• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic SiteMap

Jack_mcs

This really is a great contribution. Installed, and works great.

Someone asked this question before, but i couldn't find any answer.

Is there anyone who got the XML-part to work with Chemo's Ultimate SEO URLs? Need to rewrite the links before adding them to the XML file.

//Didrik

Hi, just installed this great contribution, tested it and got a few small erros that I don't understand:

In the finished map, I get some strange link names, such "Let" for the index.php, "What" for shopping_cart.php, and "I" for password_forgotten.php. All other link names are correct - why does it pick up those names incorrectly? And the entire map is finished with an extra list sign/dot, after the list is finished - is there a layout somewhere for this, or why does it create an extra list line?

I testing this on a clean shop, and have the HeaderTags_V_2.6.3 installed, if that can affect this.

Thank you.

This really is a great contribution. Installed, and works great.

Someone asked this question before, but i couldn't find any answer.

Is there anyone who got the XML-part to work with Chemo's Ultimate SEO URLs? Need to rewrite the links before adding them to the XML file.

//Didrik

Thanks for this contribution, excellent work :)

Didrik did you get the SEO part to work? I'm having the same problem, works fine if you disable SEO in admin.

Thanks

Rachel

BIG help needed quickly please ....

I had dynamic sitemap v2.0 installed, although after an error on site noticed that it was coming up in info box with broken link. Re-installed v2.0 and looked at my site and it is blank (apart from the left side). left side colum is missing info box also.

So whats missing is main content on website and right colum.

I then decided to add version 3 instead and see if that made any difference. No difference - am still missing website.

Backend on Admin sitemap works well and I generated my xml's :)

please could someone tell me urgently where I may have gone wrong? Followed all the instructions in install.

Thank you

site: www dot equineinternetsupplies dot co dot uk

----------------------------------------

Minxy :)

"Keep plodding on to achieve your dreams"

Hi there,

I do not want the manufacturer xml to be generated, as I don't want it indexed.

Would anyone know what code to remove and where?

Thanks in advance.

Flo

Ok found it in create_sitemaps.php

I had been looking in dynamic_sitemap.php!

I have this error in the admin:

1146 - Table 'jfo9696_osc1.sitemap_exclude' doesn't exist

select exclude_file from sitemap_exclude where exclude_type != "0" and is_box="0"

and if I submit my query this is the error I receive:

Creating site map index file dated: 2008-01-17T12:46:29-08:00

Warning: fopen(/home/jfo9696/public_html/store/sitemaps.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/jfo9696/public_html/store/admin/create_xml_sitemaps.php on line 102

Unable to create site map index file!

Do you know the reasons for these errors??

I really want to run this sitemap generator its exactly what I need

Thanks!

Eddie wrote:

I install Dynamic Sitemap V 3. But if i go to the adminpanel and select Site Map Maintenance, i get the following error:

Warning: opendir(/www/htdocs/allesind/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/allesind/admin/sitemap.php on line 187

Error! Can’t open catalog dir : /www/htdocs/allesind/

Also i see nothing in de dropmenu "Files in Catalog" to select...

I hope that somebody can help me with this problem.

Greetings,

Eddie

I have the same problem. Anybody can help?

Edited by Ivano

BIG help needed quickly please ....

I had dynamic sitemap v2.0 installed, although after an error on site noticed that it was coming up in info box with broken link. Re-installed v2.0 and looked at my site and it is blank (apart from the left side). left side colum is missing info box also.

So whats missing is main content on website and right colum.

I then decided to add version 3 instead and see if that made any difference. No difference - am still missing website.

Backend on Admin sitemap works well and I generated my xml's :)

please could someone tell me urgently where I may have gone wrong? Followed all the instructions in install.

Thank you

site: www dot equineinternetsupplies dot co dot uk

Hi look for this:

================================================================================

==============

2) In catalog/includes/boxes/information.php

FIND:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');

REPLACE with:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>'.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP . '</a>');

================================================================================

==============

There you will find the problem. Make sure the last entry has the ); at the end and that there is a space and a point after the <br>

If you don't get what i'm trying to say, contact me via www stl-friseurbedarf de

Edited by jj26

I installed v 3.1 out of curiosity as I've used Jacks contrib for ages.

Such a lot of work has gone into this it really should be applauded.

