• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Add new customer in admin

bocs

Hi all

Well i have tried to add the contribution 'Customer add' both overwriting and manually into my store with no luck.

Overwriting obviously changed the customers.php file so i lost my groups facility and Manually inputting the code into customers.php failed as there was no 'insert' button visible.

I really need to add this facility to my store without messing about with my sppc section.

I am disabling the create account section of my store as my store is only for specific clients.

Can anyone help with this?

• 1 month later...
Hi all

Well i have tried to add the contribution 'Customer add' both overwriting and manually into my store with no luck.

Overwriting obviously changed the customers.php file so i lost my groups facility and Manually inputting the code into customers.php failed as there was no 'insert' button visible.

I really need to add this facility to my store without messing about with my sppc section.

I am disabling the create account section of my store as my store is only for specific clients.

Can anyone help with this?

Just curious if you ever figured this out? I am trying to install this supposedly easy contrib and it's not happy with my other contribs being there. Sheesh..it's only two files...I thought I was in for an easy night. Now i have to remove it all.

Lauren (who is off to pore over the contrib support forums)

• 7 months later...
Just curious if you ever figured this out? I am trying to install this supposedly easy contrib and it's not happy with my other contribs being there. Sheesh..it's only two files...I thought I was in for an easy night. Now i have to remove it all.

Lauren (who is off to pore over the contrib support forums)

I've had some issues with adding contributions in the past, and have discovered that it has to do with permissions. Rather than uploading a new file, either copying and pasting the code into the file (on the admin site), or deleting the current file and creating a new one with the same name and pasting in the code, worked well.