• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

You should have added some stuff to the admin side also in application_top and also in left_column.php

the instructions are pretty well laid out in the install.html file.

Thank you. I went in and re-uploaded all the new files and the updated ones. I guess wsFTP did not upload them all.:-( Anyway, all works great except for one feature. When I login after purchasing a gift voucher, I click on send voucher in the cart box and it keeps going back to the login screen and loops. Any ideas what I did wrong?

Thanks,

Mystic

PS: your help is greatly appreciated.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love that WS_FTP rotf.. Works great .. Except when trying to upload multiple files it seems.. It says it does.. But infact does not and makes you look like an ass. LOLOL

TB: Post moved to correct thread on behalf of 'killer-g'

after installing and reading this thread about 3 times. i got this contrib working.

theres only one thing which has already been asked but never answered..

- the queue does not show anything in my admin panel and the db table is empty to

where do i find the funktions that do fill the gv_queue table? Maybe there is an error.

Furthermore a gift zertifikate needs to start with GIFT. This seems to be defined in catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php in line 232.(Maybe there is an error there because there is an ^ in front of it)

I would like to rename this to something else since gift means poison in german and that don?t look to nice in the shop.

thanks for some help

...installed several contribs but this one is really getting me 2 work, since it is a very critical application

"The price of success is perseverance. The price of failure comes much cheaper."

Strider

Thanks for taking time to help

just wanted to make sure i understood,,,

since i am running ms2 release,, all i have to do use the mod download copy of create account to edit my copy? ,, and i can forget about the create account process file??

thats what i tried the first round i think,, and got an error on checkout confirmation stating there was extra $ string on the line after the last line number.

If u say that i understood right,,ill give it another go,,

thanks Stider,, i know it gets bad when my blonde is showing

Tom

Hello Again,

I thought I had the Gift Voucher working. I got the voucher and it shows as a voucher balance when I redeem it, but it will not apply it to my purchase. :-( I went through the files again and still no luck. Is this a bug that has a fix out that I might have missed in just getting the main file?

Help!!

Kevin

to the post moved by tb for killer-g. It is just GIFT then whatever you feel like afterwards i.e. GIFT_25_dollars in the model number. the product name can be whatever you like.

Ok after you install the mod you need to go into

Admin->Modules->Order Totals and install the gift voucher and the discount coupon or either one or neither if you don't want it to work.

to mystic and killer-g

Under Admin->Modules->Order Totals there is listed a sort order. Gift voucher comes out under the install as a 740 and total is a 5 or something like that. You need to have the total higher than the gift voucher and the gift voucher needs to be higher than the discount and the discount needs to be higher than the sub total.

so that it looks something like

Modules Sort Order Action

Discount Coupons 4

Gift Vouchers 5

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 6

Or something like that. This works on my stores and on everyones stores I have put up.

Now... after it is installed to set the sort order you also have to set up some other information.. like

Display Total

Sort Order

Queue Purchases

Include Shipping

Include Tax

Re-calculate Tax

Tax Class

Credit including Tax

these items will determine the behavior of how your gv is handled, shown and sent. These items are in the

admin-modules-order total->gift voucher and you edit them

the dc has items like

Display Total -- true

Sort Order -- 4

Include Shipping -- false

Include Tax -- false

Re-calculate Tax -- None

Tax Class --none--

The previous items determine how the dc works.

Now if your gv editable items have queue purchases set to true... before the customer gets his gift cert you the admin need to ok it .. this is handled in admin->vouchers/coupons->gift voucher cue.

then you have the mail gift voucher and also a list of the gift vouchers sent.

Does that answer everyone's questions? .. hmmm .. let me see

qwiz .. I left the copy of create_account_process in the zip file just for people that were still using an older copy of osc. but in my copy .. which is the 2.2.2 release it works fine without it. A quick check might be done in filenames.php to see if create_account_process is in there and I don't believe it is so there should be no code with the release that is using that file. Now if you have other mods you have installed they could be using anything.

If I had a vision could I make it a dream and if I had a dream could I make it a reality .......... yeah .. *grins*

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

to mystic and killer-g

Under Admin->Modules->Order Totals there is listed a sort order. Gift voucher comes out under the install as a 740 and total is a 5 or something like that. You need to have the total higher than the gift voucher and the gift voucher needs to be higher than the discount and the discount needs to be higher than the sub total.

so that it looks something like

Modules Sort Order Action

Discount Coupons 4

Gift Vouchers 5

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 6

Or something like that. This works on my stores and on everyones stores I have put up.

Now... after it is installed to set the sort order you also have to set up some other information.. like

Display Total

Sort Order

Queue Purchases

Include Shipping

Include Tax

Re-calculate Tax

Tax Class

Credit including Tax

these items will determine the behavior of how your gv is handled, shown and sent. These items are in the

admin-modules-order total->gift voucher and you edit them

the dc has items like

Display Total -- true

Sort Order -- 4

Include Shipping -- false

Include Tax -- false

Re-calculate Tax -- None

Tax Class --none--

The previous items determine how the dc works.

Now if your gv editable items have queue purchases set to true... before the customer gets his gift cert you the admin need to ok it .. this is handled in admin->vouchers/coupons->gift voucher cue.

then you have the mail gift voucher and also a list of the gift vouchers sent.

Does that answer everyone's questions? .. hmmm .. let me see

Hi Strider,

I have mine setup exactly like you listed above. I still can not get the voucher balance to apply to a purchase. Could I have neglected to upload a file? If so, which one or do I need to re-upload them all once again? I am not giving up as this is one great mod and I know it will work. :-) I may just be a tad slow on this.

Thanks again!