Sadly I don't have a lot of time and it doesn't work for me "out of the box" the information/manufacturers/Customer testimonials boxes just show as a red non link. Also when validated it kicks out some 200 errors (Although these could easily kick back to just a couple of li or ul).

Fantastic job though wdepot!! :thumbsup:

I installed v 3.1 out of curiosity as I've used Jacks contrib for ages.
Just to be clear though, I no longer support this contribution due to the changes made and how they were made. Any credit, or lack thereof, goes to whoever made those changes.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Just to be clear though, I no longer support this contribution due to the changes made and how they were made. Any credit, or lack thereof, goes to whoever made those changes.

Jack

I understand that Jack .. I use 1.6. It really ruins good quality contributions when idiots add nonsensical "so called versions"/bugs.

I don't put wdepot in that category but he should have started a new contrib imo.

Edited by Babygurgles

I have tried installing these contribution several times with no luck, same error every time. Have tried:

Dynamic SiteMap v 3 with complete XML sitemaps Dated 12 Oct 2007

Dynamic SiteMap v 3.1 with complete XML sitemaps Dated 24 Jan 2008

I also have SEO-G & cDynamic_Meta_Tags v1.4 note sure if related or not. The Time Zone wont stay changed in admin and the below error shows in the lower right of admin no matter how many times i try to install:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class box could not be converted to string in C:\xampp\htdocs\catalog\admin\includes\functions\html_output.php on line 281

The html_output.php looks like:

// Output a form pull down menu

function tep_draw_pull_down_menu($name, $values, $default = '', $parameters = '', $required = false) {

$field = '<select name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '"';

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $field .= ' ' . $parameters;

$field .= '>';

if (empty($default) && isset($GLOBALS[$name])) $default = stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]);

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($values); $i<$n; $i++) {

$field .= '<option value="' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['id']) . '"';

if ($default == $values[$i]['id']) {

$field .= ' SELECTED';

}

$field .= '>' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['text'], array('"' => '"', '\'' => ''', '<' => '<', '>' => '>')) . '</option>';

}

$field .= '</select>';

if ($required == true) $field .= TEXT_FIELD_REQUIRED;

return $field;

}

?>

can this be sorted or should I go with 1.6 ?

Thanks in advance

George

Jack

Hi Jack

I hope you are still supporting yours, as like Robert, I have chosen alot of your contributions down to great coding/install instructions & support.

ps I thought you did a articles manager one & I cannot find it!

Thanks

Julie

New code for use with Article_Manager

Simply add this to catalog/dynamic_sitemap.php where ever you want it to appear.

<?php

//ARTICLE MANAGER START

echo '<ul class="sitemap">';

echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, '',

'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_ALL_ARTICLES . '</a></li>' . "";

$topics_query = tep_db_query("select t.topics_id, td.topics_name, t.parent_id from " .

TABLE_TOPICS . " t, " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td where t.parent_id = '" . (int)

$topic_links[$i] . "' and t.topics_id = td.topics_id and td.language_id = '" . (int)

$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, td.topics_name");

if (tep_db_num_rows($topics_query) > 0) {

$row = 0;

while ($topics = tep_db_fetch_array($topics_query)) {

$row++;

echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, 'topics_id=' . $topics

['topics_id']) . '">' . $topics['topics_name'] . '</a></li>' . "";

}

}

echo '</ul>';

//ARTICLE MANAGER END

?>

That was the wrong freaking code! Sorry guys. Heres the working code. Just replace that with this:

<?php
		 //ARTICLE MANAGER START
		 echo '<ul class="sitemap">';
		 echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_ALL_ARTICLES . '</a></li>' . "";			
$topics_query = tep_db_query("select t.topics_id, td.topics_name, t.parent_id from " . TABLE_TOPICS . " t, " . TABLE_TOPICS_DESCRIPTION . " td where t.parent_id = '" . (int)$topic_links[$i] . "' and t.topics_id = td.topics_id and td.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, td.topics_name");
if (tep_db_num_rows($topics_query) > 0) {
$row = 0;
while ($topics = tep_db_fetch_array($topics_query)) {
$row++;
echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ARTICLES, 'tPath=' . $topics['topics_id']) . '">' . $topics['topics_name'] . '</a></li>' . "";
}
}
echo '</ul>';
//ARTICLE MANAGER END
?>

Follow the community build:

BS3 to osCommerce Responsive from the Get Go!

