• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Is there a specific reason why the the Gift Vouchers (-) module has a default sort order of 740?

The default sort order for the Totals module is 10.

The DC and GV modules should be before the Total for proper price calculation at checkout.

At least for merchant gateways the GV credit is never applied since the Total is the value that is passed on and it never includes the GV.

Probably there is a reason. I made my sort order

Discount Coupons 4

Gift Vouchers 5

Low Order Fee

Shipping 2

Sub-Total 1

Tax 7

Total 9

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am newbie....i need major helps here...

i am using OS COMMERCE template which is like fully customized. i need to like add CREDIT CLASS/GIFT VOUCHERS/DISCOUNT COUPONS.... all i want is the person be able to purchase "gift certificate" and just be able to input the at the check out.... can someone help me with how to get around with that?? if yes please message me!!!

i am newbie....i need major helps here...

i am using OS COMMERCE template which is like fully customized. i need to like add CREDIT CLASS/GIFT VOUCHERS/DISCOUNT COUPONS.... all i want is the person be able to purchase "gift certificate" and just be able to input the at the check out.... can someone help me with how to get around with that?? if yes please message me!!!

a template is highly hacked code and only the provider knows what has been done. You will need to contact your template provider.

I have two questions....

1. There's another contribution here that allows one to purchase a randomly generated gift code that can be redeemed by anyone (ie not just the buyer)....does the CCGV do this as well?

2. It appears I have an older version of CCGV installed on my cart already (v5.06...told u it was old!)....are there instructions somewhere to update to the current version, or is that so old that I'd have to strip the old code completely and start from scratch with the new version?

Thanks in advance!

I have two questions....

1. There's another contribution here that allows one to purchase a randomly generated gift code that can be redeemed by anyone (ie not just the buyer)....does the CCGV do this as well?

2. It appears I have an older version of CCGV installed on my cart already (v5.06...told u it was old!)....are there instructions somewhere to update to the current version, or is that so old that I'd have to strip the old code completely and start from scratch with the new version?

Thanks in advance!

1.. no

2.. if it aint broken, don't fix it.

Hi Guys, I'v been months trying to figure this out!

When I'm in checkout_payment and select voucher funds to cover the hole payment.

The first time the page just reloads, the second time goes through.

So we are in checkout_confirmation, on left should show Payment Method, but it doese not.

If I proceed to finish transaction it redirects me to checkout_payment again.

The funny thing is that if when I am in checkout_confirmation and I refresh the page,

suddenly the pament method apears and I can finish the transaction!

Someone pleeeeeeeeeeeease give me a solution.

see demo at youreshopping.com

user:[email protected]

password:demo1

• 1 month later...

Hello all

My Taxes are being calculated based on subtotal before deducting coupon?

I have just gone through a complete upgrade / install of the new version of the CCGV and it is still doing this?

Example:

Subtotal for Order: $22.50

Shipping Cost: $12.50

Coupon for Free Shipping: -$12.50

Taxes (13%): $4.55

Total: $27.05

The $4.55 is 13% of $22.50 + $12.50.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Keith Gallant

Hello all

My Taxes are being calculated based on subtotal before deducting coupon?

I have just gone through a complete upgrade / install of the new version of the CCGV and it is still doing this?

Example:

Subtotal for Order: $22.50

Shipping Cost: $12.50

Coupon for Free Shipping: -$12.50

Taxes (13%): $4.55

Total: $27.05

The $4.55 is 13% of $22.50 + $12.50.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

My guess is that if you make the shipping tax free, it would be correct.

• 4 weeks later...

I've almost got this working after battling through a number of errors. But now I've realised that in the checkout its skipping the 'delivery information' page!

I have no idea why this is happening and Ive been going through each file double checking that I''ve done everything correctly. I installed the new re-packed version 5.20a, plus a few files from the 5.19 version because I wasnt able to get it going for a while. I fairly much have everything working (i think) but its just totally skipping the delivery information page all together.

Its possible Ive just missed a step or something like that, but Im not sure where to start looking. Worst case I'll hire someone to look at it for me, but I think im really close to getting it going. Does anybody know where I would look for the error? Im no coder, so Im a bit lost!

• 3 weeks later...

I've installed this addon, I've published the order total module but the actual discount never shows up or gets calculated? I do see the success message after I apply the coupon but the order totals remains the same (there is no line indicating gift voucher discount).

Has anyone experienced this issue? Any help is appreciated.

Hello,

Does anyone know how i would have a certain discount coupon redeem automatically (for example when the customer logs in)? So that the user does not have to manually enter it anymore at checkout and sees his discount from the moment he logs in. This would be for a site-wide discount, available to every customer during a limited period of time.

Thanks!

Matt

Matthias Thoen

my contribution: Photo Gallery for osCommerce

--check my homepage in my CARD--

Very interesting question.

I have no idea how to do this in the CCGV contribution, but in the other Coupons system it's dead easy => http://www.clubosc.com/apply-a-discount-co...omatically.html

Possibly you can take that code and apply it to CCGV somehow?

Thanks, i will have a look. Very interesting site you have i think. Cool that my question shows up there after only a few minutes ;-)

Matthias Thoen

Thanks, i will have a look. Very interesting site you have i think. Cool that my question shows up there after only a few minutes ;-)

ok i found it. It works in the same simple way. I will now make this even more automatic by making it possible to tick a box in the coupon details that this coupon should be redeemed automatically.