Just a note to above post. My Discount Coupons works fine. And to be more clear on what is happening, when you enter the voucher code into the cart it says voucher redeemed in a red bar across the top and goes back to the payment selection screen and does not apply the voucher to the purchase and if you put the number back in it says invalid voucher code.

Kevin

what is your server on .. and what php are you using. I have noticed problems in certain versions of php so far and even heard of other more mystical things happening .. like did you install it under a full moon or anything

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

what is your server on .. and what php are you using. I have noticed problems in certain versions of php so far and even heard of other more mystical things happening .. like did you install it under a full moon or anything

:roll: heheh

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.27 (Unix) FrontPage/5.0.2.2510 mod_ssl/2.8.12 OpenSSL/0.9.6g

PHP Version: 4.3.1 (Zend: 1.3.0)

If it matters, I am hosted at Powweb

??????

Kevin

these last posts were getting garbled in time ..

the problem mystic was due to sort order

discount coupons sort order needs to be less than the gift vouchers sort order ..

ok one more time about the emails ....

In add_ccgvdc_application_top there is a .. well why don't I just do this ..

Notice the email that you send out when you create an account.

It is automatically setup to give out $10.00 to the person signing up. Now you disable this by setting a value to zero in

catalog->includes->add_ccgvdc_application_top

// The settings below determine whether a new customer receives an incentive when they first signup

//

// Set the amount of a Gift Voucher that the new signup will receive, set to 0 for none

define('NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT', '10');

//

// Set the coupon ID that will be sent by email to a new signup, if no id is set then no email :)

define('NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON', '3');

set 'NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT' to '0' and 'NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON to ''

then where this is checked for in create account.php on about line 274

}

//// if ((NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT > 0) || (NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON != '')) {

// $email_text .= EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;

//// }

// ICW - CREDIT CLASS CODE BLOCK ADDED ******************************************************* END

$email_text .= EMAIL_WELCOME . EMAIL_TEXT . EMAIL_CONTACT . EMAIL_WARNING;

comment out the if statement and add the email_text.= line and that should do it while taking out the email statement above where ICW starts.

I know it is confusing .. but you can see it when you do it.. *grins* ...

ronpeled found a bug in displaying the redeem button on the checkout page .. the bug and fix is this

online 123 of ot_gv.php in includes->modules->order_total->ot_gv.php the code reads

$selection_string .= ' <td align="right"' . $image_submit . '</td>';

****it should read *****

$selection_string .= ' <td align="right">' . $image_submit . '</td>';

that allows the redeem image to show up in ie and netscape

thanks ron

Hello,

OK, Now that I got the package to work perfectly, I need to reinstall my store using the MS1 version. :( :oops: This is due to some needed mods not working in the MS2 version. Anyway, which CC_GV file should I download to install into milestone 1?

Thanks,

My problem is...

If I send out a Thanx for registering email with a discount coupon. Nothing apears in the check out where I can redeem the coupon any ideas of what I might be doing wrong.

This is how I have everything set up.

Modules Sort Order Status Action

Discount Coupons 9

Gift Vouchers 740

Low Order Fee

Customer Loyalty Discount 899

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 3

Total 999

I installed this on MS2 and have this error message:

Warning: main(includes/boxes/polls.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/home/unygifts/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 24

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/polls.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /usr/home/unygifts/public_html/catalog/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 24

I can't find this "polls.php" ANYWHERE in any of my downloaded files.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Have a great day!

Heather Q.

I having been trying to find a live store using this contribution to see it in action before adding it.

What I am hoping this contribution does is:

1. Allow anyone to enter a discount coupon code and get a predefined discount.

2. Buy a gift certificate and the system tracks that amount for whenever that user buys something. I presume it allows one person to buy it and another to apply to an account.

Also,

Has anyone combined this with the Customer Loyalty Discount mod?

If they have has anyone worked out which discount is applied first and a way to only apply one of the discounts.

Thanks,

I having been trying to find a live store using this contribution to see it in action before adding it.

What I am hoping this contribution does is:

1. Allow anyone to enter a discount coupon code and get a predefined discount.

2. Buy a gift certificate and the system tracks that amount for whenever that user buys something. I presume it allows one person to buy it and another to apply to an account.

Also,

Has anyone combined this with the Customer Loyalty Discount mod?

If they have has anyone worked out which discount is applied first and a way to only apply one of the discounts.

Thanks,

Hey,

Well, I am not live yet, but after massive testing, this mod does do a great job! It not only tracks the use of the voucher but has great flexability of the discount codes. I have not tried the Customer Loyalty Mod, but this alone is worth the time to install! Just my opinion. ;)

HTH

I am using the GV module and am having problems with it adding shipping when you order a gift voucher.

My default shipping is via 'table rate'. Right now when I order just a gift voucher it will add the 'table rate' shipping onto it - but these are not actually being shipped (just via email) so I do not want shipping applied when you order just the voucher.

I have tried enabling downloads as suggested earlier in this forum but when I do that it will disable ALL shipping - even for normal products.

I have tried adjusting the 'Include Shipping' and 'Include Tax' in the Order-Total - GV module - but this only alters if you want to be able to use the GV for shipping/taxes when you actually redeem it - it does not effect the actual ordering of it.

In short, is there a way to not have shipping applied to the gift vouchers when ordering them - but still have shipping applied (via table rate) to my other products?

Thanks!!

Robyn

Heather it seems like your missing the polls contrib ..

Jaco .. sounds like you didn't install the line in checkout process read through the earlier posts and there should be instructions there.

Allen I think ronpelled left an open invitation for a discount somewhere in these posts for his store. He has a nice looking store also and it looks like great coffee. and yes it does allow the user that bought it to email the gift to someone else for their use or a portion thereof.

and I don't know about the customer loyalty discount...