• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Fasteddie then set your coupon to 60$ limit or you can look at how you do your coupons also and determine if you want to add or not add shipping and tax .. look in modules/order totals

to everyone that keeps emailing me telling me that I can't seem to figure out how to create a gift voucher and it's not in the install guide..

in the install html file within the file .. there is a section on about the last page that specifically states

Creating the Gift Voucher product:

As mentioned above, the Gift Voucher is created just like any other product in your store. The only extra requirement is that you set the first 4 charachters to GIFT. So for example if you are creating a $10.00 Gift Voucher then you could set the product model to GIFT10.

fred: sorry about my tardiness in answering.. I don't seem to be getting emails about posts in this forum... well I like the idea of going with the $_SESSION just because I think it is the path down which we need to travel... yet I also understand that not all servers are running 4.2 and above .. 4.1 was suppose to have the $_SESSION but it didn't work worth crap. and actually I think it was 4.2.2 before it played correctly. You can look into the old archives for session discussions we had .. *shaking head* ..

to stay with current conventions I would suggest going with the tep_session call then for people that have > 4.2 at least changing the way the sessions are handled there. Yes it is slower a little bit but will allow code conforming standards. or *grins* we don't stay within coding conventions and cause anyone to use this contrib to make their isp's upgrade to a php that does support the session vars .. lol

actually I think a new rev will need to come out soon there is a guy named mackie I think that also had some good comments.. maybe we could all sit down for an afternoon and kind of shoot the breeze and see if there is anything we are missing ... now finding the afternoon will be the part that is hard.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this isn't where this is suppose to go but I have gone through hell and back with ws-ftp and cute-ftp and a few others.

I came upon a program called leach-ftp that is just great. In fact it lists the files it has trouble with and after uploading close to 100,000 files since I got it .. I have only lost about 10

The Best thing about it though .. is it's free

I have gotten in the habit also of deleting files before uploading .. and also doing a refresh of the dir afterwards ..

but I would suggest leach to my little brother

did I mention it was free?

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

fred: sorry about my tardiness in answering.. I don't seem to be getting emails about posts in this forum... well I like the idea of going with the $_SESSION just because I think it is the path down which we need to travel... yet I also understand that not all servers are running 4.2 and above .. 4.1 was suppose to have the $_SESSION but it didn't work worth crap. and actually I think it was 4.2.2 before it played correctly. You can look into the old archives for session discussions we had .. *shaking head* ..

to stay with current conventions I would suggest going with the tep_session call then for people that have > 4.2 at least changing the way the sessions are handled there. Yes it is slower a little bit but will allow code conforming standards. or *grins* we don't stay within coding conventions and cause anyone to use this contrib to make their isp's upgrade to a php that does support the session vars .. lol

actually I think a new rev will need to come out soon there is a guy named mackie I think that also had some good comments.. maybe we could all sit down for an afternoon and kind of shoot the breeze and see if there is anything we are missing ... now finding the afternoon will be the part that is hard.

Hi Jason,

now I have some code that is NOT using $_SESSION[] but the code standards we were talking about and it seems to work great. It should be compatible with both PHP <4.0.6 and PHP >=4.0.6 I think. I am using tep_session_xxxx() and $GLOBALS[] instead of $_SESSION[].

I have implemented this throughout the contribution (i.e in both the GV and the DC part) but I have only been able to test it for the DC part (discount coupon). Also the coupon link is displayed right away in the shopping cart when you redeem a code as it should.

I have also fixed a bug in the coupon admin code. Now you can edit the Start and End date. There was a bug preventing you from editing the dates at least from seeing the Start and End date.

Is it possible for you to test the new code? I do not want to release it before someone can test it and verify that it's OK.

/Fred

Very happy!!!

This contribution rocks! By combining this with our click streaming module we can see which customers are online and instantly email them a discount! Very valuable!

What would be cool to do, if someone wants to do it is make a small flashing text message in the shopping cart to notify the customer of the coupon and be able to click on it to redeem it.

Thanks!

Brad

I have installed the gv system on a fresh install and i get this error

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: box in /homepages/34/d84309762/htdocs/catalog/includes/boxes/gv_admin.php on line 34

}

$box = new box;

echo $box->menuBox($heading, $contents); <<<<<<Line 34

?>

Any ideas pls

thanks

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

I have run into the following problem:

To start with, I have the EXACT same code on the same site with the subdirectory of catalog for my main store. Now I want to create another store on the same domain with the subdirectory of supplies. It's all installed and working fine EXCEPT when you visit the supply page I get the following error:

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_group_id' in 'where clause'

select specials_new_products_price from specials where products_id = '85' and status and customers_group_id = 0

[TEP STOP]

Now when I try to visit the actual categories I get:

1054 - Unknown column 'customers_group_id' in 'where clause'

select specials_new_products_price from specials where products_id = '72' and status and customers_group_id = 0

[TEP STOP]

Now what could the problem be? The coding is the same, I have installed ALL the additional SQL additions I need to. I'm ready to pull my hair out.

