• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Hi Strider,

Yes, I receive email for this post.

Thank you for replying... I installed Linda's "Shoppe Enhancement Controller" and I did not see anything in the installation doc about setting up a ?gift cert just like a normal product?... I could have missed it. :rolleyes:

Anyway... thank you!

Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you tell when your out of invisible ink?

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate not getting notified on this board...

masterbeta did you install the code into the shopping cart class?

lightofmercy: how is your queue setup .. if it is wait for authorization or happen immediately ..

you can generate one coupon and make it available to each member one time only .. though it is also available to anyone else that uses it but if you have a sale and a new customer is that not good marketing???

memadmax: well you setup the gift cert just like a normal product with the model number starting with GIFT just like it says in the installation doc

and though it says "You are currently receiving email notification of replies " I aint

Hi,

I downloaded it and went through it, found install.html... I could not find anything about how do I make them available to my customer to buy, I know I must be looking in the wrong place. Where can I find the doc for this...?

Thank you,

Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you tell when your out of invisible ink?

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!

What is the best way to add a membership feature using Credit Class that is restricted by categories/products? For instance a 10% discount for members, but only for category 12. No discount for customers who are not members. Members are those who have paid a fee.

Mark Gillingham / [email protected]

Hey Strider,

I installed an old version of this (an earlier release of 5.02? (if i remember correctly. When Using a coupon and the os commerce system sees the correct price (discounted w/ coupon) but when i check authorize.net 's price, it is w/o the coupon.

Was there a fix for this? i may have missed it in the pages.

ok wait, its too early and my grammar on the previous post was bad.

Ok, so heres the problem.

When a customer uses a coupon to purchase something, he will see the correct price. The invoice, screen text, everything works out right. However, on my authorize.net transaction summary,t he coupon is not calculated, and he is charged the full amount (no coupon).

I have seen several posts where people have not had anything show up in the gift queue but I have not seen an answer. That is the only problem I have left to fix. Yes, it is set to queue. There must be something I am missing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Laurie

neverfight:

explain further please? when you issue a dc or gv, or when a customer buys one actually, they go into a queue to be approved if you have the queue set up.

They don't go in the queue when being used.

Luder1: are you using 2.2, 2.2.1 or 2.2.2 of the osc and which version of the gvdc are you using.

memadmax: I will try telling you again.. well you setup the gift cert just like a normal product with the model number starting with GIFT

percent vouchers are done when you create them

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

re: "or when a customer buys one actually, they go into a queue to be approved if you have the queue set up. "

Strider,

And that is my problem. The queue is set to true but when a gv is purchased, nothing ever shows up there for me to approve. Am I missing something or just not understanding how this is supposed to work? :(

I am using the latest version I found. 5.06 I believe it is. I also have Linda's SEC 1.0b3. The rest of it works fantastically. :D

Thanks,

Laurie

luder1: You might look at which var that the authorize mod is passing. is it breaking it down and doing the database run again like it should be then you will need to modify it to take care of the the new totals wouldn't you?

neverfight: did you install the gvdc mod yourself or was it part of the sec package?

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

I installed it myself. I just read about an hour ago that Linda made a new version of SEC available with this mod. To tell you the truth, it was a pain to add. (If I'd only known. LOL) I was thinking about comparing her new one with mine. Maybe when I have time, I will re-modify her new version with the other mods I have already added. But since this is the only issue left, I was hoping to just fix it. I'm sure I must have missed something, I just don't know what. :unsure:

Laurie

Inconsistant use of $_SESSIONS and session_register() in gift voucher code.

When entering a discount coupon code and then click the redeem button in "checkout_payment.php" the coupon help link should appear in the shopping cart in "checkout_confirm.php" but the link is appearing after you do a refresh on the page due to Inconsistant use of $_SESSIONS and session_register() in gift voucher code.

I've found some that there is a mix between the $_SESSIONS and session_register() in the code and we should stick to one of them, preferable $_SESSIONS according to the PHP manual.

