• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic SiteMap

Jack_mcs

For the dots, it may be due to some pages that don't have english files. Look in your root directory after the wishlist.php file and see if there are any files. If they are, try adding them to the excluse list.

As for the text, that is taken from the english file, like english/wishlist.php. You can change it there to see how it works.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack thanks will try that for taking out the red dots..... I actually took out these <ul> </ul> in the dynamic_sitemap.php (index) and that seemed to work great....is this ok to do in your opinion?

The text I was able to edit in the includes/languages/english/.....File.php and simply changed the title to something more meaningful.

Also I found an error in the dynamic_sitemap.php file that had a text mistake that wasn't allowing the right colum to appear. I've updated in the contribs section. I'm no coder but I know an error when I see one. :thumbsup:

Oh one more question, how do I make the right be alphabetically organized like the left side? Kind of makes sense to have it the same for the customber right?

Other than that mine is perfect and I'm very happy, thanks for all the hard work and cheers! B)

Nigelman

Edited by Tsuri Japan

That error was introduced in one of the versions after mine. Changes like that, and partial updates like the one you made, will quickly ruin a contribution. I appreciate you wanting to help. You have the right to make such uploads and certainly don't need my permission to do so. But I would ask you, or anyone else, and for any contribution, to please only add full updates. If you want to get an idea of the trouble not doing this can cause, try figuring out which Easy Populate contribution to use.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

That error was introduced in one of the versions after mine. Changes like that, and partial updates like the one you made, will quickly ruin a contribution. I appreciate you wanting to help. You have the right to make such uploads and certainly don't need my permission to do so. But I would ask you, or anyone else, and for any contribution, to please only add full updates. If you want to get an idea of the trouble not doing this can cause, try figuring out which Easy Populate contribution to use.

Jack

Jack no worries and thanks for explaining my error, next time I'll just upload the whole package. Yes I know what you mean when there's so many different addons and extras it gets so dam confusing. I mean how hard is it just to replace the one file and upload it the whole package....next time I will for sure!

Oh one thing I found out. If you have any commas in your title description it will cut off from the comma. So in the default "Get them while they're hot" it will show like "Get them while they" In order to change this just go into your includes/languages/english/yourfiletochange.php file, you should see the text to change.

Hope this helps because I saw others who were having this problem and not getting any answears.

Nigelman :thumbsup:

There is a big error in this contribution. It is not SEO friendly and generates "duplicate content".

The links for the subcategories should be in this form

http://www.site.com/index.php/cPath/552_120 NOT

http://www.site.com/index.php/cPath/120

It creates duplicate content because in the categories menu, this subcategory is referenced as http://www.site.com/index.php/cPath/552_120

Please resolve this, i suggest using tep_get_path() function

Best regards

Edited by pexcornel

Those urls are not create by this contribution. It appears you are using the Search Engine Friendly option which, at best, barely works. You should turn that off and install Ultimate SEO if you want your url's rewritten in a SE friendly manner.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I noticed that the box headings in the site map weren't from the language files.

In catalog/includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php:

$name = explode("_", $parts[0]);	//ignore the BOX_HEADING part  
			for ($x = 3; $x < count($name); ++$x) //name may be more than one word  
			{  
			  if (tep_not_null($name[$x]))  
				$name[2] .= ' ' . $name[$x];  
			}  
			$name[2] = strtolower($name[2]);  
			$name[2] = ucfirst($name[2]);  
			$boxHeading[$ctr]['heading'][$ctr] = $name[2];

This makes them always English and always the capitalized last part ot the BOX_HEADING_* variable name (instead of its value).

I wanted my box heading to translate and to use the box headings I defined in the language files so I replaced the above with :

$boxHeading[$ctr]['heading'][$ctr] = getBoxText($pathLanguage, $parts[0]);

which seems to work fine.

My question is, what is the reason that the box headings were not taken from the language files as above; is there some problem with that?

best,

i.

Edited by IndiaStarker

*** Je suis plus souvent sur le forum français ***

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

remote : IcoOpenBSD 4.x, server : IcodiaSecureHttpd, MySQL 4.1.24, php : 4.4.9

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

The name was originally taken from the filename but it was pointed out that the filenames don't change with languages. The code was changed to use the text from the file which should be in the proper language automatically. If it isn't in yours, then maybe your laguage files are not setup correctly?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack_mcs,

Thanks for your rapid reply, appreciated.

The name was originally taken from the filename but it was pointed out that the filenames don't change with languages. The code was changed to use the text from the file which should be in the proper language automatically.

Aha.

I quoted above the code I found and what I changed it to. It is pretty obvious it wasn't reading the language files (with the zillion echos I debugged with to find out). Even the comment states as much.

My guess that the contribution I downloaded:

Dynamic Sitemap v 2.0 kit 7 Jul 2006

must not have had your intended code in it; now I understand that you did not intend for this, for the contrib may no longer be what you wrote.

