• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

XML UPS Problem

Gheek

I am trying to get the UPS XML Rates and Services v1.0 install on a fresh OS 2.2 M2 install(nothing else installed at all).

The only error I got was the CURL funtion error which I followed the instructions and got rid of that with no problems.

When my cart goes to the checkout_shipping.php page it is just a blank page.

If I uninstall the XML contribution and just have flat rate as a shipping method or just disable the module the page works just fine.

Can anyone help me out with this problem, many other have got this module to work fine but I just can not for some reason. I live in Canada and need this module to be able to use UPS rates on my site.

I am trying to get the UPS XML Rates and Services v1.0 install on a fresh OS 2.2 M2 install(nothing else installed at all).

The only error I got was the CURL funtion error which I followed the instructions and got rid of that with no problems.

When my cart goes to the checkout_shipping.php page it is just a blank page.

Strange, did you enable logging and checked the log file (see e.g. this post and the following in the UPS XML thread).

A totally blank page could mean you got a PHP fatal error but the server settings are not to echo the error? Perhaps there is a log file for PHP errors?

Strange, did you enable logging and checked the log file (see e.g. this post and the following in the UPS XML thread).

A totally blank page could mean you got a PHP fatal error but the server settings are not to echo the error? Perhaps there is a log file for PHP errors?

I tried to logging but it does not show a thing either.

I grabbed the upsxml.php file off my server and opened it in a PHP editor to debug it and got the following. Just learning PHP so I am not sure what I need to do to fix the problem.

<br />

<b>Warning</b>: main(includes/classes/xmldocument.php) [<a href='function.main'>function.main</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in <b>Z:\Web Sites\OsCommerce Testing\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\_debug_tmp.php</b> on line <b>23</b><br />

<br />

<b>Fatal error</b>: main() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required 'includes/classes/xmldocument.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in <b>Z:\Web Sites\OsCommerce Testing\catalog\includes\modules\shipping\_debug_tmp.php</b> on line <b>23</b><br />

Any help would be much apprecieated.

I tried to logging but it does not show a thing either.
You really should try to get that fixed first (put in a correct path, make sure the file is writable and exist etc.).
I grabbed the upsxml.php file off my server and opened it in a PHP editor to debug it and got the following.
The error messages you get is from the fact that xmldocument.php (a file that parses the XML) cannot be read. I see you are using PHP5, the current version of osC has problems with that. Perhaps that is where the PHP errors are coming from?

You did change the setting of "DIMENSIONS" to "0" didn't you?

You really should try to get that fixed first (put in a correct path, make sure the file is writable and exist etc.).

It is not that it is not set up correctly, it is that nothing gets logged into the file. It is in the right spot, created with the correct permissions.

The error messages you get is from the fact that xmldocument.php (a file that parses the XML) cannot be read. I see you are using PHP5, the current version of osC has problems with that. Perhaps that is where the PHP errors are coming from?

You did change the setting of "DIMENSIONS" to "0" didn't you?

Yup I have set "dimensions" to 0. When I check the server info on my webhost it is coming up that I am using PHP Version 4.3.10.

It is not that it is not set up correctly, it is that nothing gets logged into the file.  It is in the right spot, created with the correct permissions.

Yup I have set "dimensions" to 0.  When I check the server info on my webhost it is coming up that I am using PHP Version 4.3.10.

My guess is that a PHP error prevents execution of the code, since after the request that has to be sent out is made, the first entry to the log file is made. So this is before CURL gets involved and before a response is received from UPS.

Tough call if the server is not showing you the error... Does the webhost log the PHP errors?

I have the same issues with the ups xml shipping mod and I receive a blank page when it goes to checkout_shipping.php. I turned logging on (and the person who is having issues, if you are starting with a / in the path to the log, take it out and try again.) and what I see in the log is this:

-----------------------------------------------------------

DATE AND TIME: 2005-07-11 07:09:33

UPS URL: https://wwwcie.ups.com:433/ups.app/xml/TimeInTransit

-----------------------------------------------------------

DATE AND TIME: 2005-07-11 07:09:47

UPS URL: https://wwwcie.ups.com:433/ups.app/xml/TimeInTransit

Thats it! any ideas?