• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

Hi all,

I'm currently running POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V2.0d ... and i am wondering if i can run Credit Class & Gift Voucher contribution with POINTS AND REWARDS MODULE V2.0d. Becuase i need a coupon system. Are there any conflict in between the two? Thank You!

Edited by akunamachata

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Once I got the modifications done, tested everything and installed the module. I went to run a test checkout,

I setup a coupon for $10 off.

I applied the coupon, no problems (had to reorder the display so the coupon showed up before the total did.)

AS I tried to checkout whenever I clicked continue at the bottom of the page of checkout_payment.php

I would get

"Invalid Coupon Code"

/tools/checkout_payment.php?payment_error=ot_coupon&error=Invalid+Coupon+Code

I went into the ot_coupon.php and changed the following

function collect_posts() {

// All tep_redirect URL parameters modified for this function in v5.13 by Rigadin

global $HTTP_POST_VARS, $customer_id, $currencies, $cc_id;

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['gv_redeem_code']) {

to

function collect_posts() {

// All tep_redirect URL parameters modified for this function in v5.13 by Rigadin

global $HTTP_POST_VARS, $customer_id, $currencies, $cc_id;

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['gv_redeem_code'] && $HTTP_POST_VARS['gv_redeem_code'] != 'redeem code') {

Anyone else have similar issues?

Am I special?

Shane

I'm having the same problem, actually two problems.

Hi I just installed the shop seems to work fine but when I try to check out there is a problem, I can't choose continue the link i simply not there and I try to redeem af giftvoucher I get the following error: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in xxxxxxxxxx/catalog/checkout_confirmation.php on line 399 But when I just can't see any sign og the problem since the $end dosn't exist any where in the document and the content og that line is
<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

The last line here is line 399 in the file så I also tried looking ind the application bottom file and there's no $end anywhere in that either

Can someone help me solve this? I have 5 or 6 contributions installed the only one that involved the checkout_confirmation is PWA does anyone know if that is a problem?

Kennith

When in checkout I get stuck on checkout_payment and the continue button just doesn't work. The page also gives the "Error on page" sign on the bottom corner. And when I redeem a test coupon I get the same:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected $ in /web/sites/vhbu/0/59/70576/public/loja/checkout_confirmation.php on line 405

Everything else seems to be ok, have rechecked the contrib code over and over with no luck.

Anyone found this problem and solution?

Ricardo M.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, I hope someone can help here

I have installed the gift certificates & credit class module three times now on a fresh OSc install, and each time I get 'Credit Class Error' in the payment modules and nothing in the store checkout to signify discount codes etc

Could somebody advise if I am missing out a step or doing something entirely wrong.

Paul

Hello everyone,

I am on my 3rd day and still having the same problem as the post below. Did anybody find a solution for it?

I just get a blank white page in check-out.php page.

Please....need your help.

Thanks,

Liza

Hi Again

I hope some one can help me. I saw that there is a Hotfix txt file for the checkout_payment.php file. but that did not help.

The test site is up and running here: www.fashion4dogs.se

This system is exakt what i have been looking for. so i hope that there is some one there have tryid the same problem that i have.

Best Regards

Kent Larsen

Old message:

Hi all

I just install this fine module. But when i want to check out and go to pay it link to --> this page: checkout_payment.php then the screen is only blank...???

I hope that some one can help me...

Best Regards

Kent

Could some one help me where i have gone wrong

every thing works fine except when the customer purchase an item of £5.00 and and the voucher balance in the customer in the account is £5.00 the customer is able to purchase the item but at the end the customer has still got £5.00 as it has not deducted the value

please help me

• 2 weeks later...

In the version that I am using, the checkout_process.php file has

// load selected payment module

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');

// #################### Added CCGV ######################

if ($credit_covers) $payment=''; //ICW added for CREDIT CLASS

// #################### End Added CGV ######################

$payment_modules = new payment($payment);

I am now finding that the line

is causing the payment method to not be shown in emails. With the line commented out (along with the rest of the CCGV mod lines in this file), the payment method is displayed in emails.

Does anyone have a solution or explanation?

Hey, i have installed the contribution but i have a problem wit hthe my sql db.

When i want to sent in the admin email coupons to reg users i get this error line:

Warning: mysql_insert_id(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /homepages/26/d121794651/htdocs/lanhouse/Shop/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 117

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/26/d121794651/htdocs/lanhouse/Shop/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:117) in /homepages/26/d121794651/htdocs/lanhouse/Shop/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

But i get the Email, i think the connection to the mysql db doenst work. What can i do here? Thanks for your answers

When i want to sent in the admin email coupons to reg users i get this error line:

Warning: mysql_insert_id(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /homepages/26/d121794651/htdocs/lanhouse/Shop/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 117

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/26/d121794651/htdocs/lanhouse/Shop/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php:117) in /homepages/26/d121794651/htdocs/lanhouse/Shop/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

But i get the Email, i think the connection to the mysql db doenst work. What can i do here? Thanks for your answers

Probably the same thing in both files, try commenting out one of the lines.

Probably the same thing in both files, try commenting out one of the lines.

I think the error is in database.php. I have commetd out the line in bothfiles. Only in database.php the error was away The only problem is that the voucher will not submited to the db.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also the same problem

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home.10.11/bellesbe/www/checkout_confirmation.php on line 402

and When in checkout I get stuck on checkout_payment and the continue button just doesn't work.

I think the reason is that CCGV5.19 doesn't work with the oscommerce-2.2 RC1 version

Does someone have succeded in installing CCGV5.19 with RC1 ?

Thanks

I did the RC1 upgrade recently and spotted a change that I would like either confirmed or denied, and if anyone out there is working on a new version maybe this should be included.

in catalog/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php:

// $this->total_virtual += tep_add_tax($products_price, $products_tax) * $qty * $no_count;// ICW CREDIT CLASS;

$this->total_virtual += $currencies->calculate_price($products_price, $products_tax, $qty) * $no_count;// ICW CREDIT CLASS;

lildog

Coopco,

the line you are commenting out :if ($credit_covers) $payment=''; //ICW added for CREDIT CLASS

is supposed to not show a payment method, ONLY if the amount of credit is larger than the order. If you comment it out, when an order is completely covered by credit the customer will have to select a payment method even though the grand total is zero. you need to find out why $credit covers is being set to true to correct the problem.

In the version that I am using, the checkout_process.php file has

// load selected payment module

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'payment.php');

// #################### Added CCGV ######################

// #################### End Added CGV ######################

$payment_modules = new payment($payment);

I am now finding that the line

is causing the payment method to not be shown in emails. With the line commented out (along with the rest of the CCGV mod lines in this file), the payment method is displayed in emails.

Does anyone have a solution or explanation?

Coopco,

the line you are commenting out :if ($credit_covers) $payment=''; //ICW added for CREDIT CLASS

is supposed to not show a payment method, ONLY if the amount of credit is larger than the order. If you comment it out, when an order is completely covered by credit the customer will have to select a payment method even though the grand total is zero. you need to find out why $credit covers is being set to true to correct the problem.

I commented out everything to CCGV on the page to get the payment method to show in the email.

It is only my test site that is like this, the website is fine.

Thanks for posting.

IM HAVING TROUBLE INSTALLING THIS MODULE. IM WILLING TO PAY ANYBODY WHO CAN INSTALL THIS FOR ME AND GET IT WORKING THIS EVENING (SUNDAY) I WILL PAY YOU $200 VIA PAYPAL. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT THE JOB.

THANKS

here is a temporary solution:

open catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php

add (maybe after the original function):

function tep_db_insert_id2() {
return mysql_insert_id();
 }

now open catalog/admin/coupon_admin.php and catalog/admin/gv_mail.php

search for tep_db_insert_id and replace it with tep_db_insert_id2

AGAIN: it's only a temporary solution!! but it works :) because it uses the old tep_db_insert_id-function of MS2

Edited by hotspot

an other fix:

the function tep_gv_account_update() is placed in catalog/admin/includes/application_top.php but it's needed in catalog/includes/application_top.php

otherwise a customer can't redeem a coupon when using the link of the coupon email!

IM HAVING TROUBLE INSTALLING THIS MODULE. IM WILLING TO PAY ANYBODY WHO CAN INSTALL THIS FOR ME AND GET IT WORKING THIS EVENING (SUNDAY) I WILL PAY YOU $200 VIA PAYPAL. PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT THE JOB.

THANKS

Mines sorted now thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been trying to install various versions of CCGV (5.16, 5.18, 5.19) over OSC 2.2ms2 but to no avail. I continually get an Apache 500 Internal Server Error which returns this in the error_log:

malformed header from script. Bad header=" " <>... User unknown: php-script, referer: https://www.papermartinc.com/shop/checkout_confirmation.php

any attention to this would be appreciated.

Heather Buch

Credit Class & Gift Voucher is now Credit Class/GV/Discount Coupons v5.04 and is updated for OSC 2.2ms2

One file was deprecated and folded into another and all files modified after the last release of ccgv were updated.

This also includes Rob Cote's fix for the discount coupon.

Doc was updated and other bugs fixed.

Ian seems to be a little busy lately so I thought I would try to help him out. Hope I didn't blow it up to bad.

As with any contribution, please exercise good procedure and backup before installing.

here is a temporary solution:

open catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php

add (maybe after the original function):

function tep_db_insert_id2() {
return mysql_insert_id();
 }

now open catalog/admin/coupon_admin.php and catalog/admin/gv_mail.php

search for tep_db_insert_id and replace it with tep_db_insert_id2

AGAIN: it's only a temporary solution!! but it works :) because it uses the old tep_db_insert_id-function of MS2

I thought I was going crazy. After installing RC1, I have the same issue. I thought of the temporary fix too, but is there a more permanent fix?

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Seems to work also, if I change the line of code in gv_mail.php from:

$insert_id = tep_db_insert_id($insert_query);

to:

$insert_id = tep_db_insert_id();

This also works in coupon_admin.php....

Any ideas why this works? And if the fix is appropriate?

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

Hello, everyone.

After reading through 226 pages of this forum, my eyes are crossed and my head hurts, and I haven't run across any answers that fit my situation.

I have installed CCGV 5.19 and am having some problems that hopefully someone can shed some light on.

First off, here is my server setup:

OS Release: RedHat 7.3

Apache: 2.0.51

SendMail: 8.12.10

mySQL: 4.1.10a

PHP: 4.3.10

Perl: 5.6.1

SSH: 1.2.32

osCommerce v2.2 RC1

I currently have only one other contribution installed, which is RMA Returns 2.5h with RMA infobox option.

I have tested the RMA install from both the catalog and admin sides and everything seems to be working as advertised with no errors affecting osCommerce that I am aware of.

I did a file to file comparison to install the CCGV 5.19 contribution. After a lot of testing and triple checking the code, I have a few issues that I can't seem to work out.

After making all the proper admin module installs and setting the proper order total sequence, the coupon side of the install works great from the catalog side.

The first problem I have is on the admin side with coupons.

When I add a new coupon, the coupon_id field of the coupons_description table is not getting inputted from the coupon_id field of the coupons table. All the fields of the coupons table are generated properly, but the coupon_id from that table is not getting inputted into the coupons_description table. So when I view the coupons through coupon admin, the coupon name and description fields are blank.

I can manually edit the coupons_description table to insert the proper coupon_id and everything displays properly. So I know that osCommerce is pulling the proper information out of the tables and most of the information is getting properly inputted to the tables. I just can't find the disconnect between the coupon_id fields.

My second problem is on the catalog side of the gift vouchers.

I have the gift vouchers added to the catalog properly with the GIFT model number. When they are purchased and I release them from the queue, the proper notifications are sent out and they are displayed in the purchaser's shopping cart properly. The purchaser can then e-mail the amounts properly to anyone. The receiving parties can redeem them at the checkout_payment screen properly and the amounts show up properly in their shopping cart.

If the customer checks out with an order total more than the gift voucher amount, then the customer can select "use from gift voucher" and whatever other payment option buttons they want to use and the transaction completes properly. The gift voucher amount is removed from their shopping cart properly and the gift voucher amount is properly subtracted from the order total. So no issues there.

The problem is when the customer tries to make a purchase with an order total less than their gift voucher amount. I have the order total sequence such that the gift voucher is subtracted after the tax and shipping has been calculated for the order, so as to act like any other form of payment. I have the gift voucher module set to include shipping and tax in the calculation and the re-calculate tax block is set to false. When the customer selects "use gift voucher" as the payment method, all the other payment buttons become unavailable. Which is telling me that osCommerce has determined that there is enough in their gift voucher account to pay for the purchase without requiring another payment method. But when the customer continues to the checkout confirmation page, no payment method is displayed. Then when they confirm the order, they are redirected back to the checkout payment without any errors being displayed and they still have the full gift voucher amount in their shopping cart.

Both of these problems are probably simple coding changes or maybe an oversight on my part. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am not adding any code at this time because I do not know exactly where the problem lays.

Thanks in advance for the help.