• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic SiteMap

Jack_mcs

I just installed the module (v 3.0) and it is working quite well so far. My only question is if it is a good idea to remove some of the standard files from the map. e.g. force anything having to do with account creation / editing to be exlcuded for unregistered members. Also, to remove duplicate entries such as "Site Map" which is already located under "information" because it is in the information box. It seems rather redundant to display it twice. Is it better to leave it? Or is it perfectly fine to exlude them?

Also, it doesn't seem to be storing the values timezone or frequency of updates. I set mine up, and next time I opened the admin screen it had the default values again. Otherwise, it seems to be working fine for me.

Seems like I can't simply edit my own posts here. >_< Thought of some more questions and was just going to add them, but it said I didn't have permission. :blink: Anyways, as mentioned above I am using the 3.0 version.

Some of the files have the exact same header. There were several instances of "My Account", which pointed to create_account, edit_account, etc. I'm not sure how to correct this issue. I assume, that I would have to manually edit the enlgish files to that they don't all say "My Account" and actually say "Edit Account" or "Create Account", etc. correct?

There seems to be an issue with ' in the text strings as well. Take a look at "I've forgotten my password" "Let's see what's new" and "Get them whiel they're hot!". The colored parts of the strings are not actually on the sitemap. It only shows the non-colored parts, making it very hard to tell what they are. sadly. In all cases, it is always where an ' exists in a title string.

Seems like I can't simply edit my own posts here. >_< Thought of some more questions and was just going to add them, but it said I didn't have permission. :blink: Anyways, as mentioned above I am using the 3.0 version.

Some of the files have the exact same header. There were several instances of "My Account", which pointed to create_account, edit_account, etc. I'm not sure how to correct this issue. I assume, that I would have to manually edit the enlgish files to that they don't all say "My Account" and actually say "Edit Account" or "Create Account", etc. correct?

There seems to be an issue with ' in the text strings as well. Take a look at "I've forgotten my password" "Let's see what's new" and "Get them whiel they're hot!". The colored parts of the strings are not actually on the sitemap. It only shows the non-colored parts, making it very hard to tell what they are. sadly. In all cases, it is always where an ' exists in a title string.

You have to change the name of those from the actually php file for example you can change the forgot password at your

password_forgotten.php in the admin area

Site is underconstruction I am always looking for good advice on how to improve my site fill free to comment.

Thanks! ATise

I would like to know how to move the two columns closer together or change where it splits the two columns. Can I mhave three columns? How do I make it list the products? And how to get rid of the repeats and the sub titles that are not links. This is what I have for the right column:

My Account Information

My Account Information

My Order History

Order Information

Newsletter Subscriptions

Product Notifications

My Password

My Personal Address Book

New Address Book Entry

Advanced Search

Order Confirmation

Payment Information

Payment Information

Delivery Information

Delivery Information

Your Order Has Been Processed!

Conditions of Use

Contact Us

Cookie Usage

My Account Information

Your Account Has Been Created!

Let

Visitors Cart / Members Cart

Welcome, Please Sign In

Log Off

I forgot my password!

Privacy Notice

Reviews

New Products

Read What Others Are Saying

Shipping & Returns

What

Get Them While They

Security Check

Tell A Friend About

Tell A Friend About

Review Submitted

Site Map

Recently Viewed

Bestsellers

Categories

Currencies

Information

Shipping & Returns

Privacy Notice

Conditions of Use

Contact Us

Site Map

Languages

Manufacturer info

Manufacturers

Customer orders

Notifications

Reviews

Search

Shopping cart

Specials

Tell a friend

Whats new

Reviews

Information

Shipping & Returns

Privacy Notice

Conditions of Use

Contact Us

Shopping cart

Tell a friend

Box heading

Site is underconstruction I am always looking for good advice on how to improve my site fill free to comment.

Thanks! ATise

Hey All..

I just updated to PHP5, and somehow this broke my installation of Dynamic Sitemap V2.0.