If anyone wants the URL to take a look it's here:

http://www.unycornesdreams.com/supplies

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Heather

heather those are in the easy populate contrib and that says they are in the

// this is for the separate price per customer module

not in cc or credit class

mark which version are you running on? do you have the box class defined? are all of your other boxes coming up with the same error?

Strider

I am running it on the MS2 release that i got about 2 weeks ago...

I have removed the require statement in english.php and my page is fine now...

As soon as i add it back in i get the error...

Thanks for any help

regards

mark

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

heather those are in the easy populate contrib and that says they are in the

// this is for the separate price per customer module

not in cc or credit class

Sorry! I guess I'm just going a little :wacko: trying to get this running.

::Off to find the right forum::

Have a great day!

Heather

I've gone through the install for this contribution. It shows up fine in my admin panel.

When i log in at my store, however, i get the following information in the shopping cart box:

1146 - Table 'theembel_commerce.coupon_gv_customer' doesn't exist

select amount from coupon_gv_customer where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

When i try to create a new customer, i get something similar:

1146 - Table 'theembel_commerce.coupons' doesn't exist

select coupon_code from coupons where coupon_code = '13d3d78da2'

[TEP STOP]

Did i need to do something to my database for this to work?

You can see the site here:

https://catalog.theembellishmentstore.com

I tried to create a new customer but i don't know if it worked.

Thanks

I have installed this contrib on MS2.2 and it has been working perfect until I discovered a problem today. When someone uses a Gift Voucher and their balance is $0.00, instead of skipping the payment processor and completing the order, it goes to the payment processor page with errors, of course, because they can't process $0.00.

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks,

Priest

No, I have customers who are purchasing in-stock products for $12.00. They are then using their $18.00 Gift Voucher balance, so that they do not have to pay ANYTHING. This makes their balance $0.00.

Now, they way it is supposed to work from this point is when they Continue, instead of passing through the payment processor variables, it skips them and proceeds to complete their order.

However, it is not doing this. Instead, it is still trying to go to the payment processor.

It did this before on my pre-MS2.2 version when I first installed the Credit Class and Gift Voucher system, but someone was able to help me fix it. Now that I have upgraded to MS2.2 and am using the Credit Class and GV for 2.2, it is doing it again now.

I just have no clue how to fix it. I think there is supposed to be some code (somewhere) that detects the balance as to whether proceed to payment processor or skip and complete order.

~Priest~

I've gone through the install for this contribution. It shows up fine in my admin panel.

When i log in at my store, however, i get the following information in the shopping cart box:

1146 - Table 'theembel_commerce.coupon_gv_customer' doesn't exist

select amount from coupon_gv_customer where customer_id = '2'

[TEP STOP]

When i try to create a new customer, i get something similar:

1146 - Table 'theembel_commerce.coupons' doesn't exist

select coupon_code from coupons where coupon_code = '13d3d78da2'

[TEP STOP]

I am also getting this issue. Anyone care to enlighten me???

Thanx for any help

--Jeremy

Priest I don't KNOW what you have so I have to ask ignorant questions because you don't actually say anything about what is going on with what you have.

But since you have been answered about this before and didn't happen to share it with anyone there might be a chance the fix is gone.

However just out of curiosity .. wasn't it fixed in checkout_process? not anything to do with gv-dc .. because I don't believe I call your 2checkout module from anywhere within any of the gift voucher code

Can anyone tell me where to download this contribution, as this voucher system is what i need...

Strider you seem to have had your fair share of problems, is it worth using and does it allow for someone to purchase a voucher online?

Priest I don't KNOW what you have so I have to ask ignorant questions because you don't actually say anything about what is going on with what you have.

But since you have been answered about this before and didn't happen to share it with anyone there might be a chance the fix is gone.

However just out of curiosity .. wasn't it fixed in checkout_process? not anything to do with gv-dc .. because I don't believe I call your 2checkout module from anywhere within any of the gift voucher code

I've explained exactly what is going on. This is not a 2CheckOut issue. This should work the same no matter what processor anyone is using. When the balance is $0.00, then it skips the processor and completes the checkout.

I do believe the error is coming from checkout_process or checkout_confirmation as one of these would be the files that pass the variables as to either proceed to processor to pay the balance or skip and complete checkout. Both of these files have been edited for the GV system.

Maybe someone else who has this installed on a MS2.2 version can test this and let me know if they are receiving the same error. Just issue yourself a GV and then make a purchase that is less than the amount of the GV, so that the GV covers the entire amount and nothing is owed.

Thanks,

Priest