Hoildays!

Running osC - 2.2MS2. P.S. Please don't ask for a link to my site, it is on a production server and not available for the general public, yet!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg: Do you have your shipping and tax set to false in either your discount coupons or your gv modules?

I have this fixed now but haven't uploaded it to the contribs. I was kind of wanting to test it a little more. I thought it might be a simple patch to fix this but it turned out to be a rewrite of part of it. I will try to upload the fixed contrib today sometime.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

akasharkbow: Sounds like you don't have the checkout process setup correctly. You can tell this for sure by looking in your orders table and seeing if the discount coupon was entered there.

I am not sure how to adjust the checkout process is it in the backend admin program or are you refering to phpmyadmin? I looked in the otders total table and it showed up there when the coupon was applied (if it was applied). Is there anywhere else it can show up?

I have it set so that there are 1000 uses for the coupon and the 1000 uses per user. Also, if I set the coupon to unlimited uses (leave them blank) and go back in and edit it, it shows them listed as 0. It means that I need to remember to edit them it else it loses it settings. Finally it defaults to todays date and one year from today. I wish it could keep the old settings.

Thanks so much for your help.

David

well if it is in the database it is ok and you don't need to mess with checkout process or the database

if it is set to 0 or blank means it has unlimited uses in either category

If you are running a stock store just copy the admin files over the other admin files and be sure to edit the application top and english(put your language here) in the admin. It sounds like you didn't edit a file correctly

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Hi Strider,

1. Your work is appreciated.

2. Thank you for your efforts!

------------------------

My Admin set up:

Discount Coupon

Display Total = true

Sort Order = 760

Include Shipping = true

Include Tax = true

Re-calculate Tax = Standard

Tax Class = Taxable Goods

Gift Vouchers

Display Total = true

Sort Order = 780

Queue Purchases = true

Include Shipping = false

Include Tax = false

Re-calculate Tax = None

Tax Class = --none--

Credit including Tax = false

Other settings sort order:

Sub-Total = 1

Shipping = 2

Tax = 3

Total = 900

I've set the GV that way, because I did not want shipping or tax to be added to a GV purchase. Did I do something wrong? :blink:

Thanks!

Running osC - 2.2MS2. P.S. Please don't ask for a link to my site, it is on a production server and not available for the general public, yet!

topic: the line to choose "Tick to use Gift Voucher account balance" did not show.

reason (as i suppose):

around line 122 in includes/modules/classes/order_total.php

instead of

$output_string = ' <tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" >' . "\n" .

it should be

$output_string .= ' <tr class="moduleRow" onmouseover="rowOverEffect(this)" onmouseout="rowOutEffect(this)" >' . "\n" .

that means = should change to .=

it still doesn't work 100% with me, but the reason for this will be that Gift Voucher has been installed several times, so the admin shows several Gift-Voucher-Modules (at modules/summary).

we will continue to check it.

Lena: mmm that's really not it. For now you just have to make sure that your sort order has discount coupons with a smaller number than the gift certificates.

GD: you gotta quit smokin that hooch.. *chuckles* .. let's see

1) you said

Gift Vouchers

Display Total = true

Sort Order = 780

Queue Purchases = true

Include Shipping = false  <<<<<<

Include Tax = false        <<<<<<<

Re-calculate Tax = None

Tax Class = --none--

that you didn't want the gv to pay for the tax and shipping

then you said

Sub-Total: $59.85

Table Rate (Best Way): $4.00  <<<<<<<<<<<

Tax 0.06%: $3.83    <<<<<<<<<<<<<

Gift Vouchers: $59.85

Total: $7.83<-- Is this how it is supposed to work, subtracks 59.85, leaving the customer to pay for the shipping and tax?

is this what the customer is suppose to pay? .. well since you told the gv not to include the tax or the shipping in figuring the total .. you could either get your customer to pay for it .. or give it to them for free

Strider,

Yeh, that spiked eggnog got me, lol. :P

It is working correctly now.

Thanks!

before I re release this code, are there any more bugs to be found or that I am not aware of? I have found quite a few and it really needs to be rereleased.