I see in previous posts, that this has affected other people as well. I imagine it is only a matter of time until more people start posting here about this.

When I goto the admin area for this sitemap, I get this error :

Catchable fatal error: Object of class box could not be converted to string in /home/wfrryyxd/public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 393

It looks like it is blowing up here :

sitemap.php

Line 197 :

<td><? echo tep_draw_form('ex_box', FILENAME_SITEMAP,'action=ex_box').tep_draw_pull_down_menu('box',$boxes);?></td>

Anybody have a clue on what is wrong?

Edited by phi148

I found out that in html_output.php, if you comment out this line, everything works:

if (empty($default) && isset($GLOBALS[$name])) $default = stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]);

so what does PHP5 not like in that line?

Edited by phi148

Hi

i got a error msg in admin aerea

1146 - Table 'db1.table_sitemap_exclude' doesn't exist

select exclude_file from TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE where exclude_type != "0" and is_box="0"

i check the sql databas and the table is there.

but i install also infoboxadnim http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1175

does thsoi contrib did not work together?

what can i do`

rgds

Alfred

Hi

i got a error msg in admin aerea

1146 - Table 'db1.table_sitemap_exclude' doesn't exist

select exclude_file from TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE where exclude_type != "0" and is_box="0"

i check the sql databas and the table is there.

but i install also infoboxadnim http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1175

does thsoi contrib did not work together?

what can i do`

rgds

Alfred

The capital letters, TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE, indicate you probably didn't change the database_tables.php file. You should go back over the instructions and look for that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I have installed this on my local host and it works great no errors. so I did the exact same thing and installed in my live server.

I now have this error when I try to create the xml file

Warning: fopen(/var/www/domains/seawayhobby.com/docs/sitemaps.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/domains/seawayhobby.com/docs/admin/create_xml_sitemaps.php on line 102

Unable to create site map index file!

Is this my host causing this or am I missing something such as a permission set wrong somewhere?

here is the line in create_xml.php where it says the error is..$fh = fopen($sm, 'w') or die(ERROR_INDEX_FILE);

Thanks Chris.

What permissions did you have to use?

Never mind, it was in the install istructions and I missed it.

Edited by Coopco

helo. I have a problem. i'm install dynamic sitemap and seo url by chemo. This dynamic sitemap generate map in xml for google. Links in this map is not frendly and looks like this http://perfumeryjka.pl/test/product_info.php?products_id=8 . What to do in order to remedy this problem so that look this way http://perfumeryjka.pl/test/chique-dezodor...100-ml-p-8.html

Please help me

I am greeting Chris

I install Dynamic Sitemap V 3. But if i go to the adminpanel and select Site Map Maintenance, i get the following error:

Warning: opendir(/www/htdocs/allesind/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: Permission denied in /www/htdocs/allesind/admin/sitemap.php on line 187

Error! Can’t open catalog dir : /www/htdocs/allesind/

Also i see nothing in de dropmenu "Files in Catalog" to select...

I hope that somebody can help me with this problem.

Greetings,

Eddie

The capital letters, TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE, indicate you probably didn't change the database_tables.php file. You should go back over the instructions and look for that.

Jack

Jack

your right, fixed and runs :rolleyes:

thanks for help

rgds

alfrd

• 2 weeks later...

I have an extrange problem in sitemap. When I browse the sitemap (dynamic_sitemap.php), some items appears incomplete. I realize that the conflict items contain "quotes" (I only can see the content before quotes). The content after quotes is not shown in the screen, but in DB is written correct.

Any ideas? Thanks.

when trying to change the time zone i get this error any ideas?

Warning: fopen(/home/socom/domains/socomtactical.net/public_html/sitemaps.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/socom/domains/socomtactical.net/public_html/admin/create_xml_sitemaps.php on line 102

Thanks

Laurence

• 2 weeks later...
What permissions did you have to use?

