• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Hi Strider,

Didn't get a response before. Just like to know if I can use the latest version on MS1, or if not which is the best one to use. I have a HEAVILY modified MS1 so just can't see anyway in upgrading it.

Also just got thinking today if this is likely to interfere with other contributions like the affiliate ones, or if affiliate type mods need to be written for the credit class? I'm happy to try and write these if necessary.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strider -

I figured it all out and got those vouchers deleted via the database.

I just couldnt find all that information when I went in the first couple times but I managed to find it this time.

Thanks for the help and the awesome contribution!

Lord knows I'd never know how to write something like this...

aldaffodil: This contribution does not work on 2.2 it works on 2.2ms2

cshaun: The best version for 2.2.ms1 is 5.03 with the bug fixes ... You might want to go through ot_coupon and ot_gv and modify those to the latest release though. It works fine with the affiliate module or at least the ones I have installed.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Strider, thank you very much for your fast response.

Are those the only two files I need to update? And also are there any serious issues I need to worry about in doing this? The website is for quite a large company doing a lot of business, so I really need to get this right.

Also if I update the MS1 release is there any interest out there for an updated release for MS1?

Strider what affiliate contribution are you using? As far as I can see there's "Affiliate Program - Sales Tracking" and "osC Affiliate", but it's been a while since I investigated the whole affiliate scene.

cShaun: oh boy .. lol .. well one is you shouldn't use ms1. But that said, you will need to go through and make sure of the database calls within the 510 release of ot files to the product information to make sure those are correct. There are approximately 100 changes per file from the 5.03 code I believe. There are certain areas that work better than the 5.03 and that is mostly in the figuring out of values against products costs etc...

aldaffodil: ok I take it from one of your other posts you have installed the newest release? If so, have you gone into admin->modules->order totals and installed the gift voucher and/or discount coupon modules? If you have done this then you will see on the checkout payment screen the area to enter/redeem a discount coupon or gift voucher. The gift voucher tick will not show up til you have an amount within your voucher bank. To send a coupon in the email now you need to create a coupon and place the coupons code(which you created) in the admin->configuration->my store->Welcome Gift Voucher Amount: and admin->configuration->my store->Welcome Discount Coupon Code. The gift voucher amount determines whether or not it is sent in the email.

If you copied the new ccgv release over your existing original 2.2.2 code and edited the 9 or so files that you need to edit to put includes in that is all you have to do to make it run now.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

I just installed this today, the newest release. I have the flu so maybe I am just missing something but I keep getting an error.

On create an account I'm getting this error -

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /giftshop/create_account.php on line 328

my line 328 reads -

if ($messageStack->size('create_account') > 0) {

Can anyone give any pointers on what to fix here?

Thanks in advance,

Dana

Hi Strider,

you are doing a great job! I read through most of this thread and this is one of the best contributions. (Well supported)

Here is my problem:

I have sent a Gift Voucher to an email address. I sent it to myself. I was able to redeem it, it shows in the shopping cart box on the right. Then I add items to my shopping cart and proceed to checkout. So far everything is working fine.

At the payment method page, I have the checkbox "Click to use Gift Voucher..." I check the box. Above I have the authorize.net module. If I do not enter a credit card the Authorizenet complains. Even if the gift voucher amount is greater than the shopping cart total. If I do enter a credit card (VALID) it proceeds to the next screen and shows the correct amounts in the order total page. When I press the process order, I get the error message: "Error processing credit card: contact your bank".

What to do? I am thinking of reinstalling Authorizenet.com module or the CGV...

please advise,

Ron Peled

Ron: Hey Ron how are you doing ltns ... take the latest release and install that. I think that will take care of your problems. There are really A LOT of bugs fixed in this version. (and probably a few that have cropped up)

Hi Strider,

A few observations...

In catalog/gv_send.php

The line:

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE);

Should be:

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_SEND, '', 'NONSSL'));

or

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_GV_SEND, '', 'SSL'));

If you want visitors to enter their info on a SSL page.

