• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Dynamic SiteMap

Jack_mcs

I have an strange error when I am going to dynamic_sitemaps.php , does somebody know what the error means or how I can fix it:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_show_category() (previously declared in /home/shopnl/public_html/shop/includes/header.php:187) in /home/*/public_html/shop/includes/boxes/categories.php on line 13

both of them have the same function : function tep_show_category($counter) {

Edited by arijn

Ive had the site map installed for awhile now all working good, today I went into it and got this error on the Admin side:

Catchable fatal error: Object of class box could not be converted to string in public_html/admin/includes/functions/html_output.php on line 281

Thanks

I still have this error & I have no idea what I did to get it. (or how long its been there) I did a search on Catchable fatal error: in this thread & two others came up but there where no answers replied.

Thanks

Edited by Ausgirl

Not sure if this was the right way to go about it, but I fixed it by commenting out this line:

// if (empty($default) && isset($GLOBALS[$name])) $default = stripslashes($GLOBALS[$name]);

I have installed dynamic site map.

When I run mysite.com/catalog/dynamic_sitemap.php

I get only one product listed. I can't find any errors?

Anyone have an idea?

Ralph

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

I have installed dynamic site map.

When I run mysite.com/catalog/dynamic_sitemap.php

I get only one product listed. I can't find any errors?

Anyone have an idea?

Ralph

oops! Actually no products show up. What I thought was a product was an item in an infobox.

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

oops! Actually no products show up. What I thought was a product was an item in an infobox.
The contribution displays categories, infoboxes and pages, not products, at least not my version. I think someone changed it to display products in one of the uploads. You would need to try that if you want that option. Although installing All products with Images is a better way to go, in my opinion.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

is there a way to display just all products listed on the site? currently i have v. 2.0 installed and it's just showing the categories. i tried the uploaded contribution, but the only products that were listed were the new products on the home page.

I am getting an error in the admin that says

Warning: opendir(/home/mysite/www/): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/www/mysite/admin/sitemap.php on line 95

Error! Can't open catalog dir : /home/mysite/www/

i noticed that the path is weird where it says permission denied.. /home/www/mysite/admin/sitemap.php the path should be

/home/mysite/www/admin/sitemap.php not sure why this is happening. This mod worked fine for me on another site where i used the catalog directory this time i am making a site without the catalog directory

on the public sitemap page i get this error:

Warning: opendir(.): failed to open dir: Permission denied in /home/www/mysite/includes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php on line 100

Failed to open dir

again the pathname isnt right.

Any ideas?

Edited by xbrianx

If the path is wrong, it is either a problem with your configure files or a setting on the server.

Jack

Hmm. I don't know anything about server settings.. i dont think the configure file is wrong because i was having errors with other things earlier ie catalog images and backup systems not being linked right however i have fixed those problems by fixing the path. Also when i use the wrong path when i go to the sitemaps in the admin i get two errors instead of just that one.

What possiblities in the server might need to be changed?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey,

Just installed this and it looks really good.

Couple of questions though.

There are items in the list that I want, but I want to rename them. For example, my index.php page is called 'Let', I'd like it as 'home' - the same goes for other items.

I wanted the manufacturers to show so I installed the code from the contribution page and although the manufacturers do indeed now show, they are seperated by a lowercase 'n

' - it looks bad.

Many Thanks. Good contribution.

The only way to currently change the name is by chaning the defines in the english/index.php file (in this case). That will be an option on the next update, although I'm not sure when that will be.

If you are seeing n's on the page, it is probably because you used an unpatched version of the file manager in admin. if that is the case, you will need to edit those files to replace all instances of "n" with "\n".

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

I appologize if this has been covered before. I have a couple of pages on my site that I do want in the site map BUT I want them to show up as secure links. Mainly this is for a service/repair type form. I also have the login page included. Is there something implemented already?

Thank you,

Todd

No, there isn't. That is really a bug in the code no one has mentioned before. I will add it to the list of changes but can't say when it will be done.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thank you for your quick reply. I will see what I can come up with. It would just have to be a hardcoded list of pages that includes some defaults(like log in etc) and then the end user would have to add his/her own ssl pages. Does that seem on track?

Thanks,

Todd

That might work but it should be automatic so the user doesn't have to think of it. Each page that requires ssl will have code in it to check for that so the best way that I can think of is to read in that root file and check for the code. If it is there, then the link is created with the ssl option.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack

I hope you can clarify a bit for me. Why is putting code in multiple root files(login, my service form, my account, etc.) to see if dynamic sitemap should make the link ssl or not a better solution than putting a list of files to check for in includes/modules/dynamic sitemap.php a better solution? Is there something to be gained or some future problem I have not thought of? And off the top of your head does this problem exist anywhere else where putting the code in the individual root files would be benificial? Killing two birds with one stone so to speak. Please don't take this post negatively, I often do things without thinking ahead and create more problems for myself.

Thanks a bunch,

Todd

I didn't say to add code to each file in the root (or the ones for ssl). I said they already have that code. By checking if the code exists, you ensure that all files that require ssl that might get added to the shop in the future will also work. Let's say you make the change and a thousand shops install it. Then some great new contribution is released that requires a new, secure page. If those thousand shops install that contribution, they have just broken the site map. Not fatally, of course. But it won't work as it should.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Excellent! I knew there was something I was missing. As always you have been a great help. I did not know each page already has the code there, live and learn. I appreciate the help more than the answer also, as I realize it probably took more time to explain it to me than just figure out the code and post it. Have a great day/night!

Todd

The categories are sorted based on their sort setting in admin. For the pages, trying adding this right before the ?> in incudes/modules/dynamic_sitemap.php
sort($files['name']);

Jack

If you just use the one sort statement as above, only the names get soted, but the links do not.

Use this instead

sort($files['path']);
sort($files['name']);

Jim Bullen - President

The Cigar Hut Group of Companies

Installed add-ons: (that now need to be upgraded to OSC CE Phoenix)

PWA, MVS, Easy Populate, Dynamic Sitemap, Featured Products, MVS Order Editor, MVS Shipping Estimator, Google XML Sitemap, About Us, Ad Tracker, Address Enhancer, Also Purchased, Backorders, Category Descriptions, Dynamic Meta Tags, Contact Us Email Subjects, Country state Selector, Extra Address Line, Order Number in Email Subject, OSC Affiliate, Product Extra Fields, Review Approval System, Reviews in Product Display, Sold Out, Sold Out (but Displayed), Ultimate SEO URL's, Updated Spiders, Welcome Email Password, Pending Order Email, Who's Online Enhancement, CCGV, Easy Discounts, Customer Comments, Request a Review, Sales Report, plus many many more!

I don't understand what you mean by "checking for the code." Bandwidth usage is determined by the size of the page and the sitemap page is small as page sizes go so if that is what you are concerned about, there's no need.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons