• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Can't Find The Right Contribution

I've been looking for a contribution that will alow me to set the price as nothing and will only give a price when a certain model car is pulled up from the drop down list. I'm selling car performance parts and each model unfortunately has a different price. I want that price displayed and nothing else. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!!

can you explain your need better please? I'm in the same business and don't quite follow what you are asking for.

do you have an example of another site that does this?

Ok what I need is something like the Actual Attribute Price But not give a price of one item at all unless it is selected from the pull down menu.

Ok what I need is something like the Actual Attribute Price But not give a price of one item at all unless it is selected from the pull down menu.

give me an example using an actual part please....

so something like you will have a "product" called pacesetter headers. no price. then a bunch of "options" in a "dropdown" for each car you sell with a price for each one of those?

Ok for example. I'm selling ...Forced Induction. Thats the item you click on. It would show no price of it untill you selected what car it was going in. So if I choose an Eclipse (00-Current) Price would be 3,500, but if I choose Eclipse (92-99) it was 3,200 and each of the respective prices would be shown at the top of the page where teh price normally is. I hope this explains what I'm looking for better!!

Edited by tates

Ok for example. I'm selling ...Forced Induction. Thats the item you click on. It would show no price of it untill you selected what car it was going in. So if I choose an Eclipse (00-Current) Price would be 3,500, but if I choose Eclipse (92-99) it was 3,200 and each of the respective prices would be shown at the top of the page where teh price normally is. I hope this explains what I'm looking for better!!

cool... i manage my catalog differently but I think you might want to look at either master products or family of products. one of those may work for you. I dont use them yet.....possibly down the road. I personally create a different product for each so what you describe above would be 2 seperate products... my theory on this is they each would have their own part # anyways so treat them like seperate products....