osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Credit Class/Gift Vouchers/Discount Coupons 5.10

Strider

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there anyone who would be kind enough to walk me through a clean installation of one of the (working) versions of this contribution (and, if necessary, any of the fixes)?

I've tried installing two different versions three times. Once, nothing happened. Another time, I got an error, and the third time, I got an error that said that I couldn't have two copies of one file in different folders.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone could help me.

Like I said, I would be working with a clean installation that includes no extras. Just a basic osCommerce installation.

:'( This has probably been asked a million times seeing all of the patched downloads on the contribution site.

What is the most current stable release of Credit Class/Gift Vouchers contribution? :blink:

Thanks in advance,

Bill Kellum

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

I really am having a nightmare with this contribution.. I don't know if it has anything to do with Register Globals which i've had to install the patch for.. All the files have been compared carefully and nothing from the old code has been deleted out that hasnt been replaced with new.. Like i said the contribution does work fine apart from i need to add the vouchers twice so they work..

I've uninstalled it all now and uploaded the database back to how it was (minus the customers and orders) so my shop is back working now as it should.

I'm thinking of installing this next http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4135 (CCGV(trad)) version 510c ? Anyone had much luck with this one ?

Thanks for you help so far..

By the way, thanks for finding that fix quin but it didnt work nfortunatley, it fixed the enter voucher twice problem but then forwarded me straight to checkout and then it didnt display it in the cart even though it said "successful" :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi SP,

I am having similar issues with either this version or CCVG (trad)

On the CCGV (trad) forum Vger has posted a reply indicating that Register Globals mays be the culprit.

She says....

CCGV(trad) was based on an old version of the original CCGV, updated with various fixes. It is not Register Globals 'off' compatible (like most osCommerce contributions).

This is why I advise people not to apply the Register Globals patch if they want to install osCommerce contributions on their website but to use a variety of means to get their site to work with Register Globals reset to 'on' at a local (website) level.

If it were just a matter of changing Globals to Super Globals then it would be easy to make any contribution Register Globals 'off' compatible - but unfortunately it also affects the way that functions work which (with a contribution of this size) makes it a daunting task to rewrite.

Hope this helps

Susan

Any idea about my problem Chooch ?

I have to add the vouchers twice to make them work :|

I am currently using version 5.11. I just noticed today that the coupon report does not paginate. It will only display the MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS. I download 5.17 and 5.18 and tested the coupon_admin.php from both of those and the pagination does not work. Has anyone fixed this?

I've added the following code to the chunk of code which handles the report.

<tr>
		<td colspan="5"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td class="smallText"> <?php echo $cc_split->display_count($cc_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_COUPONS); ?> </td>
			<td align="right" class="smallText"> <?php echo $cc_split->display_links($cc_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page']); ?> </td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>

This displays the proper amount of redemptions for a particular coupon in the "display_count" section but the "display_links" do not link properly, they return to the coupon list. Does anyone know how to add the proper parameters to this to get the pagination links working right?

It needs something like;

?action=voucherreport&cid=' . $cc_list['coupon_id']

I tried the following code;

<tr>
		<td colspan="5"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
		  <tr>
			<td class="smallText"> <?php echo $cc_split->display_count($cc_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], TEXT_DISPLAY_NUMBER_OF_COUPONS); ?> </td>
			<td align="right" class="smallText"> <?php echo $cc_split->display_links($cc_query_numrows, MAX_DISPLAY_SEARCH_RESULTS, MAX_DISPLAY_PAGE_LINKS, $HTTP_GET_VARS['page'], '?action=voucherreport&cid=' . $cc_list['coupon_id']); ?> </td>
		  </tr>
		</table></td>
	  </tr>

And looking at the function display_links() in the class splitPageResults{} in admin/includes/classes/split_page_results.php looks like its close, but it doesnt work.

Any help would be appreciated.

TIA

Matt Mika

Installed Contributions: Multi-Stores, QTPro, CCGV(trad), Batch Print, EasyPopulate, Simple Manual Order Entry, Encrypting Credit Card Via Mcrypt, UPSXML, Down for Maintenance, On The Fly GD Thumbs, SPPC, SPPC Hide, and various personal tweaks

Hi all.

Am having a bit of an issue here... the contrib installs fine and is working in that I can checkout and pay from my GV balance with no issue.

The problem i have is that i can NOT pay with ANYTHING other than my GV account... If i selct paypal or credit card it simply skips going to the payment processor and lands me on checkout success. This happens as I say ONLY when i try to selct anythong other then pay from account balance.

PLEASE... anyone know whats happening?

Hi all.

Am having a bit of an issue here... the contrib installs fine and is working in that I can checkout and pay from my GV balance with no issue.

The problem i have is that i can NOT pay with ANYTHING other than my GV account... If i selct paypal or credit card it simply skips going to the payment processor and lands me on checkout success. This happens as I say ONLY when i try to selct anythong other then pay from account balance.

