• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Priest,

I am using OSC2.2 m2

and if my gift voucher is larger than the total of purchase I go right to confirm

it doesnt try to direct to a payment prosessor.

I think your problem is in the setup of your 2authorize setup, it is calling to this payment module automaticly.

Try disabling your payment gateway and try a test order

see if that is it.

Merlin

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note for those people who get directed to checkout_shipping when only purchasing vouchers:

Make sure you have enabled downloads in your admin->confiuration section. Otherwise the checkout process assumes everthing is a physical good and hence the shipping page.

Regards,

Brian.

hi:

first of all I'd like to thank for such a great mod!! Works "almost" fine. I've only one problem.

When a customer purchase with a gift cert., the item is purchased OK if the voucher is over the product prize, but if not, it doesn't deduct the amount of the remaining voucher balance.

Here's an example:

Subtotal: $16.50

Total: $16.50

Gift Vouchers: $8.50

What am I doing wrong? My Specs are:

GV v5.6

PHP 4.2.2

Thanks in advance!!

Priest,

I am using OSC2.2 m2

and if my gift voucher is larger than the total of purchase I go right to confirm

it doesnt try to direct to a payment prosessor.

I think your problem is in the setup of your 2authorize setup, it is calling to this payment module automaticly.

Try disabling your payment gateway and try a test order

see if that is it.

Merlin

Well, I have disabled my payment Gateway (2CheckOut) and it works as expected, going straight to checkout completion, but then again once I disable 2CheckOut, I don't have any payment options setup.

Secondly, I have added PayPal as a payment option. Chose that as my payment method, proceeded as usual and with a balance due of $0.00, it still directly me to PayPal.

This seems to be a problem no matter what payment modules I use. I really think this is an error in one of the checkout php files that is causing it to still direct to payment processor instead of redirect to complete order when the voucher covers the entire amount and amount owed is $0.00.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Priest

priest y ou might relook at how you modified code their should be a line similar to

// load the selected payment module

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');

if ($credit_covers) $payment=''; //ICW added for CREDIT CLASS

$payment_modules = new payment($payment);

//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'order_total.php');

in checkout_confirmation.php

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

I just disabled all payment moduels just to see if I could check out with only a gift voucher....didn't work. I recieved a run time error stating an object is requiered.

No matter which paypal module I use (I have IPN as well as the default one) if the total due is 0....I still get forwarded to paypal for payment.

To install the gift voucher contribution, I did a overwrite. If there is sombody who uses paypal with this contribution and is not experiencing this problem, could you please post all your settings you have in admin.

One more thig Jason : )....in the checkou confirmation, the if line that has

if ($credit_covers) $payment='';

When I am going through the payment process, this string ($credit_coves) has no value even though I have a gift voucher and checked the box for use.

I hope someone actually reads this. I had a feeling this modification would be too complicated for me, and i was right. My store is http://synthea.com/store/default.php and its totally messed up after installing this.

I get this in the Shopping Cart

Shopping Cart  
1146 - Table 'synthea_osc1.TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER' doesn't exist

select amount from TABLE_COUPON_GV_CUSTOMER where customer_id = '3'

[TEP STOP]

In my admin area, I have this new -

BOX_HEADING_GV_ADMIN  
BOX_COUPON_ADMIN
BOX_GV_ADMIN_QUEUE
BOX_GV_ADMIN_MAIL
BOX_GV_ADMIN_SENT

There is NOTHING anywhere that says anything about the vouchers or anything.

I saved a backup before I tried this, and it will not restore it! Can anyone help?

Amy

And when I log off I get this

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/logoff.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/synthea/public_html/store/logoff.php on line 17

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/logoff.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/synthea/public_html/store/logoff.php on line 17

-Synthea

Amy

Jason, I just installed your contribution on a clean MS2.2, no changes, no other mods. I did a overwrite of the files you included in 506 and I get the same results....... voucher covers all charges, click submit and i am taken to paypal.

The only thing that is not clean is the database....so i assume that some admin setting i have is causing the problem. Do you have any ideas?

ken

synthia try adding all the files .. the error your getting shows that you don't have your database table names added to your database files name file or your includes added to your application top file .. if you need to know how to add everything read the install.htm file .. it is failrly good at telling you what you need to add and where .. step by step...

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

oh yes .. ken I run paypalipn and I have no troubles

I do run into troubles if I don't maintain the proper sort orders etc ...

I am still having the same problem. I had the Order Total as the highest, so I changed it and made Gift Vouchers the highest, but am still encountering the same problem.

No matter what, as long as the GV covers the total amount, it still proceeds to the payment processor when it should proceed to complete the order.

Current Sort Order

Discount Coupons 3

Gift Vouchers 740

Shipping 4

Sub-Total 1

Tax 2

Total 6

~Priest~

Edited by Priest

well I just spent the last 4 hours playing with it.. and I can make it go to the payment processor if the gv sort is less than the total and I can tell you how it does it and why .. but with the gv set to the highest sort it doesn't

take the info from the checkout_confirmation page and show me that please...

Here is the checkout confirmation:

Sub-Total .02

Gift Vouvhes .02

total 0.00

in admin I have

1 subtotal

2 shipping

3 tax

4 discount coupon

5 gift voucher

6 total

i have set to include shipping and tax to true and false with both the gv and dc

set your gv to 740 include shipping and tax

did you click on a payment type? it shouldn't matter either way.

if you still have problems .. remove the discount coupons and reinstall it.. by the admin buttons. I take it in the answers you wrote you don't have shipping. or do you have free shipping set to 0.01 or something