the Article Manager. I was able to tweak/exclude

infobox and files as I needed. There is still one

that is giving me problems.

http://www.moonlightdelights.com/catalog/dynamic_sitemap.php

Last one in the right column: Topics_name

This is to articles.php.

I have gone into english.php and english/articles.php

and I can not find "topics_name" in any way, shape,

or form. I want to change this to read just "Articles".

Any ideas or help will certainly be appreciated.

This isn't a problem with Dynamic Sitemap. It is just repeating what it finds. I don't use Articles Manager so I don't have an answer for you but I would suggest that you look in english/articles.php. You could also search the articles contribution for Topics_name. That should make it easy to find.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Yeah, I see the problem, it's doing a php command to pull in the name of the category/topic into the browser heading, hence the topics_name. If I change that, then it won't work. Hmmm, will have to figure that one out.

Sorry to have bothered you on this one, Jack.

It's no bother. I've had others ask about getting Articles Manager to work with Dynamic Sitemap and it really should since they both are good for SEO. It is on my list of things to do so I will get to it at some point, if no one else does first.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just installed dynamic_sitemap v 2.0 on my local sit web and I have this error message:

Fatal error: Class 'osC_CategoryTree' not found in \catalog\dynamic_sitemap.php on line 58

This is line : 58

<td width="50%" class="main" valign="top"><?php require DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'category_tree.php'; $osC_CategoryTree = new osC_CategoryTree; echo $osC_CategoryTree->buildTree(); ?></td>

The file category_tree.php is present in the repertory catalog/includes/classes

Which can be the problem?

Where I must seek error?

lfo

Hi,

I checked the configuration the my files configure.php,

The configuration is good, I think and all running correctly except sitemap.

define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://localhost');
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); 
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); 
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'localhost');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/catalog/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/catalog/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/www/catalog/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

lfo

I just installed v2.0, from reading the forum here, twice mind you :). Am I correct that if an info box has a drop down menu for links they will not appear and only the name appears in red, for example manufacturer, on the site map? Also the apostrophe issue has not be taken care of, example of you have Let's See What We Have Here, it is only showing Let in the site map for the index.php page

Thanks

Wendy

I installed this contribution today and have this error at the very top of the page:

Warning: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(..) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/httpd/vhosts/fitness909.com/httpdocs:/tmp) in /home/httpd/vhosts/fitness909.com/httpdocs/includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php on line 114

No, I'm pretty sure it is a server problem. Take a look at the open_basedir setting and make sure it is set to "no value".

Jack

I have similar problem as did Modom. This doesnt affect anything there just comes this error but everything works ok. Also there comes error when I make a back-up from my database but that works also ok. These problems came when my hosting company upgraded their server from MySQL 4 to 5 (maybe other upgrades too)

But I guess I could get rid of these errors by contactin my hosting company. But will there be new problems with that and what should I say them to do?

Should I say them to open_basedir setting and make sure it is set to "no value" as Jack said? Do I get bigger problems with that?

Edited by aapinen

I believe the problem is with the code of this contribution on the pages I posted about. I don't have to change anything on my server for other programs that work without errors and am using mysql 4.1.

I posted a couple of pages back what I did to remove the errors.

I'm having similar problems as others have posted here with -

Fatal error: Class 'osC_CategoryTree' not found in \home\mysite\dynamic_sitemap.php on line 58

anyone know the fix for this?

i assume this mod is compatible with HTC and SEO Urls using the cname cpath method on a windows server ?

The error indicates you are missing the file included with the contribution. You should check to be sure you have uploaded the files.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The error indicates you are missing the file included with the contribution. You should check to be sure you have uploaded the files.

Jack

Hi jack

I've triple checked all the install files and everything is fine. The file "category_tree.php" is in the correct location. ie home/mysite/includes/classes/category_tree.php

I've had this mod working fine on another sever (linux). I'm trying to set up Osc on a new windows server.

The very first MODS i've installed are HTC and SEO URL's , followed by Dynamic site map.

Before this fresh install i ported over my existing shop which is modified and has a working dynamic site map and HTC, as soon as i added SEO URL's (Chemo) , it would no longer function and gave the error as above. Thats why i decided to try a clean install. I used the SEO URL contrib for a windows server (V1.4) using the cname-cpath method of changing the URL.

any ideas where i'm going wrong?

In admin getting this displayed in "tools" sitemap -

'.TEXT_EXCLUDE_FOR_UNREG.tep_draw_radio_field('ex_type','unreg');?>

'.$exclude['exclude_file'].' ('.( $exclude['exclude_type'] == 1 ? TEXT_ALL : TEXT_UNREG ).') '.TEXT_INCLUDE.'

'; } ?>

'.$exclude['exclude_file'].' ('.( $exclude['exclude_type'] == 1 ? TEXT_ALL : TEXT_UNREG ).') '.TEXT_INCLUDE.'

'; } ?>

This last onei indicates it is not installed correctly. Whenever you see capital letters, like TEXT_UNREG, it means a definition is missing/ In this case, that definition comes from the contribution so there is a mistake in the installation.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This last onei indicates it is not installed correctly. Whenever you see capital letters, like TEXT_UNREG, it means a definition is missing/ In this case, that definition comes from the contribution so there is a mistake in the installation.