Never mind, it was in the install istructions and I missed it.

I am having the same problem. All of my permissions in the xml files are set correctly. I have this installed on two sites. One is working perfectly but the other is getting the following error.

Warning: fopen(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/content/h/e/a/headphonecity/html/admin/create_xml_sitemaps.php on line 269

Warning: fopen(http://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/ping?sitemap=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.headphonecity.com%2Fsitemaps.xml): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/content/h/e/a/headphonecity/html/admin/create_xml_sitemaps.php on line 269

There was a problem notifying Google.

It looks like a permission problem but I can't figure out which file. I have checked all of the sitemap files between my two sites and they all have the same permissions. If someone has corrected this problem and can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am having the same problem. All of my permissions in the xml files are set correctly. I have this installed on two sites. One is working perfectly but the other is getting the following error.

If they are on different servers, check with the webhosting company.

Edited by Coopco

Carnt seem to find a support thread so maybe some one can help me i get the error

Warning: fopen(/home/socom/domains/socomtactical.net/public_html/sitemaps.xml): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/socom/domains/socomtactical.net/public_html/admin/create_xml_sitemaps.php on line 102

line 102 is

$fh = fopen($sm, 'w') or die(ERROR_INDEX_FILE);

Both are on the same host ( godaddy) and both sites are set up identically. Still not working

But are they the same server?

Warning: fopen(): URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration

Hi everyone,

I just installed the DynaMenu contribution, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly. The website so you can see the problem is http://www.daylightgifts.com/. The submenu is not aligning with the menu bar. Could someone please point me in the direction to solve this issue and align the submenu to the menu bar.

Thanks!

Daysi Gonzalez

Owner

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Typically this is handled by the settings in the stylesheet :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

I just installed the DynaMenu contribution, but it doesn't seem to be working correctly. The website so you can see the problem is http://www.daylightgifts.com/. The submenu is not aligning with the menu bar. Could someone please point me in the direction to solve this issue and align the submenu to the menu bar.

Thanks!

Daysi Gonzalez

DaylightGifts.com

Owner

~Tracy

Typically this is handled by the settings in the stylesheet :thumbsup:

Thank you for your response, but in which part of the stylesheet we copy into the .css file. The reason is that I have changed the different options to see if it will fix it and it doesn't.

Thank you for your time,

Daysi Gonzalez

Owner

Edited by Jan Zonjee

I would guess it should be in this section:

.horizsubmenu	{	   /* Behaviour of sub-menu items - leave as is for proper operation of submenus */
position: absolute;
left: 0;
top: 0;
visibility: hidden;
}

.horizsubframe	{	  /* Color of submenu item and border */
background-color: #e6e7e6;
border: 2px outset #fdfefd;

position: relative;
display: block;	
}

.horizsubitem	{	   /* Behaviour of sub-menu items - leave as is for proper operation of submenus */
text-align: left;
white-space: nowrap;
}

I usually google the suckerfish drop down menus to refresh my css for positioning :blush:

Thank you for your response, but in which part of the stylesheet we copy into the .css file. The reason is that I have changed the different options to see if it will fix it and it doesn't.

Thank you for your time,

Daysi Gonzalez

Owner

~Tracy

I would guess it should be in this section:

.horizsubmenu	{	   /* Behaviour of sub-menu items - leave as is for proper operation of submenus */
position: absolute;
left: 0;
top: 0;
visibility: hidden;
}

.horizsubframe	{	  /* Color of submenu item and border */
background-color: #e6e7e6;
border: 2px outset #fdfefd;

position: relative;
display: block;	
}

.horizsubitem	{	   /* Behaviour of sub-menu items - leave as is for proper operation of submenus */
text-align: left;
white-space: nowrap;
}

I usually google the suckerfish drop down menus to refresh my css for positioning :blush:

Thanks for your help. I figured out that what had to be in the footer needed to be in the applicationbottom.php page instead.

Thanks! :D