Perhaps someone posted an earlier contrib thus wiping out the improvement you refer to. (boo.)

Btw, I recursively diffed the version posted by

Dynamic SiteMap v2.0 sallen 25 Oct 2006

with

and only the instructions in the readme's are different.

I have never made a contrib so I would be a bit hesitant to make one.

But it's nice to know that what I wrote above *probably was* your intention and it wasn't omitted because of a problem.

best,

-i

Edited by IndiaStarker

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

I scanned thru this huge thread and didn't see reference to this error. In my Admin side, if I click on "sitemap", I get this:

1146 - Table 'garysgal_osc1.TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE' doesn't exist

select exclude_file from TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE where exclude_type != "0" and is_box="0"

[TEP STOP]

What did I miss in installation? I love the look, wanting to exclude some files... thanks so much!

Whenever you see capital letters, like TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE, in an error, it means a definition cannot be found. So you need to go over the instructions that tell you to add the definition and you should be all set.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Whenever you see capital letters, like TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE, in an error, it means a definition cannot be found. So you need to go over the instructions that tell you to add the definition and you should be all set.

Jack

Thank you - I found it.

Another question - how are people getting their products broken down in categories? I have several products that are in different categories of my site, and without them being broken down, it looks rather odd: http://familymemoriesandmore.com/cart/dyna...d0b9f3ca7d736ad

Hi garysgal,

The earlier version I downloaded displays the categories (instead of the products). Your choice.

I think this one is the same as the one I downloaded but includes fixed instructions: Dynamic SiteMap v2.0 sallen 25 Oct 2006

best,

-i.

Thank you - I found it.

Another question - how are people getting their products broken down in categories? I have several products that are in different categories of my site, and without them being broken down, it looks rather odd: http://familymemoriesandmore.com/cart/dyna...d0b9f3ca7d736ad

Products aren't listed by Dynamic Sitemap.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am at a complete loss here, and I haven't found this in the forum yet (may have missed it, but I have been searching for a bit).

I installed the dynamic_sitemap contrib and everything seems to be functioning fine except for the actual sitemap page that the visitor should see. It loads everything BUT the sitemap?? So I have my top, footer, left and right columns - just nothing in the middle :blink:

I have no idea why there is nothing there, viewing the source code doesn't help me any - it just shows me where my sitemap should be located - but it is blank :

<!-- start Default Content //-->

<!-- end Default Content //-->

That is exactly what my browser source code says for the area the sitemap should be in ???

Anybody have any ideas as to what is happening?

Tracy

~Tracy

The text "start Default Content" isn't part of this contribution so I'm not sure what you are looking at. What file do you see that code in?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Products aren't listed by Dynamic Sitemap.

Jack

Jack and garysgal:

It may help to read what the contributors write next to their contributions.

Dynamic SiteMap v2.0 MOD moda 25 Oct 2006

I made a minor changes, instead of links to categories ==> links to

products.

My other comments on earlier versions here.

and here.

Best,

India

The text "start Default Content" isn't part of this contribution so I'm not sure what you are looking at. What file do you see that code in?

Jack

Hi Jack,

That is in the "View Source" of my dynamic_sitemap page. That commented out bit of text shows you where your page content should be. There is nothing there - no code from this contrib or anything else. My header, left_column, right_column and footer all show up - but no content in the main part of the page ??

I removed the dynamic_sitemap contrib for now and went back to the sitemap MS2 v2-2 instead as it works fine for me. Now I'm working on seeing how I can merge the two separate category_tree.php files so that the sitemap will show all categories and all products within those categories :)

Tracy

~Tracy

Hi Jack,

Just wanted to say thanks for this contrib. It installed easily and what it does is pretty cool. My site map so far.

Thanks again for all your hard work!

India

Basic summary of what I did :

I installed these versions/fixes (I don't know about later ones then but thanks to those who made them) :

with these fixed instructions :
Typo in readme in version 2.0 aapinen 5 Aug 2006

and this right column fix :
If you want a right colum Tsuri Japan 26 Oct 2006

Thanks to Jack and all others above and also those not above.

I also made some tweaks (that did not prevent the contrib from working but made it better for me) :

• styles
  • fixed a minor imbedded list error so the page would validate--(error also present in the original site maps 2.0)
    Aside :
    Apparently for a second level list, it should be :
    <li>
    <ul>
    	<li>
    	</li>
    </ul>
    </li>

and not

<li></li>
      <ul>
    	  <li>
    	  </li>
      </ul>

• made it ignore a box when header text is non-existant
  • restored an earlier intention lost somewhere to translate box headers and
  • made links containing named anchors work (this probably doesn't interest anyone)

Hints to others:

You can copy paste a line from the install sql if for some reason you lose the db entry for a particular file (this happened to me).