It explicitly say:

Caution:

If you are using $_SESSION (or $HTTP_SESSION_VARS), do not use session_register(), session_is_registered() and session_unregister().

since both:

classes\order_total.php:

modules\order\total\ot_coupon.php:

are adopted to the $_SESSION[] approach I changed the following to solve the issue with the couon info link not showing in the shopping cart box after a coupon code was redeemed:

in boxex\shopping_cart.php:

I changed:

if (tep_session_is_registered('gv_id')) {

to:

$gv_id = $_SESSION['gv_id'];
 if ($gv_id) {

and

I changed:

if (tep_session_is_registered('cc_id') && $cc_id) {

to:

$cc_id = $_SESSION['cc_id'];
 if ($cc_id) {

I found more places where we should adopt the $_SESSION[] approach:

"gv_redeem.php" and "classes\shopping_cart.php".

excellent fred.. I was wondering when someone was going to notice that ..

and I agree with you totally fred except for one thing .. I think .. _Session won't work on anything before 4.2 I think and we should go through tep_session for all the calls to session to maintain compatibility to php 4.06 and before

Hi, I have a few questions regarding this contribution which is very useful in attracting more customers to the online store.

1) I enabled Gift Voucher Queue (admin panel) but I never see anything there for the admin to approve and the customers can use the $10 gift voucher (that they receive after they sign up) without the admin approving the gv, may I ask why? :)

2) Everyone that signs up a new account will receive an automated welcome email with the $10 gift voucher, but it seems the customer can sign up more than one account in order to receive multiple $10 gvs, and that they can send the all these gv to one account and then use these gv amount all together in one order? May I ask how we can stop this if I still want to send the $10 gv for every person that signs up, except that I don't want people to purposely sign up multiple accounts just to get the gv. And I am wondering if the only solution in this case is to use Gift Voucher Queue which does not even work in my admin panel LOL.

3) Can we limit the use of gift voucher so that the customer can use one gift voucher per order?

4) I also tried to set it up such that the new member that signs up will receive a discount coupn of 5% instead of the $10 gv but it does not work. This's what I did:

// The settings below determine whether a new customer receives an incentive when they first signup

//

// Set the amount of a Gift Voucher that the new signup will receive, set to 0 for none

define('NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT', '0');

//

// Set the coupon ID that will be sent by email to a new signup, if no id is set then no email :)

define('NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON', '33');

I replaced

define('NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT', '10');

with

define('NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT', '0');

but after I did that, although the customer still recieve the redeem code but they are unable to redeem the coupon at all. No tick box for them to apply the discount and the discount is not being calculated at all at check out.

5) The discount coupon feature does not work, I "inserted" a new coupon via admin panel with the following info:

Coupon Name :: Coupon oct 6

Coupon Amount :: 5.0000%

Start Date :: 10/06/2003

End Date :: 10/07/2004

Uses per Coupon :: 0

Uses per Customer :: 1

Valid Product List :: NONE

Valid Categories List :: NONE

Date Created :: 10/07/2003

Date Modified :: 10/07/2003

and I left the code blank so it would generate a random code but it did not generate a code with 10 digits, instead it generated a coupon code of 6 digits. And when the customer enters the code in the redeem code box on the check out page, it does not show the tick box and any error message,and it does not apply the discount to the balance. May I ask how I can fix the problem?

The sort order is:

Discount Coupons 9

Gift Vouchers 740

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 800

I am also unable to reset the Uses per Customer from 1 to 0? After I change the number, it always go back to 1?

I'd be much appreciated if you can help. Thanks very much for your time. :)

Best regards,

Elmo

excellent fred.. I was wondering when someone was going to notice that ..

and I agree with you totally fred except for one thing .. I think .. _Session won't work on anything before 4.2 I think and we should go through tep_session for all the calls to session to maintain compatibility to php 4.06 and before

Yes, I agree with you on backward compatibility.

I thought that since the approach taken so far is go with $_SESSION instead of session_xxxx() my idea was to be consistent. You're right that $_SESSION is only available for php 4.06 and above with < 4.06 we can use $HTTP_SESSION_VARS.

then we should clean up code like this (from ot_coupon.php):

//        if (!tep_session_is_registered('cc_id')) tep_session_register('cc_id');
       $_SESSION['cc_id'] = $coupon_result['coupon_id'];

to

globals $cc_id;
       if (!tep_session_is_registered('cc_id')) tep_session_register('cc_id');
       $cc_id = $coupon_result['coupon_id'];

Of course it's faster to go throught $_SESSION then tep_session() but I think the advantages overweight the disadvantages. Do we all in this group agree on using one of the two approaches, the tep_session() approach?

