osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have this exact problem, anyone figure it out?

Hi djriel,

Not yet... but it is not the checkout_payment.php , I think it is calling another file that is missing.... I added the checkout_payment.php from the download and it still gave the same error.... So I don't know where to look. The bummer is if I start all over it could do the same thing.

If you findout let me know..ok.

Good luck,

Jim

Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you tell when your out of invisible ink?

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!

Hey, I hit a snag when running a test transaction with my gift certs. Here's the situation ... when adding a cert to my shopping cart, I get several errors (listed below) but it appears that the cert still gets placed in my shopping cart. All of these errors appear on the shopping_cart.php page at the time I add the cert into the cart.

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in ... /www/catalog/shopping_cart.php on line 65

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in ... /www/catalog/includes/modules/order_details.php on line 83

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in ... /www/catalog/includes/modules/order_details.php on line 84

Warning: reset(): Passed variable is not an array or object in ... /www/catalog/includes/modules/order_details.php on line 105

Warning: Variable passed to each() is not an array or object in ... /www/catalog/includes/modules/order_details.php on line 106

Hey all:

I am getting the same errors as reported above.

I have read thru all of the replies and have not found a fix for this.

Is there one?

Everything worked perfectly BEFORE the install of this contribution. This problem now occurs for ALL items added to the cart regardless of order added.

Needless to say that the cart is now functionaly useless until I can find a fix for this.

Thanks,

The Traveller

Hi Strider,

Thank you for all the time you already spend on solving my problem. But I hope I don't annoy you, but the problem isn't solved. It seemes as if everything is calculated fine but still the tax isn't recalculated. It still calculates the tax over the original amount, not considering the discount. Now I could get for example that someone buy's for 100 euro with a 100 euro discount voucher.

Now it would say:

Subtotal 100

Tax 19

Discount 100

Order total 0

And I would like the tax to be also zero then. Because the customer doesn't pay tax at all.

I hope you get the problem and that you are willing to help me further. Thanks a lot!

Jeroen

Hi Chrysalids,

You must have installed in your admin menu, under modules and the Order Total, both the modules Gift Voucher and Discount Coupons. With the sort order the Gift voucher must have a higher number then the discount voucher, otherwhise it also doesn't show.

I hope it works for you.

Jeroen

I'm also having the same problem with the tax recalculation. I've read through the thread and tried different things with the settings (sort order, settings, etc.), but haven't had much luck. My problem is a little strange, however. When I use a fixed amount discount coupon, the total calcuates correctly. But when I use a percentage amount discount coupon, the total displayed is incorrect. And, to add to the mix, the tax that is displayed on the order confirmation page is correct...just the total is added wrong when it's using the percentage discount coupon.

Fixed amount example ($10 off coupon):

Sub-Total: $37.98

Discount Coupon [6c4b1f]: -$10.00

TX Sales Tax [8.25%]: $2.31

Federal Express (1 x 4.1lbs) (Home Delivery (1 Days)): $5.06

Total: $35.35

Percentage amount example (10% off coupon):

Sub-Total: $37.98

Discount Coupon [268325]: -$3.80

TX Sales Tax [8.25%]: $2.82

Federal Express (1 x 4.1lbs) (Home Delivery (1 Days)): $5.06

Total: $42.38 <-- SHOULD BE $42.06 HERE

I'm running out of guesses on what else to check. Any ideas?

Thanks!

aezalpha :D

Regarding my problem above, I *may* have found a solution. So far it's working fine for me with my percentage discount coupon. Here tis...

Go to ot_coupon.php and find the following line of code (should be at or around line 323):

$order->info['tax'] -= $tod_amount;

Replace line with:

$order->info['total'] -= $tod_amount;

The fix magically fixes my order total discrepancy problem. Hope this helps!

- aezalpha :D

I have installed this contrib and it works PERFECT except for one thing: When purchasing a Gift Coucher, and just a gift voucher, it still adds shipping onto the order.

How do I get it to not add shipping when the only thing purchased is a Gift Voucher?

Thanks,

Priest

Thanks for the great contribution.

I do have a minor problem here. I installed MS2 and Linda's SEC/GV contribution. But I found that under the Admin->Voucher/Mail voucher part, I can send it to anyone from the drop down list, but I can't use the Email to box to send it to someone who is not on my list.

Could someone help me on this?

Thanks.

Wendy

I am still not getting these msg's.

So if I don't answer in a proper amount of time you can always ring me.

jeroen it is in your sort order. place them the way you think your rules should be.

Priest, look at your options in the modules/order total gift voucher in the admin.

