• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Ok interesting things happening here.? I would like to thank the developers of this mod.? It's working like a charm.... almost ;)

First, I am running a modded install which includes a dimensional shipping module for canada post, and a few home brew modifications.

Now, the problem I am having is I can't seem to figure out 2 things.?

1) I can't skip the shipping for a gift voucher.? I've looked for enable downloads in the admin->configuration and can't find it.? Maybe I am just overlooking it.? I think this would solve all my problems.

2) I can't tell if a gift voucher is really created in my catalog.? I create a gift voucher via catalog->new product with GIFT10 as my model number, value is $10.? I still get shipping options presented even with a weight/dimension of 0lbs, 0hx0wx0d.

Sooo... I think if I solve issue 1, issue 2 will go away.? Any takers?

PS I am having no problems what-so-ever with the email users features of the vouchers/coupons.

1) In the Configuration Box of Admin you have the option "Download" on the left side. Click that link and you will be presented four configuration options, one of them is "Enable download".

/Fred

Hallo!

If I Enable download the shipping is skipped for all products! Also the giftwrap.

Do anybody have a solution?

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May I ask a quick question regarding this contribution? May I ask if we should use Credit Class/GV/Discount Coupons v5.03 (plus bug fix for v5.03) for 2.2 MS1 or can we use GV-DC 5.06?

Many thanks.

Best regards,

Elmo

Jason,

I forgot to ask you if you knw whether Credit Class/GV/Discount Coupons v5.03 (plus the 07/07/2003 - GV5.03 Bug Fixes) have fix all the bugs?

May I also ask if we can use both the "Discount for Payment Type" (http://oscommerce.com/community/contributions,248/page,2) and Credit Class/GV/Discount Coupons v5.03 for MS1?

Many thanks, Jason! :D

Best regards,

Elmo

If I click on Coupon Admin in the menu, I get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare create_coupon_code() (previously declared in /home/plezuret/public_html/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/admin/coupon_admin.php:24) in /home/plezuret/public_html/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/admin/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php on line 25

How would I fix this?

Sorry, originally posted to wrong forum!

Hi all, I have my settings as follows:

Discount Coupons 5

Gift Vouchers 4

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 6

Sub-Total: ?10.00

Shipping: ?0.00

UK VAT: ?1.49

Discount Coupons:Round Robin: ?10.00

Total: ?-1.47

I have a gift voucher of ?10 I have redeemed and and a product I have entered at ?10 with prices showing with tax inclusive. What I trying to acheive is the ?10 coupon should give me a balance of zero to pay and I want the shipping to be included in the transaction. I have set the shipping to register as zero for this product to try and sort the maths out first for the coupon.

I'm a bit lost on this so if anyone can assist it would really help.

Cheers

elmo: I actually don't know .. in fact I didn't know there was a bug fix file for 5.03

dj_blueshift: it seems you have your add_ccgvdc_application_top.php included in multiple places.

phpsauce: that doesn't make any sense. From what you said to what you show does not act anything at all like gvdc.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

elmo: I actually don't know .. in fact I didn't know there was a bug fix file for 5.03

dj_blueshift: it seems you have your add_ccgvdc_application_top.php included in multiple places.

phpsauce: that doesn't make any sense. From what you said to what you show does not act anything at all like gvdc.

Thanks for your reply, Jason! You offer a lot of help to me and I appreciate this very much! :D

Best regards,

Elmo

hi

set in catalog/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php

define('NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT', '0');

define('NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON', '');

regards martin

Thanks,

I updated that info. How can i disable GIFT VOUCHER "Gift Voucher FAQ" I don't want this to show up on main page. Becasue when my credit card processing company sees that info there then they believe that I am selling Gift Voucher.

Thanks

Edited by djdn

OK i have this problem..... make me getting headache

Senders Name Voucher Value Voucher Code Date Sent Action

Admin $1.00 0d6a74d2f6 11/21/2003

Admin $15.00 49cdad816d 11/21/2003

Admin $1.00 e7757ebb0e 11/22/2003

Admin $15.00 49cdad816d 11/22/2003

Admin $1.00 84e696fac2 11/22/2003

Displaying 21 to 26 (of 26 gift vouchers) << Page 12 of 2 >>

[3] $15.00

Senders ID: 0

Amount Sent: $15.00

Date Sent: 11/21/2003

Voucher Code: 49cdad816d

Email Addr: drssssxxxx***[email protected]

Date Redeemed: 11/15/2003

IP Address: 219.95.15.129

Customer Id: 14

each time a customer create an account he get $1 then there is another $15 added to this drsss email, it says it was sent on 21st and redemed on 15th , why he get vaucher each time other people join?

isk isk isk. whats wrong..

Jaleel

It depends on how you have them setup.

from what you said

Admin $15.00 49cdad816d 11/21/2003

Admin $1.00 e7757ebb0e 11/22/2003

Admin $1.00 84e696fac2 11/22/2003

you have 3-$15 vouchers of the same code which means it is just one voucher but you have sent it 3 times. Are you sending two vouchers to each person when they signup?

How do the customers get the vouchers?

or are these discount coupons

remember

coupons=discount coupons

vouchers = gift vouchers ..

by intermingling the two definitions makes it very hard to define what is going on

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Hi all,

I have over the last few days installed the Gift Voucher system. I have modified store in the first place so life was never gonna be simple. I thought I might share our objectives and post how we got there incase it helps someone. And also, someone might tell us if we've got it wrong somewhere :(

This is an intrim report we have a lot of testing to do!

