• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic SiteMap

Jack_mcs

Thanks for the quick reply. I installed 2.0 and it works. I am sorry to bother you on such an easy fix, I am always hesitant to use contributions modified from the original version by someone other than the developer. But in this case the new version worked perfectly. Thanks for letting me know.
I understand. Some of my contributions were damaged by such changes so I don't support them as a rule. Although, in this case, 2.0 does work.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The names come from its file in the english directory. You could change it there. I don't understand what you mean about new lines.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

The code is not setup for products. The All Products with Images contributions should be used for that. This is just for categories, pages and infoboxes. You could add the code to add products, of course, it just doesn't exist in there now.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok, and its possible to remove the right column, and add other elements, like you can see in this webpage?

http://www.lingerie-confidential.co.uk/cat...mic_sitemap.php

Thanks

phpsurfer

That site appears to be using this contribution and it is showing products so either the shop owner changed the code or there might be such a version uploaded here. It is possible in any case but the code would have to be edited.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

I seem to be having a problem with the 2.0 release. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction (I know I must have missed something, but I can't seem to find what). On my site when you click on SiteMap it generates a sitemap, but the formating doesn't appear correct. The page seems to justified wrong. Please look at the site http://www.tea-n-honey.com/dynamic_sitemap.php . Also is there an easy way to turn off the sitemap in the Admin panel?

Thank you in advance...

Steve

The dynamic_sitemap.php file that goes in the root uses the standard oscommerce page format. If yours is different, you can't just upload it to your server. You will need to compare it with some other file on your site to make the correct changes.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Fixed cPath in class category_tree.php (Dynamic Site Map v 2.00)

If you want to have category links to be suitable and compatible with breadcrumb and other contribs (like some categories box enhancments and similar), which means to have complete links including the parent categories, you just need to make these few minor changes included below.

AUTHORS: wizaard (if) and funous (the others) ;)

HOW TO?

CHANGES TO catalog/includes/classes/category_tree.php

REPLACE:

function buildBranch($parent_id, $level = 0) {

WITH:

function buildBranch($parent_id, $level = 0, $p_category_link = false) {

ADD BELOW FOREACH FUNCTION (around line 23):

if ($parent_id == '0') {
$category_link = $category_id;
} else {
$category_link = $p_category_link . '_' . $category_id;
}

REPLACE:

$result .= $this->buildBranch($category_id, $level+1);}

WITH:

$result .= $this->buildBranch($category_id, $level+1, $category_link);}

THE END, ENJOY

When I've read my posted hint (Fixed cPath in class category_tree.php (Dynamic Site Map v 2.00)) I found out that it would be nice to give you better explanation what it does. So... the original version of Dynamic SiteMap v 2.00 outputs links of categories using "index.php?cPath=ID" mask but it's not very suitable and compatible with breadcrumbs and/or category list box. BUT when you use my fix, you'll get the right and well-working links like this: "index.php?cPath=(Parent ID 1)_(Parent ID 2)..._(Parent ID X)_(Current category ID)" which is the correct one.

• 2 weeks later...
ok, I see that the defines are there

after spending some time and experimenting with various things, I found the problem

this may or may not be a php 5.x thing, but, I had to go thru the files for this contrib and change all

<?

to

<?php

once that was done, things started working

Thanks for pointing this out... how one missed that I don't know! I can stop banging my head on the wall now ;)

After installing Dynamic Sitemap v2, everything seems to perform as it should do but I have the following error at the top of sitemap page:-

"Warning: is_dir() [function.is-dir]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(..) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/rdlsafet/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/rdlsafet/public_html/includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php on line 114"

Code at line 114 reads:

if((! is_dir($file) && substr($file, -4, 4) === ".php") && !in_array($file ,$excluded_array))//only look at php files and skip that are excluded
   {
       $engFile = DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . $file;
       if (file_exists($engFile) && IsViewable($file)) 
       {

From searching the forum this seems to be a problem caused by sitemap trying to access a /tmp directory that I don't have access to. Can I direct it to another directory that I do have access to e.g /home/rdlsafet/public_html/newdir? And how to do?

Be gentle with me, php 5/10, server controls 3/10 but on a steep learning curve! :blink:

thanks

John

You can sometimes get by that by going to admin->Configuration->Sessions and changing the path to a local one, like /home/USERNAME/public_html/tmp/, where USERNAME is your username. If that doesn't do it, you may need to ask your host since it can be caused by a server setup too.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The categories are sorted based on their sort setting in admin. For the pages, trying adding this right before the ?> in incudes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php

sort($files['name']);

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have worked though the updated readme file and installed the version from here http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri.../search,sitemap

dated 25 ostober 2005 by sallen, first off is this the contribution thread that supports this and if so can anyone tell me what I have done wrong to get this error on the main shop when the sitemap link is clicked

1146 - Table 'racermx_osc1.TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE' doesn't exist

select exclude_file from TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE where exclude_type != "0" and is_box="1"

[TEP STOP]

I have run the sql file and the admin section shows all pages in the dropdown list.

Cheers

Ian

Edited by ian_m

Yes, this is the correct thread. When you see capital letters like that, it means a definition cannot be found. In this case, I suspect you didn't make the changes to the database_tables.php file. Read through the instructions and look for those pertaining to that file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yes, this is the correct thread. When you see capital letters like that, it means a definition cannot be found. In this case, I suspect you didn't make the changes to the database_tables.php file. Read through the instructions and look for those pertaining to that file.

Jack

Jack

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction you were spot on, now working perfect, thanks again for your invaluable help.

Regards

Ian

Ive had the site map installed for awhile now all working good, today I went into it and got this error on the Admin side:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class box could not be converted to string in public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 281

Thanks