• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Something else is wrong.

I have installed and activated the discount and voucher module. However I cant see where I would enter the Coupon number on the catalog side. I have installed the cont. with the default sort number so not to mess with it and it still won't work

Thank you

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont see in the checkout "Payment Information" page (checkout_payment.php) the "Credits Available" box?

Do the backup your files thing and replace the "checkout_payment.php" with the one in the contribution.

See if that has any difference.

I've got the same error. Well, lack of error. My problems appear somewhere here:

1) When a customer purchases a Gift Voucher (in my case, GIFT100), the gift voucher appears as an item in their cart, just like any other product, and is purchased as such. All looks good so far.

2) An admin must release the GIFT100 from the admin area (discount coupons / gift vouchers) Redeem -> Confirm. All looks good so far.

3) The Gift Voucher (in this case, $100) appears in the customers shopping cart box with the following text: Voucher Balance $100.00 Send Gift Voucher. All looks good so far.

4) Here's where we enter into the darkness: When the customer with a gift voucher balance tries to checkout with items in shopping cart, there is no method to redeem (term?) the voucher amount. Problem.

As the other user has asked, where is the option (I'd imagine it SHOULD be in the payment configuration area, along w/ CC, Authorize.net, On Delivery, etc) to "check-box" the voucher redemption?

My installation is of the GV 5.04 (2003-7-24) and osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 (2003-7-12).

Nevermind my previous post, the 740 sort order worked (a little; about to update the db settings too).

Here's the latest error:

When someone is using the GV, they still are required to enter a CC. My issue is the CC shouldn't be required if the GV is > than the total order.

Also, if you enter a CC (have tested on production and test w/ Authorize.net) the CC will not pass. Perhaps it's because we're sending $0.00?

When not using the GV, the CC works just ducky.

I didn't have that problem .. then again I am just working on a test server and haven't actually put it on a live server.

I won't have a chance to look at that til sunday but will be happy to then.

thanks for the msg

glad you figured out the other problem

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

Here's what I've decided:

Two problems:

1) Passing $0.00 to Authorize.net is causing it to return an error.

2) Users are required to enter their CC# even when order total < gift voucher amount.

Solutions:

1) No solution directly, unless #2 works out

2) The code below (not really code, just my mind at work):

if($gift_voucher_amount != 0){

// show redemption textfield / usage checkbox

if($gift_voucher_amount >= $order_total){

// don't show CC# input box

} else {

// show CC# input box

}

} else {

// show redemption textfield

// show CC# input form

}

Ah Crap! Just thought of something else:

If the user doesn't want to use the gift voucher for this purchase and would rather use their CC, the CC# field still needs to display.

That brings the functions to a new area: Now we need to determine if the gift voucher balance is > or < the order total in order to determine if a CC is still required.

if the gift voucher total is < than the order total, then the CC is required, and the order cannot continue until it's entered. If the gift voucher total is > the order total, then the user may continue without a CC# (some wrapper text should accompany the CC# field if the user chooses to apply the voucher to their purchase).

All this is going to be dependent on whether or not the user checks the checkbox for applying the gift voucher to the purchase.

Any idea where the code is that applies to the checkout_payment.php page? (I'm talking the front-end view. I know checkout_payment.php isn't really where the code resides, it's just the view I'm familiar with.

*sigh*

I have the same problem. It is demanding a payment method. There is suppose to be a check for this in the code and I will look at it tomorrow morning.

You don't have to choose cc if you have cod or check/money order included, you can choose one of those options. A quick dirty fix would be to add a pay all with gift voucher type of payment method if the amount of voucher is greater than amount of order total. But I am sure you don't want a quick dirty fix.

Another addendum might be how much of the gift voucher do you want to use.

Anyway as I was saying I think there is a place in the code to check for this and I will look at it tomorrow morning.

(my knowledge is so small you would think that an ant was a genius in comparison)

I'm having a few problems on my new MS2 install. My first problem is when someone redeems a gift voucher from an email, it shows up in the shopping cart but there is no checkbox button during the checkout process, I checked to make sure the module is installed and left the sort order at 740.

My Second problem is when entering a coupon code the amount is deducted properly and confirmation email shows proper deduction, but my payment gateway still processes full price. I'm using a custom payment module I made for my gateway, but it's programmed to send the total from the final total field, which is displayed correctly. The second problem could still be a bug in my module, any help on the first problem would be appreciated. Thanks

I don't seem to understand your last post prolifix. Your first problem states

I'm having a few problems on my new MS2 install. My first problem is when someone redeems a gift voucher from an email, it shows up in the shopping cart but there is no checkbox button during the checkout process

where your second problem states

My Second problem is when entering a coupon code the amount is deducted properly and confirmation email shows proper deduction, but my payment gateway still processes full price.

