• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic SiteMap

Jack_mcs

'.TEXT_EXCLUDE_FOR_UNREG.tep_draw_radio_field('ex_type','unreg');?>

'.TEXT_EXCLUDE_FOR_UNREG.tep_draw_radio_field('ex_type','unreg');?>

'.$exclude['exclude_file'].' ('.( $exclude['exclude_type'] == 1 ? TEXT_ALL : TEXT_UNREG ).') '.TEXT_INCLUDE.'

'; } ?>

'.$exclude['exclude_file'].' ('.( $exclude['exclude_type'] == 1 ? TEXT_ALL : TEXT_UNREG ).') '.TEXT_INCLUDE.'

'; } ?>

And on the catalog page -

# ', $parent_group_end_string = ' ', $child_start_string = '', $child_end_string = '

', $spacer_string = '', $spacer_multiplier = 1; function osC_CategoryTree($load_from_database = true) { global $languages_id; $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.parent_id, c.sort_order, cd.categories_name"); $this->data = array(); while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) { $this->data[$categories['parent_id']][$categories['categories_id']] = array('name' => $categories['categories_name'], 'count' => 0);} } //end class osC_CategoryTree function buildBranch($parent_id, $level = 0) { $result = $this->parent_group_start_string; //starts the

* tag if (isset($this->data[$parent_id])) { foreach ($this->data[$parent_id] as $category_id => $category) { $category_link = $category_id; $result .= $this->child_start_string; // prints if (isset($this->data[$category_id])) {$result .= $this->parent_start_string;} //prints nothing if ($level == 0) {$result .= $this->root_start_string;} //prints nothing $result .= str_repeat($this->spacer_string, $this->spacer_multiplier * $level) . ''; $result .= $category['name']; $result .= ''; if ($level == 0) {$result .= $this->root_end_string;} //prints nothing if (isset($this->data[$category_id])) {$result .= $this->parent_end_string;} //prints

if (isset($this->data[$category_id]) && (($this->max_level == '0') || ($this->max_level > $level+1))) { $result .= $this->buildBranch($category_id, $level+1);} $result .= $this->child_end_string; //prints }// end foreach } // end if (isset $result .= $this->parent_group_end_string; // return $result; } //end function function buildTree() { return $this->buildBranch($this->root_category_id);}} ?>

I am getting these same errors

have installed, reinstalled the mod multiple times

osCommerce 2.2-MS2

PHP Version 5.1.6

Database: MySQL 5.0.26-standard

TIA

The TEXT_EXCLUDE_FOR_UNREG in the error indicates the definition has not been installed. Have you uploaded the files included in the contribution to the correct location?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

The TEXT_EXCLUDE_FOR_UNREG in the error indicates the definition has not been installed. Have you uploaded the files included in the contribution to the correct location?

Jack

yes I have

there is no define for TEXT_EXCLUDE_FOR_UNREG or other TEXT_ variables in any of the readme files

Edited by jchasick

You probably downloaded one of the partial uploads the lazy and inconsiderate people upload. You will need to go through the various packages and find a full version. That definition is in there.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

You probably downloaded one of the partial uploads the lazy and inconsiderate people upload. You will need to go through the various packages and find a full version. That definition is in there.

Jack

I have gone thru all of them and cannot find the defines for these variables

thanks

You're missing it somehow. I just checked and the definition is in admin/includes/languages/english/sitemap.php.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Some of the samples ya'll are posting are showing your category headings with the items indented underneath - how did you do that? Mine (see HERE) just lists everything alphabetically, but I'd sure like it broken down... thanks so much!

Dup... I realized I already asked that question a few weeks ago... I need to change to the older version to get both the categories and the products?

You're missing it somehow. I just checked and the definition is in admin/includes/languages/english/sitemap.php.

Jack

ok, I see that the defines are there

after spending some time and experimenting with various things, I found the problem

this may or may not be a php 5.x thing, but, I had to go thru the files for this contrib and change all

<?

to

<?php

once that was done, things started working

Using <? is not recommended since it won't work for servers that have the short tags option turned off. Whoever uploaded the version you are using probably didn't know better.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am at a complete loss here, and I haven't found this in the forum yet (may have missed it, but I have been searching for a bit).

I installed the dynamic_sitemap contrib and everything seems to be functioning fine except for the actual sitemap page that the visitor should see. It loads everything BUT the sitemap?? So I have my top, footer, left and right columns - just nothing in the middle :blink:

I have no idea why there is nothing there, viewing the source code doesn't help me any - it just shows me where my sitemap should be located - but it is blank :

<!-- start Default Content //-->

<!-- end Default Content //-->

That is exactly what my browser source code says for the area the sitemap should be in ???

Anybody have any ideas as to what is happening?

Tracy

Hey Tracy,

You're most likely getting this blank page because you are using STS. In order to correct this, please ensure that in /catalog/dynamic_sitemap.php you do NOT have the following code commented out. If you do, please remove the // from the start of the line below.