(Note: You'll have to have a SSL Cert installed to use the second setting)

AND

The line:

<base href="<?php echo (getenv('HTTPS') == 'on' ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

Should be:

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

AND

The line:

<td align="right"><br><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_send.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>

Should be:

<td align="right"><br><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_send.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_SEND); ?></td>

AND maybe

The line:

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_continue.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_CONTINUE); ?></td>

Should be:

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_image_submit('button_send.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_SEND); ?></td>

;)

Also, this define statement for the send image:

Should be:

define('IMAGE_BUTTON_SEND', 'Send');

not

define('IMAGE_BUUTON_SEND', 'Send');

In the files:

catalog/includes/languages/add_ccgvdc_english.php

and

catalog/includes/languages/english.php

---------------------------------------------

I hope these little things help, if not then sorry. :P

Thanks for the mod! :D

Running osC - 2.2MS2. P.S. Please don't ask for a link to my site, it is on a production server and not available for the general public, yet!

Hi again,

I received this error message after sending part of a GV to someone: :(

Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /home/username/public_html/catalog/gv_send.php on line 69

Line 69:

sprintf(EMAIL_GV_TEXT_HEADER, $currencies->format($HTTP_POST_VARS['amount'])) . "\n" .

Does anyone know what will fix this?

I'm running credit class gv/dc v5.10

Thanks!

Running osC - 2.2MS2. P.S. Please don't ask for a link to my site, it is on a production server and not available for the general public, yet!

Can someone please add the Gift Voucher Balance and Send Gift Voucher link to the account.php file?

Adding a new box under the E-mail Notifications box that works like the shopping cart box would be great. I don't use the shopping cart box, so the GV info doesn't show.

Example:

Title-> Gift Vouchers / Coupons

Green arrow -> Gift Voucher Balance $50.00

Green arrow -> Send Gift Voucher

I've tried to make it work, but no luck. :(

Thanks!

hey ron, you can use the existing database tables .. there are 2 new inserts at the top of the sql that you will need to run

GD: I have tried multiple ways to break the gv_send and haven't been able to. What were you or what did you do to break it.

Jason,

I have just finished updating all the 99 files to the new version including the two lines of the database and I still get the same problem. I think it might be the authorizenet.com module. any clues?

Ron Peled

Ron if you are using the basic authorize.net module out of the basic installation you can go to http://www.oscworks.com/work/anew_ccgv/index.php

and see that the cc works ok.

If you are using a different authorize.net module then you need to make sure of how you merge the two.

Hi Strider,

GD: I have tried multiple ways to break the gv_send and haven't been able to. What were you or what did you do to break it.

All I did was to use it to send part of a GV to someone, that is what the gv_send.php file is for correct?

The amount was sent, but after it was the error code I listed below was shown at the top of the gv_send.php page after sending the GV e-mail. :huh:

Warning: sprintf(): Too few arguments in /home/username/public_html/catalog/gv_send.php on line 69

Line 69:

sprintf(EMAIL_GV_TEXT_HEADER, $currencies->format($HTTP_POST_VARS['amount'])) . "\n" .

I hope that made sense.

Thanks

interesting ... I just tried it with that and it worked fine. try it on the site I listed for ron if you would and see if you get the same thing. I made the gv's not queued but you get a gv if you signup anyway.

Hi Strider,

I just tried out your site, I bought a GV, sent part of it and I did not receive the error message after sending the e-mail.

I guess I'll go through the install again and see if I can fix the error message? :unsure:

Thanks

Hey Strider,

Line 69:

Fixed my problem! :D

Problem: I keep getting an error message during the order process to the effect of "...sprintf(): too few arguments...".

Solution: You may have changed the EMAIL_GV_TEXT_HEADER text.

Some which contained wild cards such as "%s. These must not be duplicated if you are creating the text block. Delete the superfluous "%s".

In other words, I duplicated some text with %s that I should not have added on the same line. After I deleted the extra text with the extra %s, problem solved.

My bad! :rolleyes: Nothing you did.