Info from the PHP docs to the rest of the group:

Note:

As of PHP 4.1.0, $_SESSION is available as global variable just like $_POST, $_GET, $_REQUEST and so on. Unlike $HTTP_SESSION_VARS, $_SESSION is always global. Therefore, you do not need to use the global keyword for $_SESSION. Please note that this documentation has been changed to use $_SESSION everywhere. You can substitute $HTTP_SESSION_VARS for $_SESSION, if you prefer the former.

The keys in the $_SESSION associative array are subject to the same limitations as regular variable names in PHP, i.e. they cannot start with a number and must start with a letter or underscore. For more details see the section on variables in this manual.

If register_globals is disabled, only members of the global associative array $_SESSION can be registered as session variables. The restored session variables will only be available in the array $_SESSION.

Use of $_SESSION (or $HTTP_SESSION_VARS with PHP 4.0.6 or less) is recommended for improved security and code readablity. With $_SESSION, there is no need to use the session_register(), session_unregister(), session_is_registered() functions. Session variables are accessible like any other variables.

/Fred

Hi,

I have been trying to figure this out for some time. I hope you can help. I have installed the voucher system and everything seems to be working but when I go into the admin area and try and select any of the links under the Voucher/Coupon section the links dont work?? They links look like this:

https://www.mydomain.com/admin/FILENAME_GV_QUEUE

Any help would be great as I am almost ready to start promoting my site.

Thanks,

Jamie

I have a question regarding coupon codes. I currently offer Free Shipping on Orders $50 and over. I would like to add a $10 off $50 coupon. However, I do NOT want free shipping to apply to these orders using a coupon unless the order with coupon applied is $60 or more. I do not want to change my Free Shipping offer to Orders $60 or more.

I can not figure out a way to calculate the shipping AFTER the coupon code is applied. The current shipping seems to calculate the Subtotal and not Subtotal - Coupon. Also, I tried moving the Sort Order to Coupon first, but that didn't work either.

For example, someone orders $56 of stuff and uses $10 coupon. I would like the Total to be $56 - $10 + $5 shipping = $51. Currently, it does $56 - $10 + $0 shipping = $46.

Another example, someone orders $60 of stuff and uses $10 coupon. This currently does work, as it calculates $50 - $10 + $0 shipping = $50.

Hi,

I have been trying to figure this out for some time. I hope you can help.  I have installed the voucher system and everything seems to be working but when I go into the admin area and try and select any of the links under the Voucher/Coupon section the links dont work?? They links look like this:

https://www.mydomain.com/admin/FILENAME_GV_QUEUE

Any help would be great as I am almost ready to start promoting my site.

Thanks,

Jamie

Hi Jamie,

it seems like you are missing a define for a filename.

Do you have a file add_ccgvdc_application_top.php in the admin\include folder?

Check that it contains:

DEFINE('FILENAME_GV_QUEUE', 'gv_queue.php');

And finally, check that your admin\include\application_top.php contains the line:

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_ccgvdc_application_top.php');

/Fred

Fred

Thank you, I had all the code on the pages but when I looked I put the require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'add_ccgvdc_application_top.php'); in the wrong spot. :) It seems to be working now, I will have to set everything up so I may be back with more questions.

Thanks again!

Jamie

Edited by jamie23

Yup I was right, I thought I would be back :)

Ok I have added a coupon and everything seemed to be working great. Then I got this once I clicked on the continue button after I have checked over my shipping address and shipping info.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: ot_coupon in /catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 30

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Jamie

Edited by jamie23

Yup I was right, I thought I would be back :)

Ok I have added a coupon and everything seemed to be working great.  Then I got this once I clicked on the continue button after I have checked over my shipping address and shipping info.

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: ot_coupon in /catalog/includes/classes/order_total.php on line 30

Thanks for any help you may be able to give.

Jamie

Hmmm...

it seems like the class can not be found, I guess that you may have missed something during installation. Please, check that you have the file "\catalog\includes\modules\order_total\ot_coupon.php".

An instance of class ot_coupon is created in "catalog\checkout_payment.php", please check that you have followed the installation for that file.

/Fred

Thanks Fred, I reuploaded for the 3rd time and now it seems to be working?? Very strange how that happens. I was using my laptop through a cell phone connection when I did it so that probably had something to do with it.

Thanks again!

Jamie