Hi Strider,

I had to add some stuff:

admin/includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php

define('COUPON_BUTTON_CONFIRM', 'Comfirm');

define('COUPON_BUTTON_BACK', 'Back');

define('COUPON_BUTTON_PREVIEW', 'Preview');

---------------------

admin/includes/languages/english/coupon_admin.php

define('TEXT_VISIT', 'when you visit ' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG);

to:

define('TEXT_VISIT', 'when you visit ' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'index.php');

---------------------

catalog/includes/languages/english/add_ccgvdc_english.php

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_CONFIRM', 'Confirm');

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_REDEEM', 'Redeem');

define('IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER', 'Redeem');

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_SEND', 'Send');

That's all. :D

Hi Strider,

Explanations:

admin/includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php

admin/includes/languages/english.php (Just in case)

EXAMPLE: When I would hover over the image the text would not show, it would show as, COUPON_BUTTON_CONFIRM , and the same with the catalog images listed below, that's all. ;)

define('COUPON_BUTTON_CONFIRM', 'Comfirm');

define('COUPON_BUTTON_BACK', 'Back');

define('COUPON_BUTTON_PREVIEW', 'Preview');

---------------------

EXAMPLE: When I received the e-mail, the link to my site was www.mydomain.com/catalog/ , which on my site would give you a blank index.html page. So I changed the link to load the correct link, www.mydomain.com/catalog/index.php , that's why. :)

to:

define('TEXT_VISIT', 'when you visit ' . HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'index.php');

---------------------

catalog/includes/languages/english/add_ccgvdc_english.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/english.php (Just in case)

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_CONFIRM', 'Confirm');

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_REDEEM', 'Redeem');

define('IMAGE_REDEEM_VOUCHER', 'Redeem');

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_SEND', 'Send');

---------------------

Also I forgot to add:

catalog/includes/filenames.php (Just in case)

// Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons (Version 5.06)

define('FILENAME_ADD_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS', 'add_checkout_success.php');

define('FILENAME_GV_FAQ', 'gv_faq.php');

define('FILENAME_GV_REDEEM', 'gv_redeem.php');

define('FILENAME_POPUP_COUPON_HELP', 'popup_coupon_help.php');

define('FILENAME_GV_SEND', 'gv_send.php');

---------------------

admin/includes/filenames.php (Just in case)

// Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons (Version 5.06)

define('FILENAME_COUPON_ADMIN', 'coupon_admin.php');

define('FILENAME_GV_MAIL', 'gv_mail.php');

define('FILENAME_GV_QUEUE', 'gv_queue.php');

define('FILENAME_GV_SENT', 'gv_sent.php');

define('FILENAME_LISTCATEGORIES', 'listcategories.php');

define('FILENAME_VALIDCATEGORIES', 'validcategories.php');

define('FILENAME_LISTPRODUCTS', 'listproducts.php');

define('FILENAME_VALIDPRODUCTS', 'validproducts.php');

:D

well hmmm .. greg, I appreciate the note but I don't have hover any hover buttons. And the filenames at the end of the note are included within the add_ccgv_xxxx files that you are suppose to insert into their respective files,

usually at the end of the file before the ?>

Now the index might be a good idea.

thank you

Hi Strider,

I was not trying to bug you, I just thought I'd post what I had to do to get the mod to work. ;)

Thanks for the mod, and when are you planning to release your updated version? :)

you weren't bothering me greg. actually I am trying to figure out how people are using this without the update to the last release.

and no one has said anything so I figured no one is using it.

Strider:

I'm waiting for the latest release.

I haven't installed the contrib yet, I was waiting till the bugs got worked out. But I am eager to see a new release with all the stuff packaged up in a bundle with instructions for dummies like me :-)

Khim~

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup :-)

Jason,

I will use it! Don?t worry but becaus of the substraction of the voucher doesn't work (as I said a few thread ago) I'm using the discount voucher only (for now).

On my shop it is working on this config:

subtotal: 1

VAT:3

discount: 740

(not active) voucher: 760

Total: 900

The strategy of using it is:

New customers is getting a 10% discount value on their first order (min buy 50 Swiss francs)

I also planned discounts during the year on different products and on different categories as well as for the "sales" period on a special categories that I will activate at the appropriate time for unsold items) that will increase the discount in different stage of the sales period....

I also did a "viral marketing" discount of 5%. So customers can give away to friends. But I would prefer to give a 5 bucks voucher for this (cannot do it if the voucher balance stuff doesn't work)

I'll be happy to see the voucher subtraction (in account) working but I have no time to figure it out now. I know it is a session value stuff ;)

I believe this mod is very useful and will see how it's going to work when I will integrate the discount with user level (not done yet) and will also implement User disallow payment module as well as max order on the first order...

Strider:

I installed the Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons Ver 5.10 a couple of days ago. It wasn't working until I saw the post from Greg Dunn on http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ic=52161&st=630. I followed his instructions and it seems to be working.After fiddling with various things like the Order Total module. Now I am struggling with shipping but that's another story and another topic!