Jack

Ok , just did a fresh install of Osc for windows server , installed this contrib to the letter added SQL , no other mods added and still the same result in admin/tools/sitemap -

'; } ?>

'; } ?>

And on the catalog page -

# ', $parent_group_end_string = ' ', $child_start_string = '', $child_end_string = '

', $spacer_string = '', $spacer_multiplier = 1; function osC_CategoryTree($load_from_database = true) { global $languages_id; $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by c.parent_id, c.sort_order, cd.categories_name"); $this->data = array(); while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) { $this->data[$categories['parent_id']][$categories['categories_id']] = array('name' => $categories['categories_name'], 'count' => 0);} } //end class osC_CategoryTree function buildBranch($parent_id, $level = 0) { $result = $this->parent_group_start_string; //starts the

* tag if (isset($this->data[$parent_id])) { foreach ($this->data[$parent_id] as $category_id => $category) { $category_link = $category_id; $result .= $this->child_start_string; // prints if (isset($this->data[$category_id])) {$result .= $this->parent_start_string;} //prints nothing if ($level == 0) {$result .= $this->root_start_string;} //prints nothing $result .= str_repeat($this->spacer_string, $this->spacer_multiplier * $level) . ''; $result .= $category['name']; $result .= ''; if ($level == 0) {$result .= $this->root_end_string;} //prints nothing if (isset($this->data[$category_id])) {$result .= $this->parent_end_string;} //prints

if (isset($this->data[$category_id]) && (($this->max_level == '0') || ($this->max_level > $level+1))) { $result .= $this->buildBranch($category_id, $level+1);} $result .= $this->child_end_string; //prints }// end foreach } // end if (isset $result .= $this->parent_group_end_string; // return $result; } //end function function buildTree() { return $this->buildBranch($this->root_category_id);}} ?>

Fatal error: Class 'osC_CategoryTree' not found in D:\home\mysite\dynamic_sitemap.php on line 58

Cant work out where it's getting "D:\home\mysite\dynamic_sitemap.php" from ? not seen D:\ before ??

?

Are you sure you have a full version? I see some partial uploads have been added, which can ruin a contribution. If you grabbed one of those, then it will never work.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Are you sure you have a full version? I see some partial uploads have been added, which can ruin a contribution. If you grabbed one of those, then it will never work.

Jack

ah-ha ! I'm using v2.0 7 Jul 2006 .... i thought this was a full package

Dynamic Sitemap v2.0 with STS

Don't know if this got fixed, but I was having the same problem as someone earlier with the sitemap coming up blank with installed on a site using STS. I've managed to work around the problem, but I don't know why what I did works.

What I did was take the shipping.php file and modify it to include the code to display the site map.

I had the same problem of a blank page using dynamic sitemap and STS. I followed your advice and got it working. Then, because I just couldn't stand it, I compared the files to see what the error was. I found it in line 90 of catalog/dynamic_sitemap.php:

If you are using STS and getting a blank site map page, you just need to change line 90 from:

<?php //require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

to:

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>

In other words, uncomment the require.

----------------------------------------------------

Hi,

I just installed Dynamic Sitemaps and so far so good.

I have a number of links in a box of the form

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAYMENT) . '#splitpayment">' . BOX_PAYMENT_SPLITPAYMENT . '</a><br>' .

where the #splitpayment specifies this named anchor on the page:

<h2><a class="dest" name="splitpayment">Pay in 3 installments!</a></h2>

On the site map link however, the link only goes to the page, without going to the named anchor:

The problem is, in other words, the #splitpayment is ignored.

I tried changing the above to:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAYMENT . '#splitpayment') . '">' . BOX_PAYMENT_SPLITPAYMENT . '</a><br>' .

but that only made the link disappear altogether from the site map. (In the box its still there and still works)

Any ideas? Help appreciated.

This is more to help users than for SEO. (Probably not interesting to have different sections of the same page listed for SEO. I guess.)

-i.

*** Je suis plus souvent sur le forum français ***

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

remote : IcoOpenBSD 4.x, server : IcodiaSecureHttpd, MySQL 4.1.24, php : 4.4.9

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Close but I have 2 bugs :

changed in catalog/includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php

else if ($posStart = strpos($fp[$idx], "FILENAME") !== FALSE)  
	 {  
	   $str = str_replace("'<a href=\"' . tep_href_link(", "", $fp[$idx]);  
	   $str = str_replace("\$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => ", "", $str);  

$parts = explode(")", $str);  
	   $parts[0] = trim($parts[0]);  

$boxParts = explode(".", $parts[1]);  
	   $boxParts[2] = trim($boxParts[2]);		

if (tep_not_null($boxParts[2]))  
	   {	   
		  $boxHeading[$ctr]['filename'][] = getFileName($pathFileName, $parts[0]);  
		  $boxHeading[$ctr]['boxtext'][] = getBoxText($pathLanguage, $boxParts[2]);  
	   }

to

{  
   echo 'parts[0] = ' . $parts[0] . '<br>';  
   $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts = explode(".", $parts[0]);  
   echo 'first part of link: $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0] = ' . $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0] . '<br>';  
   echo 'second part of link: $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[1] = ' . $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[1] . '<br>';  

