• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Need Help with USPS module

I'm a beginner with this stuff, and I'm trying to setup USPS service, but it doesn't seem to be working out for me.

Can anyone tell me step by step how to set this up?

Follow this:

1. Go to http://www.uspswebtools.com/registration/

2. Fill out the form and submit it

3. You should be getting an email from them at the email address you put during registrtion

4. Reply to that email and tell them if they can put you on the productive server.

5. Wait 2-4 days for USPS to set you up for their productive server.

6. Go into your admin section of the store, go to the shipping modules and click to add the USPS shipping. From there, hit edit, put in your UserID and PassID that you've got from the registration email. Under the server section of the edit, hit productive server and setup your shipping and handling charge (which will be added to the quoted prices from the USPS server) Hit Update and your done.

Hope I've helped and good luck.

Installed Contributions: AJAX Menu, AJAX Attributed Manager, AP URL ReWriting, Credit Class and Gift Vouchers, CCGV Report, Date of Birth PullDown, FCKEditor for Product Desc., Monthly Installment Payments, More Pictures 6, MSRP Savings, Must Agree to Terms on Checkout, Order Editor, Payment Method Fee, PopUp Promo, Private Messages, Purchase Order, Purchase Order Application, Secure Admin Login-Logout, STS Plus, SugarCRM Integration, Supertracker, Tax Exempt and Organization Discounts, Your Recent History.

23 Total Contributions Installed :)

7. If you're shipping internationally, you'll need to fix a bug caused by changes in the USPS International Rates API. For details, do a search on "+USPS +International +API"--there are plenty of postings on the topic.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

I, too, am a beginner and have been getting error messages with the USPS shipping module. I read every post in regards to this problem. I set my zipcode right, made sure the production option was chosen, called USPS and they checked their end and said it's all functioning properly,the problem is coming from my settings. Well, I changed the settings that supposedly would cause the problems to the correct settings and I still get the error message when I try to check out. I took off the module and reinstalled it to no avail. Does anyone have a clue as to what else could cause this problem?

thanks for your help,

Leslie

7. If you're shipping internationally, you'll need to fix a bug caused by changes in the USPS International Rates API. For details, do a search on "+USPS +International +API"--there are plenty of postings on the topic.

Where should I be searching for these topics? I entered your exact search string and find only your post.

It took a lot of searching, wading through multiple posts and jumping around from thread to linked thread... and I found this:

Dear USPS customer,

The International Rates API engine was recently updated which in turn led to

some unexpected changes to the XML values we respond with.  Below are the

affected SvcDescription Strings and what they are now being returned as:

Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (large)  IS NOW Global Priority

Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Large)

Global Priority Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (small)  IS NOW Global Priority

Mail - Flat-rate Envelope (Small)

Global Priority Mail - Variable Weight (single)  IS NOW Global Priority

Mail - Variable Weight (Single) 

Airmail Letter Post  IS NOW Airmail Letter-post

Economy (Surface) Letter Post IS NOW Economy (Surface) Letter-post

These changes will affect your shopping cart's ability to parse through the

list of possible international services.  Please verify/modify your parsing

selections to reflect these changes in order to ensure accurate parsing and

the display of all available options to your end customer.

USPS Internet Customer Care Center

[email protected]

800-344-7779

7:00AM - 11:00PM EST

This fixed the problem.

im having problems too.. I'm getting this error:

United States Postal Service

An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner.

how would i go about changing xml values?

Unfortunately, you can't really test with the "test" server setting, anyway. The data restrictions on the test server prevent any real-world testing.

Blah. A cause of many headaches if you don't read the USPS testing manual.