• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic SiteMap

Jack_mcs

It's not currently possible without changing the code. I plan on adding that as option but that isn't going to be anytime soon.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed Dynamic Sitemap v2.0 today and have been getting this message:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

This is the first time I've done anything with the database, always afraid I would mess something up!!

Can anyone PLEASE tell me what I did wrong? www.betsyscrochet.com

That error can mean many things but if it is only happening with the file for this contribution, then it is probably because the permissions settings on the file is not correct for your host. Check the settings for some other file that is working and then set the ones for the all products file to it to see if that fixes it.

The 404 error is most likely happening because you don't have your own 404 page. It won't hurt anything but you should have your own so you can better control where your lost visitors end up.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I am interested to install Dynamic SiteMap . and wondering which version should be installed ?

Dynamic SiteMap V 1.6 or Dynamic SiteMap V 2.0 ?

( I have installed STS V4.4 )

jason

I am interested to install Dynamic SiteMap . and wondering which version should be installed ?

Dynamic SiteMap V 1.6 or Dynamic SiteMap V 2.0 ?

( I have installed STS V4.4 )

jason

I haven't tried all of the "junk" uploads. The original version of 2.0 works so I suggest that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks, changing the permissions worked! How do I add a 404 page? Sorry, I have no idea what I'm doing.
Create a file named 404.shtml and edit it to make it appear as you want. It should contain an explanation that the page the person was looking for could not be found, a link to your site and a link to your sitemap. You can add whatever else you want and make it as appealing or unattracive as you like. It really should match the appearance of your site though so as not to confuse the visitors. When you are done, upload it to the root and then go to http://yourdomain.com/abcde (some non-existent page) and see if it works.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Create a file named 404.shtml and edit it to make it appear as you want. It should contain an explanation that the page the person was looking for could not be found, a link to your site and a link to your sitemap. You can add whatever else you want and make it as appealing or unattracive as you like. It really should match the appearance of your site though so as not to confuse the visitors. When you are done, upload it to the root and then go to http://yourdomain.com/abcde (some non-existent page) and see if it works.

Jack

Jack, Thanks for the help. I've had that error message several times before with other contributions and asked for help, but never got a reply so I just put everything back the way it was. Thanks for taking the time to respond. Your the best!!!!!!!!!

I haven't tried all of the "junk" uploads. The original version of 2.0 works so I suggest that.

Jack

thanks Jack.

there are number of V2.0 version . Which one you would recommend ? like ....

Dynamic SiteMap v2.0 MOD moda 25 Oct 2006

Dynamic SiteMap v2.0 sallen 25 Oct 2006

Dynamic Sitemap v 2.0 kit 7 Jul 2006

( sorry for asking . just want to minimize the chance of broken the shop. as I 've installed number of contribution including your great contribution Header Tage Controller. it runs simply great and the installation text is clear, which make it easy to install, thanks for your effort )

Probably this one: Dynamic Sitemap v 2.0 kit 7 Jul 2006.

Jack

Hi Jack

thanks , I've installed Dynamic Sitemap v 2.0 kit 7 Jul 2006.

just have question.

the site map was shown only when STS V4.4 set to flase. Do you know what I should do to make it works with STS V4.4 ?

No, I don't use STS. You may want to ask in the support thread for it though.

Jack

I've posted my question in the STS Support thread.

Dynamic sitemap is probably a nice contribution that a store should not miss.

hope someone might help.

Hey again Jack :)

Is it possible to display both the products and categories?

At the moment I can either display the categories or the products with two different category_tree.php files.

I haven't had the chance yet to test this with the Dynamic Sitemap - but I created an add-on to the Dynamenu to be able to add products into the menu - it's just an object that is referenced. You might be able to use it though to add the products into your Dynamic Sitemap with a little tweaking :blush:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4228

~Tracy

Hi Jack,

Much as I hate to sound completely noobish........ :blush:

.......I'm looking at the install instructions, and this line has me baffled:

run install.sql on your database.

What does it mean?

I've heard sql mentioned before, but what is it? Do I need to know about it to install this contribution? I haven't had to use it for any of the other changes that I've made (just FTP)

Nikki

It means you have to make changes to the database for the contribution to function properly. To do this, you need to open the program named phpmyadmin, which is accessed through your hosts control panel. This thread gives a good example of how to get to the database to do this. Your panel may look a little different than the one shown so if you get stuck, just ask. You should always backup your database and files before making changes to them.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...
I have installed 1.6 without any real problems. Just a could of funnies

Wherever there is an ' in the title, it cuts the description short. Is there a way around this?