I will post the details soon.

Matthias Thoen

so, here is what to do to:

1. have a specified discount redeem automatically when a customer logs in

2. adjust the coupon admin so that you can specify a coupon for "auto redeem"

1. login.php add:
//auto redeem discount coupon on login
$auto_redeem = tep_db_fetch_array(tep_db_query("SELECT coupon_id FROM coupons WHERE auto_redeem='on'"));
if ($auto_redeem['coupon_id'] > 0) {
tep_session_unregister('gv_id');
tep_session_unregister('cc_id');
tep_session_register('cc_id');
$cc_id = $auto_redeem['coupon_id'];
}
//end auto redeem discount coupon on login

2. tabel coupons add field: "auto_redeem"

3. checkout_payment.php: wrap coupon-class call in this IF-statement if you dont want to display the "enter discount coupon form"
//auto redeem discount coupon on login
$auto_redeem = tep_db_fetch_array(tep_db_query("SELECT coupon_id FROM coupons WHERE auto_redeem='on'"));
if (!$auto_redeem['coupon_id'] > 0) {
echo $order_total_modules->credit_selection();//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM
}
//end auto redeem discount coupon on login

4. coupon_admin.php add:
121: 'auto_redeem' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['auto_redeem']),
565: echo tep_draw_hidden_field('auto_redeem', $HTTP_POST_VARS['auto_redeem']);
596: add auto_redeem to query
611:	 if ($coupon['auto_redeem']=='on') {$auto_redeem = true;}	 
687:	   <tr>
			<td align="left" class="main">Auto load on login</td>
			<td align="left"><?php echo tep_draw_checkbox_field('auto_redeem', $auto_redeem); ?></td>
			<td align="left" class="main"> </td>
	  </tr>

It may need some tweaking but it should work.

Matthias Thoen

Hello,

Would you guys know a way to manually EXCLUDE some categories or some items from the discounts enabled by CCGV ?

At the present time we can only include articles, but not chose "all articles except that one, that one and that one", or "all articles except articles in that category".

We recently added special items to our catalog, items that can't receive more than 5% discount, the law forbidding more than that in my country. Our usual -10% coupons musn't apply to them.

I searched the forums thoroughly but it seems nobody has yet found how to do it...

Thanks a LOT if you can help with that :)

Sabinoo

I just recently installed the CCGV mod. Unfortunately there were many items either not working or still unfinished and it has taken some time to rework the code to the point where we can go live with this shop.

There are many places in the code that are pretty ugly to say the least - every developer commenting out past versions of the code snippets for reference, etc.... I've made plenty of enchancements to this mod, and I'm sure others have as well, but (the current setup + the size of the mod) does not make it easy for others to contribute. IMHO this really needs to be setup as a project on a CVS - it will make it easier to continue development (ie: clean up the code base, track branches, etc...).

Does anyone know if this mod being maintained in a CVS somewhere? If not, we need to make it happen.

FYI: it looks like google offers free project hosting: http://code.google.com/

HI,

I've installed this on a heavily modified site and cannot find how to buy gift vouchers through the catalog.

I tried installing this on a test server on a clean install and still couldnt see how to purchase gift vouchers through the catalog side. I can email vouchers, and set up discount coupons etc. Its just the purchasing of vouchers that I cant seem to work out!

This is driving me batty.

My client's original site was working and able to accept PayPal express payments. I installed CCGV. I haven't thoroughly checked all the functions but discount and free shipping calculations are good. I can still launch the PayPal express checkout but no payments are transacted. Also there's no fields to enter credit card info when direct payment is selected. What's the deal?

The site is: http://www.risquechiconline.com/catalog/

I’m at a loss. Either I can restore the original working site and tell the client it doesn’t work or try to fix it, problem is I don’t know where to start.

Is anyone familiar with this issue? Any ideas? Any pros out there willing to make some $$?

Edited by HowellJ

I tried installing this on a test server on a clean install and still couldnt see how to purchase gift vouchers through the catalog side. I can email vouchers, and set up discount coupons etc. Its just the purchasing of vouchers that I cant seem to work out!

FYI: you need the words 'GIFT VOUCHER' in your product's model field. Unfortunately it seems this info was left out of the docs. You'll know it works because additional instructions and a GV code get inserted into the customer's email after checkout. Also, much of the info that was missing from the documentation can be gleaned from the FAQs (/gv_faq.php).

• 2 weeks later...

Need some help just installed the latest CCGV at

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,282

Am having the following error in /includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php

Fatal error: Call to a member function update_credit_account() on a non-object in includes/modules/payment/paypal_standard.php on line 471

This is when returning from paypal site after the transaction has gone through. It has the CCGV fix describe on the site.

It is kinda urgent so if anyone has any idea why it would be great.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I currently migrate of my former shelterer towards the new one.

I have to badly make not modifications because of the passage in mysql5.

I installed version 5.16 because it has functioned well for 2 years but while changing shelterer I have an error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method order_total::clear_posts() in /var/www/.../monsite/checkout_payment.php on line 131

I do not find solutions in many the post

I leave my files

checkout_payment

checkout-confirmation

if somebody could help me knowing that I tried to install the last version.

thank you very much

• 2 weeks later...