{	

//			  $boxHeading[$ctr]['filename'][] = getFileName($pathFileName, $parts[0]); //original  
		  $returnedFilename = getFileName($pathFileName, $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0]);  
	  $filenameWithNamedAnchor = ($filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[1] <> '' ? $returnedFilename. '.' . $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[1] : $returnedFilename);  
	  $boxHeading[$ctr]['filename'][] = $filenameWithNamedAnchor;  
	  //			  $boxHeading[$ctr]['filename'][] = (getFileName($pathFileName, $parts[0])) . $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[1];  
	  echo 'filename with named anchor if exists: ' . $filenameWithNamedAnchor . '<br>';  
	  echo 'filename from $parts[0]= ' . getFileName($pathFileName, $parts[0]). '<br>';  
	  echo 'filename from $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0] = ' . getFileName($pathFileName, $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0]). '<br><br>';  
	   }

and the first bug is that getFileName is not getting the filename even though the string $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0] looks right :

output:

parts[0] = FILENAME_PAYMENT . '#splitpayment'

first part of link: $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0] = FILENAME_PAYMENT

second part of link: $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[1] = '#splitpayment'

filename with named anchor if exists: . '#splitpayment'

filename from $parts[0]=

filename from $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0] =

parts[0] = FILENAME_SHIPPING

first part of link: $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0] = FILENAME_SHIPPING

second part of link: $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[1] =

filename with named anchor if exists: shipping.php

filename from $parts[0]= shipping.php

filename from $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0] = shipping.php

2nd bug, have to remove '' from anchor.

Thanks in advance for the string tutorial I obviously need.

-i

Edited by IndiaStarker

ms2fr, Header Tags 2.5.5b, Order logging before payment, Better PayPal Description perso, Free shipping per product, Must agree to terms, Country State Selector, World Zones, Visible countries, Store Pick Up, several shipping modules, Personal Invoice Number, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, More_Pics_6 for 2.2 ms2, Ultimate SEO URLs 2-2.1d/e,Virement Bancaire, Estimated Shipping 1.5, xml_guide, SP+,Step By Step 1.8, Order Editor 2.6.3, Google Analytics, Dynamic Sitemap 2.0, OSC-Expeditor, Recover Cart Sales, Links Manager 1.15

local : linux 2.6 Fedora Core 3, server : APACHE 2.0.54, MySQL 4.1.18, php : 4.4.0 (on strike refuse to update)

Close but I have 2 bugs :

changed in catalog/includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php

and the first bug is that getFileName is not getting the filename even though the string $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0] looks right :

2nd bug, have to remove '' from anchor.

OK I fixed it. Problem resolved with trim. Also erroneous . (a third bug) no longer added to named anchor string.

*** SOLUTION ***

Here is the final code to handle links containing named anchors in boxes such as:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PAYMENT . '#splitpayment') . '">' . BOX_PAYMENT_SPLITPAYMENT . '</a><br>' .

Replace

{  

{	   
		  $boxHeading[$ctr]['filename'][] = getFileName($pathFileName, $parts[0]);  
	   }

with:

{  
   //echo 'parts[0] = ' . $parts[0] . '<br>';  
   $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts = explode(".", $parts[0]);
   $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0] = trim($filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0]);
   $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[1] = trim($filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[1], " '");  
   //echo 'first part of link: $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0] = ' . $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0] . '<br>';  
   //echo 'second part of link: $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[1] = ' . $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[1] . '<br>';  

{	

//			  $boxHeading[$ctr]['filename'][] = getFileName($pathFileName, $parts[0]); //original  
		  $returnedFilename = getFileName($pathFileName, $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0]);  
	  $filenameWithNamedAnchor = ($filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[1] <> '' ? $returnedFilename . $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[1] : $returnedFilename);  
	  $boxHeading[$ctr]['filename'][] = $filenameWithNamedAnchor;  
	  //			  $boxHeading[$ctr]['filename'][] = (getFileName($pathFileName, $parts[0])) . $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[1];  
	  //echo 'filename with named anchor if exists: ' . $filenameWithNamedAnchor . '<br>';  
	  //echo 'filename from $parts[0]= ' . getFileName($pathFileName, $parts[0]). '<br>';  
	  //echo 'filename from $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0] = ' . getFileName($pathFileName, $filenameWithNamedAnchorParts[0]). '<br><br>';  
	   }

-i.

I'd like to ask two hopefuly simple questions....

#1) In my bottom right I have two red dots with nothing next to them, how I can remove those two red dots of nothing?

#2) How can I change the text of the links text. Some of them are like "Get Them While They" Is this possible to change the text name without dissrupting the actual file?

Thanks and things look good so far on my site!

My site map link

Nigelman :thumbsup:

Edited by Tsuri Japan