• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic SiteMap

Jack_mcs

Hi everyone,

At first when Installed Dynamic Sitemap, all was great! But right now google is giving me the http 401/407 error on 586 urls from my site.

That can't be good, right? Could anyone explain what it is that's causing this problem? Are the permissions set wrong?

I can't really find any relevant and helpfull info here or by googling this error. <_<

Hi everyone,

At first when Installed Dynamic Sitemap, all was great! But right now google is giving me the http 401/407 error on 586 urls from my site.

That can't be good, right? Could anyone explain what it is that's causing this problem? Are the permissions set wrong?

I can't really find any relevant and helpfull info here or by googling this error. <_<

What did you do or install between it working and not working?

I have installed dynamic_sitemap_v4.0 I have followed the install instructions carefully But when I click SiteMap Maintenance

in Admin I get the following error. Can anybody help me out

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

Edited by shaka

What did you do or install between it working and not working?

I installed Independent SEO URL Validation, Unique Categories descriptions and Dangling carot! I think the first one might be the problem :huh:

Sir I think you forgot to upload fresh install instructions with your version 4 and this is causing great difficulty. Please post fresh install instruction for youe contribution to work properly

I have installed dynamic_sitemap_v4.0 I have followed the install instructions carefully But when I click SiteMap Maintenance

in Admin I get the following error. Can anybody help me out

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request

That version did not have install instructions, use the previous version.

Sir I think you forgot to upload fresh install instructions with your version 4 and this is causing great difficulty. Please post fresh install instruction for youe contribution to work properly

I don't think that Sir has bothered to read the forum since posting the version 4.

I installed Independent SEO URL Validation, Unique Categories descriptions and Dangling carot! I think the first one might be the problem :huh:

From memory, you can turn off the validation in admin (I say from memory because I did not install it).

From memory, you can turn off the validation in admin (I say from memory because I did not install it).

Yes, you can turn it off in admin. That's what I did and my http errors went down from 586 to 517 in a few hours.

So I guess that's what's causing it. :blush:

Edited by JSR

Yes, you can turn it off in admin. That's what I did and my http errors went down from 586 to 517 in a few hours.

So I guess that's what's causing it. :blush:

If validation is causing "errors" then those "errors" will be due to bad urls and therefore redirects .. you need to find the source of the problem as it won't be validation.

If validation is causing "errors" then those "errors" will be due to bad urls and therefore redirects .. you need to find the source of the problem as it won't be validation.

Hi FWR, I suppose you're right.

I will look into it when this evening. Allmost all of the http errors look like this:

mydomain/-p-64.html?language=en&page=4

I think remember reading something about this in the support thread for Ultimate SEO URLS, not sure though.

Edited by JSR

Hi FWR, I suppose you're right.

I will look into it when this evening. Allmost all of the http errors look like this:

mydomain/-p-64.html?language=en&page=4

I think remember reading something about this in the support thread for Ultimate SEO URLS, not sure though.

Well that looks to me like at some stage your site was putting out urls without the text description and got indexed by Google.

Now Google visits using that url and should be 301 redirected.

It also depends what you mean by errors .. for example I have just noticed Google is now showing duplicate content for the sort=x&page=y sort links so I suppose we'll have to ban the bots from those links now.

Well that looks to me like at some stage your site was putting out urls without the text description and got indexed by Google.

Now Google visits using that url and should be 301 redirected.

It also depends what you mean by errors .. for example I have just noticed Google is now showing duplicate content for the sort=x&page=y sort links so I suppose we'll have to ban the bots from those links now.

Hi again, first off all, I'm not saying those are errors, Google is ;)

When I click the link it displays just fine, when google is saying that either there's user authentification /proxy server authentification required.

I set the Validation to true again and tried this piece of code provided by boxtel in the USEO support thread for includes/application_top.php where language translations are included.

$location = tep_href_link(basename($_SERVER['SCRIPT_NAME']),'products_id='.$_GET['products_id'].tep_get_all_get_params(array('products_id','page','sort')), $request_type);
}

All http errors are gone now. I also seem to remember setting "check user ip" to true in configuration/sessions.

That might have caused it if google crawled the site and indexed the urls during that time?