To Ian and Jason and everyone who contributed thanks for a great contrib.

PS

Will someone who has time please test the gift voucher on my site at www.miltongems.co.uk and give me some feedback. Thanks.

Mary-Ann

Chief Cook and Bottlewasher

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

Help!!!

My Admin set up:

Discount Coupon <-- I have tried and tried to get this to work, no luck so far! :(

I created a coupon, I've gone through the checkout process, redeemed the coupon

(the coupon shows it has been redeemed within the popup window, and the database), but the Discount coupon does not show up on the checkout_confirmation.php page, and does not subtract the coupon's amount from the order's total.

I am lost!!! :blink:

-----------

I have tried these settings:

Discount Coupon

Display Total = true

Sort Order = 740

Include Shipping = true

Include Tax = true

Re-calculate Tax = none

Tax Class = -none-

Discount Coupon

Display Total = true

Sort Order = 740

Include Shipping = true

Include Tax = true

Tax Class = -none-

Discount Coupon

Display Total = true

Sort Order = 740

Include Shipping = true

Include Tax = true

Tax Class = Taxable Goods

Nothing worked!

What did everyone else who is using the Discount Coupon with the Gift Voucher "at the same time" do to get it to work?

-----------

Gift Vouchers <-- This is working great!

Display Total = true

Sort Order = 760

Queue Purchases = true

Include Shipping = true

Include Tax = true

Re-calculate Tax = None

Tax Class = --none--

-----------

Other settings sort order:

Sub-Total = 1

Shipping = 2

Tax = 3

Total = 900

--------------

Also, here's an update to my last post:

EXAMPLE: When I received the e-mail, the link to my site was www.mydomain.com/catalog/ , which on my site would give you a blank index.html page. So I changed the link to load the correct link, www.mydomain.com/catalog/index.php , that's why. 

to:

define('TEXT_VISIT', 'when you visit ' . 'http://www.mydomain.com/catalog/index.php');

I had to hardcode it, because I run my Admin under full SSL, and the link it added to the coupons e-mail was https://www.mydomain.com/catalog/index.php , notice the https:// I thought I would post this finding, just in case someone else runs their Admin under full SSL.

Sorry. :o

-------------

Hi Strider,

I have a request, can you add the (Valid Product List and Valid Categories List) restrictions that you gave to the Discount Coupons also to the Gift Vouchers?

Please! B) B) B)

I do not want customers to be able to purchase GV with a GV, as they can now.

THANK YOU :D

I just realised something. I do not have a popup window confirming anything. Where does this popup window actually arrive? All seems to be working on the Gift Voucher and Discount Coupon front except there is no popup window appearing anywhere.

Wish I could help you Greg but I'm still clueless and floundering around and sometimes just stumble upon things as I go along. Perseverance >>> :P I stare and stare at the screen until my eyes water...

Here are my settings for GV and DC. Don't know if that'll help you any.

My settings for

Gift Vouchers

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Queue Purchases

true

Include Shipping

true

Include Tax

true

Re-calculate Tax

None

Tax Class

--none--

Credit including Tax

false

=========================================

Discount Coupon

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Include Shipping

true

Include Tax

true

Re-calculate Tax

None

Tax Class

--none--

Mary-Ann

Chief Cook and Bottlewasher

Jack-of-All-Trades

Running 2.2MS2

what pop up window... the only popup window is to tell you if you have a coupon or a voucher and that is when you click on the link at the bottom of the shopping cart box where the text is

I'm sorry for confusing everyone about the popup window.

Yes, Strider the popup I was speaking of is the same one that you speak of being shown in the shopping cart box, I have added the GV/Coupon code from the shopping cart box to the account.php page (picture), so maybe that is why there was so much confusion about my statement from my last post.

------------------

Mary-at-Milton,

I apologize about any worry I may have caused you, if you have installed the mod and have your shopping cart box showing in your store, you should see the Coupon more info text link if you have redeemed a coupon (I'm guessing that's how it works). That is the popup window I was speaking of. Also, I have tried your settings and it changed nothing.

Well at least the GV system works. :D

-----------------

Strider,

I asked you in my last post:

I have a request, can you add the (Valid Product List and Valid Categories List) restrictions that you gave to the Discount Coupons also to the Gift Vouchers?

Please!

I do not want customers to be able to purchase GV with a GV, as they can now.

If you do not wish to add this capability to the mod, could you tell which files have the discount coupons code necessary for the (Valid Product List and Valid Categories List) restrictions?

Thanks