We wanted to be able to offer %coupons and specific amount coupons along with gift vouchers. We also wanted the coupon value to be deducted and then the VAT(tax) to be adjusted after the coupon amount was taken off as we didn't want to pay the VAT on something we hadn't sold( we are going to check this with the accountant, so, there maybe an update to this!).

Here are our settings for the order total (we are recalculating the tax):

-------------------------------------------

Discount Coupons 5

Gift Vouchers 6

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 7

Total 999

--------------------------------------------------------

Discount Coupon

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Include Shipping

true

Include Tax

true

Re-calculate Tax

Standard

Tax Class

--none--

-------------------------------------------------

Gift Vouchers

Display Total

true

Sort Order

Queue Purchases

true

Include Shipping

true

Include Tax

true

Re-calculate Tax

None

Tax Class

--none--

Credit including Tax

false

---------------------------------------------------------------

We had a bit of fun getting this to work. This next bit works for us and might be completely wrong so please tell me if it is!

It appeared that when you got the %coupons to total properly the specific amount coupons would not total and vice a versa. After some head scratching and pain I came up with this code change in the ot_coupon.php file on about line 304:

//$order->info['total'] -= $tod_amount;

$order->info['total'] + $order->info['tax'];

Now I may have bullsed up here but everthing works now.

Regarding the Gift vouchers we have opted that when we add them as a product (remember the "GIFT" bit for the model number) and we add them as Tax Class --none--. the reason we do this is we think you don't charge VAT(tax) on gift vouchers in the UK until they are redeemed. (another question for the accountant B) ). You must then change the Recalculate Tax in the Gift Vouchers to None.

Remember this is an intrim update, we may have got it all wrong, if so I'm sorry.

Otherwise, I must say that this looks to be a great contribution and thanks to all who have added bit to the forum, especially aezalpha who kind put me in the right direction for the code fix.

Regards

Chris

a very nice report phpsauce...

you might want to change the

//$order->info['total'] -= $tod_amount;

$order->info['total'] + $order->info['tax'];

back to what it was and change on line 40 of ot_coupon the word none to None

I think this will satisfy your needs better .. it is one of the bugs in ot_coupon that is being fixed for the next release.

also the line that you replaced I don't believe does anything... unless the nomenclature of + actually ='s += now ..

I see what you mean with the "None" comment.

Thanks for that.

I have to own up to not knowing exactly what I done other than goning a step at a time and the change I made gave me the result I was looking for :rolleyes: without any noticeable side effects(yet!)

I will try taking it out tomorrow and do the change you suggest.

Cheers

thanks strider for making such a cool contribute.... so easy to use!

i have a question about voucher products... when you purchase a voucher, the voucher will be placed in the queue... is there anyway you can bypass that... so once the transaction is made, the value is redeemed and confirmed... thanx...

justin

juworld-you can make the product not queue itself in admin->modules->order total->gift voucher but you might want to think of that .. it can be a very large security hole if someone buys vouchers with a bad credit card .. but then you can always just kill that voucher I suppose.

I've installed this mod and everything has been working brilliantly, except that I cant access the admin section... I'm getting this

BOX_COUPON_ADMIN

BOX_GV_ADMIN_QUEUE

BOX_GV_ADMIN_MAIL

BOX_GV_ADMIN_SENT

and each link goes to that src and those pages don't existing.. I'm sure I'm doing something wrong....

Hi, back to my problem,

the Vaucher is added to the database each time customer sign up.

Its a Gift Vaucher, I set it to $1 instead of default 10, no other changes.

define('NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT', '1');

define('NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON', '3'); is this mean i am also sending coupon? it never show up in email though.

the same Gift Vaucher say its for customer id 14, but the email address it say it send it changes to other email address.

the same Vaucher is there 7 time already but they were never emailed to customer for second, third, fouth time etc. its just adding it to database.

Oh, now i understand

that is the number 3 vaucher :D which is sending to everyone, isk isk.

Now I set it to 0 and "" in them and added

//// if ((NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT > 0) || (NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON != '')) {

// $email_text .= EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;

//// }

// ICW - CREDIT CLASS CODE BLOCK ADDED ******************************************************* END

$email_text .= EMAIL_WELCOME . EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;

where create_account.php is

Hi!

Another problem with Sort Order..

My sort orders is..

Modules Sort Order Action

Discount Coupons 760

Gift Vouchers 740

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 900

If I change Total to 10 i get following results when I checkout..

(The total is correct if I dont offer the discount (276+139=415))

Sub-Total: 276:-

Table Rate (Best Way): 139:-

Moms: 83:-

Total: 415:-

Discount Coupons:123456: 100:-

If I change Total to 900 i get following results when I checkout..

Sub-Total: 276:-

Table Rate (Best Way): 139:-

Moms: 83:-

Discount Coupons:123456: 100:-

Total: 295:-

Why 295:-?? It should be 315:-

I?m using COD as payment.

OScommerce 2.2 MS2

Anyone?!!! I have tried to disable tax, shipping etc etc.. And I cant get it work.

Sub-Total and Table rate is with tax, I must show prices with tax.

Please...

/Patrick Andersson