This stuff is so confusing sometimes, but I'm not planning giving up! :lol:

Hi, I need some assistance. After installing Dynamic sitemap v4.01 succesfully and generating lovely looking sitemap, I find that most of my site has disappeared. Take a look www.landnsea.co.uk . Any help would be really appreciated.

Edited by dusty108

Hi, I need some assistance. After installing Dynamic sitemap v4.01 succesfully and generating lovely looking sitemap, I find that most of my site has disappeared. Take a look www.landnsea.co.uk . Any help would be really appreciated.

What does your code look like in catalog/includes/boxes/information.php?

The install instructions say:

FIND:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a>');

REPLACE with:

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>'.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP . '</a>');

Edited by baddog

What does your code look like in catalog/includes/boxes/information.php?

Thanks for your help Dave. I suspect the problem lies elsewhere: My catalog/includes/boxes/information.php is as follows:

array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION);

new infoBoxHeading($info_box_contents, false, false);

$info_box_contents = array();

$info_box_contents[] = array('text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRIVACY) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONDITIONS) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS . '</a><br>' .

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CONTACT_US) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT . '</a><br>'.

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP) . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_DYNAMIC_SITEMAP . '</a>');

</td>

</tr>

<!-- information_eof //-->

I put my backup into action but it is not behaving either. It seems perfectly normal except when you select a category it seems to just do a refresh of the index instead of displaying the category. I dont know what to do!!

• 2 weeks later...

I Already installed the Dynamic Sitemaps 4.0.1. But When I Click SUBMIT to create it, I receive this error:

and I already created the database "sitemap_exclude"

What is wrong, Why receiving this error?

Creating XML Site Maps

Submit sitemap to: Google Sitemap Yahoo Sitemap Ask Sitemap

Creating site map index file dated: 2008-07-21T23:26:07-07:00

Finding files in HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER/

1146 - Table 'virtuall_OSCom.TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE' doesn't exist

select exclude_file from TABLE_SITEMAP_EXCLUDE where exclude_type != "0" and is_box="0"

[TEP STOP]

I have a couple of tiny problems and wonder if anyone can help with this.

With my catalog i took out all the references to price and carts etc so the site is essentially a brochure. I changed the all instances of Manufacturers to Galleries (all instances that appear on screen all database and code instances remain as MANUFACTUER_ etc etc).

My problems.

1. When viewing my generated sitemap I still see the term Manufactuer. I have been through the entire code of my site and cant seem to find it. where is this info called from so I can locate and change to Galleries.

2. The text also appears in Red. Is there a reason for this?

3. when I generate an XML sitemap for google I get all my STS layout around it but it fails to read the STS tags ie $searchbox etc. is there a way to fix this or remove the layout from the individual page?

My Site is http://www.macdonaldfurniture.co.uk/catalog

Thanks in advance for any help on any of these issues.

Neil

I keep getting this error

Creating site map index file dated: 2008-06-29T16:19:28+00:00

Warning: fopen(/home/inkround/public_html/sitemaps.xml) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/inkround/public_html/create_xml_sitemaps.php on line 137
Unable to create site map index file!

I know someone posted before about it being permissions but I can't seem to figure out what permissions need to be set. I installed version 4.0.1. Can someone post the exact permissions needed for each file in the package, as well as the public_html folder so I can get that error fixed. Also if there is another reason for the error and a different way to fix it I would appreciate it if you could tell me. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Just added this contribution, works fine, and fast, however I am concerned that the created URLs are all php file names and not the SEO URLs that are on my site?

Is there a way to achieve this?

Thanks

D4

Hi,

I got a conflic between sitemap.xml of Dynamic sitemap 4.0 and sitemapindex.xml of Google XML Sitemap Feed - by Chemo.

When run Google XML sitemap feed, the sitemapindex.xml inclued sitemapproducts.xml

and sitemapcategories.xml, it is index sitemap format.

but if run Dynamic Sitemap at the same time, sitemaps.xml(also index sitemap format) in this contribution is will be included in sitemapindex.xml of contribution Google XML Sitemap Feed. then Google said : sitemapindex.xml is error, because sitemaps in sitemapindex.xml should not be sitemap index format, it should be real sitemap like sitemapproducts.xml.

So, what I should do? in robots, is it right to add a line:

Sitemap: http://sample.com/catalog/sitemaps.xml

but sitemaps.xml has been summit to google.

I really confuse about this, could anyone can help me out of this? Thanks very much!