PLEASE... anyone know whats happening?

look at your checkout payment page. if you can't see anything wrong there, re-check and then check again... hopefully it's there to do with your modules totals

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Ok maybe I'm missing something here.

I installed this conrtib (5.18), and it seems to be working well. But I am testing all this out, and I don't see how a customer can purchase a gift voucher.

The only thing I can see is from the admin, to send a customer a voucher. I'd like to know how the customer can directly purchase a gift voucher, and have it automatically generate without having to create it myself just for them. I'm sure I have to do something to create it as a "new Product" or something, but really I'm not getting how. So... how do I accomplish this?

Ok maybe I'm missing something here.

I installed this conrtib (5.18), and it seems to be working well. But I am testing all this out, and I don't see how a customer can purchase a gift voucher.

The only thing I can see is from the admin, to send a customer a voucher. I'd like to know how the customer can directly purchase a gift voucher, and have it automatically generate without having to create it myself just for them. I'm sure I have to do something to create it as a "new Product" or something, but really I'm not getting how. So... how do I accomplish this?

Sorry, I did ALOT of searching, and Figured it out. So..... for everyone else..........

Create a new product, however you want to do that. Make it worth what you want. Make sure to make the Product Model start with GIFT. That being say, GIFT_25, GIFT25, GIFT_pleasemakethiswork, etc.

Good luck!

Sorry, I did ALOT of searching, and Figured it out. So..... for everyone else..........

Create a new product, however you want to do that. Make it worth what you want. Make sure to make the Product Model start with GIFT. That being say, GIFT_25, GIFT25, GIFT_pleasemakethiswork, etc.

Good luck!

Glad you found it and had the initiative to let everyone else know :thumbsup:

Upon receiving fixes and advice, too many people don't bother to post updates informing the forum of how it went. Until of course they need help again on other issues and they come running back!

Why receive the information you require in good faith for free, only to then have the attitude to ignore the people who gave it to you?

There's no harm in saying, 'Thanks, it worked'. On the contrary, it creates a better atmosphere.

CHOOCH

Wasn't it in the install instructions?
Yes it is in the instructions, as well as being answered numerous times on this thread - but most people who find a solution to their questions just vanish without updating the thread or better still, they simply add a post staing they had fixed their problem without stating how.

I was just complimenting hadezee... :D

CHOOCH

Yes it is in the instructions, as well as being answered numerous times on this thread - but most people who find a solution to their questions just vanish without updating the thread or better still, they simply add a post staing they had fixed their problem without stating how.

I was just complimenting hadezee... :D

Lol thanks very much. I hate when people just say "Oh I fixed it" if they say anything, but don't say how. Its like... "Ok...can we get in on the secret??"

But anyhow, For some reason, the particular version of the contrib I downloaded didn't exactly include usage instuctions, who knows why. I may be dumb, but not blind lol! Ok well, sometimes I am, but I'm relatively sure I wasn't this time. Anyhow.... hopefully other people will be able to find this part of the thread much easier than wherever I found what I did. I have no idea where it is lol.

Most of the earlier versions had the install instructions in tact but with every Tom, Dick and Harry adding bits of so called updates and modifications without uploading the full contribution - unfortunately it's been left behind.

The only way to get it is to download an earlier version just to get it!

CHOOCH

look at your checkout payment page. if you can't see anything wrong there, re-check and then check again... hopefully it's there to do with your modules totals

Chooch, thanx for the pointer. However, I am using the supplied out of the box code from the contribution (5.18).

The problem is 2 fold actually - the GV total on the test accunt is no longer being deducted if i dont select to use the GV balance as a pay method.

So in short:

one can place an order, select NO payment method and checkout to receive the downloadable file without efectively making any payment of any kind...

I have so you know replaced all of the files on my test site with a fresh install of ccgv 5.18 just to be sure nothing was changed....

Hope someone can help with this.

Thank you.

BTW...

5.14/5 Voucher Fix for cart total less than voucher amount solves the problem of not going to a payment processor BUT now wont allow me to use the vouchers even if selected in payment screen....

Argggg! LOL

A customer tried to make a purchase for the same amount as the voucher balance and was asked for more payment.

amount of purchase $101.85

voucher balance $101.85

When paypal was selected to make up the payment difference, the balance owed was $1.42.

Is there a fix for this so that when the voucher balance and purchase amount are exactly the same it will work properly?

A customer tried to make a purchase for the same amount as the voucher balance and was asked for more payment.

voucher balance $101.85

When paypal was selected to make up the payment difference, the balance owed was $1.42.

Is there a fix for this so that when the voucher balance and purchase amount are exactly the same it will work properly?

voucher balance $101.85

voucher balance $101.85

voucher balance $101.85

voucher balance $101.85

I am very sorry about posting the same question many times but I kept getting a message about flood control and kept going back to resubmit. Actually I think the reason is because the page would never redirect after submission.

Edited by mj99