Now the problem I am having is how can you have problem 2 if your having problem 1. Maybe I am reading them wrong, but I am not having the first problem and the second problem I haven't tested in depth yet.

right, sorry for the confusion. For some strange reason the tick box to redeem vouchers now appears..I have no idea why it just started working, but I'll leave it alone :lol: My second problem still exists, also if I leave the voucher sort order at 740 it will show on the checkout confirmation page after the total and not deduct the price. If I change the sort order it stops working. Like I said before the coupon module works fine and gets deducted from the order total, but my payment gateway will process the original price instead.

I had the same problem with the tick box. I tried several sort orders and found out, when the sort order of Gift Voucer is after the sort order of Discount Coupons, it works fine. When the Gift Voucher's sort order is before the Discount Coupon's, the tick box won't appear.

But I have another problem. I have a voucher balance of 25 in the shoppingcart box. I have a discount coupon of 50% set for a single product. In the check out I ticked the box to use the Gift vouchers amount and filled in the redeemption code for the discount coupon.

The calculation in checkout-confirmation is correct, but the amount for the dicount coupon is showed without tax. so it looks like a false calculation.

checkout_confirmation.jpg

How can I apply the tax to the shown discount coupon amount?

Please excuse my bad english :oops:

Benax [Axel Benkert]

Hello,

I am also getting the following errors for GV installed on MS2:

- When I buy something in the cart, the amount of GV is correctly deducted on the confirmation page, but actually it does not get deducted from the total amount of GV. The shopping cart box still shows the same amount of GV. However the amount of GV gets updated if I send another gift voucher from the GV amount

- I have created a gift voucher GIFT100 (written in product model) and then make a purchase, but nothing happened. It simply gets stored in the order (visible in admin -> customers -> order), but I can not see it as gift queue in admin portion, and also do not get email for the purchased gift voucher at the customer email address.

If anyone can help?

Thanks

kagg

axel, you need to look at your ot settings. they are in the same place that your sort order is I believe. Check to make sure how you are handling tax and shipping.

You have settings for coupons and vouchers. I tried it in a variety of different ways and it works for me.

kagg, the gv does not get subtracted till after you process.

I have completed the transaction and even processed it from the admin panel, but still my account shows the same amount of GV.

Also Can you please look at my 2nd question regarding purchase of GV.

Thanks

kagg

msheno ... look in the includes/language/english/create_account.php

there is a 10.00 signup gift certificate set that to 0 and it should turn it off.

I made a mistake msheno it is in

includes//add_ccgvdc_application_top.php and the variable is called

NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT for the gift voucher and

NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON for a discount coupon

I apologize for my misleading you in my earlier post.

No problem.

When I searched for the $10 value and couldn't find it, I was confused. However, I did delete all the define statments that had to do with the gift and voucher so it shouldn't email them to the customer

Does this sound right? It seem like it will work.

Also thanks for the quick help

Thanks

No .. you really want all the define statements else it will blow up.

Plus your customers email gift certs also.

No problem.

When I searched for the $10 value and couldn't find it, I was confused. However, I did delete all the define statments that had to do with the gift and voucher so it shouldn't email them to the customer

Does this sound right? It seem like it will work.

Also thanks for the quick help

Thanks

I dont recommend you do this.

Just change the value to "0" zero in /catalog/includes/add_ccgvdc_application_top.php

Around line 25:

// Set the amount of a Gift Voucher that the new signup will receive, set to 0 for none

define('NEW_SIGNUP_GIFT_VOUCHER_AMOUNT', '0');

//

// Set the coupon ID that will be sent by email to a new signup, if no id is set then no email :)

define('NEW_SIGNUP_DISCOUNT_COUPON', '0');

Hi,

I have installed this on MS2, and everything is working except shipping gets charged on all vouchers.

I created the gift voucher with the product ID of GIFT100 and set its weight to 0.

I also double checked the code in checkout_shipping.php, and I have added this :

// if the order contains only virtual products, forward the customer to the billing page as

// a shipping address is not needed

// ICW CREDIT CLASS GV AMENDE LINE BELOW

//  if ($order->content_type == 'virtual') {

if (($order->content_type == 'virtual') || ($order->content_type == 'virtual_weight') ) {

if (!tep_session_is_registered('shipping')) tep_session_register('shipping');

$shipping = false;

$sendto = false;

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));

}

What else should I be checking?

I am sure that I am missing something simple here, but I cannot see it :)

Jason,

I managed to fix it by enabling downloads in the admin. This is the only way I could get it to work.

There are no other modules in the admin under order total, but the standard ones installed with oscommerce and the 2 installed with the gift voucher mod. Neither of these have any options for disabling shipping. Maybe I am blind :shock: , but I looked in all the order total modules, and only under the 'shipping' module was the 'allow free shipping' but this was enabled already.

Regardless, if it works, I am happy.

Next, I am having trouble with the shopping cart box. The only way the gift voucher shows up is if another product is added to the cart, otherwise, you would never know you had a voucher. Is there a way to get the voucher to display even if you have no other items in your cart?