• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Just 1 thing Jason, is there going to be a fix so that I can have the GV abouve the total? It would be less confusing if the customer sees the total as purchases+tax+shipping - GV. understand?

Thanks,

Ken

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know .. actually I can have it above my total without any problem

I think it has to do with many things... but I don't have the resources to test it like it needs to be tested.

what versions of php and mysql are you running ..

what web server are you running on... etc etc etc

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Ken, are you sure you haven't changed anything else?

I changed the GV to 740 so that it it has the highest sort value. I'm also made sure that tax and shipping were set to TRUE.

I also removed and then installed the Discount through the admin panel (modules). Now when I try to checkout with the GV (total still $0.00) I get the following error:

There has been an error processing your credit card. Please try again.

Any ideas?

~P~

I think this totally has to do with settings, or finding the right set of settings. As of right now I get the error as explained above. However, if I change Include Shipping/Tax to false on either on in the DISCOUNT COUPONS module, then instead of the above error, it sends me to my payment processor.

But I'm having problems with the GV not the Discount Coupons, although I am sure they are both connected.

:blink:

~P~

priest what version of php and mysql are you running on?

try it without the dc just to test it.

then reinstall the dc and try it like it says in the install with sort orders set correctly.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Hello All!

Man I have tried to check all posts but might have missed the answer to my problem, if I did, sorry. 2nd I am pretty new to PHP and OSC. Learning as I screw up. LOL

I am running 2.2ms2 and had errors worked out and all working fine.

Uploaded the files form the zip folder, ran the sql file in phpmyadmin.

All seems fine at this point. Went to admin and installed coupon mod.

Set up three test coupon codes.

Went to place a dummy order and when I go to shopping cart I get :

1146 - Table 'ocx74_commerce.TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

Any ideas what I did wrong?

I went to phpmyadmin and looked, I see that entry, dont know what Im looking for though.

Any help appreciated.

you didn't mod the catalog include files .. please read the install html file in the zip they don't overwrite things like filenames.php database.php or english.php you have to edit and paste ..

but sounds like your doing pretty good .. good luck

Hello Strider,

Thanks for the quick reply, for the past few hours I have been looking over all the files, and back tracked every step I made. I am really sure I followed the install.html exactly. (obviously....lol)

Maybe Im just blind or cant see the forest for the trees............

I know I made a mistake somewhere, and I am sure by your post it is somthing simple. I just cant seem to figure it out? Maybe I am just to frustrated to see clearly. I found two other posts on the same error, one said they fixed it, but not how, the other said it was fixed in the define files, but again no detail.

Is there a list somewhere of the exact additions the contribution makes to the indiv. files? Rather than me printing the back up files and comparing line by line to the replacements?

Or maybe you caould give me an idea of which files to look at where my error may be other than just the list of 24 files listed as "edit" that were existing prior.

I think you clarified that the error was in the catalog/includes, so that narrows me down to 8 modified files if i understood you right.

In your reply: "they don't overwrite things like filenames.php database.php or english.php you have to edit and paste" I feel kind of stupid, I guess I just dont get something. I copied each file one at a time, and re placed the existing. after I read your post. First time I just uploaded. If you mean edit the indivual file by hand from the original, that is fine, but not sure what exactly I am to edit :rolleyes: I did edit and add the "require" lines as stated in the install.html.

Much appreciated if you have any ideas.

Thanks,

Michael

I have tried to find the answer but no good!

I want to be able to edit the email that thhis contribution sends as it is ending the text twice (e.g. the features text)

how do i remove one of the duplicated paragraphs

thanks

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Sorry for the previous post......I missed the one line on the directions I needed to pay attention to.. LOL

"search for the string ICW which is at the start of all edit/amend comments"

I looked and sure enough, its there.

Sorry about that.

I am still looking for my problem, but now I know how to find it! LOL

Hello all,

I'm looking for a german translation for this contribution, especially for the files coupon_admin.php, create_account.php, coupon_restrict.php which are still in english in the german directory of the ZIP package... ;)

Does anyone can help to find those translations ?

Thanks

Jason,

Look what is sent for new customers:

We welcome you to SkySoldier Prints.

You can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include:

Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.

Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.

Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.

Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.

For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: [email protected].

Note: This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to [email protected].

Congratulation, to make your first visit to our online shop a more rewarding experience

below are details of a Discount Coupon created just for you

To use the coupon enter the redeem code which is  during checkout,

after making a purchase

You can now take part in the various services we have to offer you. Some of these services include:

Permanent Cart - Any products added to your online cart remain there until you remove them, or check them out.

Address Book - We can now deliver your products to another address other than yours! This is perfect to send birthday gifts direct to the birthday-person themselves.

Order History - View your history of purchases that you have made with us.

Products Reviews - Share your opinions on products with our other customers.

For help with any of our online services, please email the store-owner: [email protected].

Note: This email address was given to us by one of our customers. If you did not signup to be a member, please send an email to [email protected].

Do you know why it is doing this?

Ken

Find this line

$email_text .= EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;

and delete the EMAIL_TEXT bit so it looks like this

$email_text .= EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;

regards

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Hi.

Just istalled this contribution and I am getting the following error in admin when I click on Modules->Order Total:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class ot_coupon in c:\phpdev\www\aspoiledpet\includes\modules\order_total\ot_coupon.php on line 14

Redeclare? Any ideas what may be wrong?

My modules directory seems to contain the correct modules.

Thanks!

I could have sworn that had been fixed in the last release.

Note on things to fix:

1) fix emails added text

2) a more accessible coupon and gift voucher codes for email

3) look into language in email

4) fred's changes for sessions/globals to make it play with all php's(yuck)

yes these are notes for me .. I have to keep them somewhere

Are there any bugs/new ideas people have?

Thanks mark, but you didnt say which file that is in? Ill look around, probably application top?... any case I can see how that will take of the double lines, but will it aslo take care of the problem of not sending the information for the coupon. as you can see the customer does not get a coupon number.

Ken

Thanks mark, but you didnt say which file that is in? Ill look around, probably application top?...

sorry ken

it is in catalog/create_account.php - i have some mods installed so i can't give you line number

regards

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

Hello all, back for some more words of wisdom.

I have my previous probs. resolved, I deleted all files, restore store and started over, hand editing each file. Also added lines to filenames.php and database_tables.php I read from a past post. (I dont recall this being in the install.html? with my zip file, maybe I missed it) Either way, it corrected my problem.

Now in the check out process when it calls the payment.php file I get the following error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: count_contents_virtual() in /home/ocx74/public_html/shop/catalog/checkout_payment.php on line 75

Code in checkout_payment.php:

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order.php');

$order = new order;

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

$order_total_modules = new order_total;//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

if (!tep_session_is_registered('comments')) tep_session_register('comments');

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();

$total_count = $cart->count_contents();

$total_count = $cart->count_contents_virtual(); //ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

The last line is line 75 in my file.

I dont think that is where the prob. is. Do you know where this function is defined so I can look there for errors?

Thanks,

Michael

you have 2 ot_coupons in there somehow with different names.

On translations they will be discussed in the next post...

Sorry for the dumb question if it is, but are you meaning I have the ot_coupons

mod duplicated somewhere? Are did you mean that I have it defined twice some where with same function?

Thanks,

Michael