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

Let us know if this fixes your problem

Hi Jack,

i am just about to install your contrib dynamic sitemap v2, and need clarification on part of the readme where the first step says to run install.sql on your database. could you please tell me how to do this?, the rest i can handle.

all changes are on localhost

many thanks

Paul

I just installed dynamic sitemap contiribution, I got my site map but the sub categories are not listed:

My Dynamic Site Map. I have the same

problem with the static one: My Static (?) Site Map.

I'm going to have the dynamic site map clickable from my shop's menu after it works. Would it be recommendable to clean up the static one?

I have installed the google site map generator, but I cannnot find any yahoo site map generator. The site map we get from this contribution, is it doing the same job as the site map we're supposed to submit to Yahoo or MSN? Is there any contribution on yahoo sitemap generator?

I know I look confused and clueless :blink: , any advice would greatly appreciated.

Nique

The code in Dynamic Sitemap should display all of the categories. Since your sub-categories don't display in your categories box either so I'm guessing that you have your categories set up in a non-standard way.

There isn't a google type sitemap contribution for Yahoo and MSN because those sites don't offer that feature. You can create a ROR sitemap (search Internet to find out how) and all of the search engines will use it. However, "coming soon" (whenever that may be), Yahoo and MSN will adopt google's way of doing the sitemaps so the google sitemap may work for all of them.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The code in Dynamic Sitemap should display all of the categories. Since your sub-categories don't display in your categories box either so I'm guessing that you have your categories set up in a non-standard way.

There isn't a google type sitemap contribution for Yahoo and MSN because those sites don't offer that feature. You can create a ROR sitemap (search Internet to find out how) and all of the search engines will use it. However, "coming soon" (whenever that may be), Yahoo and MSN will adopt google's way of doing the sitemaps so the google sitemap may work for all of them.

Jack

Dear Jack:

I just got it right. As you said: I have something non-standard:

I forgot that I have defined the <li> tag's style differently for my drop down menu. :D

I think it looks great now :My Site Map and

I'm happy. Thank's

Nique

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the alternative catagory_tree.php that is supposed to show products.

When i use it no products get added or shown in the site map ? ... it's just blank.

The origianal one works fine for just showing catagories and subs...

anyone else had this problem ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I had the problem that the dynamic site map shows inactive (disabled) products, too. I corrected this with that little code in the file /includes/classes/category_tree.php:

old line 33:

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.products_id, cd.products_name, c.products_tax_class_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.products_id = cd.products_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.products_tax_class_id, cd.products_name");

new line 33:

$categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.products_id, cd.products_name, c.products_tax_class_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.products_id = cd.products_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and c.products_status = '1' order by c.products_tax_class_id, cd.products_name");

(The new extension is and c.products_status = '1' )

Bye,

Marcel

Hey Jack,

After installing header tags I now get this in my sitemap:

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

I uploaded the information pages unlimited update which was working fine before hand and now these pages seem to be the ones that are now missing.

Any idea's?

Thanks

What version of this contribution are you using? Also, be sure that the search engine friendly option is truned off.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It could be an infobox that is confusing the code. Check the last inforbox displayed on the sitemap. Then remove the ones after if from your includes/boxes directory. The page may not load depending on the boxes removed but it might help you isolate the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Mmmmm, I dont know what Im looking at, the infobox missing on the last of the site map is my information box which only showed up the site map and conditions so I installed the Information pages unlimited update then all the links in the information box showed up. All was good. Contact Us has never worked (showed up) on it and I think it was forgot password only showed up with the letter "I" so I just excluded it. I installed header tags and thats when I got the error. (Ive probably done something I shouldnt have along the way) Then I installed CCVG(trad) and no links showed up in my information box but they showed up in the site map. I had a look around and deleted things in the information.php (back to original now) but as I said I dont know what Im looking at, all mumbo jumbo to me. Anyway, since doing that now the gift voucher FAQ has showed up in the information box but its not linked (clickable)

Dont know if that has anything to do with it. Its ok if the information box doesnt show up on the site map as most of everything else does (I'd like it to though) as long as it works, which it does and I just want the little red

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

to go away, Im positively clueless. Have no idea when it comes to the code.

Hope I havent confused you :)

I suggest going into admin->tools->sitemap and excluding all of the infoboxes (or until the problem goes away). It might take a while but sooner or later you should reach a point where the problem file is removed. It is just a matter of isolating which one is causing the problem. Of course, I suppose there could be a mistake made during installation of one of the contributions, but there is no logical way to troubleshoot that without going into the code.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Files in Catalog and Catalog boxes all excluded. Still get the error, I must of done a boo boo somewhere when installing but have no idea how I would find it. Theres a little red o still in the Catalog box side, this is where the information box info was. I think maybe it has something to do with that. ??? Just a thought!