• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Making a "clone" of my store

DriWashSolutions

I would like to make a copy of my store, then make modifications to the new store so that the two are completely separate from each other. That is I want the second store to have 0 customers, 0 orders, etc.

If I copy the catalog file to a subdomain, what needs to be changed in order to complete the process?

TIA.

John Skurka

I would like to make a copy of my store, then make modifications to the new store so that the two are completely separate from each other.  That is I want the second store to have 0 customers, 0 orders, etc. 

If I copy the catalog file to a subdomain, what needs to be changed in order to complete the process?

TIA.

you need to create a new database for your clone second store and set your clone shop configure.php files up accordingly for your new catalog store name folder and database.

:thumbsup: TAKE A LOOK

( WARNING )

I think I know what Im talking about.

BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP BACK UP

you need to create a new database for your clone second store and set your clone shop configure.php files up accordingly for your new catalog store name  folder and database.

Well I created the DB, and found out that I needed to run the oscommerce.sql to create all of the tables. Did that, now I need to add some more sql for the various contribs that I have.

John Skurka

Well I created the DB, and found out that I needed to run the oscommerce.sql to create all of the tables.  Did that, now I need to add some more sql for the various contribs that I have.

nope, use an export of your current database that already has all contributions in it.

After you imported it, go through every table in phpmyadmin, view the content and if it was filled at runtime of your shop, and is not data needed as variables, truncate that table.

:-)

Monika

:-)

Monika

addicted to writing code ... can't get enough of databases either, LOL!

my toolbox: Textpad - Compare and Merge - phpMyAdmin - WS_FTP - Photoshop - How to search the forum

Interactive Media Award July 2007 ~ category E-Commerce

my advice on the forum is for free, PMs where you send me work are considered consultation which I charge for ...

Archived