(snip)

I installed the 2.0 contrib today and the problem persists. The following is a fix. I'm not sure if it is the best fix, and so hesitated to add it as a contrib.

In catalog/includes/modules, modify dynamic_sitemap.php:

1) Change:

$p_stop = strpos($fp[$idx], "'", $p_start + 2);

To:

$p_stop = strpos($fp[$idx], ")", $p_start + 2);

2) Change:

$files['name'][] = str_replace('%s', '', ucfirst(substr($fp[$idx], $p_start + 1, $p_stop - $p_start - 1)));

To:

$files['name'][] = str_replace('%s', '', ucfirst(substr($fp[$idx], $p_start + 1, $p_stop - $p_start - 2)));

Be sure you don't have more than one information.php file in the boxes directory. It might be named information_orig.php or some other variant.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I've installed Dynamic Sitemap v.2.0, and have the following issue:

Product categories shows Ok, than Login (login.php) and than Shoping cart info (info_shopping_cart.php) are shown and then I get error message:

[b]Fatal error[/b]:  Cannot use string offset as an array in [b]/www/vhosts/alex-rus.com/html/oscommerce/dynamic_sitemap.php[/b] on line [b]70[/b]

I can exclude all php files in catalog and boxes in admin area not to be shown but the error remains.

Can any one help?

Alex

That's an error caused by php 5. I'm just guessing at the actual code that is causing the problem since I can't see the error but I think it has to do with the $boxHeading array. In includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php, find this line

$boxText = array();

and add this after it

$boxHeading = array();

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

That's an error caused by php 5. I'm just guessing at the actual code that is causing the problem since I can't see the error but I think it has to do with the $boxHeading array. In includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php, find this line
$boxText = array();

and add this after it

$boxHeading = array();

Jack

Unfortunately this didn't help.

The following code cause this issue:

if (count($boxHeading) > 0) {
				 for ($b = 0; $b < count($boxHeading); ++$b) {
							  echo '<li>'.$boxHeading[$b]['heading'][$b].'</li>'; ?>

<ul><?php
													for ($f = 0; $f < count($boxHeading[$b]['filename']); ++$f)
										if (tep_not_null($boxHeading[$b]['filename'][$f]))
																	 echo '<li><a title="'. $boxHeading[$b]['boxtext'][$f] .'" href="' . tep_href_link($boxHeading[$b]['filename'][$f]) . '">' . $boxHeading[$b]['boxtext'][$f] . '</a></li>';
	?>
						  </ul>

Any other ideas,

thanks for help

Alex

$boxText = array();

and add this after it

$boxHeading = array();

Jack

Unfortunately this didn't help.

The following code cause this issue:

if (count($boxHeading) > 0) {
				 for ($b = 0; $b < count($boxHeading); ++$b) {
							  echo '<li>'.$boxHeading[$b]['heading'][$b].'</li>'; ?>

<ul><?php
													for ($f = 0; $f < count($boxHeading[$b]['filename']); ++$f)
										if (tep_not_null($boxHeading[$b]['filename'][$f]))
																	 echo '<li><a title="'. $boxHeading[$b]['boxtext'][$f] .'" href="' . tep_href_link($boxHeading[$b]['filename'][$f]) . '">' . $boxHeading[$b]['boxtext'][$f] . '</a></li>';
	?>
						  </ul>

Any other ideas,

thanks for help

Alex

The error is due to the code thinking the variable is being misused. You will need to isolate the exact line that is causing it and then make sure the variables used in that line are declared before being used.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

have installed the sitemap contribution and I am receiving the following printout when I click on the Sitemap link in the info box. I am not sure what to make of it.

# Information

1146 - Table 'jusyern.TABLE_PAGES' doesn't exist

select p.pages_id, p.sort_order, p.status, s.pages_title, s.pages_html_text from TABLE_PAGES p LEFT JOIN TABLE_PAGES_DESCRIPTION s on p.pages_id = s.pages_id where p.status = 1 and s.language_id = '1' and p.sort_order > 0 order by p.sort_order, s.pages_title

[TEP STOP]

What should I do? CHris B)