Check out the new construction:

Admin Gone to Total BS!

Hi Jack

I hope you are still supporting yours, as like Robert, I have chosen alot of your contributions down to great coding/install instructions & support.

ps I thought you did a articles manager one & I cannot find it!

Thanks

Julie

Thank you, I appreciate you sayin gthat. Yes, I always support mine, though it may not be as quickly as I would like. No, I haven't done an Articles Manager contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

In the admin section I am getting this error when I try to make my .XML sitemaps,

Creating site map index file dated: 2008-02-10T17:19:50+00:00

Finding files in http://sitename.co.uk/

1146 - Table 'hostname-databasename.sitemap_exclude' doesn't exist

select exclude_file from sitemap_exclude where exclude_type != "0" and is_box="0"

Can anybody tell me what is going wrong?

Thanks,

Pompeylad.

PHP?!? Long live HTML!!!! But then again we never stop learning.

I know this is a newb question but how do i upload and run the install.sql file?

Also what version works with Ultimate urls?

Thanks

Adam

Verion 1.6 works immediately without running sql files :)

Thanks Jack

Solved

changed line to:

if ( ($default == '' && $GLOBALS[$name] == $values[$i]['id']) || ($default == $values[$i]['id']) );

Hello. I got the same problem.

I did the changes you said, but I still get the same error

Catchable fatal error: Object of class box could not be converted to string in /home/ercomerc/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 281

Here is my code:

// Output a form pull down menu

function tep_draw_pull_down_menu($name, $values, $default = '', $parameters = '', $required = false) {

$field = '<select name="' . tep_output_string($name) . '"';

if (tep_not_null($parameters)) $field .= ' ' . $parameters;

$field .= '>';

//if (empty($default) && isset($GLOBALS[$name])) $default = stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]);

// For Dymanic Sitemap to work must change this line

if ( ($default == '' && $GLOBALS[$name] == $values[$i]['id']) || ($default == $values[$i]['id']) );

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($values); $i<$n; $i++) {

$field .= '<option value="' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['id']) . '"';

if ($default == $values[$i]['id']) {

$field .= ' SELECTED';

}

$field .= '>' . tep_output_string($values[$i]['text'], array('"' => '"', '\'' => ''', '<' => '<', '>' => '>')) . '</option>';

}

$field .= '</select>';

if ($required == true) $field .= TEXT_FIELD_REQUIRED;

return $field;

}

////

Can you help?

Fixed cPath in class category_tree.php (Dynamic Site Map v 2.00)

If you want to have category links to be suitable and compatible with breadcrumb and other contribs (like some categories box enhancments and similar), which means to have complete links including the parent categories, you just need to make these few minor changes included below.

AUTHORS: wizaard (if) and funous (the others) ;)

HOW TO?

CHANGES TO catalog/includes/classes/category_tree.php

REPLACE:

function buildBranch($parent_id, $level = 0) {

WITH:

function buildBranch($parent_id, $level = 0, $p_category_link = false) {

ADD BELOW FOREACH FUNCTION (around line 23):

if ($parent_id == '0') {
$category_link = $category_id;
} else {
$category_link = $p_category_link . '_' . $category_id;
}

REPLACE:

$result .= $this->buildBranch($category_id, $level+1);}

WITH:

$result .= $this->buildBranch($category_id, $level+1, $category_link);}

THE END, ENJOY

Jack, I'm using your v2.0 and I'm wondering if this makes sence.

Great contrib btw!

Norman in 't Veldt

osCommerce The Netherlands

Jack, I'm using your v2.0 and I'm wondering if this makes sence.

Great contrib btw!

I'm not sure I understand the question but someone did upload a new category_tree file that xied some problems, according to other posts. So if you are asking if it will work, I can't answer you since I haven't tried it but it is an easy test after it is installed so if you are having the problem it fixes, I would say try it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello i got an error when i was creating the XML SITE MAPS in the ADMINSECTION. T

Thats the error i got:

Warning: fopen(/srv/www/htdocs/web3/html/smmain.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /srv/www/htdocs/web3/html/admin/create_xml_sitemaps.php on line 148

Unable to create main site map file!

on the local area during the testingtime it works, but now on the server it doesnt!

Hope that anybody can help me !! ;-)

Thanks in forward