Sometimes it was easier to edit the database directly to show/hide a link.

Thanks Jack for the simple to understand db table . bravo.

Other :

For whatever reason, I had trouble unzipping Dynamic SiteMap v2.0 sallen 25 Oct 2006 today so cannot recheck the comment about it I made in an earlier post -- thought it was a combination of kit's plus fixed instructions plus Spanish. (I hadn't kept it).

best, i.

For whatever reason, I had trouble unzipping Dynamic SiteMap v2.0 sallen 25 Oct 2006 today ...

Sorry, a glitch. The above is fine and its in fact the one to start with. It is identical (according to diff below) to the one by kit less the fixed instructions (minor : defines go into language files not tools.php)

Summary

Get the one by sallen, optionally the readme by aapinen and definitely the right col fix by tsuri. A contrib is probably in order...

notes :

[india@Freya OSCOMMERCECONTRIBS]$ diff -r -l installed/dynamic_sitemap2.0-by-kit-07JUL2006/ not-installed/dynamic-sitemap2.0-by-sallen-25OCT2006/

Seulement dans not-installed/dynamic-sitemap2.0-by-sallen-25OCT2006/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/images/buttons: Thumbs.db

Seulement dans not-installed/dynamic-sitemap2.0-by-sallen-25OCT2006/catalog/admin/includes/languages: espanol

Seulement dans not-installed/dynamic-sitemap2.0-by-sallen-25OCT2006/catalog/includes/languages: espanol

Seulement dans not-installed/dynamic-sitemap2.0-by-sallen-25OCT2006/: intrucciones_espanol.txt

Seulement dans installed/dynamic_sitemap2.0-by-kit-07JUL2006/: readme.txt

Seulement dans not-installed/dynamic-sitemap2.0-by-sallen-25OCT2006/: readme v 2.0.txt

[india@Freya OSCOMMERCECONTRIBS]$

Seulement dans means Only in

-i

Hi Guys,

I am trying to combine the V2 (25th October 2006) with the earlier version for integration with information pages unlimited contribution but with little success.

I have compared the files and changed what I think needed to be changed but get this error:

Error!

Unable to determine the page link!

If someone more experienced than me would kindly take a look.

<?php
/*
 $Id: sitemap.php,v2.0 2006/07/07 web4pro

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP);

include(DIR_WS_MODULES . '/dynamic_sitemap.php');

$breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE, tep_href_link(FILENAME_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP));
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
<!-- body_text //-->
<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
	  <tr>
		<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="2">
	  <tr>
		<td width="1%" class="main" valign="top" align="left"><?php require DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'category_tree.php'; $osC_CategoryTree = new osC_CategoryTree; echo $osC_CategoryTree->buildTree(); ?></td>
		<td width="99%" class="main" valign="top" align="left">
		  <ul class="sitemap">
			<?php if (count($files['name']) > 0) { 
			 for ($b = 0; $b < count($files['name']); ++$b) { 
			?>			   
			  <li><?php echo '<a title="'. $files['name'][$b] .'" href="' . tep_href_link($files['path'][$b]) . '">' . $files['name'][$b] . '</a>'; ?></li>
			<?php 
			 } 
			}				 
			if (count($boxHeading) > 0) { 
			 for ($b = 0; $b < count($boxHeading); ++$b) {
			?>
			  <li><?php echo $boxHeading[$b]['heading'][$b]; ?></li>
			  <ul>
			  <?php for ($f = 0; $f < count($boxHeading[$b]['filename']); ++$f) { ?>
				<li><?php echo '<a title="'. $boxHeading[$b]['boxtext'][$f] .'" href="' . tep_href_link($boxHeading[$b]['filename'][$f]) . '">' . $boxHeading[$b]['boxtext'][$f] . '</a>'; ?></li>
				<?php } ?>
			  </ul>
			<?php } } ?>
<?php
//dsa_ Exp $ Information Pages Unlimited BEGIN
 $information_query=mysql_query('SELECT information_id, languages_id, info_title FROM ' . TABLE_INFORMATION .' WHERE visible=\'1\' and languages_id ='.$languages_id.' ORDER BY v_order')
or die(mysql_error());

while ($page = tep_db_fetch_array($information_query)) {
 $rows++;

if($page['info_title'] != 'Contact Us'){
$link = FILENAME_INFORMATION . '?info_id=' . $page['information_id'];
 }else{
$link = FILENAME_CONTACT_US;
 }

echo '<li><a href="' . tep_href_link($link) . '">' . $page['info_title'] . '</a></li>';
}
// Information Pages Unlimited END
?>
		  </ul>
		</td>
	  </tr>
	</table></td>
  </tr>
</table></td>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
</table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Many Thanks

Mark

Lifes a bitch, then you marry one, then you die!

• 2 weeks later...