• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic SiteMap

Jack_mcs

Sounds like a mistake in the code at this point. If you are able to create a test shop, you can do that and install the contributions to see iif they work there and then compare the files. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• 2 weeks later...

I can't see your shop in German. It is trying to display it in English but none of the categories show up and there are a lot of missing definitions. As for infoboxes, try temporairly removing one or two to isolate the cause of the problem. I can't see what that is but it is usually something in the box that causes the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Okay, this has been bugging me for weeks now... as I read this support thread and look at everyone's examples, I've been trying to get my site map to look like theirs... this is my map:

mysitemap.jpg

This is others:

wantedsitemap.jpg

I love love love the way the tree looks with the breakdown, but for the life of me I can't figure out why I can't get mine to do that... any input? My site is here.

Someone uploaded a different category_tree file. You could try that, or if you already have it, try the original.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Harm. Have far a code piece found where it then on German was simply a code above to exchange. Would that be sinvoll? It sees is stupidly from if half English half German

$name = explode("_", $parts[0]);	//ignore the BOX_HEADING part  
			for ($x = 3; $x < count($name); ++$x) //name may be more than one word  
			{  
			  if (tep_not_null($name[$x]))  
				$name[2] .= ' ' . $name[$x];  
			}  
			$name[2] = strtolower($name[2]);  
			$name[2] = ucfirst($name[2]);  
			$boxHeading[$ctr]['heading'][$ctr] = $name[2];

$boxHeading[$ctr]['heading'][$ctr] = getBoxText($pathLanguage, $parts[0]);

Hi Jack,

Not sure if this has been posted either here or in the Header Tags Controller thread but I have just found out that the new infobox that is in the header tags controller contrib causes some conflicts with the dynamic sitemap. Or should I say at least it does for me urgh.

Just to let you know in case you did not.

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

What kind of conflicts? It won't display in the site map since the title is created dynamically, butit won't make it fail either, at least it shouldn't.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm not getting that faiure here. All I can suggest is to exclude it from the sitemap. It doesn't server any purpose anyway since it doesn't exist unless a product page is showing.

JAck

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Jack.

There's been some changes on my site (changed from catalog to the root directory) and all of a sudden I was getting the dreaded

Warning: opendir('.'): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /path/to/my/server/includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php

Did some research and saw where you had said it was the server php.ini settings.

Called my webhost, and the tech changed the opendir('.') to opendir('/path/to/my/server/') in the includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php code.

Lo and behold, the public dynamic_sitemap.php page now works. But tech support is telling me that the the opendir function IS working since it works when the path is hard coded in.

My admin side of dynamic_sitemap.php is having the same Warning message.

I don't know enough to argue specifics with the tech support. And I need to change some of the settings in the admin section. What should I do now to get my admin section of the dynamic sitemap working?

Hey Jack.

There's been some changes on my site (changed from catalog to the root directory) and all of a sudden I was getting the dreaded

Warning: opendir('.'): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /path/to/my/server/includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php

Did some research and saw where you had said it was the server php.ini settings.

Called my webhost, and the tech changed the opendir('.') to opendir('/path/to/my/server/') in the includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php code.

Lo and behold, the public dynamic_sitemap.php page now works. But tech support is telling me that the the opendir function IS working since it works when the path is hard coded in.

My admin side of dynamic_sitemap.php is having the same Warning message.

I don't know enough to argue specifics with the tech support. And I need to change some of the settings in the admin section. What should I do now to get my admin section of the dynamic sitemap working?

Normally I would say the erver settings were at fault but if it was working before the move, it should still be, I think. It might be that the permissions are missed up somewhere, although I would think you would have more than this problem. Maybe the path to the file is not quite right. If the configure file was not changed properly, I suppose that could cause such a problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Normally I would say the erver settings were at fault but if it was working before the move, it should still be, I think. It might be that the permissions are missed up somewhere, although I would think you would have more than this problem. Maybe the path to the file is not quite right. If the configure file was not changed properly, I suppose that could cause such a problem.

Jack

And in the admin/sitemap.php it has if ($handle = opendir(DIR_FS_CATALOG)){

Which gives me the same errors of unable to open directory /path/to/my/site/ Permission denied.

If I put in

/path/to/my/site/includes/modules/

Then the errors stop, but doesn't seem to update the public dynamic_sitemap.php

My mistake. Yes, it updates the db. Had two of the same file in the db. Removed the extra instance and it updates fine.

In IE6. Firefox browser doesn't have the submit button to make changes.

Just recording all this in case someone else runs into the same issues I have.

• 3 weeks later...