• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

UK Onsite Credit Card Processing

dezil

I have looked in the forums and can not find a final answer to this question. I have to set up payment processing for a site in the UK. This has limited my choice of payment gateways that i can use, paypal etc but all seem to get to payment stage, then you leave the site, then come back, its very unprofesional.

I have a site with SSL, i have got all i need to set up a merchant account but i cant find a system that will let me put my cards through on the site. I am going to add paypal and cheque payments anyway as an extra option, but i would like a system so that they can enter their card details and put the payment through right there.

Please can someone give me some help here? I have looked at secpay also, they allow processing on your server aswell as theirs, but this doesnt seem to work in the payment module.

Thanks for any help.

I have looked in the forums and can not find a final answer to this question. I have to set up payment processing for a site in the UK. This has limited my choice of payment gateways that i can use, paypal etc but all seem to get to payment stage, then you leave the site, then come back, its very unprofesional.

I have a site with SSL, i have got all i need to set up a merchant account but i cant find a system that will let me put my cards through on the site. I am going to add paypal and cheque payments anyway as an extra option, but i would like a system so that they can enter their card details and put the payment through right there.

Please can someone give me some help here? I have looked at secpay also, they allow processing on your server aswell as theirs, but this doesnt seem to work in the payment module.

Thanks for any help.

Can do it and ready made modules are available:

Protx

SecPay

Forcetronix

Can do it but there are no ready made modules for osc yet.

Worldpay

Metacharge

Optimalpay

Edited by Jumping Rabbit

Thanks for the advice i will look into protx and forcetronix for sure, i know that secpay can do it bu the module that i have forwards onto their secure site, ie the standard oscommerce one, is there something im missing?

If you can point me in the right direction with secpay youd really save me hours of work! Thanks

I might have been wrong about secpay..i will check it out and get back to you.

Meanwhile...

Protex and forcetronix for sure has working ones...

Sorry, i was wrong about secpay, they should have been placed in the second category of can does. They do offer a direct integration metode but there is no ready made osc module available using this metode yet....

Protx is the way to go IMO (cheapest by far of any of the 6 mentioned above) as long as you/your client can get an internet merchant number from their bank which usually requires X amount of sales a month and sucessful trading history before they will give it to you from my experience.

Yeh the client is already set up and trading a lot with years of history so im sure it wont be a problem to upgrade their account and get it working with protx, it looks the best for what i want right now.

Their shifting hosting capanies on my advice right now so in a few days i will intergrate protx and get that setup, then it might be time to launch!