Aezelpha, you actually don't need to recode it. I believe it is handled just the same as in priest's problem.

Also it depends on which way you have the sort order.

There is also one other place you need to change that isn't actually in the gvdc code that is the number of decimal places in the tax. It is located in configure option of the main admin panel in my store or the min max somewhere around there

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

ok since no one has complained about any new bugs I will go ahead and release the new code that was handed me. I think she is shy that is why she didn't want me to release it under her name ... but who knows .. the new code will be 5.06 ... and is located here

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,282

This release should take care of all the fixes from 5.04 til present that were presented in the forums. Notes on each bug fix etc have been compiled by modom and she is actually the architect of this release. As with any contrib please use good coding practice and make backups prior to installation.

Thanks to everyone that has helped with this.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Hello Strider,

Thank you for such a great program.

Using it for a subscription based order. A person can subscribe for 52 documents then be able to download them at their conveinence.

Just installed and tweaked it a little bit today, so only half the vision completed.

Question is how to adjust pending to delivered for immeadiate download?

Thanks Dennis

Hello Strider,

Thank you for such a great program.

Using it for a subscription based order. A person can subscribe for 52 documents then be able to download them at their conveinence.

Just installed and tweaked it a little bit today, so only half the vision completed.

Question is how to adjust pending to delivered for immeadiate download?

Thanks Dennis

Meaning when using the Gift Voucher the document can be downloaded. :ph34r:

Lightofmercy:

There is a choice you have within the modules->order totals->gift vouchers as to whether when one buys a gift cert as to whether it is queued for purchase, but I don't think there is a queue for using the cert. Should just play like cash. I think or at least it seems, from visiting other shops, as if people are having to wait to get downloads but that didn't have anything to do with gv/dc mods.

Luder1:

Does this contrib work with authorizenet??? .. Why wouldn't it?

I just installed the new credit voucher 5-06-01 module and am getting this error on checkout_payment.php

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: count_contents_virtual() in /export/home/trion151/www/checkout_payment.php on line 75

Line 75 on checkout_payment.php is this

$total_count = $cart->count_contents_virtual(); //ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

I've seen this posted, but havent found the solution.

BTW I have installed the order total modules

Discount Coupons sort order 9

Gift Vouchers sort order 740

It seems all else is working fine though.

Any ideas???

Thanks in advance,

Ash

Here is lines 73, 74, and 75.

It isn't because both variables are the same is it?

Excuse me if that's a really stupid question, I'm a n00b. :blink:

$total_weight = $cart->show_weight();
 $total_count = $cart->count_contents();
 $total_count = $cart->count_contents_virtual(); //ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

Thanks,

Ash

Hello Strider,

Back to the delivery status after using a gift voucher.

The store is already set for immeadiate download. When using a credit card a customer is able to download right away.

The delivery status triggers an automatic download and this is contolled under modules->payment types.

There must be somewhere to change the delivery process from "Pending" to "Delivered" when using a Gift Voucher.

Don't know why I can't figure it out. It should be an easy fix. Probally can't because I have been programming for 14 hours to 16 hours a day for 10 days straight and my brain has shriveled up like a rasin.

Will continue to work on it and let you know if I get it.

Thanks-Dennis

Hi,

Can someone tell me how a customer can...

Purchasing Gift Vouchers.

Gift Vouchers are purchased just like any other item in our store. You can pay for them using the stores standard payment method(s). Once purchased the value of the Gift Voucher will be added to your own personal Gift Voucher Account. If you have funds in your Gift Voucher Account, you will notice that the amount now shows in he Shopping Cart box, and also provides a link to a page where you can send the Gift Voucher to some one via email.

I can Email/Send Gift Voucher To Customers, I can redeem them... BUT how do I make them avable to my customer to buy?????

The is no clue to the customer in the order process...

Thanks,

Jim

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can you tell when your out of invisible ink?

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!

Question. We are importing members into OSC from another store. Members get a discount on certain categories of products. Is the way to do this to generate a coupon for each member with the proper attributes (e.g., discount percentage, categories, stop-date, etc.)? Then each member would enter their personalized coupon code at checkout?

Mark Gillingham / [email protected]

I hate not getting notified on this board...

masterbeta did you install the code into the shopping cart class?

lightofmercy: how is your queue setup .. if it is wait for authorization or happen immediately ..

you can generate one coupon and make it available to each member one time only .. though it is also available to anyone else that uses it but if you have a sale and a new customer is that not good marketing???

memadmax: well you setup the gift cert just like a normal product with the model number starting with GIFT just like it says in the installation doc

and though it says "You are currently receiving email notification of replies " I aint